Start by marking “Safe in His Arms (Safe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Safe in His Arms (Safe, #1)

Safe in His Arms

(Safe #1)

In the late-night quiet of the caravan park shower room, Lon Taylor washes away the filth of the Western Australian mines. He’s not looking for anyone, but when Casey offers, Lon doesn’t turn him down.

Published November 28th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Safe in His Arms, please sign up.
Renae Kaye Definitely. I wouldn't write anything else. ;)
Renae Kaye LMAO! Perhaps I can convince Hollywood to pick up my story and make it into a movie, and of course it must star Dan. ;)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Kaye pushes boundaries with this book. While it's filled with the author's trademark humour and sweetness, it's darker and grittier than her previous work and deals with issues of past physical and sexual abuse.

When big, musclebound Lon, who works in the mines of Western Australia, catches slim, pretty Casey eyeing him in the showers, he tells him to fuck off or suck his cock. Casey chooses the latter.

From the beginning, Lon and Casey have undeniable chemistry. Even though Lon doesn't
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4 Casey-love Stars / Val is Not a Pedophile, I Swear Stars

description

"I only need two things for my safe house. One of them hangs from your right shoulder, and the other one hangs from your left shoulder.”

I really, really liked this.

Because it featured a few things that really I love.

1) The Man Lovin'...Obviously

Love.

It.

2) The Age Gap

I loooooooove age gaps.

LOVE THEM.

I don't even care if one of the characters is under age.

That's right, I said it.

Because I am shameless, bitchy and skanky?

Maybe.

But
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Oh Casey....

There really wasn't a time when I didn't want to just hug him! His abusive past broke my heart.

And Lon was a giant teddy bear!

He was able to give Casey what he needed the most....security, love and stability.

This story could have gone in several directions leading to unnecessary drama and angst. And it didn't. At all.

This was perfectly sweet. Perfectly swoon-worthy. Perfectly drama free. And perfectly sexy.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 STARS

description

“Safe in His Arms” was a little different from the other books I’ve read by this author and it deals with more real, serious issues.

Lon is a mine-worker, working weeks away from home. He has no family, no wife, no kids, no boyfriend. A long time ago he had a family, but something happened and Lon blames himself for his family tragedy. Casey is a survivor. He is still damaged, even if the event that damaged him happened five years ago. He was hurt by someone who was supposed to take c
Susan
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it

I’ve read a couple Renae Kaye books to date and I do have to say that I quite enjoy her writing. She crafts a good story and the Australian backdrop that she tends to use is always a favorite of mine. I could probably say she’s a new go-to author for me.

Safe in His Arms, however, was not my favorite of her books. It wasn’t bad. Decently interesting characters, some intriguing plot twists, a base of a story that could be very engaging. I think the problem was that it didn’t feel completed sussed
Susan
Re-read May 2019

-----------------

Cute 19 year old twink Casey meets hairy bear Lon at the showers in the trailer park where they both live.

When Lon drags his tired butt out of the shower he gets stared at by the cutest twink he ever saw. But he is in no mood for rude stares, so he jokes that if the kid wants to stare at his dick, he better get on his knees or leave him alone.

Casey is sure he won the jackpot when the big hairy man turns out to be gay. So he gladly gets on his knees.

Afte
Ingie
Review written March 28, 2016

3.9 - Simply heartbreaking lovely!!

I really enjoyed Loving Jay (3.7 stars) just a few days ago. It felt like a pretty good decision to return to Perth, Australia once again. — And it was worth a second visit.

photo image_zpsdhug0d0z.gif  photo image_zpsdhug0d0z.gif  photo image_zpsdhug0d0z.gif  photo image_zpsdhug0d0z.gif

*********************************************

Blurb: « Lon Taylor washes away the filth of the Western Australian mines. He’s not looking for anyone, but when Casey Douglas offers, Lon doesn't turn him down.
Welcoming the young man in his big, hairy arms,
Emma Sea
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Kaye's prose is not my frosty glass of Carlton Draught, but there's still lots to appreciate in here: sex-positive portrayals of older adults, families who work through their problems, an Aussie setting, and a couple who argue then apologize and promise to do better next time.

Plus I do have a special affection for books with manual workers as MCs. White collar jobs get way too much focus in romances.
Trisha Harrington
This author is amazing! I loved The Shearing Gun, which was the first book of hers I read and I loved this one, too. They are two completely different books. The Shearing Gun was light, funny and really sweet, while this one was darker and dealt with more serious issues, but it still had some sweetness and humor to make me even happier.

Lon and Casey had both been through so much. It was hard to imagine having the lives either of them had, but it also made them more believable as a couple. I coul
.Lili.
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo imagejpg1_zps495bd495.jpg

Renae Kaye:

You did it again. You have once again delivered another great story. Casey and Lon stole my heart. I loved everything about this book.

