Start by marking “The Charlotte Chronicles (Jackson Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Charlotte Chronicles (Jackson Boys, #1)

Read Book

The Charlotte Chronicles

(Jackson Boys #1)

Charlotte Randolph was only fifteen when she fell in love with her best friend’s gorgeous older brother—but she wasn’t foolish enough to hope he could ever love her back. Nate Jackson always viewed her as a pesky kid…until the day she got sick. The one bright spot during her illness? He realized she was all grown up. But just when she allows herself to believe that dreams ...more
Published December 8th 2014

Start your review of The Charlotte Chronicles (Jackson Boys, #1)
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

The Charlotte Chronicles charts the dramatic life of Charlotte and Nathan, one of the Jackson boys. It's the story of how their lives intertwine with a fierce bond tested to the very limits. It's their love story, together and apart, their pain, their heartache and their second chances.

It's about growing up, courage, hope, first times, first loves and forever. It's about forgiveness and having the power to move on.

The story begins when Charlotte is 15 and Nathan is 17. Their story, even though
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I want you and no one else
I want you for myself
I want you and nothing else girl ...
I’ve got nothing to lose
I want you and if I can’t have you
Then no one will" – I want you by Nick Jonas

There's always one sign when you’ve read a great book and that's the feeling of being utterly bereft, as though you just don't know what to do with yourself. That's what I'm feeling at this exact moment.

I don't know what to do with my f*cking self.

I feel as if I'm a snowflake that’s been hurtled in a blizzard
Geri Reads
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

I spent quite a bit of time going back and forth with my rating. I can't decide whether to rate it 3.5 or 4. In the end, I decided to go with four for these reasons...

-Nate and Charlie. From the get go, I felt their connection and chemistry together. Considering that Nick also figures pretty prominently in the book, that's no easy feat. Ms. Frederick was able to establish early on the indelible connection between Nate and Charlie.

-The letters. Around 30% of the book was told through
Claire Robinson
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - We waited so long, fought so hard. Stars!

I love Jen Frederick’s books, and The Charlotte Chronicles is no exception. I knew that she was releasing Charlotte and Nate’s story initially in serialized installments, but knowing myself and how much I love her work, I knew that if the story grabbed me I’d be seriously miffed having to wait for each part to be released.

So I made the decision to wait until all parts were available, that way I could enjoy and devour their story in my own time, and
Jackie
Oct 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
A prime example of all the worst things about New Adult. The first part of the novel opens with teens Charlotte, Nate, and Nick reeling from Charlotte's diagnosis of brain cancer. Nate and Nick are brothers, and their parents and Charlotte's have been friends for ages, living in the same Chicago building. Nate has always believed that he and Charlotte are destined to be romantic partners ("she was mine as soon as they put her in my arms"—can you say "ickkk"?) but thinks that at 15, Charlotte is ...more
Michelle
[image error]

#CC1

First and foremost, I must say that I simply adore and love Jen Frederick. I first fell in love with her books when I read Undeclared of the Woodland series and since then I was addicted to her story telling and writing. If you read Undeclared, Unspoken and Undressed, then you are all familiar with Grace, Noah, AnnMarie, and Bo. In Undressed, we learn that Grace and Noah’s son, Nathan marries Charlotte, AM and Bo’s daughter. But what makes Jen an amazing author was that she
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers,bitter ranting and cursing ahead

DNF at less than 10%,I didn't even make it out the fucking prologue

Every book I've read from this author has had a loyal hero, from the worst manwhores to the virgin heroes each one has been loyal from day 1 to their heroine.......until I got to this one. In the epilogue of the parent's book we know that Nate has viewed Charlotte as his from a very young age, they grow up together and their families are very close. I was excited to hear the story of the
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via TRSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!

description

Sooo after reading the epilogue of Unspoken I had been really been dying for a Nate and Charlotte book. Thank you Jen Frederick for making my wish come true! You are the best!

description

The Charlotte Chronicles truly entailed what its title infers. We journey with Charlotte through many different periods of her life from childhood best friends, to awkward spurts of puberty, AND FINALLY ultimate true love…along with
Aestas Book Blog
Dec 11, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: now
Ahh!! This blurb makes my heart squeeze!!!!!

Charlotte and Nathan were supposed to be forever. They grew up together. Their families were intertwined. Charlotte was Nathan's first love. Nathan was Charlotte's first everything.

Until they weren't.

How do you hold on to the person you know in your heart you are supposed to be with when everything and everyone in the universe is telling you it's over?

