Start by marking “Exposed: Laid Bare (Laid Bare #1)” as Want to Read:
Exposed: Laid Bare (Laid Bare #1)

Exposed: Laid Bare (Laid Bare #1)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  171 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
A sexy novella where things are not always as they appear. Enter the Laid Bare world only if you dare.

There’s something about Lucien Chambers. Something beyond his amazing success, his good looks, and his uncanny ability to turn everything he touches to gold.

In the eyes of the world, Lucien is a sexy and savvy business man. But when a naïve photographer, Dahlia Vaughn, is
Published April 5th 2015 by S.R. Grey Publications

To ask other readers questions about Exposed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exposed

S.R. Grey
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: steamy, novella
It's LIVE!!!!

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1xWW2w0

And book 2, Unveiled: Laid Bare, is out now:

Unveiled: Laid Bare #2: Only 99 cents!

AMAZON (US): http://amzn.to/1BTRnNH

Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1FF9W36

iTunes: http://apple.co/1TREXf1

Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...

TEASER:

photo ExposedTEASER_zps9c475482.jpg

BLURB:

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4 Magical Stars!
Short, Sexy and Seductive! I Want More...

The Review:
This quick-read novella was just what I was looking for! Exposed: Laid Bare was an exciting, short read that both thrilled me and had me wanting more with it’s interesting characters, steamy scenes and paranormal feel.

Dahlia Vaughn is twenty-six and is an award winning photographer slated to photograph the e
♥Trish♥
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-battle
I freaking loved this novella. Lucian is so hot. Some sort of otherworldly man....we just don't have the details yet. So sexy. Can't wait to find out more about him....I can't imagine what he is.

Poor Dahlia Vaughn, the photog that's captured by Lucian's spell and taken on the sexual adventure of her life.

I need more....Now.
Nikki Reeves
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say this first… I NEED MORE LIKE RIGHT NOW!!! Normally I do not read anything paranormal but after reading the blurb I had to take a chance. I am SO happy I did. Words cannot describe the questions rolling through my head as I was reading this.

First off WHO and or WHAT is Lucien? I mean of course his name alone makes me think one thing but then again the blurb says things are not what they appear. Could I be wrong in what I am thinking? Is this sexy business everything he appears to
Helen Barnes
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hell, where to start with Lucien & Dahlia. I don't know what Lucien is, but, damn, point me in the direction of finding one of his kind. This is something totally new from S.R Grey. I loved Adam Ward, Farren Shaw & swoon just thinking about Chase Gartner but the sex in this is just.., amazing! I love the intrigue of this novella & it has definitely left me wanting.. No, needing, more. Loved this story from page 1 to the end. Cannot wait for more from this steaming hot couple!
Léatitia Brière
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
(From my blog : http://mybookshelfisyours.over-blog.c... )

I really loved this novella and here is what you need to know :

I found the blurb really attracting (oh just like Lucien Chambers : not a coincidence !) and was obviously dying to read this novella. Just like the three I read before (see my reviews), I enjoyed very much my read. It was a fast reading, compelling and... kind of unsatisfying but in the best way ! Sometimes, a book needs to leave you such a great impression so you want more
Paranormal Books R Us
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Soooooo hot! It doesn't have to be a long book to completely suck me in and this one certainly did. Lucian is rich, sexy, mysterious, and as Dahlia is soon to find out he is much more than he passes himself off to be.

As long time lover of paranormal books I was absolutely blown away by S.R Grey's first dabble in paranormal romance! It is definitely a bit dark and Lucian is one baaaad boy (in the best sort of way) leaving me very much in need of a cold shower by the time I was done reading. And a
Gloria
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As always S. R. Grey has another hit on her hands. I loved this so so much, I hated to see it end. I can't wait for the next one. The author has a way of pulling you into her books and making you fall in love with her characters. Lucien is delightfully wonderful and Sexy as sin on a stick.
Esther
I found this to have a shallow plot and the main hero and heroine had no character depth as well. It was robotic and I could barley finish it with NO desire to continue the series.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow! This book is nothing like what I expected. That being said, I couldn’t put it down. It was addictive and intriguing.
We meet Dahlia, a 26 year old photographer, who is super picky and quirky. Oh, and a virgin.

She is entranced by a man, Lucien, when she goes to photograph him. It doesn’t take her long to realize he isn’t an ordi
Amanda
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
What are you doing to me S. R. Grey?!?!?!?!
I have been staying away from Paranormal because I got so burned out on it...but this had just enough where it wasn't completely overpowering but it left me not just needing to read more but wanting to read more.
With that being said...Lucian...he is a mystery, and we are never answered the one question we long to know, "What is he?". Now I have my theories but I'm keeping those to myself for now...but I do have thoughts as to what he may be or not be.

