Start by marking “Her Holiday Man” as Want to Read:
Her Holiday Man

Her Holiday Man

Christina Forrester is starting over. After a financial scandal sent her ex-husband to prison, she's left raising her young son without any of the comforts of their old life. Budgets, coupons, lawn care—you name it, she's learning to do it all on her own. Well, almost on her own—she'd be lost without Gail Broughton, the kind widow across the street. But when Gail's son ...more
ebook
Published November 3rd 2014 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Her Holiday Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Holiday Man

Start your review of Her Holiday Man
Jonetta
I expected a "feel good" holiday romance and was not disappointed!

Christina Forrester and her 7-year old son are starting over in a small New Hampshire town following her divorce from her former wealthy husband, now in prison for financial investment fraud. She's struggling to make ends meet but on many levels, her life is so much better. Will Broughton returns home after a 5-year absence following the death of his wife, only to find his recently widowed mother has taken Christina and her son
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This was my third Shannon Stacey, and I enjoyed it almost as much as the first two I read. But here's the problem; while they're sweet and engaging, well-written and with likable characters, there isn't much to them. I couldn't figure out why I simultaneously wanted to read more, but also felt empty after each one. Shannon Stacey's books are a lot like Twinkies; fun to eat while you're in the moment, but when they're gone, you're still hungry, you haven't contributed any nutrients to your body, ...more
Erica Paré
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super cute quick read. We are introduced to two very different people who seem to have faced lots of tragedy in their short lives. Christina is rebuilding after her husband was sent to jail for stealing peoples money, this resulted in her and her son losing everything and starting over. Will lost his wife and unborn daughter to a drunk drivers years ago. When Will's father passes away he decides to move back home to be close to his mom. Christina is living across the street and it is ...more
Crista
4 stars!

Her Holiday Man was a wonderful quick holiday read that managed to be both entertaining and touching. I love a good romance where a lonely man and a lonely one another find one another around the holidays. Add in a child, and the “making of a family” storyline is even better.

This novella features an affluent woman who has financially been devastated following her ex-husbands money laundering. She is desperately trying to make ends meet and raise her young son as a single parent.

Our hero
Kaetrin
Why I read it: I was provided with a review copy by the publisher via NetGalley.

What worked for me (and what didn't): Oh, man! I needed tissues for this book. Of course it has a HEA (it's a romance after all) but Will has been through the wringer after losing his wife and their unborn daughter shortly before Christmas a few years before the story begins. He's stayed away from his hometown at Christmas since then but, after also losing his dad suddenly six months before, he feels he needs to
Irene

Her Holiday Man was a quick, sweet and entertaining read.

My interest was held from the first page until the last.
A great holiday read.

Thank you Netgalley and Carina Press for the ARC.
Susanne
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-cry, sweet
Really nice Holiday Read!
Lawona
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave the book 4stars it was a lovely light read that had you laughing and crying and hoping that they will become a family. Will had a tragic loss of his wife a little girl. Now he feels guilty in loving his neighbor and little boy, but decides on giving love another shot.
ItsAboutTheBook
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holly
Review can be read at It's About The Book

I love Shannon Stacey’s humorous style of writing, and I’ve been a huge fan of her Kowalski series for many years. It’s fun, romantic, sexy, and always ultimately great for a belly laugh or two. But this is Shannon Stacey in a contemplative, emotional mood, and it suits the holiday season well!

Christina and her seven-year old son Nathaniel have made a new home in a small New Hampshire town. Thank goodness, because they’d had no where else to
Love Reading Romance
I’m not a huge fan of Christmas romance in general, but there comes a point in November where I feel the need to read at least a couple, in order that I don’t turn into a total Grinch, and so I was happy to find a no-risk Shannon Stacey Christmas novella to ease me into the holiday season.

Of course, being a story by Shannon Stacey, I loved Her Holiday Man. But I have to admit it wasn’t the light holiday read I was expecting. I know I’m a total wimp, but, seriously, I cried all the way through!

MBR
Will Broughton returns to his hometown, this time for good, after a couple of years away from home. The thought that his mother would be all alone during the coming holidays and even though Will knows she would put up a good front to not let anyone know how alone she was feeling is what makes Will’s decision for him. After the tragic death of his wife and unborn child, Will had found it hard to put up with the sympathy and pity of the people he’d known all his life and he’d taken off.

Christina
Lynn Spencer
3.5 stars This is the time of year that I start binge reading Christmas romances. Something about them just screams "Comfort read!" to me. I'm usually not one for children in romances, but I tend to be a bit more tolerant with my holiday stories. Perhaps that's why I downloaded Her Holiday Man. Shannon Stacey's short novella is certainly sweet, but the leads just don't have the emotional connection to make it magical.

Christina Forrester grew up wealthy and then did the expected thing by marrying
Char (1RadReader59)
When your life has been completely turned upside down of everything you lived in you become jaded. Right from wrong, good and evil, and all that lays in between.
You see Christina Forrester is in her late twenties a single mother of Nathaniel, 7. She came from a family of great wealth as well as her ex, which she married into. That all went down the drain when her husband was arrested for a financial scandal and the government ceased everything. She divorced him and now lives in New Hampshire.
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness rating 3 out of 5

Oh my goodness, Shannon Stacey is amazing! Only she can write a heartwarming Christmas story that made me sob and laugh within sentences of each other. I loved, loved, loved Her Holiday Man.

