Start by marking “Just One Lie” as Want to Read:
Just One Lie

Just One Lie

(Just One Night #2)

In the instant international sensation Just One Night, sensible Kasie Fitzgerald unleashed her passions—and found herself—through an explosive affair. In Just One Lie, we meet Kasie’s wild and tortured sister, whose impulsivity and lack of self-control has set off a chain of events that changes her family forever.

Melody Fitzgerald is the opposite of the “perfect” daughter.
Published July 28th 2015 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Just One Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Lie

Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4 Over the Years Stars

Just One Lie is a standalone and is part of the Just One Night series.

Just One Night #1, is Kasie and Robert’s story, originally it was a trilogy and now is one full length novel. Just One Lie #2 is Kasie sister’s story and Just One More #3, continues Kasie and Robert’s story.

I didn’t read the first book in the series, but I completely understood Just One Lie, in fact, I kind of want to read Just One Night now because I’m a fan of Kyra Davis. I went into Just One Lie blindl
Beverly
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just One Lie is the second book in the Just One Night Series, but since the stories focus on different people/couples it can be read as a standalone. I read Just One Lie as a standalone and was able to enjoy and understand everything. Although, now I definitely want to read Kasie and Robert’s story now!

The story begins in 1999, minutes before Y2K to be exact and I was immediately hooked. Mercy is the lead singer in a band and is performing that night when she sees Ash again, her ex. Ash is an up
Danni
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So with this one we get Mercy's story and I was all with it until I wasn't. Just felt like there was something missing. It was that her story wasn't sad I just couldn't feel it. I also didn't understand the Ash situation sorry but it was lost on me. What I disliked the most was the last chapters. It felt so rushed and it was a situation that needed more time. I really would like just one more from Robert and Kassie. I still wonder where life will lead them.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

4 You have to love yourself first stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Gallery Books via NetGalley

Thankfully I just read Just Once More, which helped set the stage for this book as it has been quite awhile since I read Just One Night.  In this book we get find out the real story behind Kasie's sister Melody who has now become Mercy.

Gah! Poor Mercy.  What is done to us as a child can alter how we develop and for Mercy this is the catalyst for a long winding road of destruct
Jillian Stein
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just One Lie is the second book in author Kyra Davis’ Just One Night Series and even though I own the first in the series, Just One Night, this is the first of Kyra’s work that I’ve read. Which looking at it now is absolutely NUTS because I loved this book. Beyond loved.

First I want to mention that this can be read as a standalone, as I can attest to, and you won’t be lost or miss out on anything. Ok…now onto a hopefully not rambling review as you may know I tend to do when I love a book this mu
Blushing Reader
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books-read
Mercy won me over and probably stole the spotlight of this series. 4.5 stars!

Wow! This book was not what I was expecting! After reading Just One Night and Just Once More, I was expecting Just One Lie to tie into these previous books and pick up where Mercy left us all with out mouths hanging open. However, clever Kyra Davis did something different. Just One Lie is Mercy's story, a tragically beautiful story about Mercy's journey in discovering who she really is and how finding love isn't an eas
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
There are some writers that just impress the heck out of me with their depth and writing skills. Kyra Davis is one of them. From the very first book I read of her's, which happened to be Just One Night, the prequel to this one, I was hooked on her writing.

I am usually not at a loss for words but with this book review, I have so many emotions rolling around, it will be hard to put them all together. Let's see if I can do justice to a book that is flat out amazing.

The author is so skilled at writi
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

I am falling in love with Krya Davis! I can't put her books down until I am done with them. Just one Lie is a great read. Melody aka Mercy is a rebel with a cause. I felt her love, regret, confusion, stubbornness and her pain. My emotions were up and down feeling angry and heart broken for Melody because of all the things she had been through with her family. She had tough things to deal with and she was strong and fought through it all.

Th
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"You're the woman who is a complete mess and yet in some ways is more together than anyone else I've ever met."

Just One Lie is a story about a broken woman who was broken as a girl. Broken by a family who shunned her and is riddled with deceit. It's an emotional tale about depression and how it can take over. It's about how darkness and angst can lead to simplistic beauty. Piece by piece, we watch broken being put back together.

Kyra Davis has an uncanny way of writing with an omniscient voice. S
Beatriz Perez
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved this one!!

What a beautiful, heartbreaking story!! I couldn't put this book down. ALL THE FEELS!! Every twist, every secret, every heartbreak, every single thing in this book, I felt!!

The author did an incredible job with this one. Amazing writing, story and characters. I loved and hated seeing everything Melody went through. Her life was pretty much a roller coaster ride. And I enjoyed every single turn in it!!

