Start by marking “Long Shot (Star Trek: Seekers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Long Shot (Star Trek: Seekers, #3)

Long Shot

(Seekers # 3)

The crew of the Starfleet scout ship Sagittarius follows peculiar sensor readings to an alien world, where the natives’ efforts to harness a dangerous and unstable technology have thrown the laws of probability out of balance. As disasters and miracles multiply at an ever-increasing rate, it’s up to Captain Clark Terrell and his crew to shut down the experiment gone wrong ...more
Published August 2015 by Pocket Books (first published July 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Long Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Shot

Dan
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like so many Star Trek novels, it is a love of the characters that really makes this story shine. David Mack has created a group dynamic that is a hell of a lot of fun to read. Combined with a fun, high-stakes adventure, Long Shot makes for a great read. I'm very interested to see where these characters go in the future, and where certain relationships will end up. Some great character development for the small crew of the Sagittarius gives me a lot of hope for the future of Seekers.

With an alre
Christopher Backa
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The continuing voyages of Scout Ship Sagittarius. I have really enjoyed David Mack's Star Trek books, especially the Vanguard and Seekers series. The story involves a science experiment gone wrong, and a request for help. The story is engaging and there is a lot of character development as we get to learn more about this crew. The book is fast paced and an enjoyable read.
John Yelverton
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, this is a rip roaring science fiction adventure that jumps from one adrenaline pumping scene to the next. My only complaints are the lack of ideological discussions inherent with "Star Trek", and that there are several things which occur in the book simply to make the book longer without really adding anything to it (other than pages that is).
Wilfred
Sep 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Phew! This book was terrible. But I also really really enjoyed it. Given that I picked it up for a quid I the charity shop, not a bad buy.

If you're the kind of star trek fan who enjoys the terrible episodes where you shout at the corny plot and laugh at the wobbly sets, then you'll probably get a kick out of this.
Judith Paterson
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Another Star Trek universe roller coaster ride. THis time set on Sagitarius, in Kirk's, original series, timespan. |Good fast paced read with new characters to follow. Will look forward to Seekers 4
Nicky2910
Star Trek: Seekers: #3 Long Shot by David Mack Yes, I picked up book 3 even though I was more than a little underwhelmed by the first Sagittarius story.

The story itself dragged on a bit too long. It felt more like a SCE-story: alien culture experiments with technology they don't quite understand (either they come up with the theory themselves or get it from alien cultures or find it lying around), it goes boom and Starfleet miracle workers have to resuce everyone. There were funny little tidbit
Bjoern
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Paul Lunger
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'll admit to having been a bit skeptical going into the 3rd novel in the new "Star Trek: Seekers" series, but David Mack does a decent job of redeeming himself & this series w/ "Long Shot" as this series finally shows the potential that it has w/ it being a spinoff of Vanguard. In this installment the Sagittarius responds to a cry for help around the world Anura who is undergoing a massive change in luck due to a field test of a dark energy device that has caused the odds of probability to ...more
Joe Pranaitis
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Star Trek: Seekers #3 Long Shot takes us on an adventure to a pre-warp civilization that for a test us trying to use Dark Matter to rush an FTL drive into being but backfires since the experiment then turns the technology into an improbability generator that threatens to destroy the planet Anura. Luckily the starship Sagittarius was able to pick up the subspace distortions from a near by star system and Captain Terrell and his crew came to their aid and stopped the improbability generator from d ...more
David Hayes
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Library book
Jimyanni
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek
Enjoyable and well-written, if a bit predictable in the way problems resisted solution until there had been close to 300 pages of story.
Charles
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Took a little to get up to speed and realize we had moved on to another adventure. Once that settles in the pace is great and enjoyed all the way through. Looking forward to the next in the series.
gary simpson
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Good story . Interesting kept me guessing how it was going to turn out . Would have been nice to see the enterprise come to the rescue though .
Henry
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
David Mack keeps up the good work

Good book love the continuity I think the native populations planet and technology had too many similarities to earth overall very good!
Aron
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: asap, st-vanguard
Not bad at all, but for some reason I just didn't get into it as much as I usually do Mack's ST novels. I just don't like the crew that much.
Michael
Jun 13, 2016
Benjamin Plume
Nov 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • All That's Left (Star Trek: Seekers, #4)
  • Uncertain Logic (Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #3)
  • Foul Deeds Will Rise
  • The Shocks of Adversity
  • The Poisoned Chalice (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Crisis of Consciousness
  • Allegiance in Exile
  • The Crimson Shadow (Star Trek: Typhon Pact)
  • The Light Fantastic (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
David Mack is the New York Times bestselling author of more than thirty novels of science-fiction, fantasy, and adventure, including the Star Trek Destiny and Cold Equations trilogies.

Beyond novels, Mack's writing credits span several media, including television (for produced episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), film, and comic books.

Follow him on Twitter @davidalanmack or join his fans on Fac

Seekers (4 books)
  • Second Nature (Star Trek: Seekers, #1)
  • Point of Divergence (Star Trek: Seekers, #2)
  • All That's Left (Star Trek: Seekers, #4)