Christina Forrester may have been raised with a silver spoon in her mouth, but she's doing pretty good in the real world if she does say so herself. Sure she needs help and is thankful for the amazing neighbor that has helped her and her son so much! But, it's not like she takes
Christi Snow
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
If you're looking for a light, quick, holiday read, this is a good choice.

Will & Christina both have tragic romance histories, but they are brought together in this small town by their ties to Will's mother. The story is filled with movie-worthy holiday vignettes from decorating the houses, drinking hot chocolate, and Christmas parades, complete with snuggling-inducing fireworks in the cold outside. Every picturesque scene you imagine when you think about Christmas occurs in this
Estelle
3.5 stars.

Mini-review originally posted on Rather Be Reading Blog:

Her Holiday Man is all about second chances: Christina is on her own for the first time in her life after her husband embezzled money and Will has returned to live in his hometown, knowing full well memories of how his life should have been will be everywhere. Christina and her young son befriend Will’s mom (who is dealing with the holidays as a widow) and Will is immediately taken with the enthusiastic and sweet little boy living
Liza
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a really big fan of Shannon Stacey and was very excited to see she had a new Christmas story out this year. While her Kowalski series is my absolute favorite by Stacey, I'm very excited to read any books she writes.

I really enjoyed Her Holiday Man. I loved the strength I felt from Christina as she started her life over with her son Nathaniel. I know she didn't really feel strong all the time and was super grateful to have her neighbor Gail to help out. I loved the relationship Gail had
Alex
It was a lot of fun to jump into this holiday novella - which I should have read way before now but since the weather is keeping pretty chill, I think I'm still in time... sort of - and to met Christina and her son and the new home they made for themselves in this new town.

I loved that, while this was a small-town novella, the town never overpowered the story, it stays small, focused mostly on Will and Christina and how their relationship progresses once he returns to town to keep an eye on his
sparklyunikorn
3 stars - Adult Christmas / Contemporary Romance

After all the angst of pull-and-push thing between H and h, it ended up with...
...shining with love and contentment."

I kept turn the page back and forth, worried that I might miss the words I want to read.

After realisation hit... OH NOOO YOU DID NOT JUST DID, MS. STACEY!

That's it? I know saying I-love-yous is kinda common and cheesy but it's a declaration of something important two people who's in love deeply with each other. There's a power of
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Her Holiday Man from Carina Press via Netgalley in exchange of an honest and unbiased review*

*sighs* This story was so sweet! I loved Will, and I also loved Christina and Nathaniel! Christmas, new love, hope, and a lot of emotions concerning the past.

Full review to come soon.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Victoria
Book 5/24 of the 2015 Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge. A Romance.

Shannon Stacey is one if my favorite contemporary romance authors. The book stayed true to form and delivered a short & sweet story. Unfortunately, I felt as though the main characters could have been developed a bit more and their motivations more defined if given a chance (i.e. more word count). All in all a nice, quick read.
Philippa Lodge
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the heroine was a bit too happy about everything in spite of hard times. i get that her life is better now without the big house and snooty friends, but that she has so little regret or bitterness seems impossible.

the hero enough bitterness for both of them, maybe.

overall, a good story of two people starting over.
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Her Holiday Man was such a sweet novella, you guys!

Read my full review, originally posted on Gone with the Words
Diane
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christmas romance with two broken hearts starting fresh.
Jaime Arkin
so boring... not a favorite holiday read for sure.
Evanne Lorraine
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect end to Ms. Stacey's holiday treats, I saved all four to read again next Christmas!
Becky
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, christmas
Is there story mashup software out there that these authors use to create their plots? If so, this one stuck together two of the more overused plot lines - single mother finds a new daddy for her son mixed up with innocent rich girl finds out her sleazy husband is a con man who swindled cash from all of their friends. I'm sick of both story lines and they aren't any better together. There is more sex than I thought was necessary and yet there was never any spark between the two main characters. ...more
Simara
This is a story about two people that have gone through tragedy and hardship and find a second chance at being happy. Really enjoyable. The secondary characters were just as charming as our main couple. The Christmas theme is present but doesn’t overpower the main story about rebuilding life after loss. Very good narration as well. Recommended!
Sassafrass
*3.5 STARS*

I thought this was really cute but it needed to be longer. I really didn't feel like the relationship between Christina and Will. I thought Christina's son was adorable and he truly made the book for me. The book was predictable and ultra sweet but it was a good heartwarming story for the holidays.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Christmas at Twilight (Twilight, Texas, #5)
  • A Dash of Christmas (Montgomery Brothers)
  • A Rare Gift (Kent Brothers, #2)
  • The Christmas Dare (Twilight, Texas #10)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Christmas in Silver Bell Falls (Silver Bell Falls, #1)
  • Summer on Mirror Lake (Honeymoon Harbor)
  • It Started One Christmas
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Hearts in Darkness (Hearts in Darkness, #1)
  • Be Mine at Christmas
  • Behind His Eyes (Jetty Beach, #1)
  • The Christmas Key (Twilight, Texas #9)
  • The Lady Travelers Guide to Happily Ever After (The Lady Travelers Society, #4)
  • Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3)
  • Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5)
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • Make Me Stay (Hope, #5)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when she’s not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV.
“but kids get past things pretty quickly and none of them seem to care anymore.” 0 likes