Start by marking “Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2)

Hearts of Fire (Hearts #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  4,811 Ratings  ·  644 Reviews
The Circus Spektakulär is proud to present Jack McCabe: Fire-breather, knife-thrower, risk-taker.

My house burned down when I was just a boy, robbing me of both my parents.

Now I breathe fire, eat the poison that almost killed me.

Crowds come to see me night after night. Men for the spectacle, women for the thrill. I’m an oddity to be stared at and desired. With each flame
Published March 9th 2015

Emily May
Mar 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, new-adult, 2015
It's amazing how your opinion of a book can do a complete U-turn by the time it's over. For the first third of Hearts of Fire, I honestly thought I would be writing a positive review. The writing was a little shaky in parts and I think there were a bunch of missed opportunities with regard to the description/atmosphere of the circus, but it was fun, the characters were interesting and it seemed very different.

Back when I was enjoying this book, I thought I would start my review with this quote:

Patrycja
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Title: Hearts of Fire
Series: Can be read as a standalone
Author: L H Cosway
Release Date: March 9, 2015
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

There is something absolutely magical in how easily and beautifully L. H Cosway seems to steal my breath away. Every time when I’m reaching for something written by her, I know that I am going in for amazing ride. By now, I am sure she will never be able to disappoint me. She’s far too perfect for that. That woman is an ama
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
(early Arc kindly offered by the author in exchange for an honest review)

I can’t recall a time when I’ve been more giddy with anticipation than waiting for Hearts of Fire to come out.
What I can’t recall even more is a time where I felt as giddy as the day L.H. Cosway proposed me to read her new novel back in January.
To be honest, I went with the normal reaction whenever you’re given your favorite special treat. Gluttony. Yes, I devoured Hearts of Fire in one night.
I couldn’t stop reading about
Mo
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the first part of this book. It started to wane a bit in the middle for me. But then somebody turned up and yep, I ended up liking it a lot. This author is Irish and what I love about her is that she will write as she sees and feels it. She doesn't sugar coat stuff, doesn't try to "be" American or English.... she stays true to her roots and writes it as it is. Words like "arse", "swanky", "dodgy" - I get the words. Hope everyone else does too. She leaves the "u" in "colorful" - you see, al ...more
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

description

What a wonderful read this turned out to be! I don’t know why I waited so long to read this story. It was magical, refreshing and everything I expected from this author. “Hearts of Fire” had my attention from the start. This author with her fantastic storytelling created something unique, a perfect blend of romance and humor, a tale with an enchanting setting, a tale about a man and a woman who find themselves and also find each other, find love.

“The danger was what I wanted. Adventu
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
IT'S LIVE <3

4,5 STARS

I was so excited to read this book because I just love Jay. Finding out that his brother is alive was so exciting and I couldn’t wait to finally meet him!!! When I read the synopsis, I knew it was going to be another amazing book. The f
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 4.5 Stars★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TWI01ZU
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/18g2e7j

Oh my, what a wonderful and vivid storyteller LH Cosway is, for 6 hours I was transported into a magical world of The Circus Spektakulär full of fire eaters, contortionists, lion tamers and performing monkeys. I loved every minute of it.

Artist, Lille is a 21 year old woman who is fed up with being under the thumb of her controlling mother. Told what to do, how to behave, where to go to Uni,
Catarina
5 Fire Stars.

This book tell us the story of Lille and Jack.
Jack is the presumed dead younger brother of Jay, He had a bad past and he still lives accordingly to it, not easily trusting in people, nor opening to anyone.
That changes when he meets Lille, an artistic girl who has no control over the course of her life, who just wants to get away from her mother’s controlling and demeaning ways.
When Lille runs away and join the circus Jack’s works in, they start to get closer and trusting each
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Hearts of Fire
Series: Hearts #2
Author: L.H. Cosway
Release date: March 9, 2015
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

It's no secret that I'm a huge L.H. Cosway fan. Her fresh and invigorating stories always leave me desperate for more. She takes the quirky and offbeat, and twists them up in a feast of the senses. And let me say, I gorged on every indulgent, decadent morsel from beginning to end. She's a drop everything, lock yourself in a solitary room, and n
Jasmine
4.5 STARS! ★★★★☆

NOW LIVE! -> AMAZON US

"You have never been invisible to me, flower. You're all I see."

