Start by marking “Return of the Dragon Riders (Dragon Stone Saga #2)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Dragon Riders (Dragon Stone Saga #2)

Return of the Dragon Riders

(Dragon Stone Saga #2)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  856 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews

Published by Defiant Press (first published September 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Dragon Riders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Dragon Riders

Michelle
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mommy Bookworm’s Thoughts: Here is what I wrote on Amazon on 10/14/11 when I finished the book….. “I received a copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. Once again, I loved, loved, loved the book! It is another page-turner from start to end. Personally, I feel the Prologue, which summarizes Book 1, doesn’t flow as easily as it could. However, once past the Prologue, it is a page-turner right to the very last page! It is full of surprises and intrigue along the way. T ...more
Fran
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Return of the Dragon Riders
Kristian Alva

Elias is a teenage boy left with a huge burden. Can this teen be the salvage of an entire face? The fate of the dragon’s and their cities is in the hands of Elias. Fining a green emerald dragon stone and not returning it to its rightful place set off a chain of events that cost his grandmother her life, leaving his home and a price placed on his head. The evilness of one Emperor so greedy, so hungry for power that nothing will stop him until he destroys ev
Dave Neuendorf
A decent continuation of the trilogy. There are some surprises, but the plot is mostly predictable for a coming of age wizard fantasy. There's still no explanation of any magic system. A good beginning for the relationship of dragon and rider, but so far there's no sign of any kind of romance. Of course, the protagonist is only fifteen, so he has plenty of time, but what's a fantasy without a romance?
Susan
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 picks up right where Book 1 left off. Elias is pulled up into a new world. one where great things are expected of him because of this prophesy. Pf course, this makes him a major target for the evil Vosper and his allies. The few remaining dragon riders have one last refuge, the city of Parthos. Elias and his new friends face many foes in this book and sometimes Elias isn’t too sure who his friends are.

While we have yet to meet the evil Vosper, we do get to see plenty of his badguy handy w
Jessica
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I read the first book of this series last summer and really enjoyed the story, so when I saw that the author had released the other two without me even realizing it, I knew that I had to read them! I'm so happy to say that the story was just as interesting and left me yet again yearning for me!

I normally don't read fantasy, but there's something about this series that is so good! Elias is still on the run from the emperor while the few remaining dragon riders go out to find him to try and save t
Jill Swanson-Diaz
I am hosting a great giveaway for a complete set of the Dragon Stone Saga!
6/22/12 - 7/6/12
I was extremely excited when Defiant Press contacted me to review this series. This type of science fiction and fantasy usually isn't given enough attention in the Young Adult world. I have been itching to read a good saga with adventure and mythical creatures.
Overall I have given this series a solid four star rating and Kristian Alva definitely deserves it.
As an author she
Schwana
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
I had read the first book in this series first. It was still a good read and I enjoyed reading it. The Prolog allowed be to be able to follow the story and keep up. The characters are enjoyable and I already have my favorites, besides the Dragons! of course ;-). I like the main character Elias and the Dwarf Thorin, but I really like Tallin. The interaction between the characters was quite good and while I was not sure at first if I would be able to get into the book it showed itself to be capabl ...more
k.wing
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
I think Alva has a lot of good things going here, but it seems like she didn't think through all she wanted to do when she wrote book one. I would have loved more foreshadowing, as the new king kind of came out of no where. I'm undecided if I'll continue the series after this one.
Ali
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
Ended much better than it started... Hopefully after Xmas I can afford the next one to finish reading this series!
Kyra Dune
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is not completely terrible. But it has problems. Too much info dumping, which is one of my pet peeves when it comes to books. Dialogue is often stilted and flat, which if you have a character that speaks that way it's fine, but when all the characters speak that way, not so much. That was one of the major issues I had with the book. Most of the characters tend to speak alike.
Underneath all that, this is not inherently a bad story. It's pretty much a classic example of epic fantasy. I
Paulo De Sa
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge-2018
The second book of this very interesting saga. The forces of evil are gaining control and power, they manage to strike several damaging blows to the riders, by killing the king and a dragon rider and corrupt another rider. But not everything is bad, new riders appear to strike back and they manage to eliminate a powerful necromancer. What will come next? I can’t wait to read it.
Steve Motuel
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kristian really got to show that she can write a great story with good links to past and future events
Douglas lapsley
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

