Start by marking “The Princess Wore Plaid (The Oxenburg Princes, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Princess Wore Plaid (The Oxenburg Princes, #2.5)

The Princess Wore Plaid

(The Oxenburg Princes #2.5)

Sizzling Scottish romance abounds in this e-novella in the Princes of Oxenburg series, a spinoff to New York Times bestselling author Karen Hawkins’s delightful Duchess Diaries series.

A princess once bejeweled but now tattered…

Royal princess Tatiana Romanovin is the beautiful, wealthy, and spoiled favorite of the King of Oxenburg. On her way to her cousin’s wedding in the
Published March 21st 2016 by Pocket Star

Start your review of The Princess Wore Plaid (The Oxenburg Princes, #2.5)
Daniella
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
*An ARC was given in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the writer and the publisher for the opportunity to read this.*

(2.5 stars, but as a personal rule, I round down.)

I love Karen Hawkins. I love the Beauty and the Beast trope. I love Scottish romances. You see, all the elements to make this a 5 star novella were there. So, why the 2 stars? What went wrong?

1. The writing was bland. I couldn't pinpoint what was different, but this just didn't have the usual fun feeling I get from Karen
Lover of Romance
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review

The Princess Wore Plaid deals with a short story about two people that may not seem right for each other at first....but end up needing each other in the right ways. Tatiana, is a princess from Oxenburg, but on her way to meet up with her cousin, she was injured in a carriage accident, wandering in the forest and was taken in by a couple who owns a inn. She works in the inn hoping to hear from one of her cousins. Then she meets our hero
Beebs
A light hearted, Beauty and the Beast short story. Buchan is in pain from an injury he received in India and Tatiana is stranded at an inn, after losing her memory in an accident and is now working there to earn her keep.

The love story is believable, a slow build up of them getting to know each other but the end of the story is a little far fetched. I haven't read the other books in the series and thought I might be a bit lost, but it works well as a standalone. A pleasant, lazy afternoon read.

Julie
The Princess Wore Plaid by Karen Hawkins is a 2016 Pocket Star publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher, Edelweiss, and as a member of the official street team of XOXO After Dark.

It is always a pleasure to read one of Karen Hawkins’ historical romance novels. This is a novella length story and is a part of the Oxenburg Princes series.

Most of the time fairytales end with the heroine marrying her prince, becoming a princess as a result, and living happily ever after, leav
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
3 1/2 Stars
While traveling to a family event, Princess Tatiana Romanovin of Oxenburg's traveling coach is set upon by brutes and in the confusion, Tatiana winds up lost and temporarily without her memory. When she finally remembers who she is, she makes her way to a Scottish inn, where no one believes she is a princess and in order to repay the kindness of the inn owners, she becomes their maid. Tatiana has never had to do any sort of physical labor for this princess has been pampered from birth
Carla
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
**I received a free eARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

This was a very enjoyable and light-hearted read! I loved the main characters and was rooting for them all along, even if Lord Buchan had a crazy temper sometimes... But he's really not to blame, is he?

When he meets Tatiana for the first time, he immediately falls in love with her. Yup, I'm all about the instalove, don't judge. He can't stop thinking about her, which also makes him forget the pain caused
Bambi Unbridled
I have been enjoying The Oxenburg Princes series quite a bit over the last year. Their stoicism and dry humor in contract to their Tata Natasha's crazy antics has been quite entertaining. Throwing a princess novella in the mix was a great filler while we wait for Nik's story in Mad for the Plaid. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did... but I loved it. It was a nice quick read with relatable and engaging characters and a sweet love story.

Our Oxenburg Royalty in this story is Princess Tatia
Hannah
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

This is an in between novella for the Princes of Oxenburg series centered on one of the Princes' cousins. I love Karen Hawkins she always has a witty cast of characters who get pushed into unlikely situations and fall in love.

Princess Tatiana was on her way to her cousins wedding there was an accident and when she came too could remember nothing, she fled the scene and wandered for a couple of days before coming to an inn where she was offered a job. When she finally regained her memo
Didi
2.5 Stars

I don't know, perhaps it's the lack of Tata Natasha in this book (as she usually made some appearance in any Oxenburg-related stories with all her antics)? Or what I felt not enough interactions between the main characters that I didn't really feel the sizzles.

