Start by marking “A Place for Us Part 4” as Want to Read:
A Place for Us Part 4

A Place for Us Part 4

(A Place for Us #4)

The FOURTH and FINAL of four exclusive part-serialisations of a A Place for Us by Harriet Evans. Steal a march on everyone and enjoy this magnificent conclusion to a beautiful novel.

The day Martha Winter decided to tear apart her family began like any other day.

Published October 23rd 2014 by Review

To ask other readers questions about A Place for Us Part 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Place for Us Part 4

Jacqueline
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
A Place for Us:

part 1 review
part 2 review
part 3 review

I was a bit nervous going into this, the fourth and final part of the series after suffering through the bleakness of the penultimate part. I just couldn't see how the utter mess that the whole family was in could ever be resolved. Trouble is, when the writing's as vivid as this, it's impossible to do anything other than be pulled right into the story and feel each character's pain.

I needn't have worried, this was such a strong, satisfying c
Kushnuma
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free ebook copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

A Place for Us Part 4 is the final instalment. It has been almost a year since Martha wrote the invitations for her 80th birthday and the Winter family is starting to get back in one piece.

I think this last instalment was brilliantly written. I particularly like the Epilogue, where we find out how exactly David and Martha met each other.

I am really thankful to Netgalley and Headline for the review copies.
Jill
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was really looking forward to reading the fourth and final part of this serialisation to find out what happens to the Winter family, and I was not disappointed. I often struggle with serialisations as I have a memory like a sieve but I was able to get straight back where we had left off from part three.

If you havent read any of the series, it revolves around the Winter family. Martha has sent them all invitations to a party to celebrate her forthcoming birthday. We follow them coming together
Jane Hunt
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Place for Us Part 4 by Harriet Evans

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

This is the perfect ending, to what has turned out to be a wonderful story, full of pain and joy, lies and deceit, the stuff of most real families, if we are honest. 'A Place for Us' part four, is poignant but the sadness of the earlier episodes is replaced by acceptance and hope. Martha and her family come to terms with their loss. Through this acceptance, Martha finds her true self, as she
Denise
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
A well written engaging family saga, this fourth and final installment did not disappoint. I’m not a great fan of reading by installments and would have preferred to read it as a full book. However, I have really enjoyed reading this series and will miss the Winter family now it has ended. This family drama would also be brilliant if it was made into a TV series.
Kerry Bridges
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
A very quick to finish of the "A Place for Us quadrilogy" - this is a fun little set of books telling a sweet, if predictable story in which a family's secrets are revealed. The characters are generally all quite lovely except one who appears to be inexplicably unlikeable and, I am sure you can guess without reading it that it all comes together nicely at the end.

I cannot understand why this was written in four parts - I don't think it added in any way to the story and just seems to be some sor
Jackie White
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The final book of four, tying up all the loose ends in this series about the Winter family, one year after Martha sent out the invitations to the party where she made an announcement that would change everyone’s lives.

Slightly predictable in places but overall I enjoyed the series. Not the first book I’ve read by Harriet Evans & won’t be the last.
C A Bringloe
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Having read all 4 books now I really enjoyed them. Don't know why they didn't just have one as it would have been better .
Lisa Bentley
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Synopsis

Being part of the Winter clan is something incredibly special. Equally, being part of the Winter clan can be an albatross. The Winter’s, like most families, harbour many dark secrets; stories that they have failed to share. For although they are a close family there are some things that you just keep to yourself.

When Martha Winter, mother and matriarch of the family, calls all her children and grandchildren back to the family home Winterfold everyone is beyond curious. Hidden as an excus
Paris Baker
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally posted on Paris Baker's Book Nook.

