Start by marking “Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2)

Verum

(The Nocte Trilogy #2)

The truth shall set you free.

My name is Calla Price and I’m drowning.

My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I’m being pulled under by secrets.

Can I trust anyone? I don’t know anymore.

The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything
Published February 2nd 2015 by Lakehouse Press, Inc. (first published January 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Verum, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Veronica Same. I just started reading Verum and had to stop because something wasn't right (not just the book club/concert thing, but also the whole Calla's…moreSame. I just started reading Verum and had to stop because something wasn't right (not just the book club/concert thing, but also the whole Calla's mother's past: Calla suddenly knows her mother lived at Whitley?!) At first I thought it was because it's been a year since I read Nocte, but after a long research I came to this conclusion: either Courtney Cole wanted to make us think we were crazy and imagining things or these are just plot holes. Either way, I'm very disappointed.(less)

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
SPOILER FREE REVIEW
5 Kiss Your Sanity Goodbye At The Door Stars

I'm unsafe.
And he has found me.
What a strange thought.
But then again, I'm a strange girl

I um stunned stupid. Utterly speechless. Blown the fuck away by this book. I can't even describe to you what it did to me.

I was a fan of Courtney Cole before this series, but now? I'm convinceunsafe.
Andclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
REVIEW
Jasmine
**SPOILER-FREE REVIEW**

5 STARS! ★★★★★

"We all have our parts to play, and I'll play mine well."

To say I'm left gobsmacked by this read is probably a huge understatement because let me tell you..I AM COMPLETELY STUMPED BY THIS ONE. I'm still trying to figure out how to process all my thoughts into words because this read has rendered me speechless by the end of it all. I felt like my world has spun off its aclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
REVIEW**
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!

description

Reading this book just about turned me into a loonie bird. I kid you not, I was either muttering to myself or screaming obscenities at my iPad demanding answers. By the time I got to the end, I was just gobsmacked by the final twist the author threw in. I’m talking jaw-on-the-ground, stunned speechless, repeatedly uttering WTF over and over ag
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Run, little mouse. The hawk is coming, and you’re going to get eaten.”

photo tumblr_mg9yc0rTvh1qjccmko1_500_zps598e6d54.gif

What did I just read? Its prequel stunned me with a law-dropping finale that I never saw coming, but this book kept me clueless and concocting a million different scenarios in my head until the very last page. And I still have no idea how to process all that has been unveiled and all that is yet to come. Ms Cole did not write just a sequel to an already brilliant storyline. No. She wrote a perfectly executed mind game to keep us
Brandi
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it

...
I have no idea how to review this. I spent an embarrassing amount of time, completely confused about what is actually happening in the story.

"The end is the beginning. Don’t you understand?"

Vague. That sums up about 90% of this story. Calla arrives in England, looking for answers to questions, she does not know. Apparently everyone else knows what is going on, but no one will tell Calla. Secrets are around every corner.

description

Verum has a very eerie vibe, and left me questioning everything. And while somethings are
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Verum
Series: The Nocte Trilogy #2
Author: Courtney Cole
Release date: February 2, 2015
Rating:No rating
Cliffhanger:Yes
HEA(view spoiler)

Well, she's done it again. Courtney Cole has managed to lead us down a dark and twisted path fueled by our foolish curiosity and ending in a loss of all sense of time, space, and gravity. Frankly, I didn't know what itrating
NoCole
Release#2
Peek At My Book Review
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, pnr
Rating : 4 ‘The Truth shall set you free’ Stars

description

“I’m night and he’s day. He’s whole and I’m broken.”

My Views : After being completely mind fucked description by the first book, I had some really sky-high expectations from this one…not that it wasn’t fulfilled but not in the way that I was left satisfied. Just like the first book, this one also we haveclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 ~ 4 Stars

[image error]

You know the part of the Wizard of Oz when Glinda tells Dorothy something like oh you had the power to go home all along and you’re like hold the f-up? How come every time Dorothy tried to talk to you, you quickly left in your damn bubble instead of just telling her, well this book felt like that. Every time Calla asked what has happened or what am I supposed to remember she got these types of responses:

”Why can’t you just tell me everything right now?

Because I can’t. Because things are complicated…”

Daresponses:
Stars
[image
Arabella ~♡AB♡~

I am sorry to say that I was bored for the 3 hours it took me to read this book. Nothing is real, Or is it? Is she dreaming or isn't she? It was 3 hours of nothing. And I am obviously missing the big twist because I was totally underwhelmed.

