Start by marking “Atonement (Star Trek: Voyager)” as Want to Read:
Atonement (Star Trek: Voyager)

Atonement

(Star Trek: Voyager)

Admiral Kathryn Janeway faces a tribunal determined to execute her for supposed crimes committed during Voyager’s maiden trek through the Delta Quadrant. Captain Chakotay knows that the Kinara, several species now allied against the Full Circle fleet, are not all they appear to be. The Confederacy of the Worlds of the First Quadrant—a pact he cannot trust—is his only hope ...more
Published August 25th 2015 by Pocket Books/Star Trek

To ask other readers questions about Atonement, please sign up.
Yrag Notsew Good question! I felt the same way!
If you hang in there, the prologue will make sense, but ....!

Gary
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very well done concluded so many points that was left from the last book 4 out of 5 stars
Daniel Kukwa
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek
I was very much looking forward to this...but, like the conclusion to "The Fall", this segment of the Voyager saga doesn't quite live up to the previous installments. First of all, I found the resolution to the Kinara alliance tribunal rather perfunctory. My second issue: after a fantastic exploration of Confederacy society in the previous novel, the sudden switch to their relgion -- intermixed with the conclusion to a hologram arc that seems past its expiration date -- wasn't what I'd call comp ...more
Eric Cone
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion was everything I'd hoped for, and more. Kirsten Beyer is to be commended on a job well done. ATONEMENT is her best, yet.
Mary Ellen Grace
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beyer balances the telling of so many characters' stories effortlessly and in so doing makes it hard to put down! I stayed up until 3 to finish the ...more
Dan
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I came away from Atonement immensely satisfied with the way the story has been concluded. Nobody writes these characters better than Kirsten Beyer, and in this novel we even got the treat of a couple of scenes featuring Elim Garak, one of my favorite Trek characters of all time! Also, because Voyager is currently set a little earlier than the rest of the 24th century novelverse, we got a number of scenes with another favorite: Federation President Nan Bacco, which was a very pleasant surprise!

In
Yahuhanan (יהוחנן) Yukia (雪亮)
An epic conclusion to the Full Circle Fleet's "first chapter" in the Delta quadrant. The wait was worth it as in this novel, we get to see the ideals, ethics, beliefs, morals, and strength of each character, race, and galactic nation put into the fire.

Every turn of the page, there was a surprise. A new perspective. Characters you probably would have a hated, you'll love, and then hate again and later agree with. Or get to see what the Federation truly stands for and how that loyalty to the value
LeeAnn
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Add a Half Star

4.5 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed Atonement -- all three stories in one. Janeway and Chakotay are wrangling with a diplomatic quandary; Seven and Co. are working to uncover the mysteries surrounding the catomic plague; and Barclay, as usual, is up to his elbows in holographic mayhem. That I was able to keep them all straight is a nod to Beyer's deft writing. That, as the stories build, they become more and more interwoven is another nod. Atonement wraps up (or at least it appears th
Aron
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: st-voyager
Wow! Highly entertaining from cover to cover. Brought all the plot lines to a satisfying conclusion. Kristen Beyer is consistently excellent,...I'm looking forward to her next installment, due out early next year with great anticipation.
Jason
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great read cover to cover bringing and excellent ending to this story arc
Steve Roberts
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another fantastic instalment of this series

The biggest problem I have is that I keep needing to put this book down to work!

Such a great story and another must read as this series continues. It great how the stories from previous books are all coming together so neatly like it was all planned from the start.

I also loved the appearance from a DS9 character later in the book but I won't give any spoilers.
Erica
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
But as long as we're here, this has to be the only moment that matters. Living for that future will damn us as surely as retreating into our past.

Where do I even begin, I thought, at the prospect of writing this review. A little Janeway wisdom seemed as good a place as any. Especially since this particular piece of Janeway wisdom resonates with me almost as much as a quote from Chakotay in The Eternal Tide did. A quote which is now on the cover of my calendar for this year. I think you get the p
Paul Lunger
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With "Atonement", Kirsten Beyer continues her time as the face of the Star Trek: Voyager novels & wraps up a number of recent story lines as well as opening up the possibility of something new coming down the pipe. As has been the case w/ several of the recent novels, the book deals w/ a split set of stories focused in the Delta Quadrant with the Full Circle fleet & in the Alpha Quadrant w/ Tom Paris, Seven, the Wildmans & Icheb rounding up their story. W/ the Delta Quadrant, it begi ...more
Peter
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
As with any Star Trek Voyager book, I loved it. I grew up with Voyager so it's the one series that is near and dear to my heart. Captain Janeway was my captain and I told Kate Mulgrew as much when I met her last year. But I digress. 7 years of Voyager was not enough so I've been thoroughly enjoying the relaunch novels since they've started and Kirsten Beyer has been doing a great job with them since taking the mantle from Christie Golden. Currently, Voyager is part of the Full Circle fleet which ...more
Sharon
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Atonement is the final book in the story arc that began in the Protectors. The various plot points are wrapped up, even one that goes back to the book Full Circle.

An odd alliance of old enemies threatens The Full Circle Fleet and the Confederacy of the First Quadrant. Seven and Paris are back on earth embroiled in a plot of political intrigue. Many times shifting settings can be a problem but Beyers has managed to weave them together in a plausible way.

