Start by marking “First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #3)

First Class Murder

(Murder Most Unladylike Mystery #3)

Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong are taking a holiday on the famous Orient Express. From the moment the girls step aboard, it's clear that everyone in the first-class carriages has something to hide.

Then there is a scream from one of the cabins, and a wealthy heiress is found dead, But the killer has vanished - as if into thin air ...

Daisy and Hazel are faced with their first l
Published July 30th 2015 by Corgi Childrens

To ask other readers questions about First Class Murder, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cesci
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #3)
Ken
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another delightful tale featuring the plucky young amateur detectives from the 1930’s, this time Daisy and Hazel find themselves trying to solve a murder whilst taking a holiday on the famous Orient Express.

With Daisy’s love for crime fiction soon makes her wonders if the catalyst for this crime was inspired by the famous Christie novel from the previous year.
In fact this entry in the family friendly series is a real affectionate nod to that original Poirot classic.

It’s great to see the girls in
Maddie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great mystery solved by Daisy and Hazel! I absolutely loved all the homages to Murder on the Orient Express and the crazy cast of characters, all with a great critic of xenophobia! It's been so great to see the girls in different locations, but I'm really excited for them to get back to their boarding school in the next book.
Louise / Daisy May Johnson
It's strange, sometimes, how books can make you long to read them and then freeze a little when you have them finally in your hands. And this was one: I love the work of Robin Stevens. I have adored Murder Most Unladylike and Arsenic For Tea. The third in the series, First Class Murder, was something that I was viciously hungry to read - and yet, reluctant to do so. I think that's something that sometimes happens when books are this good, this continual level of good and wonderful writing and pl ...more
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
My favourite of this series yet. I wish that I could hang out with Hazel and Daisy every day and become a member of their detective society. Jolly good show Robin Stevens!
Claire Fayers
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At last! I solved the murder before Daisy and Hazel. I now feel like a real detective and want my own badge. And a bunbreak. Bunbreaks on the Orient Express are in a class of their own, as are the murders - an extra-tricky "locked room" mystery with the added complication of a spy, a jewel thief and a bungling official investigator.

The characters are a joy as always, especially Daisy and Hazel. Hazel has grown up a lot over the last two books and now she begins to realise it, leading to tension
Melanie
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another rippingly good read from Robin Stevens, probably my favourite of Daisy and Hazel's adventures so far! I loved the Christie references and thought the mystery itself was brilliant.
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all)
At least the author admits (in the Afterword) that this is a rewrite of Murder on the Orient Express--if she hadn't done that I wouldn't be surprised if Christie's descendants slapped her with a lawsuit, since all of Agatha's books are still under copyright by the Christie conglomerate. But gosh I wish she could have come up with a better train mystery of her own! After all, Greenwood managed it in Murder on the Ballarat Train. Today's budding serial authors are a bit too lazy, and perhaps the y ...more
Mathew
Even better than the previous two. Stevens is going from strength to strength and I hope she continues to subtly touch upon the themes and history which is so cleverly running beneath the main storyline. Also, I wouldn't mind a little trip to the Pinkertons too!
Carol
A perfect homage to Christie's Murder on the Orient Express! The locked room mystery was solid, and I really loved how Hazel is growing as a character. I can't wait for the next book in the series to be published in the States!
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Listen to this as an audio book, it was well read and kept me entertained as I was cleaning my house!

A great continuation of the series. Hazel and Daisy are great characters and the murder was full of mystery.

I did guess who the murder was before the end, (which I didn’t with the other two books) but it didn’t stop my enjoyment.

Also I did enjoy hearing that Daisy had read Murder on the Orient Express! Nice nod to Agatha Christie.

Ivy
I got this book from Goodreads Giveaways in exchange for an honest review.

This book took me back to when I was a kid reading Nancy Drew mystery books. It is set on the Orient Express and although there is a murder it is not anything like the book by Agitha Christie.

Hazel and Daisy are very likeable characters. They clash just enough to make the story interesting. And they get into some fixes that are for sure going to help solve the mystery but at the same time get them in trouble with Hazel's
Emma
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'Naturally, murder is always rather dreadful...'

I just cannot get enough of Wells and Wong and The Detective Society. From the first delightful sentence I was hooked. Robin Stevens has such a wonderful way with words, she has managed to capture perfectly 1930's England and magic of Golden Age crime mysteries.