T
Patti
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this story, I want more and can hardly wait to see what happens in part two. Interesting story line, great chemistry fun reading, addictive, highly recommend this
Loved this book and as always S. R. Grey doesn't disappoint with her writing. This is such a different book and I want more. So much you want to find out and more to explore that you want to have S.R. to be having coffee with you so you find out whats next. Put this book on your TBR list and you won't be disappoin
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Very intriguing... I don't know how I felt reading this story but very confused... I hope there's more.
I'm not one to read Paranormal, I usually don't like it, but this story isn't a normal Paranormal story... it doesn't looks like it at all until you get to understand that something isn't right.
This is a very hot, short story, extremely erotic, very descriptive... I almost hated Lucian, almost!
Cant wait to read more!!
Crystal
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novella. It was an interesting story that combined mystery and romance and some steamy sex. It follows Dahlia, a photographer and Lucien, the man that she is hired to photograph. She knows from the moment she meets him he is no ordinary man. She just can't quite figure out what he is. She knows that she needs him in her life, but will he let her in?

I hope there will be more to come with this couple. It is a quick read and I definitely recommend this novella.
Zelda
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved!

Review to come
Sandra92
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Very hot and something different from an author I always enjoy. I need more! More Lucien, specifically.
Emily Maynard
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

First off, many thanks to S.R. Grey and Give Me Books, who provided a free copy of Exposed in exchange for a honest review.

I freaking loved this novella. It is so much more than it seems on the surface. I went into it not knowing that there was a paranormal element to it. I had only seen the teaser picture, and it was pretty enough, and interesting enough, to warrant a request. So, props to whoever created the teaser pic, that was great work. I love the tone of this story - it’s opulen
Melissa Mendoza
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

“I stared into his eyes. So mesmerizing, I’d never felt as sexy as I did in that moment. I also never felt as turned on.”

5 stars, let me just say that Paranormal books are not my things, but I looooooved this book!! This book may have taken me to the dark side….haha. Great, great book!!

There’s something about Lucien Chambers. Something beyond hi
Books Laid Bare
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the market of a short, sharp, steamy read…well look no further this might be just what you’re looking for.
Exposed: Laid Bare is all those things and more and will leave you with a book hangover, desperately hunting out the next in the series.
Dahlia may be in her mid-twenties but this shy photographer isn’t used to being in the spotlight to being anyone’s centre of attention for that matter. She likes her life behind the lens.
But tasked with taking photos of the reclusive Lucien Chambers she w
Sharon Xuereb
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Copy provided by the author in return for an honest review*

This steamy novella will have you spellbound from the very first page.

It's a different read from SR Grey's usual work as she ventures into the paranormal genre. She has created a character i Lucien wh o you will like to loathe, be suspicious of and find very creepy all at once. He is a complete mystery but I found myself wanting to know more about him. The author has given us enough to whet our appetites for Lucien and to leave us wanti
Bianca
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

I seriously had no idea what to expect with this novella. I am a HUGE supporter of this author as she is amazing with her words. But a novella? Usually I am not a fan of them. I always want more. Paranormal? Hmmm. Not my usual, but....I am SO glad I decided to read this. It was mysterious and interesting and I am super excited about what’s to come.

So Lucien Chambers. There’s something sexy and mysterious about him.Dahlia Vaughn is
Tonya
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review from Abibliophobia Anonymous Book Reviews

This is the first book by S.R. Grey that I have read. I will definitely be reading more of her books soon! This is a great quick, short, unpredictable, mysterious read, that will leave you wondering what is going on and what will happen next. It will also leave you wanting more.

Dahlia is an amazing photographer and she has been hired to do a photoshoot of Chicago's most eligible bachelor, Lucien Chambers. She is excited about it, no one gets to ph
Carol
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Big 4 1/2 stars!

I thought it was a great book! I loved that it took the normal and added a little twist. The only thing I truly hate was that it was so short; my mouth had just started to water! Now, I'm a little angsty waiting for the next book.

