Start by marking “The Christmas Treasure” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Treasure

The Christmas Treasure

From award-winning, best-selling romantic suspense author Mallory Kane., comes a short, historical Christmas novella, about loss and lies and the healing power of love.

Lorilla traveled alone over the treacherous Santa Fe Trail to find love. What she finds instead is a man whose heart is turned to stone.

Gabriel Beltran paid dearly for a widow who'd born a child. What he g
Published October 26th 2014 by Self-published

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Treasure

Start your review of The Christmas Treasure
Vikki Vaught
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful heart-felt Christmas story. Sometimes the best things really do come in a small package, or in this case, a short story. I could not read this little gem fast enough. One of my favorite troupes is a marriage of convenience story, and this one is excellent. Mallory Kane has such a smooth and flowing writing style, bringing to life the vivid countryside surrounding Santa Fe, New Mexico with a masterful touch, and allowing me to experience the deep desires of the hero and heroine.

L
Celestine
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: western-romance
I picked this book up after reading another short story by Mallory Kane called September Rain. Both books shared a common thread with a hard-bitten man who had love, lost it, and vowed to never love again. This story was fine, and featured some real gumption by Rilla, but I couldn't seem to get past how bitter Gabriel Bertran seemed for a large part of the story. I think I wanted him to love Rilla a little sooner and for herself. Even though they lived together as husband and wife, it seemed as ...more
Windsong
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
New Mexico treasure

This is a sweet love story. I often read romances of all sub-genres -according to my moods. The one thing a story must have is HEA. This story is fiery, sad, sweet, irritating, heart-wrenching and full of slow loving.

Rilla is from St Louis and after being deceived by her "cruel" step father..yes there are three step brothers ... she ends up on a 5 month journey to Santa Fe. Marries on nochebuena, and finds she is too pure for her husband's needs.

But they work it out...thanks
Lucretia
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it.
Peggy Martin
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story. it was well written and you had to read it all before putting it down! I love Mallory Lanes books
Karen
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Not exactly uplifting with a man grieving for dead wife & buying a 2nd wife like a broodmare.

I felt so sad & frustrated at Lorilla's treatment both before and after she arrived.
Sherri Dewey
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Treasure of a book

There is intrigue, deception and a wonderful love story. I highly recommend this book. Very different from most mail order bride novels.
Joyce Outlaw
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very very good book

I love the book. It kept you reading it ..I wish it was Longer.I love reading .It ended good too.
Leah
Dec 08, 2014
Bekah
rated it did not like it
Feb 09, 2020
Jessica Arrowood
Dec 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Bride's Perfect Match
  • Twelve Brides Journey West: A 12-Book Box Set: Clean Historical Western Romance Collection
  • The Trapped Bride and the Brave Farmer
  • Bursting with Love (Love in Bloom #8; Love in Bloom: The Bradens #5; The Bradens at Weston, CO #5)
  • CARRIE'S MAIL ORDER HUSBAND
  • CHRISTMAS COWBOY
  • By His Desire
  • Treasures of the West 6 Book Box Set: A Saga of Sisters Finding Love on the Frontier
  • A Mother for her Birthday (Mail Order Brides of Arkansas)
  • The Bride's Salvation
  • A Cheyenne Christmas (The Sweet Cheyenne Quartet, #1)
  • Camilla's Daughters
  • Mail Order Rescue (Bluebonnet Brides Book 2)
  • Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3)
  • Mail Order Hope (Bluebonnet Brides Book 4)
  • Mail Order Destiny (Bluebonnet Brides Book 5)
  • Above All Else (Sandy Cove, #7)
  • The Preacher’s Pregnant Bride
Bestselling romance author Mallory Kane has published over 40 romantic suspense titles between Harlequin Intrigue and Tule Publishing Group, and she has multiple independent projects spanning genres. Mallory loves romantic suspense with dangerous heroes and dauntless heroines, and she enjoys tossing in a bit of her medical knowledge for an extra dose of intrigue.

Mallory taught herself to read at

News & Interviews