Start by marking “First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #3)

First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  1,571 Ratings  ·  197 Reviews
Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong are taking a holiday through Europe on the world-famous Orient Express. From the moment the girls step aboard, it's clear that each of their fellow first-class passengers has something to hide. Even more intriguing: rumour has it that there is a spy in their midst.

Then, during dinner, there is a bloodcurdling scream from inside one of the cabins.
Published July 30th 2015 by Corgi Childrens

To ask other readers questions about First Class Murder, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Conor Nally That's the plot summary of the fourth book in the series, "Jolly Foul Play".

Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great mystery solved by Daisy and Hazel! I absolutely loved all the homages to Murder on the Orient Express and the crazy cast of characters, all with a great critic of xenophobia! It's been so great to see the girls in different locations, but I'm really excited for them to get back to their boarding school in the next book.
LH Johnson
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's strange, sometimes, how books can make you long to read them and then freeze a little when you have them finally in your hands. And this was one: I love the work of Robin Stevens. I have adored Murder Most Unladylike and Arsenic For Tea. The third in the series, First Class Murder, was something that I was viciously hungry to read - and yet, reluctant to do so. I think that's something that sometimes happens when books are this good, this continual level of good and wonderful writing and pl ...more
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
My favourite of this series yet. I wish that I could hang out with Hazel and Daisy every day and become a member of their detective society. Jolly good show Robin Stevens!
Claire Fayers
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At last! I solved the murder before Daisy and Hazel. I now feel like a real detective and want my own badge. And a bunbreak. Bunbreaks on the Orient Express are in a class of their own, as are the murders - an extra-tricky "locked room" mystery with the added complication of a spy, a jewel thief and a bungling official investigator.

The characters are a joy as always, especially Daisy and Hazel. Hazel has grown up a lot over the last two books and now she begins to realise it, leading to tension
Melanie
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another rippingly good read from Robin Stevens, probably my favourite of Daisy and Hazel's adventures so far! I loved the Christie references and thought the mystery itself was brilliant.
Aleshanee
Der beste Fall bisher! Super unterhaltsam und spannend - weckt Erinnerungen an Agatha Christies "Mord im Orientexpress"

Ein wundervolles Buch, das meine Erinnerungen an Agatha Chriesties "Mord im Orientexpress" immer wieder wach gerufen hat! Die Geschichten ähneln sich schon sehr und es gibt einige Parallelen, was mich aber gar nicht gestört hat. Das ganze wird ja aus der Sicht von der jungen Hazel erzählt, die eine frische und äußerst unterhaltsame Art hat, diesen besonderen Mordfall zu Papier
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all)
At least the author admits (in the Afterword) that this is a rewrite of Murder on the Orient Express--if she hadn't done that I wouldn't be surprised if Christie's descendants slapped her with a lawsuit, since all of Agatha's books are still under copyright by the Christie conglomerate. But gosh I wish she could have come up with a better train mystery of her own! After all, Greenwood managed it in Murder on the Ballarat Train. Today's budding serial authors are a bit too lazy, and perhaps the y ...more
Mathew
Even better than the previous two. Stevens is going from strength to strength and I hope she continues to subtly touch upon the themes and history which is so cleverly running beneath the main storyline. Also, I wouldn't mind a little trip to the Pinkertons too!
Carol
A perfect homage to Christie's Murder on the Orient Express! The locked room mystery was solid, and I really loved how Hazel is growing as a character. I can't wait for the next book in the series to be published in the States!
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Listen to this as an audio book, it was well read and kept me entertained as I was cleaning my house!

A great continuation of the series. Hazel and Daisy are great characters and the murder was full of mystery.

I did guess who the murder was before the end, (which I didn’t with the other two books) but it didn’t stop my enjoyment.

Also I did enjoy hearing that Daisy had read Murder on the Orient Express! Nice nod to Agatha Christie.

Emma
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'Naturally, murder is always rather dreadful...'

I just cannot get enough of Wells and Wong and The Detective Society. From the first delightful sentence I was hooked. Robin Stevens has such a wonderful way with words, she has managed to capture perfectly 1930's England and magic of Golden Age crime mysteries.

