Start by marking “One Chance Night (Make A Change #1)” as Want to Read:
One Chance Night (Make A Change #1)

One Chance Night

(Make A Change #1)

On the surface, Chelsea Greer has it all:
A loving husband.
A nice house.
A good job.

In reality, she works hard to maintain the illusion that is her life. She's also missing the most important thing:

Love.

One night could change her life. One night could give her the strength to rediscover what's important. In one night, she could find love when she most needs it and least ex
Published May 15th 2015 by Patchwork Press (first published May 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about One Chance Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Chance Night

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Eliza Boyd, Patchwork Press and NetGalley.)

“Oh, that’s right. The diet.” He says with a pleased tenor in his voice. “Ten more pounds and then I’ll get to say I got to fuck you when you were skinny.”

I had issues with this book.

I did feel a little bit sorry for Chelsea in this book, having an ass for a husband isn’t nice, but at the same time, boy did she whine! All I heard was ‘poor me’, ‘I don’t love
Michelle
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

[image error]

Once Chance Night is not your typical romance read since this story explores the journey of a woman finding the strength to make changes in her life. A woman who realized that there is more to her life than being in stuck in a marriage where she fell out of love and was miserable. So after one night away from her husband, she realizes she wants something more. And so begins her quest to make changes to make her happy
Kika
HEA: (view spoiler)

*2.5 stars*

BRETT

CHELSEA

I really don't know how to approach this review. I can't say i enjoyed reading this book, but it wasn't terrible. I just couldn't connect with the characters, and not only with the main characters but with all the characters. They all seemed so... incomplete.

"One chance night" is about a 24 year old girl, Chelsea
Tiffany Willams
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I had the privilege to beta this book.*

"No one’s life ends up exactly the way they thought it would. But I feel like mine should at least attempt to resemble something similar to my thoughts. To my hopes and dreams."

Such a great story! For it being Eliza's first book, it made me feel as if she'd been writing for years!

This book grabbed my attention from the start! The character of Chelsea can be relatable to so many women. Falling in love at a young age, getting married, and then realizing tha
Christie Cote
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One Chance Night was filled with intense emotion and had me swooning, swearing, wishing I could reach through the pages of the book and strangle a certain character and become best friends with others.

The novel had the right combination of romance mixed with difficult, life changing decisions. The reader followed Chelsea, who wasn’t perfect, had made her share of mistakes, and was in an awful situation, but I couldn’t help but feel for her. She was a creature of routine, and it took taking a ch
Jessica's Book Review
May 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
description

Stay connected with my reviews, book news and more:
Blog- Jessica’s Book Review | Facebook | Twitter

ARC provided by the publisher, via NetGalley for an honest review.
Camelle
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This ebook helped me find my way back to loving country songs again... it made me play all the songs mentioned in here while reading the book and it is seriously beautiful.

Thank you Patchwork Press for giving me a chance to read this awesome ebook! My review will be up on the 16th of June

--- REVIEW posted on Home of a Book Lover ----

This is my first time to read Eliza Boyd's book and I don't actually know how will I express my thoughts about this. Believe me when I say that it is beautiful and
Sherley Vazquez
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
**I was gifted with an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review**
One Chance Night (Make A Change #1) by Eliza Boyd
Eliza Boyd

First off I wanna say that I didn't know where this book was going at all. Every time I thought I knew what was about to happen I was surprised with a different turn out and i mean that in a good way. It really touched an issue that you don't read about often. Falling out of love and falling into just a routine and feeling like there is no way out. I thought this was so well written and such a different kind
Judy Miracle
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I absolutely loved this book. This is a story of a girl who works on reclaiming her life. It had me going all head over heals for Brett, and wanting to smack the crap out of a character and loving others i just wanna hug them.