Dual POV ✔
Engaging story line ✔
Loveable characters ✔
Steam ✔
Character growth ✔
Sweet ✔
Humorous ✔
(view spoiler)

All in all a winner. I would especially recommend this to any lover of age difference and opposites attract story lines. Renae Kaye=auto buy for me. 4.5-5 Stars.

P.S. I really hope we'll be getting a book for Paul! :)

Tina
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, hurt-comfort

I’m a big fan of Renae’s Shearing Gun and couldn’t wait for this new novel to come out. The cover…. I’m a sucker for sexy covers… is an eye catcher par excellence and the blurb intrigued me from the start.

Safe in his Arms is definitely a story of differences. Lon, a mine-worker is a big, muscular, hairy guy and 13 years older than 20 years old Casey who first seems to be the typical twink. But once you get to know him you learn quickly that he is an old soul. Used and sexual abused from his pedo
SheReadsALot

You want to ovulate? Look at this cover. Dayum.

*stares*

Gawd dayum.

I'm on the fence with reading this but the cover gets my vote for all the things.
Isabel
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, erotica, age-gap, abuse
I liked this book, but there were to many things happening at the same time, and I got lost in so many events... It would be much better if the story was focused more in Lon and Casey's life. Instead, there was Casey's friends, Lon's friends, their families, weather disasters... well, too much! Probably the author is preparing a sequel, and used this book for introductions, but I think the reader gets too much information to process.

But I loved the main story, how Lon met Casey, and how their re
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Hell yeah! Only $1 at Amazon US right now! 5/12/15!
Gina
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well i skipped lunch and only stopped reading once to walk the dog. I couldn't stop reading this book, this is my fav from this author so far!

read the book my friends!!
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

"A heart is an amazing item. My heart's been bruised, battered, smashed, and stabbed. Yet it still beats in my chest. And do you know the most amazing thing is? It can still love. It still hopes and dreams."

Oh I'm now a total Renae Kaye fan. Her books just make me all warm and gooey and I honestly feel like I've gotten a hug after reading them.

'Safe in His Arms' is a bit darker than 'The Shearing Gun' or 'Loving Jay' but it is just as lovely and there is healing as well as loving going on.

My big
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
4.5★’s - Casey hands down made this book for me. How he could even be the way he was after the life he was handed astounded me. He was like a ray of sunshine when he should have really been nothing but clouds.

Although the subject matter of this book was much darker than I would normally like I felt it was described in a manner that I was able to read it and move on to the happy. I didn’t have to relive the trauma, I didn’t have to deal with a nasty villain, I was just told the facts so I would
A Girl Has No Name
Safe in His Arms was a very intriguing read. I have to say that I was already hooked after reading the blurb:

Welcoming the young man in his big, hairy arms, Lon provides a safety to Casey that he has never known, and Casey wants to stay forever. Still reeling from the breakup of his family years a
Victoria  love books
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-mm, mm-sweet, mm
Overall book rating 4.5 Fantastic stars
Audio book - Randy Fuller 4 stars
Book cover 4 Intriguing stars

description

There were pieces that had me in tears and I struggled to breath... then there were pieces that made me laugh to loud. I loved it

"Devon? That's a weird name. It sounds like something you'd name a cow. I guess that it's just because of Devondale milk. Weird."... "It comes from the area in England called Devon. You know? Like Devonshire tea?" Lon nodded sagely. "Huh. Lucky for you they didn't ca
Amy
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love it!! I could tell just by reading the book description that I was going to enjoy this book. I have a think for big protective alpha male bears. Throw in a cute and vulnerable twink and I'm a goner. I loved how they met in the caravan park shower room. Casey is just adorable... "Can I take option A?" Yep, I fell in love with him right there! And Lon, too! Renae Kaye is definitely one of my top 5 favorite authors!
Wendy
Such a sweet, sexy and emotional story. I loved this one. Both MC's were really likeable. My heart broke for Casey...he had to endure so much and he still came out so sweet and loving.

Lon was perfect for him !! Such a big sweet teddybear !!!

This book does deal with some hard subjects..such as rape and abuse. Some parts were heartbreaking to read about. But then again..some parts were so beautiful and sweet...and those parts really made it worth reading this book. I also loved the age difference
Marte - Thunderella

**** 4 stars ****

------------------------------
Never give up, because your heart won't."

