Start by marking “Servant (The Chronicles of Servitude, #1)” as Want to Read:
Servant (The Chronicles of Servitude, #1)

Servant

(The Chronicles of Servitude #1)

Bobby Roland knows things he shouldn't.

Plagued with premonitions of disaster, he fights to save others’ lives. What Bobby doesn't foresee is that rescuing a stranger from death will place him in the line of fire.

He discovers a world of evil spirits and tormented souls when he becomes entangled in a madman's plot to kill the Servant, a man chosen by God to exorcise demons
Published November 4th 2014 by Schmid Riehle Publishing (first published November 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Servant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Servant

Karen B.
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For me, this book was more than just a pleasurable novel. This book touched me deeply in a very personal way. It is once again the story of good vs. evil. Bobby Roland is thrust into a world he had neither sought nor expected. He comes with this "gift" -- he gets premonitions. He is not quite sure how to react to them, to prevent the harm he senses coming. Sometimes he only gets a premonition right before the problem is about to occur. It's not easy to figure out what to do. He makes new friends ...more
Debra
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A definite page turner. J. S. Bailey knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Servant starts off with a bang and never lets up. The end of each chapter left me wanting to continue just a bit farther. If you enjoy mysteries and thrillers, you'll enjoy Servant.
Thee_ron_clark
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
J.S. Bailey's Servant was a pleasantly surprising read in many ways. First of all, Bailey demonstrates a smooth writing style that is easy to follow. Beyond that, she shows a high level of creativity and innovation in this story and the concepts within it.

In Bailey's world, there people chosen by God known as Servants. Servants have the ability to draw evil spirits from people. They also have close connections to the holy spirit and other abilities. Some Servants have the ability to fluently spe
Laurin
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read a couple of J.S. Bailey’s works and can honestly say that, while I certainly liked them, I loved this one! Her writing just keeps getting better.

Bobby Roland is great; he’s like a Moses character to me – flawed and feeling unworthy, but called by God to great things. He’s unsure, but open enough to learn and grow and let God lead him.

And the plot was intense – giving just enough to make me think I knew what was happening then throwing up another wall in the maze, drawing me further in,
Katie Cross
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well written, fast paced, with memorable characters. (For some reason, Lupe is my favorite). I don't know how authors get into characters heads like some of these, but it impresses me all the same.

It's especially good having read the novella that released prior to this beforehand, because then I knew Bobby a little bit better, which made it more fun to read the novel.

At any rate: awesome book.
Janeandjerry
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SERVANT

This is the first in this series and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to read a good book.
Laurie Lucking
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This definitely wasn't my typical kind of book, but I ended up really enjoying it! Bobby was an easy character to relate to, and I liked that he gained a new community over the course of the book and grew to be more courageous. The changes in perspective were all timed well to build suspense, and it was so fascinating to see the mysteries unravel surrounding Bobby's roommate, his premonitions, and the Servant. Any readers who like suspense with some paranormal elements should definitely check ou ...more
Debi West
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious-horror
Well writen with (mostly LOL) likable characters. It did drag a bit, in the beginning, but I guess the authdwas world building. The pace picked up about half-way through and flew at the end. I expected a horror/ serial killer book and was surprised at the religious context. Not usually my thimg (burnt out on religion when younger), but horror drew me to it. Nevertheless, it all fit together for a thri3ride at the end so now I feel obliged to read the next book.
I received this book, gratis, on B
J.E. Reed
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

Wonderful story! Full of power and suspense! This is the second book I've read by Bailey and she always manages to keep me flipping the page, especially towards the end. I look forward to the second in this series.
Rachael
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the type of book I've been wanting to read for a while.
It kept me guessing what would happen next. It was suspenseful and supernatural! I loved it!
Kim
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Servant is a classic tale of Good vs. Evil. Bobby sees things. Horrible things. His premonitions are filled with disastrous events causing him to save lives. But, after seeing the murderous plot to kill a man choses by God to exorcise demons, knowns as the Servant, Bobby’s own life is in danger.
The book starts out strong and keeps going. It’s the type of read that the reader can’t put down for fear of missing something! The author does a fantastic job of weaving a dark tale full of suspense and
Holly Brown
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was anxiously awaiting the release of Servant after reading the prequal, SOLITUDE. I wasn't disappointed. I know it's cliche, but I seriously couldn't put this book down. It's dark and had so many mysteries coiled up that I just HAD to know what was going on, who was really a bad guy, who wasn't...

