Start by marking “The Missing One (Lost Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Missing One (Lost Series, #2)

The Missing One

(Lost #2)

Everything in Melodi White’s life is finally perfect. She has an amazing man by her side, she’s made lifelong friends and she’s starting to live the life she and her twin sister Abby dreamed of. But things don’t stay perfect for long.

Melodi lives constantly haunted by the past of her sister Abbi and her ex-boyfriend Jacob. Can Melodi and Corban move forward with their rela
Published 2015 by Liz Lovelock

To ask other readers questions about The Missing One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Missing One

Di
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh
Not for me

Unfortunately, despite this one having a meatier storyline, the book just did nothing for me. I finished it, but I skimmed loads as I couldn't wait to finish it. Despite skimming over large chunks I didn't feel like I missed anything vital. I found both Melodi and Abby equally annoying.
I hate not enjoying a book, and not being able to leave a good review for the author, because they worked so hard on it. Unfortunately this series was not for me.
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Reading the sequel to a good book always makes me happy. The Missing One by Liz Lovelock is no exception. It was a gripping, fast-paced, whirl of a novel that made me turn page after page trying to figure out what happened next.

Since the characters are all the same in this book, with the exception that it’s told from Abby’s point of view instead of Melodi’s, it is still an absorbing read. As I stated in my review for the first book, The Lost One, I was really interested to read Abby’s view of t
Dariana Atanasova
Mar 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Why did I read this book again? Hm, let me think. I read the first one in the series, laughed so much that I forgot how ridiculously bad it was, and told myself that I need to pick up the sequel to see if it’s as equally terrible. Was I disappointed? Of course not, because my expectations were as low as Melodi’s morals. Where do I begin, honestly?
Ok so remember when I said in my review of “ The lost one “ that the death of Abby was an afterthought? Scratch that- her whole existence is meaningle
Teri
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh you authors have given me such a suspicious mind. First I expected Corban to show some twisted part of himself that hadn't been seen. It would have broken my heart but I would have adjusted. Then you bring in Blake who with is connections to Jacob couldn't possibly be good and kind and not have some type of alter ego. But no that's not here you took us it was somewhere totally different. That's what made this story. The characters are strong and true with their own faults some good bt mostly ...more
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
3.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐💫
The Missing One is part two of the Lost series and it picks up right where book one left off. It’s a very quick and easy read.

Most of this novel is told in Abby’s POV (the sister who was thought dead but- surprise- she’s alive), and it is told in present time as well as three years in the past. We find out more about Abby’s abusive ex and their relationship, and we also find out how Blake enters her life and how he’s tied to Jacob.

Like in book one, the insta-love romance between
Clara Atkinson
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Missing One is the conclusion to the Lost Series and picks up where The Lost One left off. Melodi has come face to face with her sister who she thought was murdered by her boyfriend Jacob 3 years ago. So many emotions go through Melodi at that moment. Jacob continues to harass her by sending messages and flowers. As times goes on she learns more about what happened to Abby during her relationship with Jacob and when she disappeared. There is betrayal, twist and turns that you won't see comin ...more
Chantal Baxendale
Speechless - I can't begin to express how much I enjoyed this book and this series! This series is so full of raw emotion, suspense, action, anticipation, tears, love and angst. What a fantastic read with the most stunning cover to match. I loved it all as crazy as it got. I highly recommend this series #familylove
Leigh Lennon
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story line was so interesting, a twin losing her sister (from the first book) and then the continuation of the missing twin's story in this book. The writing was alright but the story was so good that I will give it four stars. I enjoyed the life of Melodi and Abby and the love that they found in their men.
There were a lot of characters that I hope will get there own stories!
Crystal
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Missing One starts off right where it left off in book one The Lost One. Must read them in order. Abby is back from her the dead and everyone wants answers and boy do we get them. I was captivated with this story, I couldn't turn the pages fast enough I had to know what happens next. It was very well written and Intense story. Abby and Blake deserved a second chance to love eachother. Awesome series!
Samantha  Reavley
Nice story

Nice book with a simple just gripping storyline. It has a good feel to it to, nice characters and nicely written.
FeeMac
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liz Lovelock certainly writes with feeling. Insightful, dramatic storytelling provides not only a fast paced read but a heartrenching emotional tale.
Selena Hooker
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Great story. I really felt like a part of it. I am so in love with all the characters. I couldn't put the book down
Sarah Greenwood
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Goes down as another off my 2016 Bookworm Bingo Challenge – A book you own but have never read.

