Start by marking “Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2)

Verum (The Nocte Trilogy #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,073 Ratings  ·  733 Reviews
The truth shall set you free.

My name is Calla Price and I’m drowning.

My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I’m being pulled under by secrets.

Can I trust anyone? I don’t know anymore.

The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything is pulled out from under me.

I’m entangle
Published February 2nd 2015 by Lakehouse Press, Inc. (first published January 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Verum, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Veronica Same. I just started reading Verum and had to stop because something wasn't right (not just the book club/concert thing, but also the whole Calla's…moreSame. I just started reading Verum and had to stop because something wasn't right (not just the book club/concert thing, but also the whole Calla's mother's past: Calla suddenly knows her mother lived at Whitley?!) At first I thought it was because it's been a year since I read Nocte, but after a long research I came to this conclusion: either Courtney Cole wanted to make us think we were crazy and imagining things or these are just plot holes. Either way, I'm very disappointed.(less)
Confess by Colleen HooverNever Never by Colleen HooverBeautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuireNovember 9 by Colleen HooverThoughtful by S.C. Stephens
Most Anticipated Romances of 2015
62nd out of 1,419 books — 6,241 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyKyland by Mia SheridanManwhore by Katy Evans
Top Romances Of 2015
87th out of 520 books — 2,042 voters

More lists with this book...

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
SPOILER FREE REVIEW
5 Kiss Your Sanity Goodbye At The Door Stars

I'm unsafe.
And he has found me.
What a strange thought.
But then again, I'm a strange girl

I um stunned stupid. Utterly speechless. Blown the fuck away by this book. I can't even describe to you what it did to me.

I was a fan of Courtney Cole before this series, but now? I'm convinced that the woman is an evil genius. I don't even want to know what went on inside her head as she was writing it. But I can definitely tell you what went o
Jasmine
**SPOILER-FREE REVIEW**

5 STARS!

"We all have our parts to play, and I'll play mine well."

To say I'm left gobsmacked by this read is probably a huge understatement because let me tell you..I AM COMPLETELY STUMPED BY THIS ONE. I'm still trying to figure out how to process all my thoughts into words because this read has rendered me speechless by the end of it all. I felt like my world has spun off its axis because there was just no telling which way is up or down.

If you think Nocte was all kind
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!

description

Reading this book just about turned me into a loonie bird. I kid you not, I was either muttering to myself or screaming obscenities at my iPad demanding answers. By the time I got to the end, I was just gobsmacked by the final twist the author threw in. I’m talking jaw-on-the-ground, stunned speechless, repeatedly uttering WTF over and over again kind of twist. I never saw it coming. But first, I need to backtrack to the beginning...

description

This book picks up directly after the cliffy ending of
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jan 29, 2015 Natasha is a Book Junkie rated it it was amazing
“Run, little mouse. The hawk is coming, and you’re going to get eaten.”

photo tumblr_mg9yc0rTvh1qjccmko1_500_zps598e6d54.gif

What did I just read? Its prequel stunned me with a law-dropping finale that I never saw coming, but this book kept me clueless and concocting a million different scenarios in my head until the very last page. And I still have no idea how to process all that has been unveiled and all that is yet to come. Ms Cole did not write just a sequel to an already brilliant storyline. No. She wrote a perfectly executed mind game to
Brandi
Apr 29, 2015 Brandi rated it really liked it

...
I have no idea how to review this. I spent an embarrassing amount of time, completely confused about what is actually happening in the story.

"The end is the beginning. Don’t you understand?"

