Start by marking “The Dollhouse Mirror” as Want to Read:
The Dollhouse Mirror

Read Excerpt

The Dollhouse Mirror

In this beautifully crafted collection of haiku-like poetry, you are invited to stop and wander over each poem, to let yourself linger in that moment between dream and reality. Within that world, you may find that many of the things you thought were only fantasy are more real than you imagined.

From the burning carnality of love, to the mystical attraction of nature,
Published October 29th 2014 by Plum White Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dollhouse Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dollhouse Mirror

Voices In My Head by Cindy J.  SmithSeptember Verses by Hunter S. JonesExotic Neurotic by Kenneth Jarrett SingletonThey Won't Shut Up by Cindy J.  SmithA Conceptual Circus by Kenneth Jarrett Singleton
Indie Poetry
452 books — 469 voters
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side by Agatha ChristieThe Amber Spyglass by Philip PullmanCharlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald DahlThrone of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Glass and Mirrors
236 books — 32 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Dollhouse Mirror
Fabiyas M
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Dollhouse Mirror By Frank Watson
A Review By Fabiyas M V
The Dollhouse Mirror is collection of fifty eight poems by Frank Watson, a poet and editor from U S A. Frank takes the reader to a realm between dream and reality. Sometimes, we feel as if watching Akira Kurosawas movie, Sunshine Through The Rains, which is a fusion of reality and fantasy. He portrays intense love as well as mystic experience in the pages.

Frank Watson opens the door to his Dollhouse telling us the love of beauty that
Michelle
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for creativity!I related to all of them and don't know if this book will pass on to others.Sorry-it's a keeper.
Nina
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It's about 58 pages of cute, sweet poems and I really loved them! A very quick read too! I'm starting to get into poetry more and this book makes me want to read more!
Diane
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Dollhouse Mirror provides a doll's-eye view out the window and tells of life through a series of vignettes and insights that are short, precise, and reflective observations. The twist is the perspective as the doll observes the 'girl of her dreams' and also the wider world this embraces, while the works themselves are particles of insight and wonder that are vivid and revealing: "alone among the flowers/sleeping beneath the sun/our love's a fallen shower/whose water path has run." Blend in ...more
Kim Justice
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Poetry Lovers
Shelves: reviewed
This collection of poetry indeed take me into a different style as well as taking my imagination outside the box of realism to make believe.

I used to write some poetry some long years ago. But the style within the cover of The Dollhouse Mirror some how makes me want to create some imaginable worlds of my own.

The Cover I feel fits the book. I love the:

To read more of my review:
Breath of Life
Dõmi
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short, quick read but very unique.
Shawna Brooks
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a galley copy of this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

This book was HAUNTING. There is no other word for it. Fantasy, romance, contemporary, mystery, and historical all rolled into one; each poem brought all of my emotions bubbling to the surface. It's not something I will soon forget, and some poems, like the one depicting the forest and the wolf howling under the moon, will stay with me for a long long time.
Graham
Nov 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book as part of a goodreads giveaway.

I'll start with the negatives, the poetry didn't seems to flow from one piece to another, it was almost as if you had to take the book apart and put the pages back together in the right order. This confusing structure really lost the book one star as I found it frustrating.

On the positive this was the best poetry book I read this year. I did like several of the pieces and it contained good imagery.
Louise
Dec 28, 2014 added it
In this beautifully crafted collection of haiku-like poetry, you are invited to stop and wander over each poem, and let yourself linger in that moment between dream and reality. Within that world, you may find that many of the things you thought were only fantasy are more real than you imagined.

makes you pause for a moment and appreciate living and loving

I recieved this book for free through goodreads first reads
Lon
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a very pleasant read of short poems. Each poem communicates a lovely image in a simple way, that you really can wander over as the description says. And what I love most about short poems is that they really allow you to meditate on the beauty of language itself. I really enjoyed reading this collection of poems.
Claudia
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
How absolutely gorgeous is this cover!
This is a collection of 58 haiku poems. It is an easy read made difficult by the depth and thought needed to fully interpret each individual poetry set.

I received this book from Goodreads Firstreads
Aymée Meira
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
A short reading, but effective. Beautiful composition of words, very sensitive and imagetic. Poetry is a very good food for the heart. The graphic work is impeccable and very beautiful.
It is a book to read again several times.
Gina
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads, poetry
I received this book as a first read. It was very haiku like. It felt disjointed. There's a lot of potential though. I'd be more curious to read a longer set of poetry that follows the tarot card theme set out in this book.
Deborah
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

An enjoyable book of prose.
Nicky
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was given this book via goodreads.This is a book of short poems....a few lines per page and I found them fascinating.The shortness gave them more impact and it's a good book to ponder over.
Bree Hodges
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
great and meaningful, easy, and super fast poem :)
Pamela Jones
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was lots of fun. I like the scattering of ones to the major arcana in Tarot.
Erin Farmer
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm not a huge poetry fan, but love Ellen Hopkins so figured I'd give this a shot. 60some pages read in 2 minutes. Could've saved some trees and posted in on 5 pages lol
秀儀 Nightingale
Absolutely love the cover art. Quick easy read, with few words and few lines on each page. Beautiful cover with beautiful contents to match.
Susan Walker
This is a book of poetry.
Elma
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I also received the book for free. It is easy to read and lovely. Anyone could relate to most of the poems.
Barbara
The Dollhouse Mirror- a review by Fabiyas M V 1 3 Dec 03, 2014 07:56AM
finding meaning
in the subtle underpinnings
of this soft earth

Frank Watson was born in Venice, California and now lives in New York. He enjoys literature, art, calligraphy, landscaping, history, jazz, international travel, kickboxing, and powerlifting. Publications include The Dollhouse Mirror, Seas to Mulberries, and One Hundred Leaves. He has also edited several volumes, including The Poetry Nook