Start by marking “Cold Light of Day (Cold Justice, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cold Light of Day (Cold Justice, #3)

Cold Light of Day

(Cold Justice #3)

What happens when an FBI agent falls for the daughter of the most notorious spy in US history? Discover the explosive chemistry in this non-stop action Romantic Suspense!

Physicist Scarlett Stone is the daughter of the most notorious Russian spy in FBI history. With her father dying in prison, time is running out. Using a false identity, she gains access to the Russian amba
Published November 16th 2014 by Toni Anderson

To ask other readers questions about Cold Light of Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Light of Day

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Cold Justice Series.
When Scarlott Stone came up with her plan to uncover the truth about her father by bugging the Russian Ambassador's home office, she really didn't think through the what if's. The opportunity presented itself too quickly to do much planning at all. Which is why she was seen on video by both the Russians and the FBI after her aborted attempt, aborted because she discovered a bug was already in the desk lamp she had selected.
Special Agent Matt Laz
Jonetta
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Scarlett Stone sees a chance to gather evidence to prove her father's innocence and seizes the opportunity (he was convicted 14 years ago of being a spy for the Russians). Trouble is she stepped (clumsily) right into the middle of some serious political intrigue involving the Russian ambassador and the FBI. Special Agent Matt Lazlo had no idea the charming woman he flirted with at a Christmas party would turn out to be major trouble.

What I enjoye
"Avonna
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another exciting read from Toni Anderson in this series based around the FBI's BAU. This installment has a daughter trying to prove her father was wrongly imprisoned and labeled a spy 14 years ago by the FBI. Her attempt to bug the Russian Ambassador sets the true spies on a deadly path to remain unknown. An interesting and hot match up between brilliant physicist, Scarlett Stone and exNavy SEAL turned FBI analyst, Matt Lazlo.

This is an installment that can be read as a stand alone, but the whol
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in Toni Anderson's Cold Justice series. Scarlett Stone's father is in prison for being a Russian spy but she is positive he was set up and now he has cancer. Scarlett is determined to find proof her father is innocent and an opportunity arrives with the invitation to a party. Only things go wrong and FBI Agent, and former Navy SEAL, Matt Lazlo saves her life and must keep her from sacrificing herself for those she loves.

Excellent continuation of the series. Fast-paced and entertai
Debra Johnson
Cold Light of Day by Toni Anderson
Genres; Adult, Crime, Romance, Suspense.
3 Stars

Dull & Boring
I didn't find any typos etc. in my copy. I read some reviews from 2016 that said they were in their copy. So, either I missed them or the author updated the book and they no longer exist in the eBooks.

One of my reasons for giving this 3 stars is the mc's. Both Scarlett and Matt were boring. I didn't hate them or anything like that. There were a couple of redeeming qualities to both of them, but mos
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Fourteen years ago, Scarlett Stone's father was convicted of betraying his country as a Russian spy and sentenced to prison. No one believed him to be innocent except his wife & daughter. Scarlett is on a mission to prove her father's innocence and inadvertently stirs up an international, political hornet's nest in the process - and also disrupts an FBI undercover operation. She is now the target of some very ruthless, scary villains who will do whatever it takes to silence her. Former SEAL, ...more
Anuradha
Honestly, I rather enjoyed this one and was originally going for three stars, but Ms. Anderson doesn't know the difference between 'poured' and 'pored', and brutal as you may call me for this, that's where the one star goes.
Mei
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Intricated and interesting with a Russian spy feeling!
Carolyn
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anderson-toni
These books keep getting better and better! I was a wreck! The best kind of read when it is an edge-of-your seat page turner. And, add in a little romance and I am in heaven. Yep, great read!
Diane
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Words of caution: Never cross a Russian! A Christmas party at the Russian Embassy in Washington, DC turns out to be not a good idea to attend especially if you had planned on putting an electronic listening device in the main office!

The big question then is, who is the real traitor?

A pretty good read, fast paced, twists and turns, a TSTL moment, and one very hot scene.

4 stars and 2 thumbs up
Anita
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW! If you think the Cold War has ended, think again. Cold Light of Day treats us to a game of cat and mouse, American - Russian style and is as taunt a thriller as anything Tom Clancy has ever written.
Lauren
Cold Light of Day
4 Stars

The daughter of a notorious Russian spy, Scarlett Stone is determined to prove her father's innocence. To that end, she infiltrates the Russian embassy to plant a listening device in the ambassador's office unwittingly interfering with an FBI investigation. Targeted by both the Russians and the FBI, Scarlett finds herself relying on former Navy SEAL and current FBI profiler Matt Lazlo to keep her safe. But as the net tightens, Scarlett and Matt suspect a traitor in their
Wendy
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great addition to Toni Anderson's "Cold Justice" series.
Cindy ~
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plenty of espionage makes up this latest in the Cold Justice series. Each of these book are so full of acts of betrayal and death not only from who you’d consider bad guys – in this book it’s the Russians – but also from our own government in some form. I love the way the author sets it up at the beginning where we know clearly who some of the bad guys are but yet takes us through many twist and turns before we find out who all the players are.

The story starts with a daughter trying to prove th
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I really liked this one. Fast, adrenalin filled; and full of crosses and double crosses between spies and the FBI...and within the ranks of the FBI itself. ''Cold Justice'' is such a great RS series.

