Start by marking “Let Her Go” as Want to Read:
Let Her Go

Let Her Go

Zoë Whitmore is in love with her best friend, but haunting memories and a guilty conscious have been holding her back from letting her be with him.

Owen Stevenson is unknowingly paying for the sins of his father. He doesn't understand why Zoë can't look at him for more than a few seconds or why his touch is unsettling at times. All he's ever wanted was to love her, to prot
Published October 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Let Her Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Her Go

Jeannine Allison
4.25 stars...

Child abuse is a very sensitive subject, and I was extremely impressed with the way Briana approached it. It was real, raw, and heartbreaking. Nothing felt like a plot device to move the story forward. At its core, this is a character-driven story, which makes it difficult to review without giving too much away. This is, first and foremost, Zoë's story. It's a romance, too, but it's also so much more than that. Zoë feels disjointed and unsure of herself, and I completely understood
Lynn
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s told from Zoe and Owen’s points of view.

I would consider this a predictable but emotional read.

Owen and Zoe have been best friends since kindergarten. Owen is the sweetest book boyfriend I have read in a while.

I’ve never looked at anyone because they’re not Zoë. She sets the bar high for me. No one compares.

description

The problem is, when Zoe was a little girl, Owen’s father had raped her. When Zoe looks at Owen, she sees his father.

Why does he have to remind me of the devil when our eyes lock?

I
bookish_affair
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4.2 Infinity and Beyond Stars*

*ARC provided in exchange for a Honest Review*
“Your edges are a little bent but you’re still a fucking masterpiece.”
Something about being with someone who means a world to you, the idea of living with them forever seems like a fairytale coming true but then all is crushed because of the evil that was always there, waiting for it's time and you didn't even realised when it took you away in its darkness and shattered your dream of forever,which is now, lost in that
yasmin
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book ruined me. But I have no regrets. I would read it all over again. Briana held nothing back when she wrote Let Her Go.

Right from the start, I knew Briana would give me another book I would obsess over. And she didn’t disappoint. These characters will stay with me forever!

“My heart wants him. It wants every inch of this man who has done nothing but love me from a distance because that is as close as I’ll let him.”

If I’m being honest, Let Her Go was hard to read at times. But I could not
ImJaclyn
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
***3 Stars***

*ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review*

I have mixed feelings about this one. It was an enjoyable book but I didn't love it. This author definitely has potential and I would buy more of her books, but this one isn't a favorite for me.

It's a friends-to-lovers romance (which is the best kind, in my opinion.) Zoe and Owen have known each other since they were in kindergarten and Owen has loved Zoe his whole life. His love for her was borderline creepy at times. He w
Briana Pacheco
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
IT'S LIVE!!!!!! I've waited years for this moment! You can one-click here! Thank you to everyone who is giving Zoë and Owen a chance! 💚

description

I LOVE these teasers for LET HER GO done by the amazing Mary Ruth!
K.  Ramjohn
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let Her Go was a gut-wrenching tale that was so well written, you will be hooked until the end.
This story deals with the topic of sexual abuse of a minor and its effects on the individual and others around them and the author did a remarkable job for portraying these emotions in a tasteful and sensitive manner.
This story will take you on an emotional roller-coaster ride. My heart broke for Zoe throughout this novel and to some extent for Owen but I loved them both. Zoe was such a strong charac
R. Kitt
Disturbing subject matter!

Zoe and Owen have been best friends since childhood, but Zoe has had a dark secret since childhood that she's never wanted to reveal to anyone, especially not Owen.

There is no easy way to deal with such trauma as Zoe did as a child, but her reasonings for things frustrated me, like the eye contact thing; that is not dealing with the trauma, it's hiding from it.

Sadly, this story was not the one for me, mostly because of the disturbing factor, but it does touch on a very
Amy
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book deserves all the stars! I became a huge fan of Briana’s after reading A Sky Full of Secrets and couldn’t wait for this book! It’s added to the short list that has completely broken me and made me sob!

This book is everything. The emotions you feel when reading is something spectacular. Not every author can evoke so many feelings. I was so scared to read this, because I just knew it would break my heart.

I want a love like Owen and Zoë. I think everyone should be lucky enough to experie
Karina
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhh I don't know where to start!!! But holy sh*t this book had me up all night! I couldn't put it down! You can feel both Zo's and Owen's pain! But you can also feel the love they have for each other! 😍
Zoe is struggling/suffering with something that happened to her when she was a child and because of that she keeps trying to push away Owen. But the the same time she needs him in her life and cant seem ro let him go.
All Owen wants to do is Love and be with Zoe but she makes it difficult for him.
Elaine
Oct 31, 2017 marked it as maybe
This girl made him date o/w 🙃 i don't get some heroines tbh https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Brit
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
one of the best books I've ever read by one of my favorite authors. this book really pulled at my heart strings
Brittany
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
*Received an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review*

Briana Pacheco has done it again! This may be my new favorite of her books but I should go back and read Sky Full of Stars again just to be sure. I loved this book so much! It was such a gut wrenching story but at the same time it was a story about unconditional love.
I thought that this book would be good but it surpassed my expectations. It ended up being so much more than what I thought that it was going to be. In the New Adult
Brandy Roberts
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow Let her go took me on one hell of a roller coaster of emotions there were tears , laughs , anger , and fear involved while reading this a story that can do that to its readers is one I love to read . I've read a few books by Briana Pacheco that I ended up really liking but this has got to be my favorite I'm hoping to see more from the secondary characters it seems like they have a story to tell plus any future projects that this author will have . If two characters were meant to be together ...more
Tashina Hatler
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lisa
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow I have a great admiration for Zoe's strength and this goes to show that true love can endure and survive anything.

