Start by marking “Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery #2” as Want to Read:
Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery #2

Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery #2

(Little Beach Street Bakery #2)

Summer has arrived in the Cornish town of Mount Polbearne and Polly Waterford couldn't be happier. Because Polly is in love: she's in love with the beautiful seaside town she calls home, she's in love with running the bakery on Beach Street, and she's in love with her boyfriend, Huckle.

And yet there's something unsettling about the gentle summer breeze that's floating thro
Published February 26th 2015 by Sphere

To ask other readers questions about Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery #2, please sign up.
Becky Yes you'll definitely want to read "The Little Beach Street Bakery" first. The two books are about the same people, the main character moves to the…moreYes you'll definitely want to read "The Little Beach Street Bakery" first. The two books are about the same people, the main character moves to the island in the first book and continues her life in the second. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Syazmini Ghani
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Paul E. Morph
Well, here we are back at the Little Beach Street Bakery and, before we can even start queuing up for our bread rolls, the author immediately overturns the happy ending from the first book. Yes, everything's coming up dog poo for our protagonists... and it's just as well, really, as it wouldn't have been a very interesting book otherwise.

As it is, what we end up with is that rare beast: a sequel that is actually better than its predecessor! I know; that hardly ever happens, right? Well, in this
Elaine
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am beginning to get a little soft spot for Mount Polbearne – a quintessentially Cornish seaside town with cobbled streets, a fishing fleet and a lighthouse, it really does sound the perfect holiday destination and this book in particularly has really got me yearning for the summer to come now.

When we join the residents, Polly Waterford thinks life just couldn’t get any better. She has her dream job running her bakery, living in a lighthouse with her gorgeous American boyfriend Huckle and her c
Thyago | MrsMargotBlog
QUE LINDO!!!
Foi tão bom poder viajar outra vez até à Cornualha, voltar a sentir os cheiros e sabores dos pães da Polly, ver onde a relação dela com o Huckle chegou.
Ter a Selina mais presente foi interessante, Malcolm foi detestável.
E mais uma vez adorei as receitas que autora deixou no final do livro.
E devo dizer que já estou ansioso por ler o terceiro, que só pelo título deve vir aí uma mão cheia de receitas natalícias, quero muito.
Teria tanto para falar deste livro, mas não quero fazer spoil
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery is a sweet book! ;)

Honestly, I've come to love Jenny Colgan's books and I'm kind of sad to have read this book since it's the last one in this series so far). This is book two, but of course, I started off by reading book three, then book one and now this one. Still, it doesnt matter if you read them in a different order, each book has a deliciously interesting story with both sadness and humor mixed together. I listened to the audio version and honestly, th
C-shaw
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I suddenly realized that my library books are due Wednesday and I have this one and _News of the World_ still to read. Eek, drinking coffee now to stay up late and get a good ways through another of Jenny Colgan's good novels before farming duty calls in the morning. :-} Stress like this I can handle, no worries.
* * * * *
Whew, finished it just after midnight. I am in love with these characters, Huckle (very cool name), Polly, and Neil the puffin. This is not great literature, just an imminently
Rosanna Threakall
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a perfect sequel. Such a perfect series. So far, a flawless author.

It's immersive, it's emotive, it's amazing-ive (?!)

Please read, thank you.
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Having been a huge fan of all of Jenny Colgan’s books so far, I couldn’t wait to sit down and get started on her latest release – Summer At Little Beach Street Bakery!