There is nothing quite like it every time I pick up a LH Cosway book because she makes me feel like a little kid who just entered the candystore, dying in anticipation to have a taste of everything that it has to offer. With Hearts of Fire that strung me along, I definitely came out of the candystore as one damn happy kid and couldn't wait to come back for more! :D

It's no surprise that I've
♥Sharon♥
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

One thing I love about L.H. Cosway’s writing is that her characters are always so intriguing and inviting. And while you know that you are about to read a romantic story, there is a certain level of ingenuity that sets it apart from the others. So far I have LOVED every one of her books I have read and HEARTS OF FIRE was no different. It was beautifully written in a way that Jack McCabe and Lille Baker stole my heart individually and together.

photo 38be3268-0d6a-4516-9cf4-3ad1e94d3f2a_zps1350d4a8.jpg

Hearts of Fire is Jack and Lille’s story and is set
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 Flower stars

“You wanted me?” I said quietly.
“All the time.”
“I never saw. I thought I was the one who watched you.”
“You were. That’s why I started watching back.”

photo hearts of fire 2.jpg

Hearts of Fire is the second book in the Hearts series by LH Cosway and is about Jack, the younger brother of Jay from the first book. If you’ve read the first book, you know Jay believes Jack died in a fire, but outside forces have kept them apart. Now that Jack has grown up he works for the circus as a fire breather. Lille liv
Amy (Foxy)
I thought Hearts of Fire would be good BUT it was on fire!! A great combo of romance, steaminess and storyline.

I first heard about Jack in Six of Hearts as the presumed dead brother. To learn that he wasn't dead and was getting his own book was the BEST NEWS OF THE DAY. I knew it was a MUST read book because I needed to know about this unknown brother.

description

WOW! Jay's brother, Jack, is a fire-breathing, knife-throwing, risk-taking eccentric performer. When he takes center stage the crowd knows they
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 turpentine & kerosene STARS

“You’ve got me under your skin now, Lille.”

I'm in love with this book. I absolutely adored reading Hearts of Fire over the last few days. I just didn't want it to end, so my snail pace reading was to some extant deliberate. Overall I would say it was just a really lovely read that hit all the good spots for me. Just a few things you can find in this book: adventure, fantastical elements, a beautiful love story, a little edge, incredible sexual tension, steam
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) by: ♥Sharon♥
Shelves: 2015
Rating : 4 ‘A Love Story that just stepped out of Fantasy’ Stars

description

My Views : AWESOME. This Lady is just AWESOME. She definitely doesn’t disappoint with this one. First let me make this clear…Books about Circus is a Major Turn On for me. description Therefore, even before reading this one I knew that I was going to love it because Circus mixed with L.H.Cosways’ writing can only bring Goodies. description I love how this one was different from the first book in the series and how we get totally different characters.
Saffron
3.5 "I am kind of underwhelmed" Stars!!!

Do I love LH Cosway? Yes.
Do I love her characters? Yes.
Did I love all her other books? Yes.
Do I love this book? No
Did I like it though? Yes, kind of.
Did I have really high expectations for this one? YES!!!!
Did my high expectations ruin this for me? Probably.

OK so this is the gist of how I feel about this book. I tried to love it...I really tried! But i just couldn't.

The plot line kind of bored me at times, which basically is about a girl (Lille)
Sabrina
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Purchase links:
Kindle: http://amzn.to/2kI6uoU
Series bundle: http://amzn.to/2khsHLG

I was definitely not expecting this book to affect me as much as it did. This story wasn't one that you would go in to and expect to me so emotional, but once you get to know and love Jack you will be open to heartbreak. His story had me sobbing at this one part (if you've read this then you know the scene) and I never though I would recover. His character was just so raw and open, and I loved it.