I can't say a lot without giving the story away, but trust me, y
Talk Supe
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Powerful. Only the heartless and numb will find this one unaffecting.
Tonyalee
See this review and more on my blog, After Hours at Lilybloombooks

TWITTER GIVEAWAY!! Ends 7/31

Heading into a companion novel is always scary and nerve-racking. You never know if there is something that you'll miss, or be uninformed about, and there could potentially be holes a mile wide with nothing to fill them.

Fortunately, Just One Lie didn't have many holes and I am glad I made the decision to read this one. It's an emotional ride.

While Just One Lie is a romance, it's also a journey. It's
Candace
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just One Lie, by Kyra Davis, is the follow-up story to her New York Times Best Selling book Just One Night. Just One Lie is definitely a stand-alone book, as it is the first book I have read of Davis’. However, after reading it I will definitely be reading Just One Night this summer!

Just One Lie centers on Mercy/Melody, a troubled singer in an independent rock band. Melody is a loner who has done it all. Her life has literally been drugs, sex, and rock and roll. However, things changed for her m
Sakura
Mercy, previously known as Melody, is a hot mess. She’s never truly come to terms with her tragic past. Her family erased her from existence and the one man she felt a connection to left after one night and never saw him again. On the outside, Mercy seems like she has control of her life. Of course when compared to the old version of herself, she has improved a great deal. However, there’s a lot of darkness still mingling inside her that needs to be dealt with.
When Ash, Mercy’s one night stand,
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was so great! An emotional and angsty story filled with self discovery, love, and acceptance.

I really liked Mercy. She was complicated and chaotic but also caring and good. By the end, I was loving her. Reading this I felt like I really experienced her personal journey over the span of times. Sometimes it was edgy and dark, other times it was light and filled with hope.

She had these complicated relationships with two different men, each fulfilling a specific need within her it seemed. I th
Bella
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this is the first Kyra Davis book I read and really enjoyed it! It was filled with everything I was looking for in a book; love, heartache, life, emotions and so much more! I will for sure be reading more form Kyra and can't wait for the next in this series!

Falling Mercy on her journey in life to find herself and her way in life was fun! She encounters the past and has to figure out what she wants most in the future. Ash was her past her present the one thing she went to, to make herself f
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
There is a small piece of my heart that now resides in the hands of Kyra Davis. She took it the moment I met Mercy Raye in her latest novel Just One Lie. I know it sounds funny that I lost myself over the heroine and not the uber hot males that Kyra wrote so well and that I ultimately crave in a story, but I fell for Mercy’s tortured soul hard and fast. There was something about her shear strength woven into all of her inner demons that drew me to her. Just One Lie is Mercy’s story and it was to ...more
Naomi
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

Just One Lie took me on an emotional ride, unlike any book I’ve read before. This story followed Mercy, as she struggled to find her place in a world where she felt unloved, she experienced heartbreaking loss and really didn’t know who she was. It was a beautiful read that made me smile, made me sad and occasionally brought on tears.

Mercy was a troubled child; she rebelled a lot, took drugs, drank alcohol and was basically tossed out of home. Each detail I
Susi
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just One Lie is the third book in the series that started with Just One Night.

I’d like to start my review with this, Kyra is an amazing writer. Her stories are brilliant. She finds a way to make the reader think about life. At least for me, I found myself thinking about decisions that people make and why they make them. Her characters are unique and that is one of the reasons I enjoy reading her books. Mercy, Ash and Brad were different and special for different reasons. Honestly, I didn’t expec
Katrina
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just one lie is a wonderfully delivered heartbreaking, but beautifully written story. Its filled with twists and turns, secrets within, many heartbreaks, and an emotional roller coaster. Love on all levels and new friendships.

Just One Lie is Mercy's story, a tragic story about Mercy's journey in discovering who she really is, how life and love is a learning curve and how hard love is.

Mercy is a free spirit, the black sheep of the family the daredevil who dares to defy everything .

Kyra Davis d
The Geekery Book Review

Every time I tried to sit down and read Just One Lie, something would come up, and I would have to put it down. For like two weeks this happened. If I had only know how phenomenal this book was, I would have let NOTHING stand in my way! This is my first Kyra Davis book, and I am seriously jealous of people who have read words written by her before. I am a true fan.