Thanks again to Headline Publishing for providing me with a review copy of the fourth and final instalment of this serialisation via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I mentioned in my review of Part Three, that I see the four parts as follows:

1 – Building the tension 2 – All of the drama 3 – The Aftermath 4 – The Resolution

So this was finally it: The Resolution. I’ve been so excited to get to this last instalment and see how everything turns
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews

So opens A Place for Us by Sunday Times bestselling author Harriet Evans, a book you'll dive into, featuring a family you'll fall in love with ... and never want to leave. If you de
Erin
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Firstly thank you to Headline for approving me for a copy of the 4th part in this serialised title via NetGalley. This is the 4th and final part of this novel. You can read my review of the 3 previous parts here –
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

So far Harriet has introduced us to all the characters in Martha Winterfold’s story and has unveiled some long buried secrets that have massive repercussions for the family. The story is narrated by the characters in turn which allows you to see the story from all aspe
Suze Lavender
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Things have calmed down a little now that most of the secrets of the Winter family are out. Martha is organizing a lunch for everyone, it's time for them to be together again. She hopes Florence will be there, because she has a surprise for her. She's visited her in Florence and went to see Cat in Paris. With her grandmother's help Cat is finally making some good decisions in her life. There are also some changes in the relationship between Karen and Joe and Bill is finding back some of his old ...more
Charlotte (Escapades of a Bookworm)
Reviews can also be found on my blog Escapades of a Bookworm

So I finally got to read the final part of A Place for Us! And yay, it was so good.

Part four ties up all the loose ends, tidies the story up. But it does it so well that we don’t seem to lose momentum. It is more gentle than the other parts as it solves the issues and sorts everything out so that there is a happily ever after ending for everyone.

And the ending was so good. It explained how Martha and David met, and why the house was so
Book-shelf Shelf
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm gutted that this series is finished the suspense throughout all 4 really books was brilliant I felt like I was in there world there was such a mixture of emotions going on with all the different characters I loved the ending for cat and was hoping for it for a while I'm relived Karen and bill are now sorted I'm glad Martha is now finally at peace and can enjoy her family in winterfold as she should although we know she will always always miss David and daisy Florence finally seems to have so ...more
Smitha
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
The final part of the four part saga 'A Place for Us', picks up from where it left off at the end of part 3.

Martha's family has scattered once again, some driven away by the secrets that have been disclosed, some by the power of their own pasts. It is once again up to her to bring them all back, to the place which they all can call their own.

A touching end to the tale, and a fitting one as well. The only reason for me to rate it a 3 is because it was very predictable. I did however love the ep
Fluffychick
Well, all I can say is that it all comes to a very satisfying end where everything falls into place. Overall, I loved it! I was desperate to read the final section to see how everything was resolved and I wasn’t disappointed.

I’m still not a fan of instalments and would have preferred to read it as a whole book. I think the whole is greater than its parts and I’d probably rate it as a 4.5. It’s a well written, engaging family saga and one I’d recommend, but I’m not giving anything else away.

Thank
Stephanie
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
The final part in this novella series is all about the family picking up the pieces and carrying on with their lives. A few members of the family were still not quite happy but everything fell into place before the end of the fantastic little series

I loved this idea, it is the first 'series' I have read and is also a genre that I don't usually read. Perfect for a quiet weekend. I will definitely read more by Harriet Evans.
Thank You to the author and the publisher for the copy via Netgalley.
Babus Ahmed
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
The concluding part to this series and everything seems to fall into place for the family, which was nice but predictable. I still enjoyed the characters and story and the serialisation did enhance the story.
Megan Taylor
Sorry to say didn't enjoy this series of books. Could understand the story and the family dynamics but it didn't grip me at all and I lost interest early into the story which was a shame.
Helen Riddell
natalie
Jun 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/harrietevansb...

I was born in London in 1974 and grew up on the mean streets of Chiswick, where I went to school. I was a completely undistinguished pupil in every way, except I absolutely loved reading and drama. My only achievements from the age of 5 to 18 were, a) winning a doodling competition at primary school (of a witch flying in the sky with balloons

A Place for Us (4 books)