------------------------------

This quote pretty mu
Ami

While I liked Renae Kaye's writing just fine ... I thought this story suffered from a tad too much drama: Casey's rape by his pedophile dad, Lon's family situation (parents and one sister died, one brother in jail, one sister on the run -- and oh, the BIG SECRET revealed in the end as well), Lon's best friend who is in secret relationship with a married man, Casey's two friends who are in a "are they or aren't they" relationship ... to be honest, at one point, I wondered whom am I suppo
Brendy
Oct 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Brendy by: Victoria love books
Shelves: mm
You know what? this was really cute, nice... no other words! this might be a great book for any beginner of this gender!

So Lon and Casey.
descriptiondescription
CASEY----------------------------------------------------------LON
------------------------------------in love with------------------------->
<-----------------------------happy to have fun with---------------------

-------------------------------------------+-------------------------------

-----------------------A gap of 13 years of difference ------------

BR11
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lon is my new book boyfriend. Loved him.
And Casey, what's not to love about this adorable twink. So nice and sweet despite everything life threw his way.
Good steam with a HEA for everybody.

Highly recommend.
Dalia
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, abuse

Lon takes a hot shower after exhausting work in the mines and catches a cute young guy, Casey, staring at his gear and gives him two options. Either he gets on his kness and takes care of the erection or he quits staring. Casey takes option A.
"Thank goodness for option A."

Casey was raped by his father at the age of fourteen. He's strong, but sometimes he still has nightmares, panick attacks, and Lon is the only person, that makes him feel safe.

Lon is a big, muscled guy, who suffered a
BWT (Belen)
UPDATED 07/06/2015 for audio book:
The audio book is wonderfully narrated by Randy Fuller and, while he does an excellent job, please note that he's very American sounding accent-wise.

*sighs* I just don't understand why they can't get a good Aussie narrator.

Read 12/05/2014, 01/2015, 03/2015, 05/2015
I'll admit the cover totally pulled me in. Because, I mean, look at it! That cover model is absolutely mouth watering. So I probably would have bought it regardless of author or storyline, but then it
Denise H.
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
***** Gosh I loved these characters, and the realistic , deeply feeling story was a bonus ! ***** Lon: "....washing off the grime from the Australian mine, extra large and hairy Lon looks up to see he's being watched by a light haired, lanky, younger lad ... later... "his tanned hand and that pale skin was a sight to behold..." Casey is attracted to Lon immediately. Lon is a large man all over and just what Casey has always wanted. Lon also is struck right away by the eager younger man. Both men ...more
Bitchie
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This came SO close to 5 stars from me! I loved big teddy bear Lon, and twinky, abused Casey. These men both had tragedy and heartbreak in their lives, but neither one allowed this to define them. I was particularly proud of Casey, and how hard he worked to not allow what his dad did to him ruin his life. The sex was hot and plentiful, and the emotions were also well done.

What stopped this from being 5 stars was the last couple of chapters. It all just felt so rushed. Lon's history coming out, an
Sonia ~Ruber's fiancé in Crystal Court universe~
The story itself was ok but I couldn't really recognize the writing I'm used to from Renae Kaye. There were some places it was kind of bad and unbelievable.. It feelt rushed, I think she should have taken more time before publishing..
But it's an ok read, entertaining, funny and I really liked the MCs.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Challenge Fac...: Stella & Ezi & Lou - Safe in His Arms 76 28 Dec 17, 2014 12:08PM

• The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • Heart
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Candy Man (Candy Man #1)
  • Out of the Blackness (Avery, #1)
  • Red Dirt Heart 3 (Red Dirt, #3)
  • Shaking the Sugar Tree (Sugar Tree, #1)
  • Billy's Bones
  • Choices and Changes
  • Northern Star
  • Menoetius (Of Gods and Monsters #1)
  • Disasterology 101
  • GABRIEL TRILOGY (Phoenix Club Volume 4)
  • Sebastian: The Complete Series
  • How to Train Your Dom in Five Easy Steps
  • Analyzing Emory
  • Sinner's Gin (Sinners, #1)
  • Hot Mess
Renae Kaye is a lover and hoarder of books who thinks libraries are devilish places because they make you give the books back. She consumed her first adult romance book at the tender age of thirteen and hasn’t stopped since. After years – and thousands of stories! – of not having book characters do what she wants, she decided she would write her own novel and found the characters still didn’t do w ...more

Safe (2 books)
  • Safe in His Heart (Safe, #2)
“A heart is an amazing item. My heart's been bruised, battered, smashed, and stabbed. Yet it still beats in my chest. And do you know the most amazing thing? It can still love. It still hopes and dreams. It still beats rapidly when that certain person is in the room. It still dares to put its trust in another. If your heart's broken, Paul, then don't give up. Never give up, because your heart won't.” 9 likes
“I’ve just swallowed a gallon of your semen, and you want to know if I like you?” 7 likes