The story was am
Jeanne
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it

L.H. Cosway is one of my favorite authors, I'll love her forever just for creating Jay Fields. *Sigh* Even though I did enjoy this, I have to admit my favorite scenes of this book involved Jay, which is why I wouldn't recommend it as a stand alone. I just feel like readers would be missing the point of a truly emotional connection if they didn't read Six of Hearts first.

Many of her books were 5 star, all my favorite shelves reads for me including:

Still Life with Strings by L.H. Cosway; Six of Hearts (Hearts, #1) by L.H. Cosway; Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1) by L.H. Cosway; Killer Queen (Painted Faces, #2) by L.H. Cosway

What I love is that all of her books are
Brandi
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

description

I enjoyed this one, it wasn't particularly unique or anything, but it definitely had its entertaining moments, and picturing Jason as Jack didn't hurt. To be honest, I was a little bored in the beginning, it did eventually win me over, but Jay may have had something to do with that. Overall, while this isn't my favorite Cosway book, it was still a good read, with a magical setting.
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: L.H. Cosway Fans, Romance
4.5 Risking all for Love * * * * 1/2

I am sitting here and really can only point to others for you get the full description of this book. I know, you have heard this from me before... and it is getting old. In my defense... I can only say... with this book, the level of artistry out there is a wonder.

My little contribution will be this. Years ago there was a series on HBO called
Carnivàle (2003–2005). It was about a traveling circus during the 1930 and this was what kept floating in and out of m
Claire Robinson
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "You've got me under your skin now." Stars!

I have pretty much run out of complementary words to use when describing how wonderful L.H. Cosway and her books are. I read a lot, and giving a 5 star rating to any book means it has touched me, in some way and I would happily read it again and again.

”Some marks last forever. You have to decide if they’re worth it.”

There are few authors whose books I have read that I have never rated lower than a 4.5, this author is one of them, and the simple rea
Penny Reid
Oh, *sigh*

What you need to know:
1. Jack McCabe is a babe. He's a little freaky, a lot... hot, and not at all apologetic for his hot freakiness.
2. Lillie Baker is funny, sweet, and completely relateable as a heroine. She's someone with whom you'd love to be friends
3. This is a slow burn love story... pun intended.
4. I think the reason LH Cosway's books always pull me in is because they are completely unlike anything else out there. You read an LH Cosway book, you know you're getting something ne
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
****4 FLAMMiNG StArS****

LaDiEs AnD GeNtLeMeN AlLoW Me To InTrOdUcE...

JaCk McCaBe....FiRe-EaTeR ExTrAoRdInAirE

You're gonna love Jack he's broody, complexed, a little broken and he's sure to set your pulse racing.

L.H. Cosway has an incredible way with words. Her unique characters and their lives...held me captive from beginning to end.... burning the pages with their chemistry.

I don't want to give anything away....just read the blurb.... then run away with the CIRCUS .... and like me, hopefull
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

I must admit by halfway I was going to give this book 2 stars. Even though I liked Lille, I did not like the direction of the story AT ALL.

However, the pacing was good and the issues never dragged on for too long. And then something happened around 80% and it was by far a moment I will remember in book history.

I liked it but nowhere near as much as I loved Six of Heart. It was still a good read with some very VERY frustrating moments.
Dee Montoya
****4.5 Consuming Stars*****

photo 13712879-5486-4ed0-a662-2bc8cc3cb353_zpshiklmk2b.jpg

Lille lives a very unhappy life under her mother's heavy thumb, she controls every aspect of her life; her clothes, her diet, her studies, pretty much everything. In an effort to start making a change, Lille creates a bucket list. Brake up with the boy her mother decided she should date, do something dangerous, have sex with a stranger, get a tattoo, among other things. This list represents the freedom Lille so desperately craves.

