Start by marking “Her Hometown Hero (Unexpected Heroes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Hometown Hero (Unexpected Heroes, #2)

Her Hometown Hero (Unexpected Heroes #2)

Dr. Spence is searching for the perfect woman…but how will he know when he’s found her? From New York Times bestselling author Melody Anne, the second steamy romance in a new breakout series based on her beloved and bestselling Billionaire novels.

In the bestselling books Billionaire Wins the Game, Hidden Treasure, and The Billionaire’s Marriage Proposal, among others, we m
Published June 30th 2015 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Her Hometown Hero, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Claire Robinson
Jan 22, 2015 Claire Robinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - "You're the type of woman a man wants on his arm forever, not just for a night." Stars.

I really enjoy Melody Anne’s writing style, and her Unexpected Heroes series is how I discovered her, so because of that I do have a bit of a soft spot for the people, not to mention the town of Sterling, Montana where most of the stories in the series have been set around.

I will be honest and say this book so far is my least favorite, mainly because I really struggled to like either Spence or Sage that
Stacee
Jun 08, 2015 Stacee rated it did not like it
I loved the idea of a group of matchmaking older people, but this really fell flat for me.

Sage is, at best, annoying. She's a resident, so obviously she's smart, but she definitely doesn't act it. Everything outside of her being a doctor is filled with wishy-washy decisions and constant second guessing. It got really old really quick.

Spence comes across as a huge d-bag. Yeah, he's a surgeon, so I guess that makes him a god, but it wasn't a good form of cockiness. To me, he was arrogant and con
Esther
May 03, 2015 Esther rated it really liked it
I love Melody Anne and enjoy her books. Most of my rating for her are five starts but this one fell a little flat for me this time. I would give it more of 3.5.

We have our heroine who is a dedicated and hard working surgical resident. She has returned to her hometown for an internship and to be close to her grandmother who she believes isn't doing well health wise (but in reality is playing match maker with her friends). And of course her teen crush is also back in town. He's a well known doctor
WTF Are You Reading?

Her Hometown Hero is...in a word...sweet!
From its matchmaking elders and sheltered, naive, heroine; to the strong, caring, and uber persistent doctor determined to win her. This is a story hand crafted to melt reader hearts.

The last thing that surgical resident Sage Banks wants to do is go home to Sterling, Montana to complete her medical training. But when duty, or in this case, her beloved grandmother calls; with news of her (ahem) illness. Sage feels that she has no choice but to return.

What
Irene
Feb 24, 2015 Irene rated it it was ok
Shelves: galley-arc, romance
2 stars

I really wanted to like Her Hometown Hero as the blurb sounded like my kind of book but sadly I was left feeling disappointed and let down.

My main issue was with the main characters, I didn't connect with them at all.
I truly found both Sage and Spence annoying and at times childish.

I also didn't feel the love/attraction between them, to me their relationship came across as fake and forced.
If you (Sage) have to be told over and over again that you're in love with someone and you keep den
For the Love of Books & Alcohol Blog

The premise of this series is flipping adorable. A group of seniors in a small town working furiously to be matchmakers for their favorite young people. These quirky and wise golden agers come together causing mischief and it makes for a great pile of books.

I liked the first book, Her Unexpected Hero. Melody Anne continues the fun and sexiness with Spence and Sage. We got to know Spence in the last book and I was
Pam
Jun 29, 2015 Pam rated it really liked it
This is a very cute, small town romance with charming characters that love to meddle in their children’s love life. We saw these interfering friends in the first book of the series and they are at it again as they manipulate the situations to help our hero and heroine find their true love.

Sage Banks has finished medical school and is looking for a place to do her residency. She planned to find a prestigious hospital away from her hometown but her grandmother Bethel thought differently, so used a
Michelle
Copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

The matchmaking elders of Sterling, Montana are back at it once again and this time they have set their eyes to pair Sage Banks and Spence Whitman. Unbeknownst to Sage, she was tricked and guilt tripped into moving back home to Sterling and take the resident position at her local hospital when her grandmother feigned illness.

#HerHometownHero_MelodyAnne

On her first day back in Sterling, Sage gets into a minor accident and call it luck or fate, she w
Beth
Apr 16, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it
Matchmaking family members connive to get their single loved ones together even if they have to fake an illness to do it. Sage is tricked into returning home to serve her medical residency, when her grandmother pretends not to feel well. Thrusting her in the path of her high school crush, Spencer.