With a host of wonderful characters – a Russian Countess, a medium, a magician, a writer and an undercover detective – and an absolutely perfect setting – the Orient Express, I knew I was g
Louise O'Neill
God, these books are a dream. I would have been OBSESSED with these if I had read them as a child but even as an adult, they make for seriously compulsive trading.
Brandy Painter
This delightful series continues to make me smile. Hazel is coming in to her own so nicely and I can't wait to see how that affects her relationship with Daisy. I can already see more strain starting to develop. I hope that it eventually leads to more growth on Daisy's part. Meanwhile, I love the callbacks to classic mysteries and was delighted to see my two favorites from book two make cameos. Alexander was a great secondary character addition in this as well. I can not wait for the US to catch ...more
Ivy M
I got this book from Goodreads Giveaways in exchange for an honest review.

This book took me back to when I was a kid reading Nancy Drew mystery books. It is set on the Orient Express and although there is a murder it is not anything like the book by Agitha Christie.

Hazel and Daisy are very likeable characters. They clash just enough to make the story interesting. And they get into some fixes that are for sure going to help solve the mystery but at the same time get them in trouble with Hazel's
Carolyn
Man, this series is serious fun. Even after having to put it down for school reading and studying for an ASTONISHINGLY LONG PERIOD OF TIME (2 MONTHS) I was absorbed right back into the mystery and intrigue upon resumption. Well crafted mystery that had me guessing until the very end. I didn't realize the truth until the characters told me 😂 thanks to Robin Stevens for keeping this naive reader on her toes.
Beverly
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-mystery
I really enjoy this mystery series, but be warned, Daisy Wells can be a self-important little ass. I also got annoyed with her because she viewed solving the murder mystery as a competition against other characters in the book, rather than cooperating with others for the sake of justice for the victim. Fortunately, the narrator, Hazel Wong (Daisy's "Watson") has her feet more firmly planted on Terra Firma and is not so self-aggrandizing.
One of the good things about this series is that as it is
Luna
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Wells & Wong Mysteries are some of my favourite books and I read the last instalment the minute I got home. I’m not exaggerating! The only thing I did first was make a cup of tea and get some cookies because you can’t read about Hazel and Daisy without bunbreak supplies. It’s essential.

Murder on the Orient Express, again. Only this time it’s Daisy and Hazel who are investigating. Discreetly mind you because Hazel’s father it quite adamant that Hazel is supposed to be a good influence on
Claire Rousseau
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The next installment in the Murder Most Unladylike series, this one follows Hazel & Daisy onto the Orient Express!! I'm not a huge Agatha Christie fan, or a huge fan of mysteries in general, so maybe I missed some references to Murder on the Orient Express, but I really loved this nonetheless.

Hazel & Daisy continue to be great protagonists, growing from one book to the next and dealing with their previous experiences. They’re learning to manage their fears and their feelings as they are
Tara Anderson Gold
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a cute book for middle grades fans of classic Agatha Christie! I first read The Murder on the Orient Express in eighth grade and instantly loved it, and I know I would have eaten this book up, too.

This is the third in a series, but could be enjoyed without reading the rest. Though I will be going back to read the others because it was such a delightful story!
msBookLand
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just read this book and I think it, like the rest in the series, is fabulous, amazing I love these books so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alyce Hunt
I loved this. Full review coming either tomorrow or Wednesday: it's a gushing one!

EDIT 28/02/2018:

It's the summer hols, so Mr Wong is taking Hazel and Daisy on a trip across Europe on the Orient Express. He's hoping he'll be able to keep them out of trouble: good girls don't do detective work, and he didn't send Hazel to a boarding school in England for her to keep getting herself in trouble.

Unfortunately for Mr Wong, a passenger on the Orient Express has other ideas, and it isn't long before We
Ingrid Fasquelle
Inutile d’y aller par quatre chemins, on adore l’univers feutré et délicieusement suranné de cette enquête dense et complète, destinée aux jeunes lecteurs à partir de 11 ou 12 ans ! Intrépides et ingénieuses, Daisy Wells et Hazel Wong sont deux jeunes apprenties détectives qui ne manquent pas d’audace !
Après avoir élucidé le meurtre de leur professeur de sciences dans Un coupable presque parfait, puis de l’empoisonnement de Mr Curtis dans De l’arsenic pour le goûter, cette fois, Daisy et Hazel v
Ms. Yingling
E ARC from Edelweiss Above the Treeline

Daisy and Hazel are a bit distraught after the investigation at Daisy's home in Poison is Not Polite, so Mr. Wong has come from Hong Kong to take them to see Europe on the Orient Express. They are on the train with an odd assortment of characters, from the mysterious magician to an unkempt mystery writer to a Russian countess who feels another passenger has jewels that are rightfully hers. There is also "Mrs. Vitellius", who is really a government spy and a
Milliebot
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I continue to be impressed with this series, from the character development to the plot. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series! This is right up at the top of my favorites list with Enola Holmes. The world needs more middle-grade series that are a mix of fun, important topics and bright, empowered youngsters.

