Start by marking “22918 (Held, #3)” as Want to Read:
22918 (Held, #3)

(Held #3)

Lester Wine is a serial killer. Having brutally murdered dozens of women, he serves out his final days on death row. As his execution date nears, he recounts his story to a young journalist and budding author, telling every gory detail of his life and of the crimes he committed, all while fantasizing about the chance to do them one more time.

*For mature audiences only.
ebook, 1
Published October 30th 2014 by Case Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 22918, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 22918

Start your review of 22918 (Held, #3)
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
*** 4.22918 STARS ***

Not quite Held but . . .

. . . I enjoyed it immensely. Yeah, I'm fucked up like that .

Do you want to get in the mind of a horny serial killer? Say yes &one-click this bad boy. And if you haven't read any of Kimberly A. Bettes other books, one-click those as well. She's FANTASTIC !

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

'Q' aka CoCo
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disturbingly mesmerizing

I'm usually more of a dark romance kinda gal and thought that's what I'd be reading... this is more horror with a lot of sex thrown in and some gratuitous violence towards prostitutes. There's not a romantic bone in this guy's body so if you're looking for that obsessive Alpha dark love, look elsewhere. Still, the story was riveting. We get the whole story as he tells the journalist about his life from childhood on and he doesn't leave a single, sordid detail out. Though
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4 Love Control Stars ****

photo tumblr_nc8nylbd8H1tjsogwo1_500_zpspwbdih4y.gif

"Once you get into my mind or the mind of anyone like me, there's no going back."

And I love every minute of reading about a dark mind and the thought process of their everyday life.

Lester Wine is a killer plain and simple. He makes no excused for what he is and is not about to hide what he has done to all the "whores" he has taken the lives of. These whore's are prostitutes they never cause Lester any harm until they make bad choices while with Lester.

This is
Puss'N'Books
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review by PussnBooks.net

PussnBooks.net Reviewing the darkest, most erotic, and taboo books we can find.

So this is the final book in the HELD series and after about five pages I figured out what was going on, lol. And I loved it.

I was unsure if it was going to pick up with Nicole or Ron after the end of PUSHED and wasn’t sure how that would play out but, I needn’t have worried because this one takes place before the two ever met.

It was very cleverly written and gave you an insight into what got
Valerie Sparkle
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by an amazing author. I read the entire book in one sitting. It was too good to put down. I especially loved that it was written from the serial killer's POV.
Pamela
Feb 11, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, reviewed
Unlike books one and two, both of which were very good, this one was a huge disappointment. I don't think a third one was needed, but that's me.
JESSICA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Omg! I Frickin Knew It! High-5 Jessica! ;)

My Reaction After Reading This Book!! Awesome Frickin Bloody Awesome! Dark, Disturbing And That Twist! Lol. This could be read as a standalone but it goes amazing with the other two. Bravo Mrs. Bettes!!

* I went into this book blindly and I'm so glad I did. Because a few of the other reviews, spoiled the big twist. And that is a big pet peeve for me (you want to spoil, put up spoil tags) Which is totally unfair for others. So, if you been following t
Amber Rose
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark, horror
This is the 3rd book in the Held Series. It can be read as a standalone, but I would recommend reading this after the first two book. The first book is Held, the second book is Pushed.

To read my reviews on either.

Held → https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Pushed → https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

The first two book I loved! I mean those are really good books, and I am always recommending them to people who want something really dark.

This book you start off with a young journ
Lori Clark
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I found this gem. I love the way the author wrote it. I thought the story was believable and entertaining. I saw the book on Facebook and started stalking... er following Kimberly A. Bettes. I read the excerpt on Amazon and was hooked. I had a really hard time putting this book down.

The book is written in the form of an interview, but it's more like the killer talks about all of his victims, starting with the very first one when he was a young boy. There's not a lot of dialogue. Ther
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Into the mind of a killer.

What a refreshing take on serial killers. It is not very often you get the point of view of the killer, but in this novel you do.

