Start by marking “Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14)” as Want to Read:
Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14)

Shards of Hope

(Psy-Changeling #14)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  11,797 ratings  ·  1,177 reviews
The “smoldering heat, epic romance, and awesome action” of Nalini Singh’s New York Times bestselling series continues as two Arrows find themselves caught in a chilling conspiracy that spans all three races…

Awakening wounded in a darkened cell, their psychic abilities blocked, Aden and Zaira know they must escape. But when the lethal soldiers break free from their mysterio
Published June 2nd 2015 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Shards of Hope, please sign up.
Gundega (Rouzmary) At the beginning of the book in Cast of Characters she's listed as Zaira Neve

·  11,797 ratings  ·  1,177 reviews

Lila
Edit: 06/20/2015

4,5 stars

I read several times Nalini saying how she always had a plan; how she knew where story is going from the start.
It was never more obvious than here.
In Shards of Hope, the longest Psy/Changeling book to date, every thread woven, every character introduced, every alliance made and bridge mended through course of series comes together perfectly to round a story about a society emerging into new era.

Shards is happening only four months after Kaleb made a big announcement and
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
I liked this book but it didn't wow me. I tend to find most psy/psy couples boring as psy don't show a lot of personality they tend to fall flat. However I didn't find Zaira flat. Nope she was bat shit crazy. Just sayin'! I liked her but every time she talk about her rage monster I'd have flashes of the movie anger management were Nate was yelling "The anger sharks are swimming in my head!" lol. I also really liked Aden so a good 4 star read for me. I still think Ming is lame as shit.
Blacky *Romance Addict*

"Why did he persist in believing himself Silent? He cared. Aden had always cared. It was the biggest open secret in the squad. It was why they all fought so furiously for him and with him. Because Aden came back for his people. He’d come back for her."

This is the perfect "in-between plots" book. There's a great couple that holds it together, we see all the favorite characters from previous books (but they are not overwhelming in appearances, just a hint for us to be happy XD), we are introduce
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4 Stars

So I'm gonna start this off with a story...

description

...A story about a conversation that many of us readers can probably relate to....

As many of us do, I read all kinds of random shit - vampires, werewolves, gay orc lords, fairies, bdsm, high school teenie bopper love - whatever, bring it on.

And my husband knows this.

And usually teases me about it all quite mercilessly.

Thus, everyday when he asks his daily questions of husbandly interest - "What are you reading? Is it good?" - My usual respon
Kristen
4 1/2 Stars!

I loved this book but it was also a bittersweet read for me.

REVIEW TO COME SOON!

March 1, 2015 Orginal Post

WooHoo!!!

Just got home from the trip of a lifetime and discovered a fantastic surprise in my mailbox—an ARC from my favorite author for the 14th book in her Psy-Changeling series, SHARDS OF HOPE.

I can't wait to read Aden and Zaira's story.

I LOVE THIS SERIES!

photo BD8DB21E-1D5A-4FA3-888D-8CA4B9B09B90.jpg

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review
Ferdy
Spoilers

This was disappointing. I was expecting Aden's story to be great after all the build up he and the Arrows got, but I was mostly bored by him and his relationship with Zaira/the Arrows. It didn't help that the story and the dynamics between characters were very similar to the last few books in the series, there was nothing new or exciting or interesting about any of it.

Liked:

-The secondary characters were fun to read about, especially Nikita, Anthony, Kaleb, and Sienna.

-It was easy to im
Jen Davis
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me why the Psy-Changeling series is one of my absolute favorites. Nalini Singh accomplishes several things here. First and foremost, she creates a satisfying and emotional romance between the enigmatic Arrow leader Aden and his damaged fellow soldier Zaira. But she also sets up a fantastic new arc to carry the series forward, with a new mysterious villain; and she introduces a wealth of new characters who can create a fertile breeding ground for future stories. Pretty impressi ...more
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Nalini Singh is the best when it comes to Paranormal Romance/Sci-Fi Romance. I enjoy this series immensely. She has created a universe, so vast, so expansive, so complex yet so vivid and alive. Aden and Zaira made a great couple, not my favorite although I love them a characters in this series but I enjoyed their interaction.

Angela Dawe is amazing as always.
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Really great addition to this series. I loved Aden but I really loved the heroine. We a glimpse of a lot of past characters too - and the plot moves forward well.