I am really hoping Lux blows me out of the water because Nocte was amazing and I loved Dare in that. In this one, not so much :(
S.M. West
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 "I'm the rabbit" STARS

"It's a rabbit hole and I'm the rabbit and I'm crazy."

verum: truth

photo VERUM_zpsb7wd6wyu.jpg

Truth. There were many truths revealed in this second book but as for which are real or imagined, your guess is as good as mine!

I'm still not sure what I read and what it means. It's l
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

“Run, little mouse. The hawk is coming, and you’re going to get eaten.”

Man !, this really know how to play with your mind.

Seriously guys, I'm a mess right now

description

It was so good !! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Again I can say that this reading is crazy, they had said to me that was like Mara Dyer style (trilogy which I love), but I do not seem to be as well, in fact I think that this book is a thousand times crazier than anmind.
Seriously
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

#VERUM brings us from Astoria, Oregon, USA to Whitley, England...

description

Do we all remember what happened in Nocte???? How it ended???

I have to admit, I did a little re-read when I found #VERUM on my kindle. But while I was doing that, I realized that I didn't forget a thing about what happened in the first book. It really was an extremely memorable story!!

Calla & Finn - the twins.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
You’re not safe, Calla. You have to come with me now. There’s something you need to know.

Verum, like Nocte, is a tenuous journey between sanity and lunacy, between deciphering reality from the chaotic depths of a lost mind. What is real and what isn't? And can a person who deems themselves crazy ever really see the truth when they don't trust their own mind to know the difference?

My mind is a hollow reed and the breeze is blowing through it, blowing all of the pieces away. I want to chas/>
Leslie
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it
OMG THIS FUCKING BOOK!

I don't think I've ever been has frustrated with a book like I was with this one!! I absolutely love the first one and was waiting anxiously for this one to come out but honestly it was really hard to get into it. At first it felt like I was going round and round in fucking circles chasing my own tail like a damn dog! I know that's exactly what the author wanted and she achieved it with flying colors but for me it kinda felt like nothing really happened. I did like the boo
warhawke
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Verum began with Calla agreeing to go to Whitley, England with Dare to her grandmother’s estate. She was supposed to be in recovery mode after learning of the truth unveiled at the end of the first book. But as she meandered through the ground of the stately estate she met new people and situations that offered more questions than answers.

Yes, that’s all I’m going to sayFemale
Norah Una Sumner
I'm so disappointed.

What the hell was this?The first one was so believable and interesting,this one is a typical freaking filler book.Ugh,I hate filler books.I need to sort my thoughts:

1.) I've suspected that Dare's step-father is Laura's brother,but I don't recall that being actually mentioned in Nocte?So,when I started reading this one I was really confused because they just insist on going to England without mentioning the connection between Dare's and Calla's family.
2.) What exactly was the point of this book? I loved the writing style in the first book bfamily.
thoughts:
interesting,this
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2) by Courtney Cole
5 stars!!

“Protect me. Protect me. Protect me.”

I have to say that when I finished this book I was speechless, my brain was frazzled and I struggled to form coherent sentences. I was totally immersed in this story and just when you think you know what is going to happen, something comes along and swipes the rug from under you. Courtney Cole has this knack of leading you one way, only to do a total 180 and take you completely in the othe/>
Nawal
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I honestly have no idea what to say or where to start because my mind is on a trip from this book.

What just happened?

I don't understand I am so confused, hence my lack of words in this review.

I don't think it's fair to talk much about the storyline because it really is 'one of those' in which one must not discuss the story with a reader who hasn't read the book yet.

Honestly, if you're looking for a good mind trip, this book should be on your list. I couldn't
Andrea
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it

F@#k!

I’m speachless…and after that ending…

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
3.5 Stars
Courtney Cole is seriously messing with me. And while I did predict much more in this than I did the first, I am still dying with anticipation with what exactly will be and will happen in book three.

Once again this was a crazy messed up ride and I loved every single minute of it, even the predictable parts and even the parts the contradicted each other, however frustrating it was at times.

I don't know how she does it, but she manages to suck me right into t
Paige
Ughhhhhh. I honestly don't think I could explain what I just read if someone paid me to.
More secrets.
More fear.
More uncertainty.
Add in a total change of direction.
More change in actual events.
And I'm lost.
Maybe I'm not smart enough to read this series.
Or maybe this genre just isn't my bag.
But I will persevere through the end because I need to know what in the world is actually going on.

Edited:
This one took such turn that I felt like I was reading a completely different story
Jessica~loves to hate a cliffy~
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
4.5 WTF Stars

All it took was the prologue and I was like...

I'm going to describe my feelings in Gif's for this whole book because words just don't do it

4.5 WTF Stars

All it took was the prologue and I was like...

