Start by marking “Zia, the Teenage Zombie & the Undead Diaries” as Want to Read:
Zia, the Teenage Zombie & the Undead Diaries

Zia, the Teenage Zombie & the Undead Diaries

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Zia would give anything to be a typical teenager... again. Heck, she’d settle for being a vampire or smelly werewolf, but a member of the walking dead? The lowliest of all the monsters? No way! Nothing is worse than being a skin-sloughing, limb-losing, maggot-housing, brain-craving undead girl. Nothing.

It wouldn’t be so bad if humans didn’t insist on “Living Impaireds” wea
Published September 2015 by Black Pines Press

To ask other readers questions about Zia, the Teenage Zombie & the Undead Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zia, the Teenage Zombie & the Undead Diaries

Nicole
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
First things first: I got this book for review over at yaboundbooktours.
The book is out since September 20th and you should totally check it out, if you like books about Zombies or if you want to start readng books about the undead.

Also I throw around some spoilers. Just to be save!!!

I'm having a hard time rating this book to be completely honest. Cause I loved it but I just. The ending?! I didn't really feel it.

Overall I loved LOVED LOVED the idea of the book. This is a world were it's normal t
Laura  Hernandez
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review via YA Bound Book Tours. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are my own.

I really loved reading this book as it takes on a new outlook on zombies. What's so different about a zombie book you ask? Well humans live side by side with LI's {Living Impaired}. LI's are zombies, vampires and werewolves who live within society and wear collars that prevent them from harming humans. Reading Zia's diary entries really
Karen
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reveiwed
4.75 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher, author and YA Book Bound Tours for giving me a copy for this book in exchange for my honest review.

Okay to be honest this title grabbed my attention right away. I wanted it and I am glad I did. This is such a fun and touching story. Zia has the problem of many high school students but add the fact she is a zombie on top of that and you can't help but cheer her on in her journey. Facing the fact she is decaying and what to wear to the party, we neve
K.E. O'Connor
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a good read, funny, sad and hopeful all in a mix of dead teenage angst!

There were a few odd spellings that jerked me out the story now and then and crickets chirping in winter, but hey this fiction, so I guess anything is possible.

Overall a fun, engaging, definitely worth a look. Enjoyed it and read it in two sittings.
Elsbeth
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I never read a book with a zombie as main character. I never knew zombies could be so nice (when you put a lock on the growling, brain eating part). I really loved this book! Loads of interesting characters (zombies, werewolves, vampires and humans) and a nice plot.
Thanks, Angela Scott, for giving me a chance to read this!

www.storycartel.com
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Zia is a teenager and now she is a zombie. You see Zia was in an accident and her dad couldn’t handle his baby girl being gone so he had a witch doctor bring her back from dead. So now she is a member of the undead with body parts rotting and following off. Zia was a normal teenage girl and like any other teenage girl she had her problems or so she thought until she became a member of the undead society.

Zombies, vampires,
Aj Sterkel
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This book was a strange surprise. I worried I’d hate it, but it turned out to be fun.

The novel delivers what the title promises. Zia is a teenage zombie who keeps a diary of her high school experiences. She wants to be a normal teen girl, but when she goes to prom with her horde of “Living Impaired” friends, it nearly causes a zombie apocalypse.

I was hesitant to start this book because I didn’t think I’d be able to take a zombie narrator seriously. I love idiotic kids’ books, but if a story is l
Autumn
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: story-cartel

I received this book via Story Cartel to give an honest review.

I was really excited to read this book just the title had me wondering what would a zombie have a diary about? Well Zia is a teenage zombie who starts each chapter with a small paragraph as a diary and then proceeds to tell us what is going on. I guess that is the best way to put it.
After an accident Zia's father had her brought back to life as a zombie. Zia of course doesn't like being a zomb
Laura Greenwood

Title: Zia the Teenage Zombie and the Undead Diaries
Author: Angela Scott
From: Story Cartel
Genre: Urban Fantasy, YA
Release Date: 20th September 2015
Challenges: 2015 New Release Challenge
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Zia was just an ordinary girl. Until she got killed in a boating accident and her Dad found a witch to bring her back from the dead. Now Zia is a zombie, one of the LI's (Living Impaired) going to her school and trying to fit in. Except that her
Paula  Phillips
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After a boating accident killed Zia , her father was desperate and went to a Witch Doctor and got Zia resurrected as a Zombie. Now living in a world which is divided between Supernaturals aka Living Impaireds and Humans , Zia must learn to navigate through her newfound world and if that wasn't as bad she has a new step-family and an annoying Stepsister who is the same age as Zia. Being a Zombie isn't all fun and games and in terms of the LI's being a Zombie is the bottom of the supernatural rung ...more
Becky Stephens
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies, romance
In Angela's bio, she states that her "zombies don't sparkle, and they definitely don't cuddle." I think she has proven with this adorable teen love story that she should rewrite her bio. Some of her zombies--at least in this particular world--can be loveable and cuddly.

Because our protagonist is a teenager, it is fitting that the story alternates between prose and diary entries. The diary entries are short and to the point. I think Angela did a fine job of harnessing the feelings of a teenage gi
Paranormal Tendencies
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
High school has enough drama without being undead. Zia has to go through crushes, dances and avoiding her former BFF all while rotting, smelling and having to fight off maggot infestations. yuck! But it doesn’t take long for Zia to discover that even though her heart isn’t beating, it can still be broken.
I was a little skeptical when I started this one. How can a zombie be a part of functioning society? The author gives a pretty unique explanation for that. So undead aside, Zia now has to get us
Katie Doyle
Apr 17, 2016
Arianna Evans
Aug 30, 2017
Reads & Reels
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2016
HFK
Feb 15, 2016
Solfreedom
Feb 19, 2016
I hear voices. Tiny fictional people sit on my shoulders and whisper their stories in my ear. Instead of medicating myself, I decided to pick up a pen, write down everything those voices tell me, and turn it into a book. I’m not crazy. I’m an author.

For the most part, I write contemporary Young Adult novels. However, through a writing exercise that spiraled out of control, I found myself writing a
More about Angela Scott