Love that it was two Arrows put together, and love how protective the heroine is over the hero. Well done.
Maya
After awhile I finally started to read this series and I really liked it. There's a reason why I love Nalini Singh and it's her effortless writing and incredible imagination that makes every story work for me. I love the characters, although this time Zaira did get slightly repeatable about how she's mad and not good enough for Aden. But in the end, what an alpha want, the alpha gets. The plot is of course super detailed and we do get a new huge enemy that we also have in the next books, also ne ...more
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
I don't have much - or anything really - to add this time around. I loved the story (again) and I adore these characters. If you want to see how to write a paranormal romance heroine with issues usually reserved for the heroes, this is the book. You can't get any more possessive than Zaira and I loved her.
---
Still good. I have a feeling I loved these characters even more this time (if that's possible). Aden's speciality is extraordinary.

Kaleb Krychek's opinion on Aden: “I have a feeling even if
Jilly
I like books that have assassins and lethal killers as the heroes. I also love it when they do their job and kill people. Call me crazy, but I like my cold-hearted killers to actually be cold-hearted killers. Weird, huh?
Do your job!

he gets it!

In this book we get to look at the deadliest psy group on the planet, the Arrows. They all have some sort of psychic powers that are so dangerous that their parents give them up to be trained assassins when they are toddlers. The training has always been br
Esra
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was just amazing. This is the book where the storyline ends and new one begins. Nalini singh introduced us new changeling packs and new arrows. All of them have huge potentials.

I would love to read more about remi's pack and lion changelings . I'm curious about water changelings but they seems sneaky :D

Aden and zaira are just plain cute and they're perfect together. aden's power is so awesome

even Kaleb questioned himself against the power of aden. And nalini made a right decision about give
Douglas Meeks
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I waited 24 hours to even start this review so I did not sound like some gibbering fan, it was hard. First of all, this book might not have the same effect on people that have not been through all of the previous 13 books, this is the culmination of a lot of things and it was awesome (and I dislike using that word usually).

Before I get into a few details let me make sure you understand that this book is a progression of this series, it builds on things that happened in previous books and without
Kathleen
(Contents: compared to prequels, this is a longer book, with fewer and shorter sex scenes, and not as much cussing or profanity. Fine by me!).

Here is my first reaction to the story. My gut reaction. It may change after a second listen. Decent narration by Angela Dawe. In some books, her cadence becomes sing-songy, lulling me to sleep. Not here. In fact, the narration was better than the story itself, in my view.

Don't get me wrong....I did enjoy the story, which takes place 4 months after Silenc
Robin (Bridge Four)
When you have read thirteen (more if you’ve read the novellas) books in a series you think that maybe it should start getting dull…maybe I should be over this world and the characters in it…maybe there isn’t any more to discover….Then, if you are like me, you read the fourteenth and decide nope still interesting, still new facets, still love seeing glimpses of old characters too. Actually sometimes those scenes with prior characters steal the show.

I will admit that prior to Heart of Obsidian I
Lady Heather
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of nalini singh's psy-changeling series
 photo shards of hope.jpg

5 Amazing "I-can-no-longer-be-Silent stars"!

There are so many reasons why I look forward to reading Nalini Singh's serials (I have a tendency to loose interest in a series around the 6-7th book. "I" find the stories get too repetitive and loose their 'fresh' story-lines), and one of those reasons is that her story-lines continue to flow smoothly from one book to the next without 'repeating' a previous story.

Once again, Ms. Singh has brought her readers to the amazing world where Psy, changelin
Ami
Aug 13, 2015 marked it as dnf
DNF at 43%

When the book first came out, I couldn't gather enough enthusiasm to read it right away. I had a bad feeling in my gut that I would not enjoy it as I did with previous books. I hate to be right.

I cannot believe I am going to say this to one of my favorites ever -- but I'm quitting the Psy/Changeling series. I realized after Kaleb's book, which was basically the end of 'the first arc', that I was no longer interested with the rest of the characters. Yes, I was able to give Vasic's book
Izy
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating~ 4.75 stars

Update 30 Oct'2014 JUST LOOK AT THAT COVER!!!

Update Oct 16th'2014: IT HAS A BLURB and A TITLE !!! Just look.

it doesn't even have a date yet it just says 2015:

IT ALSO MAKES ME WANT TO LOSE MY MIND !!!

Finally Aden's book.

Nalini singh confirmed that this will be Aden's book on twitter YAY !!!
Julia's Book Haven
It is amazing to me that this series is 14 books strong and still so amazing! This author brings her A game for every book, the writing never dips and the story is always so consuming. I loved loved loved this book. Aden was sweet, protective and a damn badass lol. And Zaira is now one of my favourite heroines in this series. She was just so possessive and protective and that's not something you get from heroine's a lot. It was a nice change. And I just really liked how she was sort of weird lol ...more
Tori
In a series built on alpha over protective heroes, it's nice to see an alpha over protective heroine for once. I've waited a long time for Aden's story and Singh blows me out of the water in Shards of Hope. Not only in terms of protagonists but in the way she advances the arc, introduces new characters, and effortlessly continues to change the characterization of an entire race. A fabulous series that continues to grow by leaps and bounds.
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
As I finish the fourteenth installment of my all times favorite series I wonder, was Nalini Singh planning this all along? Does all of it make sense out of luck and good writing, or are all the reminders that Harry has his mother's eyes crucial to Severus' actions through the books?