You always wonder what gives the serial killer their drive or what they are thinking. In this novel you know exactly what is going on in the killer's mind as he tells his story. It was truly scary to read in a real, this could happen sort of way.
Dan
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good read! I read it in 2 sittings, same day. I just couldn't put it down. It's a serial killer book with the story being told by the killer himself. If you like books about serial killers, read this book!
leslie
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read

Keeps you engaged and wanting to know more until the last page. Another great book by Kim Bettes! Always look forward to a story by her!
Aly
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok for me. It didn't keep me on the edge of my set like I was hoping for. I wish it was a little darker maybe and more scary.
Ryan Pacillo
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story!This girl can write with the best of them.Plenty of action and gore to keep the pages turning quickly and have you looking forward to the next read from this author.
Donna Rae
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Another great book by this amazing author!
Bookworm LLC
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cindy-bookshelf
The story continues from from book one, Held and book two, Pushed. Lester is a serial killer behind bars who is finally behind bars for his crimes.
He wants to make sure his story gets out and agrees to talk to a journalist. While telling her all the horrible details of his crimes, he is enjoying reliving all the details and just wants to kill again. With his days being numbered while on death row, he would give anything to kill just one more time. Will he get that chance?
Patty
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an interesting book. I don't feel that it should be compiled with the first two Held books. It just doesn't fit in that I could find. The book is told by the killer to a reporter, as the reporter is wanting to write a book about the killer. The story does not go back and forth between killing and talking to each other. Once the killer starts talking the book doesn't end till the killer has told the whole story.
Laura Valdez
Feb 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Solo novel

This should’ve been book one if at at all. Every page I read I couldn’t help wondering when we’d get to the point of how this all tied into bk 1&2. All that time and not one mention following up on ending of book 2.
Suzanne
Nov 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF ..series of murders that I couldn't finish
Patricia Kaniasty
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first 2. Had me a little confused as to who was who in this story.
Sandra Burns
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent fast read

A reporter, comes to interview a serial killer before he is executed. Lester, tells his story. How many killed and how he killed them.
Angel Gelique
A young journalist visits the Potosi Correctional Center where serial killer, Lester Wine, is on death row awaiting his execution. The journalist is eager, anxious--even nervous--to hear what this infamous killer has to say. He has come to get the entire story in hopes that it will further his career. The young journalist will not be disappointed. He will get far more than he bargained for....

When I realized that this book was part of the Held series, I just had to read it right away. I'm a fan
Christina
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
In this book Ron is first exposed to a serial killer while interviewing him. It explains how Ron chose his name and where he began planning his future murders. It is after he has written his first book that failed due to his lack of understanding of how murders were committed. This book was just okay for me. It tells the stories of Lesters criminal activity but not with enough variation that the situational felt new. Nothing about Lester's victims made you empathize with them, not because they a ...more
Kelly
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Umm... YES!!! Meaning this book is NOT for anyone with a weak stomach. It is raw, thrilling, horrifying, disturbing.. At least the author put the disclaimer, ***For mature audiences only*** because you definitely would not want your kids getting a hold of this! What I loved the most was that this story is told through the perspective of a serial killer... You get to experience antisocial, true psychotic behavior. The best part is that Lester Wine could very well exist right now- he could be your ...more
Jasmine Malzahn
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was a pretty good one, even though it was quite disgusting in some scenes and ultimately creepy - which was supposed to be the point - Nailed it!! Don't necessarily think that it needed to be part of the Held series as it could have been a novel that stood on its own. Kimberly Bettes once again "knocked the ball out of the park" with her excellent writing style. Loved the creepy short story that was included at the end of the book entitled "His Ashes" - as weird as it was. Ov ...more
Lori Clark
Thoroughly Enjoyable

Of course I tend to have a morbid curiosity about this sort of thing. Having it be told about someone in Missouri makes it more interesting for me somehow.

well done!
Brenda
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I didn't finish this book - I didn't care about the main character and didn't like how he told his story.
Shadow Girl
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
RTC
Pam
Jun 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
I did not like this book .... Until I realized who the reporter was. I don't like giving bad reviews, but I just had to on this one!
Crystal
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
seriously fucked up but seriously well written. 5/5

• My Pretties
  • Jimmy
  • In My Father's Basement
  • All the Lies (Mindf*ck, #4)
  • Scarlet Angel (Mindf*ck, #3)
  • Sidetracked (Mindf*ck, #2)
  • Doll House
  • The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1)
  • She's Missing
  • Escape!
  • Cold Cole Heart
  • Hunted
  • Father (Family Values Trilogy #2)
  • Sweet Jayne