With a host of wonderful characters – a Russian Countess, a medium, a magician, a writer and an undercover detective – and an absolutely perfect setting – the Orient Express, I knew I was g
Oda Renate
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great Murder most unlalylike\wells and wong story.
I loved the allusions to murder at the orient express, but enjoyed that it wasent a direct retelling.
Meeting Hazels dad was fun as well.
Gerry
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robin Stevens pays homage to Agatha Christie in her 'First Class Murder' as her two teenage protagonists, and amateur sleuths,Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong, embark on a journey on the Orient Express along with Hazel's father and a variety of disparate characters. The girls are settled in a sleeping car alongside Hazel's father, Mr Wong, and a cast of fellow travellers all of whom seem to have something to hide.

Introductions taken care of the train sets off and the interplay between the characters b
Brandy Painter
This delightful series continues to make me smile. Hazel is coming in to her own so nicely and I can't wait to see how that affects her relationship with Daisy. I can already see more strain starting to develop. I hope that it eventually leads to more growth on Daisy's part. Meanwhile, I love the callbacks to classic mysteries and was delighted to see my two favorites from book two make cameos. Alexander was a great secondary character addition in this as well. I can not wait for the US to catch ...more
Maggie (Magsisreadingagain)
The third installment in the Wells and Wong Mystery series sees Hazel and Daisy on holidays with Hazel’s dad, traveling across Europe on the Orient Express. In a wonderful tribute to Agatha Christie, Stevens has written a clever locked-room mystery, complete with jewel theft, murder, espionage and international spy rings. With help from a few of the other passengers, Hazel and Daisy solve the crime, before the adults and authorities can fit all the pieces together. Love this series, looking forw ...more
Carolyn Klassen
Man, this series is serious fun. Even after having to put it down for school reading and studying for an ASTONISHINGLY LONG PERIOD OF TIME (2 MONTHS) I was absorbed right back into the mystery and intrigue upon resumption. Well crafted mystery that had me guessing until the very end. I didn't realize the truth until the characters told me 😂 thanks to Robin Stevens for keeping this naive reader on her toes.
Abigail
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a stunningly enjoyable read and I loved all the little twists and the final reveal. Even though I have read this book before, I had forgotten the identity of the murderer(s) and nothing in the book gave away who it was; even with my extra knowledge of the storyline so well done Robin!
Beverly
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jf-mystery
I really enjoy this mystery series, but be warned, Daisy Wells can be a self-important little ass. I also got annoyed with her because she viewed solving the murder mystery as a competition against other characters in the book, rather than cooperating with others for the sake of justice for the victim. Fortunately, the narrator, Hazel Wong (Daisy's "Watson") has her feet more firmly planted on Terra Firma and is not so self-aggrandizing.
One of the good things about this series is that as it is
Peter
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
A fantastically fun middle-grade murder mystery set on the Orient Express. As always with Robin's mysteries, she had me guessing how it was done until almost the end. A welcome third outing for Daisy and Hazel. I look forward to reading more of their stories.
Caolainn
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I- wow
Luna
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Wells & Wong Mysteries are some of my favourite books and I read the last instalment the minute I got home. I’m not exaggerating! The only thing I did first was make a cup of tea and get some cookies because you can’t read about Hazel and Daisy without bunbreak supplies. It’s essential.

Murder on the Orient Express, again. Only this time it’s Daisy and Hazel who are investigating. Discreetly mind you because Hazel’s father it quite adamant that Hazel is supposed to be a good influence on Dais
Claire Rousseau
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The next installment in the Murder Most Unladylike series, this one follows Hazel & Daisy onto the Orient Express!! I'm not a huge Agatha Christie fan, or a huge fan of mysteries in general, so maybe I missed some references to Murder on the Orient Express, but I really loved this nonetheless.

Hazel & Daisy continue to be great protagonists, growing from one book to the next and dealing with their previous experiences. They’re learning to manage their fears and their feelings as they are once mo
Tara Anderson Gold
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a cute book for middle grades fans of classic Agatha Christie! I first read The Murder on the Orient Express in eighth grade and instantly loved it, and I know I would have eaten this book up, too.