Well this one starts off right were we left off in The Lost One. After finding out that her sister Abby is actually still alive, and in her apartment to boot, I’m not at all surprised that she fainted. Her emotions are going to be all over the place already after finding out she is pregnant – with twins no less – so you can forgive her reaction after seeing her sister again when she thought she was dea
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange for an honest review ***

4 Stars!

I will admit, when I started this ARC, I did have to go back and skim through The Lost One since it has been awhile since I've read it. Once I did, it all came rushing back to me! The way it ended had my heart stopping. Even after I read it for the second time, my heart stopped once again! I remembered the way it ended and the details about the sister but I wanted to get the full details and the emotions that I
Kathleen R.
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall Stars: 4 STARS

Suspense
Romance

Can two lovers finally move on and find their own happily ever after?

Melodi lives constantly haunted by the past of her sister Abby and her ex-boyfriend Jacob. Can Melodi and Corban move forward with their relationship when som
Margaret
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars - A sweet NA romance with a really good mystery

This was a nice conclusion to the mystery that started in the first book in the series, The Lost One. A good chunk of the story focuses on events from the past and the story is told from multiple points of view which does help get a better understanding of some of the characters. This is a tough review to write since there isn’t a lot I can say without there being a spoiler!

The characters to me were just ok. Melodi tended to get on my nerv
Kathy Wideman
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: danger, dark, series, romance
This is the second book in this series and they must be read in order to understand what is happening. This book tells the story of what happened to Abby while she was gone and everyone though she was dead. Why she left and how she faked her death. Jacob is coming after Melodi because he believes that she knows that her sister is still alive and where she is. Melodi is pregnant with twins and Corban is doing everything he can to protect her and their unborn children. Melodi has no idea that her ...more
Books Laid Bare
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Melodi always believed her sister was dead, for years now she has lived with a nagging feeling that her sister’s abusive partner has killed her but she was never able to lay that thought to rest.
But at the end the first book The Missing One, Melodi is dealt a punch to the chest when her sister turns up, very much alive and willing to now share what exactly happened all those years ago.
Melodi needs to hear what Abby has been through, what her life with Jacob was like but it is far from easy list
Breanna Eichhorn
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this book you learn a lot about what Abby went through, how she got out and finding love while she was in an abusive relationship. Abby is back after three years and not a word from her. Jacob the man that she ran from three years ago, is going after her again. He sends flowers to the apartment everyday and makes that boys very worried. Melodi is expecting twin and know has the stress to add about having the need to protect her sister and niece Katie from that man. Corban is going to put them ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HOLY INTENSITY BATMAN! I want to say that I had been missing out by not reading Liz Lovelock sooner, but I find myself grateful that I got to read both books in the Lost Series at the same time because I nearly lost it when I had to go to the grocery store after I finished the first book before I could start The Missing One. You MUST read book 1 first.

Melodi White has been haunted by the past of her twin sister and her abusive boyfriend Jacob, but life is finally perfect. She has awesome friends
Caz
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh Liz Lovelock Author what have you done to me, that book was absolutely fantastic, I loved The Lost One and with the ending that provided I was like oh come on The Missing One is going to be awesome and I was not disappointed.

I love how this book was written, how we found out what had happened in the past was fantastic, and I loved how it was dual pov but not by who you think. I was expecting to be all in one persons but when Melodi was given chapters I was like yep I love it.

I loved Melodi’s
Lauren Firminger
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

I start off by thanking Liz for the ARC of The Missing One and giving me the chance to read this before it goes live. After reading the first one, I couldn't wait to dive into book 2.

So many emotions running through me with The Missing One. I had to stop and write some stuff down before I finished and could no longer form coherent sentences.