I’ve not read any Agatha Christie (for shame, I know!) but I imagine this book is a bit like Murder on the Orient Express junior. The girls are actually on the Orient Express and
Shawne
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
There are few detective novels more perfect than Agatha Christie's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, and it's quite brave for any author to try to pay homage to that iconic book - so much could go wrong and so many unfavourable comparisons could be drawn. The shadow of Christie's book (especially its breathtakingly good resolution) would hang over any novel that dares conjure up a locked-room mystery set in the Orient Express as well.

Stevens' third novel in her entirely delightful Wells & Wong s
Karen
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My niece and I read aloud the first two volumes of this series when she was 11 and 12. I checked out the third volume this summer, but it turns out that, at 13, she is now too old to be interested in reading out loud with her aunt. (sob!) But it's a good series, and so I read the third volume on my own. It's maybe not quite as good a mystery as the first two volumes, but the presence of Hazel's father means that we get more treatment of ethnic differences in 1930s England. My favorite volume of ...more
Joyce Hertzoff
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am thoroughly enjoying this series of murder mysteries as told by almost fourteen-year-old Hazel Wong, Vice President and Secretary of the Detective Society. She and the society's president The Honourable Daisy Wells are on summer hols, and Hazel's father has taken them on the Orient Express. Not only is there a murder, but also a spy aboard their carriage. And of course the two girls solve the crimes before the adults, finally impressing Mr. Wong.
Abigail
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-books
I really, really disliked Daisy. She is a bossy know-it-all show-off, and not much of a friend. But Hazel is interesting, and the mystery is well written. The story briefly touches on a surprising number of hot-button topics, including racism and fascism. The book does, perhaps, encourage kids to be unheedful of adults' advice a bit more than I'm entirely comfortable with, though.
Francesca T.E
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an excellent mystery book. It was very interesting to see how to two girls would solve the case under the watch of Hazels father.
Kate
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jolly good fun with a murder on the Orient Express.
A good introduction to locked room mysteries for kids.
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE DUE 14 18 Apr 23, 2018 01:28AM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE SEI 9 17 Apr 22, 2018 07:09AM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE CINQUE 8 13 Apr 21, 2018 01:23AM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE QUATTRO 10 12 Apr 19, 2018 02:40PM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE TRE 12 14 Apr 19, 2018 09:16AM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE UNA 12 30 Apr 18, 2018 12:48PM
  • The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow (The Sinclair’s Mysteries #1)
  • Dead Man's Land (Dr John Watson, #1)
  • A Problem for the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #40)
  • Goth Girl and the Pirate Queen
  • The Case of the Simple Soul (Bad Machinery, #3)
  • Dead Man's Handle (Modesty Blaise #12)
  • Pegasi and Prefects (Scholars and Sorcery, #1)
  • The D'Evil Diaries (The D'Evil Diaries, #1)
  • The Crooked Sixpence (The Uncommoners #1)
  • A Little Taste of Poison (Uncommon Magic, #2)
  • Mars Evacuees (Mars Evacuees #1)
  • Water Born (The Drowning, #2)
Robin's books are: Murder Most Unladylike (Murder is Bad Manners in the USA), Arsenic for Tea (Poison is Not Polite in the USA), First Class Murder, Jolly Foul Play, Mistletoe and Murder, Cream Buns and Crime, and A Spoonful of Murder. She is also the author of The Guggenheim Mystery, the sequel to Siobhan Dowd's The London Eye Mystery.

Robin was born in California and grew up in an Oxford college
More about Robin Stevens

Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries (7 books)
  • Murder Most Unladylike (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #1)
  • Arsenic for Tea (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #2)
  • Jolly Foul Play (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #4)
  • Mistletoe and Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #5)
  • A Spoonful of Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #6)
  • Cream Buns and Crime: A Murder Most Unladylike Collection

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
  • Nineteen Seventy Four
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel
    $15.95 $1.99
  • What She Doesn't Know
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Flood (Burke, #1)