Bless Owen. He has absolutely no idea why Zoe doesn't want any sort of intimacy with him. You have to give him massive credit for his patience, his persistence without putting Zoe under pressure and his willingness to do what it takes for Zoe to be comfortable with him. He has been in love with her forever and it is this love that holds him steady.

As you discover the reasons behi
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
Let Her Go was a highly CAPTIVATING and EMOTIONAL story. My emotions were on a rollercoaster from beginning to end.

I can go on and on and on how much I LOVE THIS BOOK. One of the reasons was the beautiful writing. I could see myself getting a quote or two tattooed on me one day.

All of the characters had a HUGE presence. I wouldn't say no to the supporting characters getting their own stories.

Owen was basically the PERFECT male. No wonder he's fictional. ;) There needs to be more men like him
❤️Melanie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am blown away by this story. My heart has been shredded, pieced back together just to have it happen all over again. I am emotionally drained after reading this book.

The way Briana Pacheco approached the abuse in this story was masterful. She wrote this story so beautifully that you felt as if you were within the story yourself.

Zoe was such force of strength even in her darkest hell. She did what she felt she had to do to keep herself and everyone around her safe. The secrets she kept hidden
Lela Hallman
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

This was a beautifully written story. Briana Pacheco did a awesome job writing about such a sensitive subject. I never usually cry when reading but this book made me cry tears of happiness and tears of sadness. My heart broke for Zoë. I could feel her pain through the pages. But I also felt the love that Owen had for Zoë. That deep soul burning love. You can feel it come through as you read. Ugh what a great book. Thank you Briana Pacheco!
Paula Genereau
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my. I fell in love with this story. It's an awesome book. I literally wanted more of this story
Liz
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full review to come!
J.C. Hannigan
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
😍😍😍full review to come!
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Briana Pacheco is a new to me author, and after reading this I'm sitting here thinking "HOW HAVE I NEVER READ HER BEFORE?!". Let Her Go is a hidden gem of an epic love story that captures you from the beginning and pulls you through an emotional journey. This book is phenomenal! I devoured every page and didn't put it down until the very end. A heartbreakingly beautiful story of best friends who are soulmates and the devastation they have to overcome, you're going to need tissues for this one bu ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
Let Her Go is one hell of an emotional roller coaster ride. There are so many things I want to say about this book, but I don't want to give away spoilers!!! How the same event, one moment in time, impacted best friends Owen and Zoe in such fundamentally different ways was incredible. Zoe's story is heartbreaking, and how Owen props her up every step of the way is nothing sort of amazing.

Zoe is such a strong character, even if she doesn't believe it herself. And Owen is such a sweet and patient
Kristen Johnson
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zowen are amazing!!! Full Review to come.

Let Her Go is an amazingly told heartbreaking tale of love, forgiveness and secret truths. Pacheco has blended it all together into a beautifully tragic story that will keep you in its grips as you go through it with Zoe and Owen.

Zoe loves her best friend Owen, has loved him for years, but she's been holding back, because Zoe's also been keeping secrets for years - tragic secrets, horrible secrets - secrets that make it hard for her to love anyone, but e
Stacy Aube
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

A beautiful and heartbreaking story wrapped up in one. At times this was difficult to read, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Overall an amazingly beautiful story.
Lanie
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
gahh the first book this year that made me cry! the author did not hold back. she told the story for what it is. my heart was ripped apart and i wanted to hug these characters and don't let go. definitely not my last book by briana!
✴ Cindy ✴
I was really thinking this was going to be a good one, but when Owen had sex with another girl... I was out. If he really loved Zoe, he wouldn't have done that. She deserved so much more. Even though Zoe pushed him to date, he shouldn't have taken it that far.
Pamela
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have read this year! It will rip your heart out but it will be worth it!
Iluzija 8
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.2
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 3 11 Nov 16, 2017 12:49PM
  • Broken (Voyeur Book 3)
  • Prison Promise (Prison Saints #1)
  • Finding Rhiannon (Lilith's Army MC, #2)
  • Micaden's Madness
  • Cards of Love: Five of Cups
  • Monsters
  • To Have and to Hold
  • The Goodbye Girl (Red Market, #2)
  • All I Need (Stay, #2)
  • Silent Scars
  • Twisted (Dark, #1)
  • Black Kiss (Obsession Inc. Book 1)
  • Stockholm
  • Ripple Effect (Ripple Effect, #1-4)
  • Layers of Her
  • Destroy Me (Crystal Gulf, #1)
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos, #2)
  • Twisted Fate (A Twisted Fairy Tale #1)
Briana Pacheco is the author of New Adult and Contemporary romance novels (SOUNDS OF YESTERDAY, A SKY FULL OF SECRETS, LET HER GO, and BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN), a twin, a dreamer, a tattoo lover, easily swooned by accents, and a little bit of an extrovert but a whole lot of introvert.

She loves hearing from readers!

Email: brianapacheco1@gmail.com
Amazon | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

Orde
“There's a storm raging inside me and all I want to do is scream until I can't scream anymore.” 0 likes
“He suffocates and revives me at the same time. It physically pains me to look at him but it also crushes me when he's not within reach.” 0 likes