I can't believe more RS readers haven't discovered this author/series yet; as well as Laura Griffins also excellent ''Tracers'' series. Both are great, and I would heartily recommend both series to readers who like RS with a slant towards FBI agents.
Yvonne
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Solid 4 Stars.
Enjoyable, strong action and sexual tension, but not enough "HEAT" if you know what I mean!
Still good fun.

Anxiously waiting for next
Great suspense thrillers
John W.
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

“Cold Light of Day” is a story of loyalty to friends, self-confidence, justice, corrupt politics, betrayal, manipulation, and a daughter’s love for her father. Toni Anderson’s readers see her pull out all the stops as she writes the story of scientist Scarlet Stone seeking to prove her father’s innocence for a crime he did not commit. Twenty years earlier her father was tried and convicted for being a Russian spy.

Each of Anderson’s Cold Justice series features new protagonists in each new story
Tracy T.
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story! Great Narration!
This was a great story. Loved the espionage, spies, kidnappings and mystery solving. Wonderful characters too. I really liked Scarlett, she was had a good sense of humor and didn't really have any TSTL moments. She was smart and witty. I liked the hero Matt too. Great character. He had no deep dark issues or I am not good enough's for her. That is a nice change in a story.

There was a lot of great dialogue through the entire story. Love lots of dialogue. The chemistry
Shelley
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoying this series, but I'm now tired from reading late into the night.
Starfire
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in a series I originally picked up because the premise read like Criminal Minds fanfic, and I have to say that Ms Anderson has pleasantly surprised me with the quality of her writing in each instalment.

Her female leads aren't all the kind of kickass chicks I know and love in, say, Elle Kennedy's Midnight books. They are, however, three-dimensional human beings who are all competent enough in their own fields for me to respect them - and Ms Anderson consistently avoids havi
Judy Churchill
This was good. Not outstanding but solid good. Much like books one and two.
Bette Stanek
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Another hit in the Cold Justice series by Toni Anderson! I devoured the first two books in this series and then had to take a break. I didn’t mean for the break to be as long as it was. Psychological thrillers with a side of romantic suspense are my all time faves. However, after reading a few I have to take a break with total fluff and fun. Before I delve back into the thrillers, I have to make sure I have time to truly savor them. I dove back into the Cold Justice series with Cold Light of Day ...more
Sue
Another fast paced, riveting story about espionage, crooked FBI agents and a few Russian diplomats thrown in for good measure! This story starts at the Russian Embassador's Christmas party where Scarlett Stone and her friend are attending, albeit under false pretences. Congressman LeMay & his wife wanted to put in their apologies for the party, but unbeknown to them, their daughter Angel, looking for a fun time, accepted the invitation and asked her best friend, Scarlett, to pose as her sist ...more
Pam Nelson
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the perfect fit to this box set.
Not only do we see a fresh new couple and all the things they get in to, to save the one you’re trying to protect. But we get to see some of our old favorites, Alex and Mallory! Yay.

Now FBI Special Agent Matt Lazlo bumps in to a pretty lady literally.
He wants to see more of her. But it wasn’t meant to be… Or was it?
Scarlett Stone is on a mission free her father from all charges before he passes. So she has a plan only the plan doesn’t go as planned.. Do
Clarie Giselle Mercado
Could have been a 4 stars rating if......

This book had the potential to be rated at 4 stars but I had many quarrels with this particular book. The first two books in the Cold Justice series were way better. This one seem too juvenile in many aspects and often far fetch. I get it the heroine is 26 but she’s a Doctor in physics so expected her to be more intelligent and diligent. Matt I liked too but his constant inner struggle kind of turned me off. Now I know some ppl believe in love at first si
Linda
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scarlett is at the end of her wits, her father, thats in prison framed for something he didnt do, is battling cancer, and Scarlett just has to do something about it. Through a fortunate happenstance shes invited to one of the old players in the framing, and shes taking this chance.
FBI Special Agent Matt thought this was just another boring political party, he had no idea that the cute woman he met would become the biggest trouble in a long while. When Scarlett needs saving, Matt and his team ge
Mariz
I love the theme of this one, freeing an innocent man accused of espionage and treason. I just wish Scarlet had been portrayed as a stronger character. I feel like all she did was freak out, apologize and go with the flow and that the only bravest thing she did what had occurred in the first chapter, after that nothing admirable. And Matt, he was not my favorite hero. I felt like all was done by Alex Parker (A Cold Dark Place) and the other guys, he was thoroughly distracted by his attraction to ...more
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
I am really loving this series...

This is the third book...each book I become more invested in the characters that I meet.

This book from the very first page is action packed. The story was filled with conspiracy, espionage and kept me guessing. I was floored when the revelation of the 'bad guys' was shown to me.

I totally recommend this author, she really is awesome. Her voice in romantic suspense is becoming a new fave. So glad a friend turned me on to her books!!!!
Glenda Bettin
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book in this series, really liked these 2 together
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Sounds to Die By (Sensory Ops, #1)
  • Behind the Mask (The Associates #4)
  • Fight or Flight
  • Wanted (Deadly Secrets #2)
  • Wanted (Hostage Rescue Team, #8)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • Warrior (Crossfire, #5)
  • The Deepest Ocean (Eden #2)
  • Avenging Angel
  • Deadly Games (Deadly, #4)
  • Scream For Me (For Me, #3)
  • Silver Falls
  • Run from Fear (Dead Wrong, #3)
  • Pursuit
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Slow Burn (Lawmen, #3)