This story was touching and based on a real life dilemma that more women go through daily than we know about. Chelsea is in a love less marriage and has been for a while. Although not physically abused she is emotionally and verbally and always fears that one day it could
circumspect4
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!!! I couldn't put it down and read it on one setting. I could totally relate to what Chelsea was going through in her marriage and how she didn't realize that she was a victim of emotional abuse. The one part that I did struggle with was her actions with Brett the first time they meet and how irresponsible she was being along with her friends, and how she put herself in such a potential dangerous situation. Now I know this is just a book but it does concern me for ot ...more
K. Webster
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful! I enjoyed the fresh, simple romance. And for a non-country music lover, Eliza Boyd sucked me into Chelsey and Bret's world, willingly. Yes, I went willingly. Boy, was I glad I did. The story wove a tale of a woman in a loveless, borderline abusive marriage. She waited on her ungrateful husband hand and foot but never found one single inkling of happiness. But then, Chelsey went to a concert on one chance night unbeknownst to her husband and let her hair down.

This is not
Molli Moran
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
“Someday, I want to be loved like a country song.”

Eliza Boyd's ONE CHANCE NIGHT is a stirring, inspirational journey following Chelsea, who makes the most of her "one chance night," finally finding the courage to change her life and chase down the happiness she's never had. I devoured Eliza's book in one sitting! I was so proud of Chelsea and really enjoyed watching her growth, her new friendships, and how Eliza explored themes of self-love.

And the romance. The romance in ONE CHANCE NIGHT is al
Dayreader Reviews
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.
One Chance Night is a sweet romantic book with intense emotion. It will catch you from the beginning and it flows well until the very end.

Boyd filled this book with realist content and beautifully describes scenes. Her character development was layered and it rounded out the book to make this story one not to be missed.

You will both love and be frustrated the heroine,but with the perfect ending it making this a great book.

I give
Alyce Hunt
*This review will contain spoilers!*

First things first I need to say a huge thank you to Patchwork Press, for accepting my request to review this title on NetGalley, and to NetGalley for the service that they provide.

'Change has never done me any favors--mostly because I've never tried it-- so I don't know why I imagined that tonight would be any different.'

I was only involved with the release day blitz for Eliza Boyd's debut novel yesterday - but I absolutely flew through this book, so I've al
H. Taylor
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
originally posted at inkorkeys.com

*2.5 STARS*

There were many things I liked about this book and many things I didn’t like about this book.

What I liked:

Lets be honest, I’m a sucker for a good cover and Boyd has a really lovely cover.

The book held a nice and consistent pace. It never really lagged or had too long a pause between significant events. Boyd has done well to keep her readers attention.
The writing itself was also a highlight of this book for me. It was very well written which is a smal
Sarah Fairbairn
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
“Losing myself and my own identity to become Mrs. Wesley Greer isn’t what I planned to do” Girl I’m feeling you! You hit me straight in the heart with that one!

Chelsea is only 23. She got married at 19 and has been miserable pretty much since. Wesley is a pig and a spoil brat! By the end of only the 1st chapter I wanted to jump in the between the pages and kick his arse, then drag Chelsea out by her hair and slap some sense into her.

Chelsea has let Wesley get away with his selfish and chauvinist
Kristilyn (Reading In Winter)
You know what Twitter is great for? Book recommendations! There have been so many times where I’ve just been tweeting nonsense (as usual) and see that everyone is tweeting about a certain book that I just have to check it out. Or, in this case, I saw that a fellow blogger had written a book. I had just finished the book I had been reading so I thought, why not? Let’s give it a try!

One Chance Night was a super quick read and a great breather book between historical romances (which I love reading,
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}
This review was originally posted on Rebel Mommy Book Blog Review
This was a quick, cute book about a woman taking back control of her life and finding herself and love along the way.

We open with seeing Chelsea's life with her husband who is the biggest jerk. We find out later, unsurprisingly, he is verbally and emotionally abusive. She does everything she can to avoid his wrath. She cooks, cleans, runs and diets to keep in shape. She doesn't go out besides to work. It is ridiculous. She clearly
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

Upon finishing, my initial reaction:

FEELS. So. Many. Feels. Such a powerful and honest story. There were definitely tears falling down my cheeks.

My Thoughts (full review):

When I first heard about Eliza Boyd's debut novel, I was super stoked and couldn't wait to read it. I expected it to be an emotionally charged book, one that would bring on the feels. I just had no idea how many feels it would bring, and how much it would make me
Tonyalee
See this review and more on my blog, After Hours at Lilybloombooks

I love when a book not only takes me by surprise, but has the ability to make me think. What one would consider this situation to be "black and white," isn't. It's easy to sit on the outside passing judgement, or give advice we feel is an obvious solution without knowing the full details or how alone, isolated and lost someone really is.