Standalone.
Dali
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the best romantic escapes I've ever taken! If I consider Nora Robert’s definition of romance as "the celebration of falling in love and emotion and commitment," then Jen Frederick nailed it with The Charlotte Chronicles. Of course before all the happy festivities life gets in the way and we get to join both Charlotte and Nathan through all the bumps and curves they have to navigate to get to their happy ever after.

I need to confess I did something I hadn't done since way back when I first
Stephanie
Oct 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wtf

Nothing that came after could make up for Nate sleeping with someone else when Charlie was having surgery. Nothing. Not only is sex with other people totally wrong in a romance, this was much worse because they already knew each other, already loved each othet, and she was having freaking surgery because she had cancer, and he decided to go have sex with someone else because he was upset. This makes no sense, and it's absolutely disgusting.
 B.E.Love
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have so much to say about this book but maybe the most important is to read this book, it's beautiful and heart wrenching. This book will leave you breathless and moved, and it's a book that will stick with you. This book is worth the read, among a sea of bad, good, and great books this one deserves your time. And two please before you start this buy at the minimum of one box of kleenex, you will need it. And just an added friendly tip if you are all cute and done up you may want to wait till ...more
Michelle
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Charlotte Chronicles by Jen Frederick
Release information: Released
Series: Jackson Boys (Spin off of Woodlands Series)
Future Release: Untitled Title
Release: 12/2015* Subject to change

The Charlotte Chronicles told the painful story of a love that was meant to be, one that had to be fought for, one that was not easy no matter how much it was fated. Charlotte, Nathan and Nick were three peas in a pod. Nick the best friend and Nathan, the boy that Charlotte loved. The one that seemed to scowl at
maggieandteddy
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh, what to say........ This book starts off with Charlotte at 15 years old & Nathan a "worldly" 17- I think.
The book immediately starts off on a very sad note- Charlotte having surgery to remove a brain tumor. It was very heavy and surreal. Charlotte's brain tumor is in the same area of the brain where my own daughter had her tumor (my daughter was 2 1/2 years old at the time). The details were very close to what we went through 20 or so years before this book was set. The 1st and 2nd
Lulu Dumonceaux
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Charlotte Chronicles has been amazing to watch as it grows from young naive love to breathlessly unbreakable passion. Having absolutely fallen in love with their parents it was easy to hope that these two would capture the love and unique friendship that has continued with these families for so many years. I love how Jen Frederick was able to keep their relationship true to Charlotte and Nate even being apart for so many years. I don't think it could have worked any other way. A must read ...more
Olga therebelreader
This book was absolutely breathtaking and heartbreaking! A good page-turner!! It was a beautiful story of the power of friendship, loss, healing and a total, unconditional love.

1. It kept me hooked from page one, 2. It kept me glued to the page because of the unexpected plot twists and turns, 3. It had enough gripping suspense, emotional tension and throbbing pathos, 4. I was mesmerized by Charlotte and Nathan. They were magic. Anyone could see that these two were meant to be, 5. I was made
Elodie
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
2 DNF-at-56% stars

Ok, the first part of the book was absolutely great, but I had to DNF this one anyway. I'm sorry but the part between 50% and 55% was too awful to ignore. It was bad. Nathan's actions didn't make sense and his way of thinking everything would be alright thanks to 6 orgasms was ridiculous. It wasn't the Nate I liked so much in the first half of the story.

To me, the most important thing in a book is realism, it's what makes you love the intrigue and the characters so much :
Jessica
Nov 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
If Part Two of the book had been as fleshed out as Part One, this could’ve worked. Alas, them meeting again after what was it again? 9 years? kinda felt anticlimactic and rushed. Also, the second part was pretty much all about the sex. What with the amount of time we spent with the characters as teenagers, I certainly expected a better story for their adult years. More emotions, more substance...
Kassiah
3-1/2 stars.

No doubt about it, Jen Frederick writes some of the hottest scenes I've ever read. And I particularly love the Woodlands series--Gray Phillips from Unraveled is one of my all time favorite guys ever. So when I realized that this series is a spin-off from that, focusing on Grace and Noah's sons (from Undeclared) and Bo and Ann-Marie's daughter (from Unspoken), I was all. over. it.

The story begins with fifteen year old Charlotte being diagnosed with Cancer. We see the special
Sammy ⭐️
Nov 30, 2014 rated it liked it
3.75 Stars

I love friends to lovers stories but what I love more is when those friends have known each other their whole lives, this is a story of young love, misunderstandings and guilt.

The story starts with Charlotte at 15 years old being prepped for surgery to remove a Brain Tumour. With her family by her side, along with her life long friends the Jackson boys. Nick also 15 is her best friend, but Nate who is 17 is the boy she sees herself spending the rest of her life with.