Atonement is the theme as we see individu
Lizzie
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek
Atonement brings to conclusion the story arcs in Protectors and Acts of Contrition. The Full Circle books are definitely worth reading although I wish I had just waited until I had all three to read together. It took me a few chapters to remember what was going on, but the story lines of our favorite characters, Tom, Seven, Cpt. Janeway, and the Doctor, along with the new characters and new lifeforms we have met in this universe are resolved with interesting developments and ongoing commitment t ...more
Bree
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this wrap up of Beyer's latest Voyager relaunch trilogy. She has the characters that we loved on the show down. I always look forward to her books and will be counting down for Pocket of Lies in early 2016. Beyer is hands down my favorite Trek pocketbook author, with Christie Golden in second. I really enjoyed Atonement immensely.
Debra Cook
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Janeway is put on trial for past actions in the Delta Quadrant but is there another force causing this trial to take place. Meanwhile on Earth, Seven is trying to help stop a plague from happening. Can her and her friends stop it?
Crystal Bensley
May 29, 2015 rated it liked it
As with the previous book I really enjoyed the Alpha Quadrant stuff and found the Delta Quadrant stuff average. Still an enjoyable novel.
Isela
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek-read
A very well done ending for this section of the series. I am eagerly awaiting more from this author.
Karlen
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.
Adam Niederhaus
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding!

The best wrap up of this series and a thoroughly enjoyable book overall. Typically well written and no less than fans of Beyer have come to expect.
Leichelle
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read that wrapped up nicely after keeping me guessing and on the edge of my seat in some places. Looking forward to the next installment in 2016!
Nicky2910
Star Trek: Voyager: Atonement by Kirsten Beyer To be honest, the only reason I even picked this book up was because I'm a completist - I can't leave a series uncompleted. So, was it worth the effort? Yes and no.

I think the Voyager relaunch has been flaundering since Janeway's return - which changed the dynamics on Voyager back to what they had been in the series. That's a shame. I don't need a self-doubting Chakotay who will always look towards Janeway to make the difficult decisions. And I cer
Emma
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
Gabrielle
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Yrag Notsew
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A very poor beginning. Whoever taught Kirsten B to write? I thought you were meant to hook your reader's interest? This book begins with a "Historian's Note" that plops us into the middle of a complex situation without much explanation. No "move from the known to the unknown" here! The next page: "Prologue", only gets worse! It's confusing.
Eventually, if the reader perseveres(!) we get to understand.
There is action. There are difficult decisions. There is character development. There is dialogu
Kay Hudson
Closes up the trilogy that began with Protectors and continued with Acts of Contrition. The sub-plot involving Seven got a bit confusing, but everything settled down in the end. It was fun to see Sam Wildman again, a well as Naomi and Sam's Ktarian husband Gres. Even Garak shows up briefly as the Cardassian Ambassador to the Federation. (Characters like that popping up are among the reasons I enjoy this series.)
Nicolas
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek
I was really interested in the arc with Tom Paris, Seven and Wildmans trying to uncover a conspiracy at Starfleet Medical. I also was pretty in to the bits with Cambridge, the Doctor and Barlcay trying to solve the mystery of the Doctor's flawed programming. Meanwhile, Janeway and the rest of the Voyager gang are stuck in some lame episode of Babylon 5.
I appreciate the attempt to believably keep the Voyager crew working together a group, but I think it just gets too convoluted. I preferred the
Steve
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this incredibly difficult to put down, even when my brain was still furiously trying to swap back in details of the last novel, and the overarching storyline that has been going on, in my opinion, for far too long. It was lovely to get some answers interspersed with some action and plot twists. The climax was all I hoped and more, and answered all my questions, bar one. The extended resolution was entirely rather brilliant.
Fate's Lady
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
The Alpha quadrant storyline here was intriguing and the separate threads all interconnected nicely. On the other hand, the Confederacy story sort of plodded along for me, and I cringed to see the forced romance between Chakotay and Janeway. The author struggles to write convincing romance, and the chemistry is awful. I think Cambridge remains my favorite in this run.

It was overall an okay book, and I'm still enjoying revisiting my old favorite show.
  • Takedown (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Spirit Walk (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #1)
  • A Ceremony of Losses (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • The Poisoned Chalice (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Forgotten History (Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations, #2)
  • The Crimson Shadow (Star Trek: Typhon Pact)
  • Plagues of Night (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #6)
  • Distant Shores
  • Armageddon's Arrow (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • The Light Fantastic (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Star Trek: Voyager (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Caretaker (Star Trek Voyager, #1)
  • The Escape (Star Trek Voyager, #2)
  • Ragnarok (Star Trek Voyager, #3)
  • Violations
  • Incident at Arbuk (Star Trek: Voyager, #5)
  • The Murdered Sun
  • Ghost of a Chance (Star Trek: Voyager, #7)
  • Cybersong (Star Trek Voyager, #8)
  • The Final Fury (Star Trek Voyager, #9; Invasion, #4)
  • Bless the Beasts (Star Trek Voyager, #10)
“Knowledge does not come through force. it can not be taken, it can only be freely received.” 1 likes
“Balancing security against the values we hold dear requires commitment.” 1 likes