Chelsea has been married to her high school sweet-heart for four years and is not happy. Taking
2kasmom
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chelsea goes out with a friend from work to hear Country Music. She loves it, but her husband does not. In fact, there is a lot they no longer have in common. It may be time to let him go. She is thinking this through as she arrives to hear the music.

While at the bar in Chicago, she meets Brett. He plays the guitar like a pro and has a duo with Ian that blows the public away. When he is not performing, he is talking to Chelsea and her friends. She finds that he is just as attracted to her as she
Ayah
I received an eARC of One Chance night from Patchwork Press via NetGalley, in exchange with my honest review .

This is not just about romance; it is about getting a second chance and learning how to make the best out of it.

The character building was on point! I was able to feel Chelsea's distress, Brett's charming charisma, and Wesley's jerkiness . I can rant all day on why I love Brett, and hate Wesley.

Did I mention that is under 200 pages ?? Imagine how ( not so long )it took me to feel all of
H.L. Nighbor
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I was provided an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review. I did not receive any compensation for providing my opinion.**

One Night Chance by Eliza Boyd is a story about rediscovering who you are and finding the strength to go after what you want. I enjoyed the book. It is different than a lot of the books that I have been reading lately. It is a sweet and simple story and there isn’t a whole lot of action and dramatics. It was a refreshing read.

One Night Chance is a story about Chelsea, a twen
Jenna
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I really wouldn't call it a romance even though there is some, but more of a story about finding yourself and sticking up for her. This book handles something that is close to my heart, emotional abuse. I have been that emotionally abused girl before but luckily I got away from that relationship before marrying the guy, but I was young and even though it has been several years since I let that relationship go, I still find myself struggling with things that were said to ...more
Maryna aka Ryna
May 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
This review is going to be very short because I have a brother who wants the laptop. :'( I always hate giving out bad reviews because I feel that the authors will hate me after this! I know that a lot of people loves this book but I just could not get into this book! I made it up to fifty pages when I just gave up! I can say the writing technique is good because I like that type of technique but for me the lead heroine was just so whining! If you don’t like your husband then seriously do somethi ...more
Grace Neumann
Sep 17, 2015 rated it liked it
One Chance Night is one of the many NetGalley books that I read, loved, but never wrote a proper, full-length review on. Now, I’m slowly working my way back through that collection on my kindle, because there are some true gems in there that I feel not a lot of people know about. One Chance Night by Eliza Boyd was at the top of the list, because I distinctly remembered it being amazing. My memory served me right; I devoured this book, just like I did the first time I read it.

Read the full review
Jeanette Oglesby
Jun 13, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I received an ARC for my honest review.

This Book for me was just okay. I had some issues with this book. One issue I had was that I just didn't feel like the characters were as young as 24 and felt like they were much older than that. I couldn't really connect with the characters. This is not a terrible book, but it just wasn't my kind of book. Although the ending was better than the beginning and middle of the book and it made it worth my time reading.
April Johnson
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was awesome. The chemistry between Chelsea and Brett was there for the beginning. I couldn't put it down mi love everything about it the characters was truly awesome and the storyline was beautifully written. I can't wait to get my hands in the next one. I'm so glad that I came across Eliza and she gave me the opportunity of reading this book. Can't wait to read more from her.
P
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good, well written story that will make you think. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it! Disclosure: I received this book free and voluntarily reviewed it.
Kimberly
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book at rebels and readers and wasnt for sure about what it was about but i liked the cover. The story line was good and I loved the characters. I read it in one day.
Eliza Boyd is a sweet contemporary romance author. Also an avid reader, she writes novels, short stories, poetry, and whatever else strikes her fancy. Born and raised in Northern Illinois, she now lives in sunny Arizona with her husband and her plethora of animals. When she's not reading, writing, or working, she can be found walking around her neighborhood (for exercise, not for stalking), taking ...more

Make A Change (2 books)