Vague. That sums up about 90% of this story. Calla arrives in England, looking for answers to questions, she does not know. Apparently everyone else knows what is going on, but no one will tell Calla. Secrets are around every corner.

description

Verum has a very eerie vibe, and left me questioning everything. And
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Verum
Series: The Nocte Trilogy #2
Author: Courtney Cole
Release date: February 2, 2015
Rating:No rating
Cliffhanger:Yes
HEA(view spoiler)

Well, she's done it again. Courtney Cole has managed to lead us down a dark and twisted path fueled by our foolish curiosity and ending in a loss of all sense of time, space, and gravity. Frankly, I didn't know what it was I just read, but it wasn't like anything I have ever seen before. It's virtually impossible to keep your mind from sp
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 14, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
3.75 ~ 4 Stars

description

You know the part of the Wizard of Oz when Glinda tells Dorothy something like oh you had the power to go home all along and you’re like hold the f-up? How come every time Dorothy tried to talk to you, you quickly left in your damn bubble instead of just telling her, well this book felt like that. Every time Calla asked what has happened or what am I supposed to remember she got these types of responses:

”Why can’t you just tell me everything right now?

Because I can’t. Because thin
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Feb 08, 2015 Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Rating : 4 ‘The Truth shall set you free’ Stars

description

“I’m night and he’s day. He’s whole and I’m broken.”

My Views : After being completely mind fucked description by the first book, I had some really sky-high expectations from this one…not that it wasn’t fulfilled but not in the way that I was left satisfied. Just like the first book, this one also we have suspense as from page 1 and then it’s completely at the end that we uncover the truth which is good but I felt quite bored in the middledescription.

Moreover, I coul
Arabella ~♡AB♡~

I am sorry to say that I was bored for the 3 hours it took me to read this book. Nothing is real, Or is it? Is she dreaming or isn't she? It was 3 hours of nothing. And I am obviously missing the big twist because I was totally underwhelmed.

I am really hoping Lux blows me out of the water because Nocte was amazing and I loved Dare in that. In this one, not so much :(
Suzanne
Oct 04, 2015 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 "I'm the rabbit" STARS

"It's a rabbit hole and I'm the rabbit and I'm crazy."

verum: truth

photo VERUM_zpsb7wd6wyu.jpg

Truth. There were many truths revealed in this second book but as for which are real or imagined, your guess is as good as mine!

I'm still not sure what I read and what it means. It's like I was given more puzzle pieces but it's not for the puzzle I'm working on!

photo image.jpg1_zpsow5nsuyt.jpg

This was frustrating and confusing as hell yet I was glued to my Kindle. I couldn't put it down. I needed to know what was going to happen...
Sofii♡

“Run, little mouse. The hawk is coming, and you’re going to get eaten.”

Man !, this really know how to play with your mind.

Seriously guys, I'm a mess right now

description

It was so good !! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Again I can say that this reading is crazy, they had said to me that was like Mara Dyer style (trilogy which I love), but I do not seem to be as well, in fact I think that this book is a thousand times crazier than anyone I have read before .

I think this trilogy deserves many more readers!. It's so
Aestas Book Blog
Holy #%$@!!!! I need this book yesterday!!!

Book #1 review http://bit.ly/1tAl66H

RELEASING: FEB 2015
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
You’re not safe, Calla. You have to come with me now. There’s something you need to know.

Verum, like Nocte, is a tenuous journey between sanity and lunacy, between deciphering reality from the chaotic depths of a lost mind. What is real and what isn't? And can a person who deems themselves crazy ever really see the truth when they don't trust their own mind to know the difference?

My mind is a hollow reed and the breeze is blowing through it, blowing all of the pieces away. I want to chase the
Leslie
Feb 10, 2015 Leslie rated it liked it
OMG THIS FUCKING BOOK!

I don't think I've ever been has frustrated with a book like I was with this one!! I absolutely love the first one and was waiting anxiously for this one to come out but honestly it was really hard to get into it. At first it felt like I was going round and round in fucking circles chasing my own tail like a damn dog! I know that's exactly what the author wanted and she achieved it with flying colors but for me it kinda felt like nothing really happened. I did like the boo
warhawke
Feb 04, 2015 warhawke rated it it was amazing
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Verum began with Calla agreeing to go to Whitley, England with Dare to her grandmother’s estate. She was supposed to be in recovery mode after learning of the truth unveiled at the end of the first book. But as she meandered through the ground of the stately estate she met new people and situations that offered more questions than answers.

