Start by marking “Mistake (Breaking the Rules, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mistake (Breaking the Rules, #4)

Mistake (Breaking the Rules #4)

***Mistake is book four in the Breaking the Rules series, but can be read as a standalone.***

Opal Redding has led a life full of mistakes. She left home at an early age to pursue a dream and follow her sister to the big city. Unfortunately, that dream turned into a nightmare when she landed in the clutches of the evilest and vilest of men.

Luckily, she escaped.

Now, four
Published (first published November 19th 2014)

Kayla
Another 5 star read. Shocker there. Not really because that's how K Webster rolls!! Mistake is book 4 in the Breaking the Rules series. You can read it as a standalone, but why on earth would you?? Books 1-3 are freaking amazing and so is this one so you should read them all!! Opal is Olive's little sister who makes nothing but bad decisions. In Olive's book we find out that Olive's stalker, Drake, is practically holding Opal hostage. Jackson and Bray are the Knights in shining armor and rescue ...more
Elle Christensen
Nov 13, 2014 Elle Christensen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
Love this book!! K. Webster’s Breaking the Rules series is one of my favorites. Mistake is an excellent addition to this series. Opal and Thad are fascinating characters. They are both so weak and yet so strong at the same time.
Opal and Thad both struggle from their own forms of addiction. Thad’s is more what you would expect. He has just returned from rehab for alcohol and drugs, and is determined to finally turn his life around. When he meets Opal, she is like a life line to help him crawl ou
Amy
Nov 13, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

I know I was a little late to the party in reading this series, so when I heard that there was going to be a Book 4, I got so excited. Just when I think it's impossible to love a character more, K. Webster, gives me a new one and totally blows my mind.

Opal has lived her life, making one mistake after another. Her last mistake turned into a real live nightmare that she barley survived. Now, it's four years later. She's almost finished with school and has finally caught the eye of Tren
Dena
Nov 03, 2014 Dena rated it it was amazing
Opal Redding has had a crush on Trent Sutton for 4 long grueling years. She has been working along side him without ever telling him her true feelings. She works for Jackson and Jordan, she is best friends with Andi and has been going to school to get her degree. She loves her sister, niece and brother in law so much but she just wants a family of her own one day, with Trent of course. But will he ever notice her? Opal is a beautiful bombshell that deserves to be noticed! Trent takes Opal to his ...more
Michelle
Nov 04, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! What to say about this book other then WOW it's simply freaking amazing. If you haven't read this series you really early NEED to and I am not even joking. My first thought after reading this book was, HOLY F**KING S**T that was awesome!!! This book has twists and turns that you wouldn't even imagine. When I got done with the third book SCARRED there was an excerpt for this book. When I read the excerpt I thought I knew what was going to happen but I was entirely wrong. I had no freaking ...more
Wendalina
Nov 22, 2014 Wendalina rated it it was amazing
I've been hoping Opals story would be written after reading Scarred, Olives (Opals sister) story. When all you've done is make mistakes that not only hurt you, but the people you love most you start reevaluating your life and the decisions you make. Theirs only so much one person can take before it starts to change them, or they decide to change. In this case Opal has had enough of living on the edge and letting the wind take her away, it's only led to destruction. She decides she's going to hav ...more
Jill
Nov 20, 2014 Jill rated it it was amazing
K Webster has done it again in this super steamy series of young professionals based in New York City. This time out we learn about Opal Redding, Olive's little sister and Compton Enterprises secretary. Opal is beautiful, charismatic and intelligent. She is working her way to a bachelor's degree in investment banking at CUNY and hoping to move up to a better position within Compton Enterprises once she graduates. She is tired of making "mistakes" and disappointing her mother and herself so she d ...more
Lindsey King
Nov 21, 2014 Lindsey King rated it it was amazing
Kristi kristi kristi...... you've done it yet again! Thad and Opal are amazing!!! Thad is a freakin sweetheart out of this world! omg! I love him. He's so sexy and sweet. he may have made some mistakes in his past but he's more than making up for it in the present to make his future with Opal better. Opals sweet yet spunky/sassy attitude is awesome. I love her! instead of trying to sugar coat everything and make everything OK she faces her fears and moves on. I love how she's so matter of fact a ...more
Elizabeth Clinton
Nov 20, 2014 Elizabeth Clinton rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of Mistske. All I can say is that this book is simply Incredible and what a great story Opal and Thad's book is. These two characters are each broken and in their own way and each have Mistzkes between but when they meet the chemistry and connection is explosive right from the beginning. The two of them go through a rollercoaster of emotion but all that you are hoping for is their HEA and the end of their journey. This is book four in this series and let me say that with each ...more
Heather Ellis
Nov 22, 2014 Heather Ellis rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book, but that is no surprise since I loved the other 3 books in this series. Thad and Opal were so cute and I love how she stood up for him with his family. You may think Opal is a quiet person but she is so strong willed and tells it like it is. Thad is the perfect guy and is so freaking sweet. You are rooting for the two of them from the start. I can't wait for the next book in this series! Another job well done by K. Webster.
Shannon
Oct 29, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing book!!! This is the 4th book in my favorite series from this author. She has such a way of making you get attached to the characters, you just can't wait to see what happens next!!! Poor Opal stuck in a love triangle, but it worked out for the best!! Can't wait for the next installment for this series!!!
Catarina Swartz
Dec 11, 2014 Catarina Swartz rated it it was amazing
well this series by K.Webster just gets better and better with every installments. Mistake is Opals story, she has been wanting Trent Sutton for four years, but Trents Brother Thad throws a spanner in the works.