This set is amazing haven't put it down, highly recommend the whole set. Good plot amazing characters and brilliant story
Oh My Bookness
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Return of the Dragon Riders by Kristin Alva continues from the first book, Dragon Stones: Book One of the Dragon Stone Saga. Return of the Dragon Riders is filled with action, adventure, magic, and mythical creatures. We meet familiar characters such as Elias and Thorin who are inseparable and are still being chased by the evil Vosper and those of them that follow in his wake. As we progress through the book we meet new characters, some quirky and fun while others have a more seriousness to them ...more
Stephen
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The evil emperor Vosper gathers his troops in the east, poised to conquer the entire continent. His target is the rebel city of Parthos, a constant thorn in his side, and the last sanctuary of the Dragon Riders. Besieged from all sides, the remaining Dragon Riders come out of hiding. Forced to fight for their lives, they leave the safety of the desert, traveling across the land to gather intelligence and shore up forgotten alliances. At the center of it all is Elias Dorgumir, the key to an anci ...more
Laura Reading
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing on immediately following the first book the danger escalates extraordinarily.
Elias and Thorin are doing their best to get to safety but war begins quicker than anyone predicted.
There are still countries and breeds that refuse to take a side. This war can not be ignored.
No one will be spared, it can not be ignored.

We learn more about the huge revelation announced at the end of the first book.
There are some graphic, gory descriptions that may be difficult for very sensitive readers.
We l
Kimberly Bennett
May 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I rarely provide written reviews but I felt compelled to write one for this series.

As I read this series I felt like I was reading a more condensed version of the Eragon "trilogy". So, if you are a champion of the Eragon series, this trilogy is probably not for you.

Additionally, for some reason that I cannot put my finger on, I was unable to truly connect with the characters throughout this entire series. I did not share in their triumph or anguish. The author would explain that Elias felt ups
Amit Gupta
No use pointing out that this is just a rip-off. Other than that, this part is actually more interesting & fast paced than the previous one in series. As per the author this is supposed to be a trilogy but I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it a four part series just like the series from which she has ripped off!
Justin
Apr 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little longer than the first book allowing you to progress through the story than you could in the first book. Characters are developed progressively through the book so you can actually start to care about them in this book. Easy reader.
Carissa Bethea
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. I cannot wait.
Paula Curtis
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
did not enjoy it as much as the first book
Pamela
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story continues with Elias and Thorin being captured, brought to a place of refuge, and the beginning of a new chapter in Elias's life, his own dragon! On to the next book. Can't wait!
Bill Tillman
Extremely good second book. Elias gets his white Dragon, and the desert kingdom repulsed the Orcs invasion. Great reading.
Karen
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down, I thought it was even better than the first. My only regret is that the next book won't be out for a while.
Christina
David Thompson
Jan 24, 2016
Kartik Soneji
May 07, 2018
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • Shifting Pride
  • Cascade Brides (Cascade Brides #1-3)
  • Reflection (Whitney Steel, #1)
  • Grace Doll
  • Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1)
  • Blood Oath (Gabby Girls Adventure, #2)
  • Twenty-Five Years Ago Today
  • Fire Within (Guardian Witch, #2)
  • Legend Unleashed (Keeping Secrets, #1)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish (Tennessee Waltz, #1)
  • The Dragonswarm (Dragonprince Trilogy, #2)
  • Prison Nation (Prison Nation, #1)
  • Death and Kisses
  • Light of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #3)
  • The Reason for Dragons
  • The Protectors (Royal Institute of Magic #3)
  • A Hard Act to Follow
Kristian Alva was born into a family of writers and teachers. She worked as a corporate staff writer and a ghostwriter before publishing her own manuscripts. She currently lives in California with her family. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading all genres.

Dragon Stone Saga (6 books)
  • Dragon Stones (Dragon Stone Saga #1)
  • Vosper's Revenge(Dragon Stone Saga, #3)
  • The Balborite Curse (Dragon Stones Saga, #4)
  • Rise of the Blood Masters (Dragon Stone Saga #5)
  • Kathir's Redemption (Dragon Stone Saga #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49