For me, this book is all about Mercy. The other characters are great, and complex, and totally needed, but Mercy is the one that shi
Lora Borzelleca
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH did I love this book....so much angst. When I first started reading and found out this was a love triangle, I wanted to cry...I FUCKING HATE LOVE TRIANGLES. But....with how Mercy had to grow and mature, I understand why she had to be in a love triangle. Ash made her realize she was destined to be a better person then who she was. Brad...ohhhhhh Brad. I was in love with that man from the beginning. I liked how he had to grow and mature as well. That both of the ...more
Nerdy Chic
Just One Lie is book two in the Just One Night series and starts off with a bang. This is the story of Melody Fitzgerald, who now goes by the name of Mercy. She is Kasie’s older sister from the first two books and who Kasie believes to be dead. Her parents apparently kicked her out of their home and had her declared dead, telling Kasie that she died of a drug overdose. Parents of the year award is obviously not going to them.

This book takes you on Melody’s journey beginning December 31st 1999 a
Michele
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Kyra Davis does such an amazing job of writing this story! She pulls you into the characters world starting on page one, she has you crying and beaming in joy with the characters. Kyra gives you all the feels you expect in a story of a woman trying to find her way.

Just one Lie is the story of Melody/Mercy. A woman who was shunned by those she loves and is trying to pick up the pieces to find herself again. Melody has a long road ahead of her and some harsh realities to face on her journey. Howe
Jenny
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a character study of Mercy/Melody, this book is beautiful. I really appreciated the complexity of her evolution from wounded soul to healthy woman. And though I usually avoid love triangles, the shifting love interests make sense here in connection to her emotional development. But I have a pet peeve in romance novels when lovers spend more time apart then together, especially when there are YEARS in between. It leaves me frustrated. So that prevented me from loving this book. That said, the ...more
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Just One Lie" is the complex story of Mercy/Melody who happens to be the wayward sister of Kasie Fitzgerald, for the fans who enjoyed "Just One Night." Mercy/Melody life has many highs and lows as the reader gets pulled in her world and why she was diffcult to understood or even love by those who were important to her to her conservative parents' and the two sexy men Mercy/Melody could not help but love! No give aways here....
Jessy (Jessy's Book Club)
FAVORITE BOOK OF THE YEAR!! Review to come closer to release date :)
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
*4.5 Stars*

After reading Just Once More back in May, I was eager to read Just One Lie so I was more the thrilled when it won the vote. ;) Getting Kasie's sister's story - the sister behind so much that shaped Kasie's life - well, I was anxious to get to know Melody. And Melody's story - Mercy, as she's come to be known - I don't know but I think I found it even more compelling than Kasie's. That either of the Fitzgerald girls became productive human beings after growing up with the parents they
Joyon Richardson
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have not read the first book yet but this book for me was a little slow in the start but it didn't take me long to get into it. Mercy is seriously messed up and like everyone is looking for someone so that she can stop feeling alone. The situation with Ash was two people who have issues recognizing it in each other but not initially seeing it for what it was because they both filled holes in each other at the time they meet. The end didn't feel rushed to me but a culmination of where the book ...more
Linda
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a story! Just One Lie by Kyra Davis is the story of twenty-something Melody Fitzgerald. She is depressed and trying hard not to self destruct from legal and illegal substances. After an unhealthy childhood, she struggles to survive on her own as a singer in an indie rock band in Los Angeles. Her story spans several years beginning on 12/31/99, and includes different boyfriends and different band mates. This book is the second book in the Just One Night series. I didn't read the first bo ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bargain Basement: (1) Copy of Just One Lie 1 7 Aug 11, 2015 09:25AM
Blogger Lift: [Ends Aug 6th] Just One Lie by Kyra Davis 3 16 Jul 31, 2015 01:22PM

• Open All Night (The Fetish Box, #1)
  • Dressed in White
  • Your Exception
  • Who We Were
  • If I Can't Have You
  • Finding Mr. Darcy: High School Edition
  • My First, My Last
  • New Point (Point, #1)
  • To Love and Obey (D'Amato Brothers #2)
  • When Love Happens (Ribbon Ridge, #3)
  • Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • The Satyr's Curse (The Satyr's Curse #1)
  • Between Everything and Us (Sutton College, #1)
  • Craving (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #4)
  • Golden
  • Winter Sparrow
  • Sin (Devil's Den, #3)
  • Three Days of Rain
New York Times bestselling author of JUST ONE NIGHT, DECEPTIVE INNOCENCE, the Sophie Katz mysteries, SO MUCH FOR MY HAPPY ENDING and the upcoming DANGEROUS ALLIANCE, JUST ONCE MORE and JUST ONE LIE (July 28th, 2015).

Just One Night (3 books)
  • Just One Night (Just One Night, #1)
  • Just Once More (Just One Night, #1.5)