This is the third in a series, but could be enjoyed without reading the rest. Though I will be going back to read the others because it was such a delightful story!
Mia
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just read this book and I think it, like the rest in the series, is fabulous, amazing I love these books so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ms. Yingling
E ARC from Edelweiss Above the Treeline

Daisy and Hazel are a bit distraught after the investigation at Daisy's home in Poison is Not Polite, so Mr. Wong has come from Hong Kong to take them to see Europe on the Orient Express. They are on the train with an odd assortment of characters, from the mysterious magician to an unkempt mystery writer to a Russian countess who feels another passenger has jewels that are rightfully hers. There is also "Mrs. Vitellius", who is really a government spy and a
Shawne
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
There are few detective novels more perfect than Agatha Christie's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, and it's quite brave for any author to try to pay homage to that iconic book - so much could go wrong and so many unfavourable comparisons could be drawn. The shadow of Christie's book (especially its breathtakingly good resolution) would hang over any novel that dares conjure up a locked-room mystery set in the Orient Express as well.

Stevens' third novel in her entirely delightful Wells & Wong serie
Milliebot
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I continue to be impressed with this series, from the character development to the plot. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series! This is right up at the top of my favorites list with Enola Holmes. The world needs more middle-grade series that are a mix of fun, important topics and bright, empowered youngsters.

I’ve not read any Agatha Christie (for shame, I know!) but I imagine this book is a bit like Murder on the Orient Express junior. The girls are actually on the Orient Express and
Christina Reid
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series! I feel like each book is stronger than the last, particularly as Hazel comes into her own as a detective and she and Daisy have a more equal partnership. I especially enjoyed the setting of this book on the Orient Express and the classic 'locked-door' mystery. I also enjoyed finally meeting Hazel's father and the small references to the historical situation at the time in Europe, in the lead-up to World War 2. In a way, the casual racism that Hazel and her fathe ...more
Helen
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this book over a month ago and I just now finished it. This is simply a case of it being perfectly fine but I was not inclined to pick it up again after I read the first big chunk. In this addition to the series. Hazel and Daisy are on the Orient Express, exploring Europe with Hazels dad. Along the way one of the passengers is murdered. Naturally the two of them start to investigate. This one was not as interesting to me as the previous book in the series. I might pick up another book ...more
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE DUE 14 23 Apr 23, 2018 01:28AM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE SEI 9 20 Apr 22, 2018 07:09AM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE CINQUE 8 14 Apr 21, 2018 01:23AM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE QUATTRO 10 13 Apr 19, 2018 02:40PM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE TRE 12 15 Apr 19, 2018 09:16AM
Readalong BFFBD(ony): PARTE UNA 12 36 Apr 18, 2018 12:48PM

• The Case of the Drowned Pearl: A Murder Most Unladylike Mini-Mystery: World Book Day 2020
  • The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow (The Sinclair’s Mysteries #1)
  • The Mystery of the Jewelled Moth (The Sinclair’s Mysteries #2)
  • The Mystery of the Midnight Peacock (The Sinclair's mysteries #4)
  • Peril in Paris (Taylor & Rose: Secret Agents, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Painted Dragon (The Sinclair’s Mysteries #3)
  • The Vanishing Trick
  • Spies in St. Petersburg (Taylor and Rose Secret Agents, #2)
  • The Whispers in the Walls (Scarlet and Ivy, #2)
  • The Lost Twin (Scarlet and Ivy #1)
  • The London Eye Mystery (London Eye Mystery, #1)
  • Mystery & Mayhem: Twelve Deliciously Intriguing Mysteries
  • Feel the Fear (Ruby Redfort #4)
  • The Dance in the Dark (Scarlet and Ivy #3)
  • The Last Secret (Scarlet and Ivy, #6)
  • Explorers on Black Ice Bridge
  • The Silver Serpent (Agatha Oddly, Book 3)
  • The Lights Under the Lake (Scarlet and Ivy #4)
Robin's books are: Murder Most Unladylike (Murder is Bad Manners in the USA), Arsenic for Tea (Poison is Not Polite in the USA), First Class Murder, Jolly Foul Play, Mistletoe and Murder, Cream Buns and Crime, A Spoonful of Murder, Death in the Spotlight and Top Marks for Murder. She is also the author of The Guggenheim Mystery, the sequel to Siobhan Dowd's The London Eye Mystery.

Robin was born i

Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (9 books)
  • Murder Most Unladylike (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #1)
  • Arsenic for Tea (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #2)
  • Jolly Foul Play (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #4)
  • Mistletoe and Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #5)
  • A Spoonful of Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #6)
  • Death in the Spotlight (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #7)
  • Top Marks for Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #8)
  • Death Sets Sail (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries #9)