Yes, that’s all I’m going to say about the storyline because you have to experience it yourself. Let it take you down the rab
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 01, 2015 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it it was amazing
Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2) by Courtney Cole
5 stars!!

“Protect me. Protect me. Protect me.”

I have to say that when I finished this book I was speechless, my brain was frazzled and I struggled to form coherent sentences. I was totally immersed in this story and just when you think you know what is going to happen, something comes along and swipes the rug from under you. Courtney Cole has this knack of leading you one way, only to do a total 180 and take you completely in the other direction
Paige
Ughhhhhh. I honestly don't think I could explain what I just read if someone paid me to.
More secrets.
More fear.
More uncertainty.
Add in a total change of direction.
More change in actual events.
And I'm lost.
Maybe I'm not smart enough to read this series.
Or maybe this genre just isn't my bag.
But I will persevere through the end because I need to know what in the world is actually going on.

Edited:
This one took such turn that I felt like I was reading a completely different story.
Andrea
Feb 09, 2015 Andrea rated it really liked it

F@#k!

I’m speachless…and after that ending…

Nawal
Sep 22, 2015 Nawal rated it really liked it
I honestly have no idea what to say or where to start because my mind is on a trip from this book.

What just happened?

I don't understand I am so confused, hence my lack of words in this review.

I don't think it's fair to talk much about the storyline because it really is 'one of those' in which one must not discuss the story with a reader who hasn't read the book yet.

Honestly, if you're looking for a good mind trip, this book should be on your list. I couldn't stop reading because the story had m
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

#VERUM brings us from Astoria, Oregon, USA to Whitley, England...

description

Do we all remember what happened in Nocte???? How it ended???

I have to admit, I did a little re-read when I found #VERUM on my kindle. But while I was doing that, I realized that I didn't forget a thing about what happened in the first book. It really was an extremely memorable story!!

Calla & Finn - the twins. The first book was told from both their POVs, only as it turned out in the end... PLEASE STOP READING NOW, IF YOU HAVEN
SKH Scarlett is ✿Crazy4 R A I S Y
This book is a giant, steaming pot of mind-fvckery. My head is spinning. Seriously, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?

First of all, I'm toggling between the five stars. Typically, I give books five stars if I love and enjoy them to the point of chest pains. But no, this book didn't give me chest pains. I'm stunned. Stunned stupid! Yes, this book stunned me. I don't even know what to think. So many confused and gasp moments are held in this book, so many times I freaked out. I hate love this book with
Norah Una Sumner
I'm so disappointed.

What the hell was this?The first one was so believable and interesting,this one is a typical freaking filler book.Ugh,I hate filler books.I need to sort my thoughts:

1.) I've suspected that Dare's step-father is Laura's brother,but I don't recall that being actually mentioned in Nocte?So,when I started reading this one I was really confused because they just insist on going to England without mentioning the connection between Dare's and Calla's family.
2.) What exactly was the
Jessica~loves to hate a cliffy~
Feb 09, 2015 Jessica~loves to hate a cliffy~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
4.5 WTF Stars

All it took was the prologue and I was like...

I'm going to describe my feelings in Gif's for this whole book because words just don't do it

Then that ending! I need the next one now!!!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Mar 24, 2015 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
3.5 Stars
Courtney Cole is seriously messing with me. And while I did predict much more in this than I did the first, I am still dying with anticipation with what exactly will be and will happen in book three.

Once again this was a crazy messed up ride and I loved every single minute of it, even the predictable parts and even the parts the contradicted each other, however frustrating it was at times.

I don't know how she does it, but she manages to suck me right into the story and I have to read it
Darcy/ Twisted Sisters' Book Reviews
Verum
UNBELIEVABLE! Literally..I’m absolutely astounded. What in the hell am I to believe?? How evil of Miss Courtney to leave me this way. I didn’t read in the blurb that it was suggested to have a dose of valium to survive this. WHAT..IN..THE..HELL???