"Charlotte was
Paula

I just can't resist a good story where childhood friends fall in love, then something tragic happens, and the story turns into a second chance at love story - which is the main reason I decided to read this book. And I'm glad I did. This was a good book - super sexy, funny, and full of emotions. I loved Charlotte and Nathan, but their journey to finding their HEA together is one full of challenges and heartbreak. Oh the feels!

I wanted to rate this book higher, but the pacing in the
Jak jak Maldita  hijakjakm *Loathes Cheating H/h*
Dayum!

-----

"I could slap you right now." She stand up, pushing my arm away. We're about two inches apart now.

"For what? For not touching another woman in nine years? For thinking of you every minute of the day? For reading and re-reading your letters until they almost worn through?." I want to shake her, kiss her, make love to her until we can't move a finger.

She gapes at me in disbelief. "What are you talking about?"

"I haven't slept with, fucked, had a blow job, gone down on another woman,
Carmen Rae
It's been a while since I have been this conflicted over my feelings about a book. In one case I loved it, couldn't put it down BUT I was so mad with Nathan for most of the book and I really don't feel like he worked anywhere near hard enough to be allowed back in.

Where was the grovel? Seriously he needed to give me more and earn it back. Even when they were apart I really needed him to have actually been invested. Grrrrr!!! Getting mad just thinking about it.

And now I am dying to read the next
Dianne
So, how does one review a love story that wrenched every single emotion out of me, from love, to sorrow, to hate, to confusion, to wanting a do-over somewhere in the past? Thanks to Jen Frederick’s breathtaking writing, I was exhausted by the end, completely dragged through the trenches and hung out like a limp dishrag. Speaking of which, be sure to have a few tissues, a nerf ball to throw when you get angry, a sound-proof room and a lot of free reading time, because once you start, this book is ...more
Bec
Book Summary
Published by All Night Reads
Release Date - 11th December 2014.
Pages - 347
My rating - 3 Stars

Review
I really wanted to give this book five stars, the whole thing was an epic tale, starting from when Charlotte was 16 and going on from there. Nathan was a total book boyfriend contender, up until Charlotte went to Switzerland but after then I didn't crush on him the way I should've. Not to mention my biggest issue with this book - it was too bloody long. WAY TOO LONG!!! If it had've been
Sofia
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
*ARC kindly provided by All Night Reads*

First: This book is a Standalone. However, if you want to know everything about Nathan and Charlotte parents, you can read Woodlands.

Nathan is the son of Noah and Grace
Charlotte is the daughter of AnnMarie and Bo.

The Charlotte Chronicles is a journey through years and so many periods of their lifes. From childhood, when we met two kids in love for the first time, to tragic moments... and, finally, Love.

charlotte

Charlotte is a sweet girl with fifteen years old.
Lorie
……..ℒℴѵℯℒℴѵℯℒℴѵℯ
…………ℒℴѵℯℒℴѵℯ
……………ℒℴѵℯ

THIS BOOK!

"....Say it's been a long six months
And you were too afraid to tell her what you want
And that's how it works
It's how you get the girl
And then you say

I want you for worse or for better
I would wait for ever and ever
Broke your heart, I'll put it back together
I would wait for ever and ever

And that's how it works
That's how you
Heidi Chickerell
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy Smokes!!!! Nathan and Charlotte's story is one for the books!!! I fell for this story-hook, line and sinker from page one and literally felt like I was living the story throughout. I laughed, I cried, I threw my kindle and texted my Book Bestie a string of curse words. Why?! Because this book was a phenomenal read! Jen has a way of bringing you into the story and making you feel like you're part of it. The character development was perfect and I fell in love with the secondary ones too. The ...more
Sara
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read the other books and had followed this story on the authors website. So it was ice to get it and re read Charlotte and Nate's journey back to each other.
I love a good alpha male and Nate delivered. I'm a sucker for second chance romances.
Libby Harrison
H was a coward
h was whiny

Add some high school bitchy drama...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)
  • Against All Odds (Against, #1)
  • I Bet You
  • The Breakup Plan
  • Eyes Turned Skyward (Flight & Glory, #2)
  • Thin Love (Thin Love, #1)
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • A Kiss Like This (Kiss and Make Up #3)
  • I Hate You
  • Until Alex
  • Switch Hitter (Jock Hard, #0.5)
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • My Last Chance
  • Levitate
  • You and Everything After (Falling, #2)
  • Sweet Like Candy
  • Switch Bidder (Jock Hard #2.5)

Jackson Boys (2 books)
  • Be Mine
“You are mine since the day you were born and until the day we die together.” 3 likes
“Start counting, baby, because I’m going to show you exactly how long I can hold my breath.” 2 likes