I wasn't originally expecting it to be a paranormal, and haven't read them in years. Lucien Chambers is sexy, enigmatic and compelling. Dahlia is a photographer of the highest "good
Tiffany
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Behalf of Give Me Books

We meet Dahlia, a 26 year old photographer, who is super picky and quirky. Oh and a virgin. “I sure hoped that that something – or someone – happened soon. Mostly because being a virgin at the age of twenty-six was beginning to feel downright embarrassing.” She is entranced by a man, Lucien, when she goes to photograph him. It doesn’t take h
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
This book is hard to 'shelve' on the one hard it's a rich billionaire meets cool, calm and innocent girl and the other hand it's rich billionaire with spidey senses meets naive, pliable and accomadating innocent girl.

Either way, I enjoyed this read, I now take heed of the 'Nothing is as it seems' lol. I was a little shocked at first, yeah yeah, I'd gone in blind, I love giving myself no idea of what's to come. And after the initial shock I was ok, cool, this is a little wicked spin on a billiona
Tina Lee Harris
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This is the first book in this new series by Author SR Grey. There is no way you will not get wrapped up in this read. The words will cast a spell on you until the very last page then leave you wanting more. Come let this novella draw you into the world of Lucien Chambers and Dahlia Vaughn. What is going to happen to Dahlia? Will she be able to uncover the secrets of Lucien? Is he really a man or something else?

Lucien Chambers is sexy and the way he is able to bring out the passionate si
Melissa
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Read! 5 Steamy Stars!
I am a lover of all things paranormal, it is my absolute favorite genre. Wow! Kudos S. Grey! She had taken this to another level entirely. I was ducked right into this book, thankful it's s nice quick read, otherwise who knows how long I would have been checked out with my nose in the book because I know I couldn't put it down! (Too quick I need the next one now!) I adore Lucian, he is something else. Literally. I keep trying to guess, and I hope I'm right, how awesom
Le Ann Foster
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Hooked on Books

I gave this book 4 stars!!!

First off I must say Ms. Grey has popped my parnormal cherry!!!! I didn't love or hate this book, it was different for me since it was my first. I find that it was well written, had a a mystery around the storyline that kept me wanting more. I even had started to fall in love with the characters. With this being said I would recommend it to others who haven't read parnormal before.

Lucien is the most elegable bachalor but there just something
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Talk about hooked! I am the fish at the end of the line hanging in there. This novella is the "appetizer" that will entice you into trying to find out more about Lucien.

There have been book boyfriends in the past who are full of mystery, HOT-ness, and allure. Lucien tops them all. When Dahlia first meets him in person her reaction is immediate. There is something beyond reason, that drives her toward him. Being 26 years old and a virgin, she has resisted men all her life while waiting of "the on
Hooked On Books
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short novella series and this is the 1st part. Dahlia is a 26 year old photographer and she has no experience with men. She is hired to photograph the hot, rich, handsome and mysterious Lucien Chambers. The instant chemistry and connection between them really can be felt. We know this is paranormal but we don't know yet what exactly Lucian is?

I really enjoyed this start to the series, this is a quick, exciting, hot and steamy read which will leave you eagerly awaiting the next install
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Bargain Basement: $10 Amazon Gift Card 1 5 Sep 09, 2015 08:59AM
  • The Soul's Mark Series Boxed Set
  • Heat of the Moment (Sisters of the Craft, #2)
  • Here They Lie (The Bloodstone Legacy, #1)
  • The Regent's Gamble (Spellbound Consortium, #1)
  • The Mirror (Northwest Passage, #5)
  • Immortal, Insatiable, Indomitable
  • Eternal (Holloway Pack, #0.5)
  • Iris in Bloom (Take a Chance #2)
  • Autumn Thorns (Whisper Hollow, #1)
  • Ghost Hope (The PSS Chronicles, #4)
  • Love at First Flight
  • A Vampire's Reckoning (The Stone Masters Vampire, #2)
  • Redesigning Fate (Revive #1)
  • Lethal Journey
  • Hell's Phoenix (The Road To Hell, #2)
  • Manroot
  • Life Lived Twice
  • Beneath the Vine

Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

S.R. Grey is an Amazon Top 100 and a #1 Barnes & Noble Bestselling author. She is the author of the brand new Boys of Winter hockey romance series, the popular Judge Me Not books, the Promises series, the Inevitability duology, A Harbour Falls Mystery trilogy, and the Laid Bare series of novellas. Ms. Grey's works have appeared on multiple Amazon Bestseller lists, including Top 100 seve
More about S.R. Grey...

Laid Bare (4 books)
  • Unveiled: Laid Bare (Laid Bare #2)
  • Spellbound: Laid Bare (Laid Bare #3)
  • Sacrifice: Laid Bare (Laid Bare #4)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • The Husband
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00