Because if you told me that the woman who started as a flawed, lonely individual of an emotionless race would become a mother, a mate, a friend, a healer and an outstanding Alpha of one of the most powerful changeling
AvidReader
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb!!!!
As always I loved Nalini singh's book. It was action packed, romantic, emotional read , what more does anyone want? I adored Aden and Zaira. It was refreshing to read from different point of views and the book ended with new promise for the world.
I especially loved the interaction between Arrow children and adult. I am eagerly waiting for her novellas! Specifically arrow novellas.
I will recommend this series to everyone who loves romance and action with slight twist.

And totally forgot
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read: 2-3 june 2015
I love, love, love this book and series! Nalini is taking the series in a wonderful direction.

Nalini Q&A on FB, I cleaned it up a bit :)

2nd read: 3- June 2017
Alex is The Romance Fox
Shards of Hope is book 14 in Nalini Singh’s Psy/Changeling series, and finally we get Aden’s story, which I was eagerly waiting for.

I fell totally in love with Aden. He’s one of the most complex characters in this incredible world that the author has created.
 photo cadce4e045ffe11ec9779fea8386368c_zpsnijuzvak.jpg
His dedication towards the Arrow world was extraordinary and I was blown away by the way he dedicated himself to his people.
“My job is to make sure no one is left behind.” Aden would never abandon any of his men or women in the dark.”
I
Under the Covers Book Blog

Was anyone else desperate for Aden’s book? He is the quiet unassuming leader of the Arrows, the Psy hit squad, but we all know that still waters run deep, especially in the romance universe. So I was expecting another instalment in the Psy Changeling series blazing with passion and romance as another Psy has his Silence shattered. However, it wasn’t quite the book that I was both expecting and hoping for.

In terms of the romance, Aden and Zaira were great together, they were both Arrows, so both

Mei
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Simply: BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Just when I think nothing can be better than the last book, Ms. Singh surprises me!

The whole series is fantastic and each book makes it only better and more interesting!

Here the story gets more complicated with the appearance of the Consortium. That's the new enemy and threat. And it is sooo cunning!!! So it brings new questions: who are they? What will happen next? Because here nothing is resolved: just hints are given for future development!

The love story, as there's alwa
Melanie
PERFECTION!

I loved it - the perfect story for Aden, and the perfect plot that propels the series to new and great heights.

I can't wait to read what Nalini Singh has in store for the Psy-Changeling world next. She's sowed some interesting seeds... Chris and Amin, Tamar and Axl, Nikita and Anthony (I'm thinking these too would make a great novella!)... not too mention all the new changelings we've met.

Until the next one though, I'll have to content myself with rereading all the awesome books in
arissa

This book was amazing and has so many parallels with Heart of Obsidian. I couldn't stop from comparing these two books, Zaira with Kaleb (her possessiveness) I loved everything.

Nalini Singh hardly disappoints.

For now I wonder who is that mysterious leader, is him/her a known character?

Ps: The arrow children are the most adorable ever. I want to hug them all.
Ellie
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review - 1 June 2015

This is the latest instalment in my favourite paranormal series and I was excited to read more about the world after the fall of Silence. It turned out to be such a turbulent journey, full of unexpected and sweet, a pleasure to follow through. I just bow my head to Ms Singh for the absolutely amazing paranormal world she has created in this series and the way she keeps elaborating and expanding it with each new book. There is so much going on, so much depth that it never
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Shards of Hope [Oct 1, 2019] 1 3 Sep 23, 2018 05:16AM
Shut Up & Read: Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh 27 19 Oct 09, 2015 07:22PM
The Challenge Fac...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Angie & Ora - Shards of Hope 13 31 Jun 15, 2015 12:36AM
Nalini Singh Fans: Shards of Hope (#14) 311 207 Jun 09, 2015 03:27PM

• An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Bite Me (Pride, #9)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Heartless (The House of Rohan, #5)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
  • Touch of Seduction (Primal Instinct, #4)
  • Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #15)
  • Shadowdance (Darkest London, #4)
  • Shifter Planet
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)
“Every white knight needed a deadly black sword at his back.” 24 likes
“If I take you,” she said, and it was a warning, “I’ll keep you. Always.” 18 likes