Although Spencer puts his sights on Jade, they definitely have a rocky road to traverse. Spencer might comes to Jade's rescue but he also makes a some major asshat choices that disinclined me to think o
Angie
I received a copy of this story through NetGalley from Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books for an honest review. I've really enjoyed this spin-off series and am looking forward to the next two brother's stories (Camden/Grace is now teed up by the meddling octogenarians). This was a great addition to the collection. Both are doctors and it reminded me of how crazy the length of their schedules are without sleep. I was nearly exhausted by how exhausted Grace (a resident) was. It wasn't insta-love and ...more
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Sage was, in so many ways coaxed by her grandmother to come back to her hometown to do her residency. Since her parents passed away, her grandmother had raised her, hence the obligation to come home. Her decision was sound up until she finds out who her boss will be…her childhood crush. Dr. Spence Whitman is one of the best at what he does and though, it will be tough to work with the man who had rejected and broke her heart, Sage will get through her residency.

Looks like Melody Anne’s spin-off
Chris  Carroll
Usually when you read a series of books you feel you have to start from the first book and that may hold you back from reading them. This is not the case with the books by Melody Anne. She writes her books in a way that you can follow the set up process of the book but each story is a definite stand alone. I like that as you do not feel lost in the storyline.

This story is a typical romance storyline but the difference is that the guy is the smitten one and has to work hard for the girl. It is a
Lindsay
Jun 21, 2015 Lindsay rated it really liked it
Bit expensive, not sure if I want to pay that much for this?????
Ann  Lorz
Jun 07, 2015 Ann Lorz rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reader
This is a enjoyable story. I enjoy the small town feel of it and the wonderful characters. At times it did drag slightly but picked up quickly. A nice summer read.
Elisa Hordon
Jan 28, 2017 Elisa Hordon rated it it was amazing
Another sweet romance from Melody Anne and they never get old or boring each one seems more magical than the next and I love that the Anderson's especially Joseph show up in a small way in so many of Melody Anne's books it adds a funny twist with the older generation matchmaking.

Spence and Sage didn't know what hit them when their families decided to do a little match making.

Spence the wonder Dr is handsome, charismatic and has women everywhere he goes panting after him.
Sage finally finished med
Sheyla ✎
Jun 28, 2015 Sheyla ✎ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sage Banks had a huge crush on Spence Whitman as a young girl. But when she revealed her feelings for him, he dismissed her. Now, she's an adult and a physician who's in the process of choosing a residency program. When her grandmother’s health seems to be declining, she's forced to pick the position at the local hospital in her hometown of Sterling. She realizes to late that Spence works there and he's her new boss.

Spence Whitman is very lucky in the female department. He's smart, rich and hand
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
With one Whitman brother settled, the matchmaking seniors have set their sights on Spence and they have the perfect match for him - Sage Banks. With some creative manipulation, both Spence and Sage end up working at the hospital in Sterling, with Spence as Sage's trainer during her residency. Sage had a major crush on Spence when she was much younger and still bears him a grudge for not returning her feelings, so their relationship is pretty much a tempestuous one from day one.

Spence can barely
Elle Christensen
Jun 18, 2015 Elle Christensen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: might-re-read
This is a really cute series so far. After reading the first book I was excited to read Her Hometown Hero and I loved it even more. Spence and Sage’s story is all kinds of hot, sweet, and fun. The Anderson series was so much fun and this spinoff picks up the reigns. It’s a quick moving story, not too long, and left me with the warm, fuzzy feeling of a great HEA.
Spence is a well-known and talented surgeon, based in Seattle but spending a portion of his time near his father and brothers in Monta
Kellie
Feb 28, 2015 Kellie rated it it was ok
I thought this book was a nice intro/set up for the next book in the series (Cam & Grace). I just could not feel the love these characters were supposed to have and quite frankly I didn't like either of them as individuals most of the time to be honest. Some of their banter was fun and entertaining...but I was more interested in the love triangle that seems to be going on with Martin and his co-conspirators and what was up with Cam and Grace!

***SPOILER ALERT***

When Spence made the bet I thou
Avid
Jun 03, 2015 Avid rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from Goodreads Firstreads program in exchange for an honest review.

This book is second in a the Unexpected Heroes series and that series is a spin off from the Billionaire Bachelors series. I have not read any of these books, yet I was not lost in reading this book and it could be a standalone book.

The hero is Spencer Whitman MD (age 34) and the heroine is Sage Banks MD (age 26). Unknown to them, They are being set up by a senior citizen matchmaking group that incl
Under the Covers Book Blog

Looks like Melody Anne’s spin-off

Danielle
Jun 17, 2015 Danielle rated it really liked it
Not only did I enjoy this book but it had characters that I just adored. Spence starts off as cocky and such a ladies man but I fell in love with him right along with Sage. This book also reminded me of E.R and damn did I love that show with the drama of the ER and the love interest in the hospital. This book kept me interested and I never wanted it to end.

Sage is a resident and is looking for a hospital so when her grandmother suggests she comes home to be closer to her she does. On her way ba
Karen Hulseman
If you are looking for sweet stories with a bit of steam and a definite HEA, Melody Anne's novels are a sure thing for you. Book two of Unexpected Heroes series is more of what you expected from her. Spence and Sage grew up in the same small town where Sage had a school girl crush on our Hero. Fast forward a few years past college and medical school, add in meddling family, and one minor accident, you get your road to romance all paved up.