The Missing One is the continuing story of Melodi White only this one includes her sister Abby. “The Lost One” painted a pict
Paula  Phillips

For three years Melodi had thought that she had lost the one thing in her life that was most important to her - her other half, her twin sister Abby when she disappeared from the face of the earth leaving behind a fiance Jacob. Now she is back and Melodi has alot of questions for her , especially since she has in tow a little girl which is Melodi's niece. Where has Abby been all these years and why did she let her family believe she was dead ? Turns out that Abby's ex boyfriend Jacob was an abus
MJ Symmonds
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The missing One is the continuation of Melodi's story from The lost one. This book ties together all the loose ends. There was so much that I just needed to know from book 1. Well fear not readers you will get all the answers in this instalment.
I found that even though this was a multi POV it didn't affect the flow of the story. We get to hear from Abby everything that went down to lead to her faking her own death & to why she has returned.
Although Melodi & Abby have been reunited thin
Karen Harper
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you are anything like me, you would have finished “The Lost One” with lots of questions racing through your brain. I also wanted to read the next book immediately. I wanted those questions answered as well as justice. Thank goodness, that wait is now over!
The Missing One, the second book in the Lost Series, picks up immediately from the cliff hanger ending of The Lost One. I hate cliff hangers, but I loved The Lost One so much, I was willing to forgive Liz Lovelock.
If you thought that The Mis
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time reading anything by this author ,but what an amazing story this is. Everything is perfect in Melodi White's life now. She has amazing man by her side and long time friends. Now she's starting to live her life and her twin sisters Abby's always dreamed of. But the things in her life didn't stay that way. But Melodi is constantly haunted by her sister Abby's past and her ex-boyfriend Jacob. Can Melodi and her man Corban move forward with their life or not? Melodi is shocked ...more
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

I was so excited when this book landed on my kindle after the cliffhanger ending of The Lost One I couldn't wait to jump in and had finished it in just a few hours it completely hooked me again.
After getting over the initial shock of her discovery at the end of book one Melodi has lots of questions that need to be answered. When things take a turn for the worse in Melodi's life will Coban reach he
Smut Hut
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really loved this conclusion. I am again struck with not wanting to give anything away. A single word could be a spoiler.
This is an action packed book filled with love, loss, healing, and unexpected happiness.
I rarely give 4 stars to books that have fade to black sexy times. I need my smut. However I really liked this so it gets the extra .5
The only other "fault" I found, and I noticed it when I reread book 1, is how almost childish Melodi seems. She seems sheltered at times.
Nothing huge bu
Sara
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by the author to review

First let me say: I loved this book!

This is the continuation of Melodi and Corban's story from The Lost One. If you haven't read it, you will need to before reading this book.

One of the things I loved about this book was that it was told from multiple points of view. I loved hearing about what happened with Abby as well as what Melodi was thinking through it all.

This book was amazingly well written! It has the angst in there thanks to dic
L.A. Taylor
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. These are MY thoughts!

I found this to be a sweet and suspenseful story, full of ups and downs.

It's never easy (talking or) reading about domestic abuse whether it's real or a work of fiction so this book at more than one point had me in tears.

And while I'm not a very big fan of multiple POVs I found it worked well and gave a better insight into the characters.

This was a lovely book with great characters and writing. I adored Me
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • My Last Rock Bottom
  • Addicted to You
  • Saving Rain (Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Girl Over the Edge
  • Creeps
  • Keri Karin: the Shocking true story continued
  • You Are Mine (Nine Circles, #3)
  • Broken People
  • The Truth About Us (Mills Lake, #1)
  • On Ice
  • That Man Trilogy (That Man, #1-3)
  • The Beautiful-Ugly (The Beautiful-Ugly Trilogy, #1)
  • Big Bad Billionaire (The Woolven Secret, #1)
  • Holding Aces (The Kingdom, #1)
  • Promiscuous (Tease, #2)
  • Existing (Existing, #1)
  • Fix You: Bash and Olivia - Book Three (The McDaniels Brothers, #3)
  • Groomed
Liz is from bright sunny Queensland, Australia. She has always been a reader. When she was little she would be up late reading Garfield and Asterix comic books and also Footrot Flats. When she hit high school she read Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden and from there, her love of books continued to grow. She always has a book to read beside her bed along with a notebook for when inspirati ...more

Lost (2 books)
  • The Lost One (Lost, #1)