I’m not sure my review will stray too far off the path of the rave reviews that most likely preceed it but I’m going to try to make it at original as I can.

Verum a mind fuck?…more like MIND MUTILATING! I’m so twisted right now emotionally and me
Sammy ⭐️
I don't know how to rate this

I don't know what the hell is going on

I'm completely lost and need some alone time with my thoughts

WTF did I just read

Even after sleeping on it, I'm still none the wiser. There were so many twists and turns that I couldn't keep up. I don't feel like I learnt anything new, because what the hell was real and which bits were in Calla's dreams. I'm praying that Lux is epic because right now I'm just not feeling this.
Mallory
4 utterly confused stars

I'm confused. Loved this, but I'm so confused. I need to know what the heck is going on!
Laurie
Mar 18, 2015 Laurie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
2.3 STARS.

SO DISSAPOINTED.

And without the end it would have been almost a 1.
“Don’t feel sorry for me,” he says icily. “People generally deserve what they get”

All right, I deserve my disappointment for having to high expectations for this book.
Or perhaps Courtney Cole deserves my two stars.

In this book we follow Calla in Great Britain with Dare. I mean, come on, this had everything to be perfection.
Except it wasn’t. I loved the crazy part in the previous book, because to me it was attached to F
BookLover
Feb 13, 2016 BookLover rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviews, na, ts, 2015-release
I’m sad to say that this story did not work for me at all. I love Courtney Cole’s “Beautifully Broken” series and I really liked the first book in this series.

I found the book repetitive (view spoiler) and didn’t feel a lot really actually happened.

And after reading the “cliffhanger” ending, I’m not really sure what heck actually happened. (view spoiler)
Brendy
Feb 27, 2016 Brendy rated it it was amazing
So, me at the end...
description

In the middle of the book:

And then...
description

So I can say that everything sums up on this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm having deja vu of that Nicole Kidman movie The others and I'm pretty sure told me that something similar happened in that Anime Captain Tsubasa or something like that . HUH! yeah I know...a bit crazy

This one was crazier than the first one and it made spill a tiny tear at the end...it was pretty good, like trying t
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 24, 2016 03:33AM
New Adult Book Club: #177/15 Verum (Nocte #2) by Courtney Cole 50 59 Dec 14, 2015 05:09PM
Did I miss a book between Nocte and Verum? 3 63 Jul 21, 2015 04:31PM
Currently Reading > confused already. Help! 4 72 Mar 01, 2015 09:51AM
  • Eon & Eona, a Duology Series
  • Arrow to the Soul (No Mercy, #2)
  • Asylum
  • The Realm of You: A Novel
  • The End of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, Book 4)
  • Delinquents (Dusty, #2)
  • The Dragon and the Rose (Celestra Forever After, #2)
  • Enthrall Him (Enthrall Sessions, #3)
  • The Devil's Contract (Contracts & Deceptions, #1)
  • The Contradiction of Solitude
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Thrive (Addicted, #2.5)
  • The Traveling Man (Traveling, #1)
  • King of Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Push (Push, #1)
  • Beautiful Nightmares (Asylum, #3)
  • Nearly Mended (Nearly, #2)
  • The Book of Shade
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She has a degree in Business, but has since discovered that corporate America is not nearly as fun to live in as fictional worlds.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about
More about Courtney Cole...

The Nocte Trilogy (3 books)
  • Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy, #1)
  • Lux (The Nocte Trilogy, #3)

“Dear Reader, Dante Alighieri said, in his Inferno:   "Do not be afraid; our fate cannot be taken from us; it is a gift.” Dante lied.   Our fate must be worked for.  It must be paid for.  With tears.  With blood.  With everything we have.  And it is not until the end,  the very end,  that we will know if it was worth it.” 10 likes
“Run, little mouse. The hawk is coming, and you’re going to get eaten.” 10 likes