Opal has been making mistakes all her life, but when Thad Sutton walks into her life, together they help each other heal. They are each other's Rock and together they can concur anything.

Like in all the books in this series not everything is smooth sailing, they have their ups and downs b
Fikah
Nov 20, 2016 Fikah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read, adult
Despite the claim that this book can be read as stand-alone, I still feel that you have to read the #1, #2 and #3 to at least get a general picture of the story.

Because I just felt lost most of the time I was reading it.

Opal and Thad, both had tragic stories in the past. While the plot was moving, I felt like it was rather rushed. Because all of a sudden, 1 - Opal and Thad, who just met for few days, decided they were for each other; 2 - the appearance of Dr Martin Ellis *cough*(view spoiler)
Bibi
Nov 06, 2014 Bibi rated it it was amazing
Thad is a delicious black sheep of the family and everyone expects him to screw up. He's hit rock bottom and he's trying to find his way.

Opal is a gorgeous woman that has lived her life feeling like she was a mistake from the day she was born. She's made some bad choices, but she's on her way to getting her life in order.

Thad and Opal appear to be an odd couple in the beginning but you quickly learn that they have an electric attraction to each other and their love story is scorching hot.

I hope
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Dec 11, 2014 wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks) rated it really liked it
*** obsessed by books arc given for an honest review * * *

I haven't read the other books in this series, but what I can tell Opal has made alot of bad choices in her life and she has decided to make a plan for herself that will make her life perfect, and it involves her life crush Trent, if only she can get Trent to notice her. When Trent ask her out she thinks this is the start of her life plan, but she didn't know someone like Thad would enter her life. this was a good read the chemistry was
Nikki Mccrae
Jan 20, 2015 Nikki Mccrae rated it it was amazing
I seriously loved this book. It's definitely my favourite in this series so far. Opal and Thad have both had a rough time but fought their demons together and got their happy ever after. I could read this over and over again and never get tired of it!

This author is truly amazing and is exceptionally talented. I thoroughly enjoy reading everything she writes.

5 stars are definitely deserved for this one.
Kirstie McPherson
Oct 29, 2014 Kirstie McPherson rated it it was amazing
Well Phew!! Opal and especially Thad are hot hot hot!! I think we all wish to walk in a room and see a man like him! Loved their journey! I admit I was screaming Noooo at her with Trent though!! Another def must read from Kristi!! Yet another guy you've made me fall for! Great job!
Aldy
Jul 21, 2015 Kizzy rated it really liked it
4.5 stars .review soon!!
Julie Lavalle
Dec 28, 2014 Julie Lavalle rated it really liked it
4.5 stars WOW - she did it again - this one was just as good as the first 2 - so glad I have kept up with the series. Loved Thad from the moment he popped on the page and Opal is just a doll!!
Rose
Jun 01, 2016 Rose rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This was definitely the best book in the series so far!
Mandy Sawyer
Mar 22, 2015 Mandy Sawyer rated it it was amazing
Oh Thad, how I love the bad boy! This has the same chemistry as the first. I love the characters in this book and their issues. Keep them coming Kristi!!
Liz
Nov 01, 2014 Liz rated it it was amazing
I loved Thad and Opal's story, another brilliant instalment in this fabulous series.
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2014
CecilEmely
CecilEmely rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2014
Oh
Oh rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Jana Guy
Jana Guy rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2017
Tabitha Wade
Tabitha Wade rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Commitment (Change, #2)
  • Dare to Breathe
  • Winter Wedding (Blythe College, #3.5)
  • Being Kalli
  • Fusion (Explosive, #5)
  • Indigo Infinity (The Indigo Trilogy, #3)
  • Shifty Business (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #3)
  • Disturbing Behaviour
  • Cowboy Struggles (Down Under Cowboys, #3.5)
  • Awakened (The Legends Of Elyndia, #1)
  • Two Little Lies (Edgewood Falls, #2)
  • Tempered Steel (Steel Riders MC, #2)
  • Breathe Again (Breathe, #2)
  • Fuel To The Fire
  • Two Steps Back (Moving Forward, #2)
  • A Famous Affair (The Fame, #1)
  • Perfectly Scripted (The Scripted Series, #2)
  • Holly Madison (Sins of the Father, #2)
K Webster is the author of dozens of romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she's active on social media connecting with her readers.

Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K can always be found
More about K. Webster...

Breaking the Rules (5 books)
  • Broken (Breaking the Rules, #1)
  • Wrong (Breaking the Rules, #2)
  • Scarred (Breaking the Rules, #3)
  • Crushed (Breaking the Rules #5)