Then that ending! I need the next one now!!!

Dvillalobos
Verum
UNBELIEVABLE! Literally..I’m absolutely astounded. What in the hell am I to believe?? How evil of Miss Courtney to leave me this way. I didn’t read in the blurb that it was suggested to have a dose of valium to survive this. WHAT..IN..THE..HELL???

I’m not sure my review will stray too far off the path of the rave reviews that most likely preceed it but I’m going to try to make it at original as I can.

Verum a mind fuck?…more like MIND MUTILATING! I’m so twisted right now emotionally and me/>
Laurie –A Court of Books–
2.3 STARS.

SO DISSAPOINTED.

And without the end it would have been almost a 1.
“Don’t feel sorry for me,” he says icily. “People generally deserve what they get”

All right, I deserve my disappointment for having to high expectations for this book.
Or perhaps Courtney Cole deserves my two stars.

In this book we follow Calla in Great Britain with Dare. I mean, come on, this had everything to be perfection.
Except it wasn’t. I loved the crazy part in the previous book, because to me it was attached to Finn, but now, with Calla there is no balance. The book is not halfway cr1.
STARS.
SO
Sammy ⭐️
Nov 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, 3-star
I don't know how to rate this

I don't know what the hell is going on

I'm completely lost and need some alone time with my thoughts

WTF did I just read

Even after sleeping on it, I'm still none the wiser. There were so many twists and turns that I couldn't keep up. I don't feel like I learnt anything new, because what the hell was real and which bits were in Calla's dreams. I'm praying that Lux is epic because right now I'm just not feeling this.
Mallory
4 utterly confused stars

I'm confused. Loved this, but I'm so confused. I need to know what the heck is going on!
Brie ♡••
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
description
I am only 20% in and I am a mess. My heart cracked at the end of book 1. Why???? I can't help it. I burst into tears just at the mention of it.
(view spoiler)

Update
So I finished it. It was OK. It didn't blow my mind. I still despise Dare. I mean what kind of
Melanie
Sep 13, 2015 rated it liked it

1.) Nocte ★★★

"He takes my hand and I follow him,
Because I’d follow him to the ends of the earth."

Sabrina
Checkout my full review of The Nocte Trilogy on my blog! *No Spoilers* http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

"Who is dead? Alive? Insane?

What is the truth?
I don't know."

Where do I begin? Where do I freaking begin????
I am crying.
I am in shock.
And I don't know what to believe anymore.
This series has shaken me to my core.

It's confusing, it's twisted, it's dark, and it's scary.

I can't put into words of how moved I am by this series but this series needs more, deserves more, recognition./>
Vani
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
ALGUIEN ME PUEDE EXPLICAR QUÉ ACABA DE PASAR?
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 23, 2016 07:33PM
New Adult Book Club: #177/15 Verum (Nocte #2) by Courtney Cole 50 61 Dec 14, 2015 09:09AM
Did I miss a book between Nocte and Verum? 3 68 Jul 21, 2015 08:31AM
Currently Reading > confused already. Help! 4 76 Mar 01, 2015 01:51AM

• An Eternity of Eclipse (An Eternity of Eclipse #1)
  • The Realm of You
  • Asylum
  • Nearly Mended (Nearly, #2)
  • Ripple Effect:  Episode 3 (Ripple Effect, #3)
  • The Contradiction of Solitude
  • Bury Me
  • First Impressions (April Loves Black Coffee, #1)
  • A Pretty Pill (A Pretty Pill, #1)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Episodes 1 - 5 (The My Masters' Nightmare Collection, #1)
  • The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time, #1)
  • Beautiful Nightmares (Asylum, #3)
  • Made (Sempre, #0.4)
  • Addicted After All (Addicted, #3)
  • Enthrall Him (Enthrall, #3)
  • King of Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Push (Push, #1)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She loves giving advice, loving on her kids, red lipstick and blonde hair dye.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about Courtney and her books at www.courtneycolewrites.com

Find her on Facebook at:

The Nocte Trilogy (4 books)
  • Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy, #1)
  • Lux (The Nocte Trilogy, #3)
  • Dare Me (The Nocte Trilogy, #3.5)
“Run, little mouse. The hawk is coming, and you’re going to get eaten.” 14 likes
“Dear Reader, Dante Alighieri said, in his Inferno:   "Do not be afraid; our fate cannot be taken from us; it is a gift.” Dante lied.   Our fate must be worked for.  It must be paid for.  With tears.  With blood.  With everything we have.  And it is not until the end,  the very end,  that we will know if it was worth it.” 13 likes