Start by marking “Broometime Serenade (The Oz-Files, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Broometime Serenade (The Oz-Files, Book 1)

Broometime Serenade

(The Oz Files #1)

When authorities fail to identify human remains uncovered after a cyclone ravages the Western Australian coastline, Martin and Claire are sent to Broome, a popular holiday destination, far from major population centres. Posing as new arrivals, the SOC agents (offshoot of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation) attempt to merge with the locals in an effort to ...more
ebook
Published December 1st 2014 by Evolved Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Broometime Serenade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broometime Serenade

Start your review of Broometime Serenade (The Oz-Files, Book 1)
Rabid Reader
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in Australia, this paranormal murder mystery will keep you entertained with an unusual mix of suspense and the supernatural. When a hurricane reveals an unidentified skeletal body, Claire and Martin (x-file type undercover agents) are sent in to investigate and become caught up in a much more complicated plot.
This is an entertaining story with suspense, murder, red herrings, magic and romance. The descriptive writing and the good narration give you visual images and the use of colloquialisms
C.L.
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Want an unconventional adventure that will keep you reading and waving off people with, "Just one more chapter!"? Then you want to read anything by Mr. Metcalf, but rather specifically "Broomtime Serenade"!

Follow Martin and Claire as they find themselves smack dab in the middle of a peculiar mystery with bad ass villians like Wanda! No spoilers, but definitely pick it up today! Think X-Files with an amazing Aussie twist!
Mishael
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. A well-written thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat ... and reading it really makes you feel like you're Down Under.
Linda Strong
This book takes place in Northern Australia .... someplace I've always wanted to visit. The book is very descriptive and I can see in my mind's eye exactly what the author was going for. The dialogue is very clear, even with unique Australian colloquialisms.

The story itself is well written and thought out. There were a few moments when reading that the descriptions seemed to have taken over the suspense, but since I actually enjoyed reading about the culture, history, etc., the overlong
Sharon Hatt
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story; mystery, suspense and some romance portrayed by captivating characters in a tropical paradise. Very well written, I could easily place myself in the story along with Martin and Claire as they pieced together the puzzle and once again foiled the witch Wanda Jean attempt at world domination. Highly recommend reading, I’m planning on going back and reading the first one now! Martin and Claire are agents for a government sect similar to the X-Files (yeah they get the REALLY weird ...more
Hannah
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Broometime serenade was a very well written book. I loved it! If you like mystery then I would definitely recommend it. This book is set in Australia and though I have never been there, the description of everything made me want to visit. The main characters, Claire and Martin, travel to Broome where they search for a murderer and fall into a trap set by the witch, Wanda Jean. Also the name and the fact there was a witch cracked me up (Broome - broom)not sure if that was on purpose. It's so much ...more
Nicole
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was brilliant. It had a fantastic plot that just kept me turning the pages, it made me frustrated that real life had to interfere with my reading time! The characters were believable, and I liked how the story was told from the point of view of both the good guys and the bad guys, it put an interesting perspective on a thriller for me, where I had always enjoyed a good who dunnit where you find out who the bad guy is at the end rather than knowing all along. I can't wait to pick up ...more
Barry
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a good murder mystery.
If you love Australia but can't afford the airfare, you'll adore my latest murder/mystery/suspense thriller.

Let Martin and Claire take you on the journey of a lifetime as they search for a killer in the tropical paradise of Broome, located on the isolated coastline of Western Australia. Meet local identities, visit famous tourist attractions and enjoy the sun, surf, sand and laid-back lifestyle.

After reading this you might just want to save your pennies and visit.
Hannah
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Broometime serenade was a very well written book. I loved it! If you like mystery then I would definitely recommend it. This book is set in Australia and though I have never been there, the description of everything made me want to visit. The main characters, Claire and Martin, travel to Broome where they search for a murderer and fall into a trap set by the witch Wanda Jean. It's so much fun to read this book and try to figure out what will happen next. Great book and well written.
Kaila
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this. The mystery, the adventure all of it was very interesting. The descriptions were amazing and made me feel as if I was there even though I've never been. I am very glad I got to review this one.
Gabryyl Pierce
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Unexpected and wonderful - can't wait for the next one!
Carol
May 24, 2016
Craig Parsons
May 27, 2016
Barry
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Phil Olsen
Dec 06, 2015
Rebekah
Dec 06, 2015
How to Promote YO...: FREE for reviews 1 18 Aug 03, 2015 03:44PM
Born in 1943 to a working class family with middle class aspirations, I began writing stories while at school, finally venturing into novels when I retired from teaching in 1997. The result was a series of mystery/thriller novels set in Australia and featuring two unorthodox investigators who work for the fictional Strange & Obscure Cases (SOC) Unit, an autonomous offshoot of ASIO.

Encouraged

The Oz Files (3 books)
  • Intrigue at Sandy Point (The Oz Files #2)
  • Spirit of Warrnambool (The Oz Files #3)