One day while working , a strange wom
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
☆4 Stars with a few 2 Star Moments☆

Jack McCabe is fire eating extraordinaire.
description

Not only is he good looking with an amazing man bun (kinda obsessed with man buns right now lol), but he's Jay Field's brother. I liked him from the moment he was introduced in the story. He is my fave type of hero...cynical, dark, brooding type.

I loved Lillie's character. She was so well developed! I usually stay away from younger characters cause they annoy the crap out of me, but Lillie didn't. Some of the things s
Dali
5++ wow-stacular stars.

A stunning romance that had me entranced throughout with L.H.’s lyrical writing, full of beautiful descriptions, intense and strong characters and a plot with an almost musical flow that stole my heart. It’s a wonderful combination of fun adventure, moving heartbreak and sweet sexy romance.
“Jack”
“Lille?”
“You’re kind of beautiful, you know that?”

Suffocating under her overbearing mother’s rule, Lille dreams of freedom. She’s compiled a list of things to do where advent
Leslie
Okay, so is it wrong that I'm visualizing some brother-on-brother action right now? Because that's one sexy threesome opportunity right there.

The Circus Spektakulär is proud to present Jack McCabe...

photo D9F10D96-8A86-47FE-87EA-6A40567307CF.gif

Dear Ms Cosway
That was the shit! I really want to thank you for providing me with an ARC. This was my most anticipated book so far in 2015!

photo 3F6D7F2D-7951-4E62-9C3D-12A78555A508.png

photo 5682A667-41C6-4026-8742-ED4D45044568.png

photo 1C4B0DEB-99AC-4D42-B03C-1EB471A22B71.png

I really don't know how she does it every time. The larger than life characters that give you chills! Jack McCabe is simply put a sexy beast! Another freaki
Srikari Downey Jr.
2.5 Stars

Shocked? Well so was I. I have to tell you this before I write my review. I love Ms. Cosway and her Six of Hearts just stole my heart away. I still blush when I think about it and whenever I see it, I start reading it all over again. I seriously recommend it to all you guys.
But when it comes to this book, not so much.

When I got an ARC from Ms.Cosway I completely flipped out with excitement and thanked my mum for giving birth to me (yes, if you didn't know already I could be very creep
Karen
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
[image error]  photo b8142c3e7ddb1329b8eb8380e7acd81c-d4php5x.jpg

"You are the man in the painting, Jack” “…I’m only that man because you made me so.”

And here is yet another example of how L H Cosway is capturing the hearts of her readers and setting them on fire. She has a unique ability to create the most interesting storylines and the most fascinating characters. I have yet to be disappointed in any of her books.

[image error]  photo tumblr_mqhkltakrA1qcopkeo1_500.jpg

Lille Baker is twenty-one. She is a student, but still living with her over-bearing mother in southern Irelan
♥ BR ♥: Hearts of fire 114 44 Mar 12, 2015 09:10AM
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • This Way to the Sugar
  • Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • Fighting
  • Skygods (Hydraulic, #2)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Fighting Dirty (Dirty, #4)
  • Debt
  • Winter (Four Seasons, #1)
  • Leave a Mark
  • Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2)
  • Stupid Love (Stupid in Love, #3)
  • Amour Amour (Aerial Ethereal, #1)
  • Recitatif/To Room Nineteen
  • Kulti
  • Things Liars Say (#ThreeLittleLies, #1)
  • The Corrupt Comte (The Bourbon Boys Quartet, #1)
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:
More about L.H. Cosway...

Hearts (6 books)
  • Six of Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • King of Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Hearts of Blue (Hearts, #4)
  • Thief of Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Hearts on Air (Hearts, #6)

“Would it make you feel better to know that we all get the same number of hours in a day, days in a year? Some people might be rich and some might be poor, but none of them can buy time. It is one of the fairest systems in the world.” 14 likes
“Skin is important, Lille. Some marks last forever. You have to decide if they’re worth it.” 10 likes