It is Summer in the Cornish town of Mount Polbearne and Polly Waterford couldn’t be happier. Polly is in love – with the beautiful seaside town she calls home, with running the bakery on Beach Street, and she’s definitely in love with her boyfriend, Huckle. And yet there’s something unsettling about the gentle summer breeze that’s
Vanessa Silva Martins
Jenny Colgan foi o melhor achado que a editora quinta essência fez dentro da literatura de romance.
Maria João (A Biblioteca da João)
8,5 de 10*

Jenny Colgan surpreendeu-me pela sua escrita leve e fresca no livro “Pão, Mel e Amor”. Assim que vi editado o seu novo livro “Tempestade de Verão”, e sabendo que dá continuidade à história de Polly, Huckle e Neil no belo cenário que é a ilha de Mount Polbearne, entrou imediatamente na minha wishlist. Que bom foi voltar a esta história!
Apesar de ter um ou outro ponto menos bem conseguido, esta comédia romântica mantém o registo do livro anterior, que me deu imenso prazer ler!

Comentário
Anja
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Polly thinks, she has it all: handsome, lovely boyfriend, wonderful bakery, new friends, a beautiful island and a lighthouse as her new home. It couldn't be better for her. But of course, fate strikes again and Polly loses her bakery to a horrible man and her boyfriend has to go back to where he came from once again. Also, a woman returns to Mount Polbearne, who has something to do with the misery from the previous year and Pollys feelings about everything are turned upside down. Again.

Well, at
prettybooks
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
14/20

Un plaisir de retourner sur cette petite île, retrouver son ambiance et les personnages de cette série. C’est la lecture feel-good par excellence, et tout ce dont j’avais besoin au moment de ma lecture. Je regrette les longueurs de ce tome et certains rebondissements qui étaient à mon sens un peu de trop, mais j’ai trouvé dans cette lecture la douceur que je recherchais.

Ma chronique : https://myprettybooks.wordpress.com/2...
Paula Reis
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deliciosa continuação de Pão Mel e Amor.
O Amor tudo consegue, a tenacidade ajuda muito e a humildade dá uma mão gigantesca! Receita para um livro de ler e chorar por mais!
Beverly J.
I have no words to describe how cliché this thing was. I enjoyed the first one but this one was ridiculous.
Summer Ashbee
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I love Neil the puffin.
Zdenka Wé
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dospelacke
Po sérii náročnejších textov, pomalšie plynúcich dejov a až príliš reálnych príbehov, som potrebovala siahnuť po niečom oddychovejšom.
Jenny Colgan píše romantiku, avšak dobre, jej knihy nie sú zbytočne preplácané.
Léto s vůní čerstvého chleba je pokračovanie knihy Ostrov s vůní čerstvého chleba. Obe knihy rozprávajú príbehh o Polly, mladej žene, ktorej sa rozpadne vzťah aj práca a tak sa rozhodne pre radikálny obrat. Odíde na ostrov kde začne piecť chrumkavý, voňavý chlieb. Spoločnosť jej robí ro
Cassidy (Cassidys.Bookshelf)
Mount Polbearne is a tiny island off the coast of England that is home to a thriving bakery all thanks to Polly Waterford. She's finally doing what she loves, her American boyfriend is living with her in their newly purchased (but seriously falling apart) lighthouse and they have a pet puffin named Neil. What more could she ask for? Of course things can never be smooth sailing and an unforseen event takes place that makes Polly wonder if she will be able to hold on to the new life she has create ...more
Nélia Rosa
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uma leitura leve e que deixa água na boca com as receitas que apresenta. Tenho de fazer algumas!
Fabi
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Livro bom com receitas muito boas!
Clarabel
En comparaison de La petite boulangerie du bout du monde, c'est décevant ! :(
Malgré tout, je n'ai pas boudé mon plaisir car la lecture n'en demeure pas moins plaisante et douillette. Elle inspire une profonde sympathie et procure une sensation apaisante. #irrécupérable
Mom
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the second offering from this author that I have read. The first one I liked much better than this one. The premise on both were interesting but the execution failed for me on this one. The main character has a good story arc but I felt the other characters were a bit outlandish and unbelievable. The main character was British and her love interest was supposed to be American. I can understand that through spending time in the country he would pick up phrases that were local so his dialo ...more
Bookevin
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it

Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery will appeal to Jenny Colgan's fans and readers who fell in love with that little adorable puffin, Neil in The Little Beach Street Bakery. With Jenny Colgan's trademark humour and her arsenal of deliciously written artisan breads, get your holiday bags packed for another getaway at Polbearne!
Rebecca Carter
Loved it. A perfect feel good book. I'm just sad that it had to end as i was getting a soft spot for Mount Polbearne and the lovely characters that live there. I may have to take up baking as a hobby and hope it leads me to such a gorgeous sounding place where I can have my own pet puffin ;) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jenny will one day write a third book so we can see revisit Polly, Hutch, Neil and co and see what they have been up to.
Agi
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, favourite
Jenny Colgan seems to feel really well with her formula, and I find it absolutely OK, because well, just give me a book with cupcakes, bread or other cakes or tea - rooms in it and I'm sold, and I personally can't wait for new releases from this author. I know I am for a real treat with her every new book, and I enjoy them all because they are full of warmth, human feeling and they always put a smile on my face. What should I want more? It also seems that I can't have enough of stories set on sm ...more
Luise
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it

In this second part, the happy end of Polly and her little bakery is threatened by the new owners.  That 'evil counterpart' spiced the storyline up which was quite good.

It didn't make up for everything else, though. It's not like there was nothing happening or something. But it kind of felt that way. There's Polly in various shades of miserable, a happy end turned unhappy, nothing cute and a bunch of new/ annoying/ not very likable/ I-don't-care-about-them people. (And good old Huckle i
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
This one was a struggle. I so enjoyed the first book in this series, but this was disappointing! So many depressing events in Polly's life and she had no fire left to her! It was beyond frustrating to read about how helpless and hopeless she was the whole time, and always tongue tied in the face of Malcolm the outrageous bully. So much of this book was the same events happening again from the first book, and the part with a hurt Neil made me cry it was not necessary!
DJ Sakata
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

“Flora Larson, who worked in the old bakery, always had the look of someone expecting to be in trouble at any moment. She was thin and stooped, with a hangdog stance, and had a way of peeking up through an overlong fringe that simply looked guilty, even though there was a pretty face hiding in there somewhere.”

“‘There is no point being bitter that there are wankers in the world,’ said Huckle. He sounded funny saying ‘wanker’ in his thick Southern accent. ‘If there weren’t any wan
Paula Sealey
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Polly is living an idyllic life in the Cornish town of Mount Polbearne. Happily running the little towns bakery and living in a lighthouse with her boyfriend, she feels life can not get any better. But visitors to their town bring change with them, and Polly soon finds her life taking a downturn. Can she pick herself up and save the life she so loves?

A highly entertaining read, I found myself reading on well into the night to discover what would happen to the various town inhabitants. Polly hers
Robin Stevens
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, flip, I love these books. They're like literary hugs, lovely romantic worlds where cake is good, love will triumph and everything will be OK. Plus, in this case, there's a puffin. (14+)

Melanie
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british, chick-lit, sweet
I love Jenny Colgan. Her books are just delightful and fun and sweet, full of interesting and quirky characters and humor. This was no exception, though not quite as good as the first in the series. Probably 3.5 stars, but I'm rounding up because Neil!!
Anna
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
The epilogue decided the fourth star. Thought it dragged on a bit about 60-70% in but yeah, the epilogue saved it. For the best reason, you know what I mean.
  • What Would Mary Berry Do?
  • The Year of Taking Chances
  • Rules (Maggie Adair #2)
  • Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights
  • The Teashop on the Corner
  • The Mysterious Miss Mayhew
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete Novel
  • Ivy Lane
Jenny Colgan is the author of numerous bestselling novels, including 'The Little Shop of Happy Ever After' and 'Summer at the Little Beach Street Bakery', which are also published by Sphere.' Meet Me at the Cupcake Café' won the 2012 Melissa Nathan Award for Comedy Romance and was a Sunday Times Top Ten bestseller, as was 'Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams', which won the RNA Romantic ...more

Little Beach Street Bakery (3 books)
  • Little Beach Street Bakery