Both characters were strong headed and not too terribly
Alima Livzletlivz
Jul 26, 2015 Alima Livzletlivz rated it it was amazing
Prince Charming billionaires, sassy princesses, meddling matchmakers encompass the enchanting stories of Melody Anne. Her spinoff stories from her Billionaire Series, the town of Sterling is sizzling with magic and sweet romance.

Sage Banks is back in her hometown for her residency program and be close to her meddling and matchmaking grandmother. And this move also brings her close to Dr. Spence, her one and only love and has been for ages. Spence becomes her ER boss adding more stress to her lib
Carla
Jun 22, 2015 Carla rated it really liked it
*I was given a copy of this book as a gift from Stephanie's Book Reports in exchange for an honest review.

4 stars for Her Hometown Hero by Melody Anne. This is the second book in the Unexpected Heroes series, and it is the story of Spence and Sage.

Sage is just about to start her surgical residency, and she is beyond excited about the number of interviews that she has set up with prestigious hospitals all across the country. However, she soon learns that her grandma is ill (she isn't really sick-
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
'I received a complimentary copy from the author/publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review'

I rated this book as 5+ because this spin-off goes with one of my absolute favorite series from this author. Anything where Joseph Anderson is meddling makes for a great story. Add in all the other meddlers and it makes it even better. I loved the dynamic between the characters. I love the writing style. With each series of this authors she has a different writing style and I can't say t
Diane Sallans
Jun 09, 2015 Diane Sallans rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
this is the first book I've read by Melody Anne and the second in the series. I generally like to read a series from the beginning since the characters often cross over. That doesn't seem to be the case in the first two book in this series - the main two characters from book #1 in the series were only briefly mentioned, but I think the supporting characters (father & grandmother & her friends) were in both stories. And there was a visit with some characters from an earlier series. The tw ...more
Margaret Sholders
Jun 29, 2015 Margaret Sholders rated it it was amazing
All I can say is WOW! I didn't think this was going to be as deep a read as I expected. Melody did a real good story and didn't pull any punches. A word to the reader-take stock in tissues! Sage is a Resident on her way to an interview at the hospital. Her grandmother was not well. Spoiler. She gets the job and then finds out her 1st love will be her Boss. There are sparks. Spoiler. She is lucky to learn from a top surgeon. She has never done anything except read and study to be a great doctor. ...more
Amanda
Mar 29, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
I was a little worried going into this book because of a few reviews but I quickly saw that they held no hold over my feelings about this one.
Spence...Spence in the beginning was a straight up ass...egotistical doesn't even begin to describe him. He felt he could have any woman he wanted no questions asked. Then when he got the girl he treated her horribly all because she was a virgin.
Sage in my opinion had every right to react the way she did...she had been humiliated as a teen by Spence only t
Sandi Ramirez
Jul 06, 2015 Sandi Ramirez rated it it was amazing
This the second book in the Unexpected Heroes series. I love Melody Anne when she is writing series like these when the grandparents get together and match make. Sage has had a crush on Spence since like forever. She is 8 year behind him in school and even told him she loved him when he came home from college. How embarrassing is that. She has gone off to college and has to decide where to go to med school. Her grandma has raised her after her parents and grandfather were killed in a freak car a ...more
  • Always for You: Jack (Sergeant Joe's Boys, #1)
  • The Bouquet List
  • One Night with the Billionaire (Men of the Zodiac, #9)
  • Possession (Sons of Odin MC, #2)
  • A May Bride (A Year of Weddings, #6)
  • His to Protect (Fireside, #2)
  • 30 Nights
  • Baked Fresh (Portland Heat, #2)
  • Tempting the Corporate Spy (Sleeping with the Enemy, #2)
  • Blackmailed By The Hero (Gone Hollywood, #2)
  • Chayot (Secrets and Sins, #4)
  • At His Service (Playboys of Boston, #1)
  • How to Reprimand Your Rock Star (DommeNation, #2)
  • Another 365 Days
  • For Her Spy Only (Masquerading Mistresses, #2)
  • Rooville: A Novel
  • Make Me, Take Me (Hot Nights, #3)
  • Stepbrother's Rules
5192439
Melody Anne is a NYT best selling author of the popular series: Billionaire Bachelors, Surrender, Baby for the Billionaire, Unexpected Hero's, Billionaire Aviators, and some solo titles. I have a Young Adult Series; Rise of the Dark Angel.

As an aspiring author, I wrote for years, then published in 2011, finding my true calling, and a love of writing. Holding a Bachelor's Degree in business, I lov
More about Melody Anne...

Unexpected Heroes (3 books)
  • Her Unexpected Hero (Unexpected Heroes, #1)
  • Her Forever Hero (Unexpected Heroes, #3)