Both Lord Darrac Buchan and Princess Tatiana Romanovin were likeable enough characters. I have soft spot for disabled character (Buchan's considered as disabled with his injured leg after his trip in India, right?) and the kind o
Ruckasaurus Rex
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Princess Wore Plaid, the third tale in Karen Hawkins’ Oxenburg Princes series is just as delightful as The Prince and I. This story focuses on another Oxenburg royal, this time Princess Tatiana Romanovin. Fans of the series will fall in love with this princess-come-barmaid who is stranded when her carriage crashes and she shows up with no memories. Beautiful and privileged, Tatiana struggles to work for a rural innkeeper and wife while hoping her family comes to the rescue. Recovering slowly ...more
Jaci
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What happens when a Princess loses her way and finds herself working as a maid at an Inn in England. Now add a stubborn Scot who was wounded in a battle and is now hiding out on his estate in the highlands.

Princess Tatiana of Oxenburg is travelling to her cousins wedding when her carriage is attacked and she is separated from her people. She winds up working as a maid at an inn that she stumbles upon. The kind owners do not believe she is who she says but they take her in. Lord Buchan only leav
Blodeuedd Finland
A short novella about a princess and a Scot. I have not read the other books in the series, but it did not matter (though I am positive I have read something, or maybe not.) Anyway, this is a novella in that series and you can jump right in.

And when you do you meet Princess Tatiana who was in an accident and works at an inn. The inn people were so nice. So got lucky there. But no one has come for her yet, strange.

In comes Lord Buchan. A limp, a lingering sickness. Cranky. And sure enough he fall
Susan (susayq ~)
Short little novella in this series.

Princess Tatiana was involved in a carriage accident and ends up at an inn working as a maid. She meets the grumpy Lord Buchan and they end up falling in love even though both of them realize that she will have to leave when her cousin eventually comes for her. I loved how she brought out the good in him and he GAVE HER A LIBRARY!!!!! What girl wouldn't swoon over that?!

The Drummonds (the inn owners) were nice to her, but they made me mad in the end. Nope, n
Barbee
Mar 07, 2016 added it
This book is about a spoiled coddled Princess Tatiana Romanovin who get thrown from her carriage on her way to her cousin's wedding in Scotland, as they are held up by bandits. Princess Tatiana's frightened entourage and servants are so terrorized they all runaway, when they do look for her she is no where to be found. As the Princess is lost in the woods for two days and does not know who she is or where she is but she ends up at The Red Lion Inn just as her memory returns. When she tells The D ...more
Juliana Philippa
This was an okay novella, but nothing to write home about, and there were several things that annoyed me. As always, I'm going to preface this by saying that novellas are often hard for me, because I hate rushed love or insta-lust and it's difficult to build a believable love story in a novella ... but honestly, at this point, I've ready so many surprisingly AWESOME romance novellas, that I don't know that I should include this statement anymore, because it's definitely possible.

Anyway, I respec
Kathy (My Nook Books and More)
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: xoxoperts, 2016
The Princess Wore Plaid is a short and romantic retelling of Beauty and the Beast. This is my first time reading from author Karen Hawkins and I enjoyed this story.

I love historical romances for the beautiful settings, romance and charming heroes. But in The Princess Wore Plaid the hero is a grumpy Lord Buchan. Lord Buchan was injured in battle and has been hiding in his countryside estate. He leaves only once a week to visit the local inn for a meal in their private dining room. Normally he enj
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
This is book 2.5 in the "The Oxenburg Princes " series. I have read all books in this series, but I have found that these books are standalone. This has been a really good series and each book seems to get better and better.
Royal princess Tatiana Romanovin carriage had an accident and she was hurt with a head injury. Tatiana walked until she found herself at a Inn. There she found worked and tried to get the owner to send her letter to her cousin the Prince so that he could come an get her. But
Mya
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Princess Wore Plaid by Karen Hawkins
(The Princes of Oxenburg #3.5)

Release Date: March 21, 2016

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ This was a perfect short story. A play on the Beauty and the Beast fairytale, which happens to be be one of my favourites! Who doesn't want that huge library! Darrac and Tatiana were sweet together. He was a good "beast" with just the right amount of surliness and she had the perfect attitude to tame it. This was a super quick read that left me smiling and happy.