Bailey has remarkable talent. I couldn't get over her writing style and knowledge. Filled with enough imagery that every scene is clearly seen in the mind's eye (which in a book like this feels like
Rosie
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
J. S. Bailey has created a mystery/thriller with the perfect sprinkle of paranormal into the mix. With every answer supplied to Bobby, more and more questions arise. I was quickly unable to stop reading as I found that I needed answers also. Although Bobby has the gift of premonition, he is still a character who is easy to relate to, being so trusting and carefree, while the other characters are quite complex and take some time to tap into. ‘Servant’ was an absolute delight to read and gives the ...more
Elise Manion
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well written and fast paced, I enjoyed Bobby, Randy and Phil's dynamic as they fight the forces of evil in their small town. Each character has a story to tell and not all of it is good, but each has to learn to trust in their faith in God, and each other, in order to conquer their evil foes. While I admit that they frustrated me at times and I had no idea where the story would take its next turn, in the end, their decisions were the right ones. Now I can hardly wait to find out what happens nex ...more
A.D. Trosper
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book blew me away. Once it starts it doesn't let up. I stayed up until 4 am to finish it because i just couldn't put it down, I had to know how it was all going to turn out. Bailey is an excellent story teller. It's the first time in a long time I've come across a book in this genre that grabbed me the way this one did or that was written as well as this on is. I can't wait to read the next one. I recommend this to anyone who loves to read, it's a great book you won't regret opening.
Donna
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
First this not my normal genre of reading. I received this book for free from Goodreads First reads. I started this book awhile ago, but it wasn't working for me, so I put it down to read something else. I finally picked it up again and even though I wasn't keen on it I continued on with the story. It is well written and I got to say, by the end of the book, I do want to continue on to the next installment.
Evan Morgan
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced, original, and full of likeable characters, Servant is a great read. It's full of twists and turns that involve not only beings in this world, but in the spiritual as well. I believe the rest of this series has every bit of potential to match up to (and at points, succeed) Dean Koontz. 4.5 stars out of 5.
Debbie Bigler
Sep 20, 2016
rita a church
Jul 20, 2016
Barbara
This is a book that will especially interest young adults who love a paranormal type story with a faith emphasis, and is probably closer to 3.5 stars. Parts of it were hard to read because of the evil acts the main characters endure. The good vs evil theme is predominant, but you often don’t know exactly who is responsible for the terror until the end. There is also a great example of what true love is, and the sacrifices it might require. The plot certainly held my interest, but this is not my ...more
Jennifer Barlow
Apr 02, 2015
Kirstin Pulioff
Apr 02, 2015
Logan Horsford
rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2016
Bill McQueen
Jul 08, 2016
G.A. Wallace
Apr 18, 2017
Christian Readers: Servant: The Chronicles of Servitude Book 1 1 3 Apr 27, 2016 07:31PM
Koontzland - Dean...: Servant (Mini Group Read - 2015) 52 31 Mar 28, 2016 08:33AM

• The Devil's Laughter (The Devil, #5)
  • No Greater Sacrifice
  • Devil's Garden: Book One of the Paladin Sequence
  • Motherless
  • On The Gathering Storm
  • Siege (X-Men Mutant Empire, #1)
  • The Paradise Prophecy
  • The Kult
  • Deadman's Road
  • Refuge on Crescent Hill
  • Mildred's Resistance (The Network Series, #0.5)
  • Picturing Heaven: 40 Hope-Filled Devotions with Coloring Pages
  • Mysteries of the Worm: Twenty Cthulhu Mythos Tales by Robert Bloch (Call of Cthulhu Fiction)
  • Into the Dark of the Day
  • Hidden in the Heart
  • Pelham Fell Here (P.I. Frank Johnson #1)
  • Up in the Pines
  • Crash Gordon and the Mysteries of Kingsburg
J. S. Bailey enjoys writing eerie tales of the supernatural that keep readers on the edges of their seats. She has published six novels and twenty-one short stories, with more on the way. Bailey is fond of long walks in the woods, British television, and lots of burritos. She lives in Cincinnati, Ohio with her husband and cats.

Follow her on social media to keep up with her upcoming releases:

https:

The Chronicles of Servitude (4 books)
  • Solitude (The Chronicles of Servitude, #0)
  • Sacrifice (The Chronicles of Servitude, #2)
  • Surrender (The Chronicles of Servitude, #3)
“A house divided against itself cannot stand,” 0 likes