The Oxenburg Princes serie
Julie
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency, romance, novella
This was a great novella. We have a foreign princess working as a maid after her carriage was held up and a lord who was injured in battle who also lost his fiancée because of his ugly leg wounds. Tatiana is just waiting for her cousin to find her while she works away at tasks she's never done before, because no one believes that she really is a princess...until she meets Buchan. Buchan has become a little moody and grumpy since his return, the ache in his leg has lot to do with that. But he's b ...more
Heather andrews
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Buchan entertained me greatly, “you dinnae thank a mon for apologizing for nae being a mon.” His dark brown eyes sparkled with reluctant humor. “Although I suppose you’re allowed to show a guid deal of surprise if ’tis warranted.” I really loved him, "he brushed a kiss over her mouth, stopping her words. “I dinnae dare think of such. All I could do was tempt you to my side with books. Lots and lots of books. It was all I had.” I really enjoyed this book.
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
This was kinda hard or me to review. I love Karen Hawkins! But this book kinda was just....IDK. Not her best? I not sure but I just didn't really get into it. I'll go 3 - 3.5 stars overall. I didn't LOVE it but it was Bad.
Linda
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable short historical romance. It's the first I've read by this author and do not plan to make it my last.

I have already posted a few of my fav quotes and will post my full review soon!

3 1/2 Wine Glasses!
Lisa
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, netgalley
Cute sweet little story. Only take a few hours to read. Would be good to have when you need to take something to read on a road trip or a plane ride.
The characters play well together. The plot isn't difficult to follow.
Laurie
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very quick and easy read. Yes, use of the Scottish dialect is a bit distracting, but it helps the story along. Really enjoyed the characters and the story.
Michelle
Good, quick romantic read!
RaeLatte
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A princess, an accident, and a Scot are the perfect ingredients for a quick read.

We all dream of escaping our lives for a moment or two. When Tatiana has a freak accident, she just might be able to escape the noble life for a more simple and fulfilling one.

A historical romance with the perfect amount of sweet, sin, and sass.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ
Fun but not too long ebook novella. #2.5 in the series Princes of Oxenburg. Might have been nice if it was full novel length, but it was longer than most novella's. (125 pages or so). Tatiana is the four Oxenburg Prince's cousin.
Heidi
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it
A good read it was nicely written a bit of the author's sparkle wasn't in this book though and I have read so many of her books. I did enjoy it and some parts were better than others. none the less a good quick read.
Sonja
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the Oxenburg Princes series (Prince and I is still my fave!) and finally got to read this super short novella. (Tip: read this one before you read Mad for Plaid. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 is because it was just too short. I really wanted to read more of Buchanan and Tatiana's story!
Tracy Emro
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of this book from the NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

I loved this book. It was so sweet and so well done.

Buchan is a great hero, he has suffered and is in constant pain due to an accident he was in a couple of years ago. The pain he suffers prevents him from traveling any great distance, so his only contact with the outside world is from his weekly visit to the local inn for dinner. The blurb says he was abandoned by his betrothed - but there is a
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jul 28, 2015 05:58PM

• Wicked in His Arms (Wedded by Scandal, #2)
  • Once a Spy (Rogues Redeemed, #4)
  • The Demon Duke (Put Up Your Dukes, #1)
  • The Royal Conquest (Scandalous House of Calydon, #4)
  • The Dangers of Deceiving a Viscount (Desperate Debutantes, #3)
  • A Lady's Code of Misconduct (Rules for the Reckless, #5)
  • A Momentary Marriage (Montclair-de Vere, #2)
  • The Lion's Lady (Crown's Spies, #1)
  • The Wedding Bargain (Effingtons, #1)
  • The Husband List (Effingtons, #2)
  • The Prince's Bride (Effingtons, #4)
  • Accidentally Compromising the Duke (Wedded by Scandal, #1)
  • Never Deceive a Duke (Neville Family, #2)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • Never Dare a Wicked Earl (Infamous Lords, #1)
  • A Visit From Sir Nicholas (Effingtons, #9)
  • Her Highness, My Wife (Effingtons, #5)
  • The Marrying Season (Legend of St. Dwynwen, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Karen Hawkins writes novels that have been praised as touching, witty, charming, and heartwarming. A native Southerner who grew up in the mountains of East Tennessee where storytelling is a way of life, Karen recently moved to frosty New England with her beloved husband and multiple foster dogs. The Dove Pond books are a nod to the thousands of books ...more

The Oxenburg Princes (3 books)
  • The Prince Who Loved Me (The Oxenburg Princes, #1)
  • The Prince and I (The Oxenburg Princes, #2)
  • Mad for the Plaid (The Oxenburg Princes, #3)