Start by marking “Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)

Leave the Window Open

(The Archived #2.5)

A free story from Wesley’s POV, set a few hours after the end of The Unbound.
Published January 6th 2015 by Victoria Schwab

Start your review of Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
READ THE SHORT STORY HERE: http://veschwab.wordpress.com/2015/01...

This just made me miss The Archived. I miss Mackenzie. I miss Wesley. I miss Roland. I just miss this world and it's fantastic characters.
I was so happy we got this little snippet where we focus on Wesley. He's such a unique character and HIS NAME IS REVEALED. HIS. REAL. NAME. IS. REVEALED.

Also can we just talk about how the last line of this story MELTED MY HEART BECAUSE OF FEELS.

I need a 3rd book and I need it ASAP. I'm not
Victoria Schwab
Oct 29, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Oh, hey, so I wrote this thing.

Annnnd it's finally here!

Debby

1.) The Archived ★★★★.5
2.) The Unbound ★★★★
*.) Leave the Window Open ★★★★

------------------------------

What an adorable little story to end the series. I know there was supposed to be a third book, but I'm perfectly happy with the way things wrapped up and this little story was just the icing on the cake!
mith
tbh i can read this 16 times a day and never get bored or love it any less.
------------
IM HYPERVENTILATING OMG I LOVED THIS IT WAS SO CUTE AND SO WESLEY AND I AM SQUEALING INTERNALLY
I will read anything that has cute moments with Wesley and Mackenzie BECAUSE OMG THEY ARE THE CUTEST

Soon
---------------
WESLEY WESLEY WESLEY WESLEY
MORE WESLEY MY BABY OMG.
Will it have his real name????
AND IT'S AFTER THE UNBOUND.
THAT ENDING FOR THE UNBOUND? IT HAD A PROMISE OF THEM.
Oh god I'm
may ❀

description

WHO DECIDED ON THE LENGTH OF THIS?!!?????!!!!!

My cheeks hurt from smiling so much!

Wesley Ayers has stolen my heart and my smiles and my cooing. This boy is so. Bloody. Adorable.

I NEED MORE WESLEY AYERS IN MY LIFE.
Katie
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS SERIOUSLY SO GREAT. I'm going to be laughing at Wesley's real name forever, also cuuuuute.
Pinky
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
YES I AM SO HAPPY THAT THIS WAS AVAILABLE! After reading the Unbound, I started researching about the possibilities of getting a third book in the series. And it Victoria Schwab says that she has plotted and planned out the third book and it might come out this year. But she doesn't know which type of format the book might come in but I really hope it comes out soon.

Have you ever went through the phase where you are in love with a book and don't wanna read anything else other then the book. A
Ferdy

Really short story from Wesley's POV. It was a decent enough read considering how much I hated Wesley turning into a typical slutty-flirty-cocky-secretive YA love interest in the second book. I still wasn't much of a Wesley fan in this, he was a bit too angsty for my liking but I guess it was nice getting a little more insight into his character, and his interaction with Mackenzie at the end was quite funny and cute.
prag ♻
(view spoiler) Wesley Ayers II. This made me happier than anything in 2016 did.

Actual footage of me reading this:
["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
☆ Mira ✷
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like feeling warm & fuzzy
I love Wesley. I love Mac. I love the Archive. I love Victoria Schwab. I wish this series would never end. :')

*high pitched screaming*

(oh, and I also love Wesley's name LOL)
Gaia
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
if i don't end up getting in a relationship with someone that is at wesley's level then what's the point
Jordan
Shelves: favorites
Leave me here to die.
Do you want to enjoy a brief shining moment of happiness, only to finish it uncertain when you'll get another one? Do you want to hear a lovely boy say lovely things about the girl he loves? Read on.
Rayne
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Is my first 5 star rating of the year really going to be a super short extra scene from one of my favorite books from last year?

Fuck. Yes.

#IWillGoDownWithThisShip
Michael
Shelves: read-2015
Something that took less than five minutes to read still made me laugh and feel the feels. My need to have The Archived book 3 immediately has been reignited. Victoria Schwab watchu doin??
Maggi
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How do I even begin to describe what I just read? I just can't. There are no words for it.

It's not a secret that The Archived Series/Trilogy (gosh I don't even know how many books there will be I feel terrible) is one of my favourites, because of the plot and the characters. It's such an unique story, and Victoria Schwab is just awesome. And it's not a secret that Wesley Ayers is really important to me, I just love him so much.
So it was really special to me to read from his P.O.V., because as mu
~Estelle~
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“I’m glad you told me,” she says, breathlessly.
"I didn’t tell you,” I point out.
"Well I’m glad I found out.”
"Why’s that?”
"Because now I won’t laugh when we become Crew.”
I go still. Not because I don’t want to hear those words. But because I do. I want them to be true.
"Do you mean it?” I ask, rolling gingerly to face her.
She mirrors me, rolling onto her side so I’m looking straight into her eyes. “Yes,” she says.
Ican tell I’m smiling like an idiot. I don’t care. “I don’t suppose you have any hidd
Giselle
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute little short story in the point of view of Wesley also known as Guyliner. Loved seeing his thoughts and how he sees Mackenzie. So cute! Did I mention we also get to find out what his REAL name is?

Go go go read it on Victoria's blog :)
Shahenda Khaled
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH That was perfect!!

It was the exact thing I needed to be able to wait patiently for the next book. I would love if it had a few chapters from Wesley's POV, that would be awesome!
Hannah
Shelves: novellas
Soooooo perfect! I NEED a third book desperately!
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
January 6th? WES POV?? I mean, WES POV? For real??

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

This just made my day!
Sana
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm so happy I could cry.
description

HELP ME.
DJ
Cute!
Mariah
“Why yes, Mr. Ayers, right this way. The Book Boyfriend TM section is the most comfortable one we have, I’m sure you’ll feel right at home.”
•Anna•
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
These two are so cute together.
I LOVE THEM *^*

“Mac,” I start, but it’s too late. She doesn’t just smile, she starts laughing, and I want to be angry but god, it’s the most beautiful sound in the world, even better than that storm going inside her head. I would slay monsters and run through fire and jump off cliffs just to hear that sound. Which is why it takes all my strength to stifle it, and press my hand over her mouth. The laugh becomes a muffled chuckle in her chest. And then her fingers
Clarissa
YESSSSSSSSS HALLELUJAH OMG

I WANT THIS SO BAD OH MY GOD

Me too Marty, me too.

UPDATE :
IT WAS PERFECT
Nikki
PERFECTION. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.
Alex
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS. WAS. PERFECTION.
Mel (Daily Prophecy)
Shelves: read-2015, novella
CUTE. SO CUTE.

"She’s worth the bruised ego. She’s worth the real bruises, too. She’s even worth the needles."

And important information was shared :D
Sarah Knope
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredible. Victoria Schwab is such a wordsmith.

• Warm Up  (Villains, #0.5)
  • Shades of Magic Vol. 3: The Rebel Army
  • Vengeful (Villains, #2)
  • The Storyteller's Daughter (Storyteller's Series, #1)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Raybearer (Raybearer, #1)
  • Loveless
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - Relics (Free Comic Book Day 2011)
  • A Sprinkle of Sorcery (A Pinch of Magic, #2)
  • Folktales from Ravka: Little Knife, The Too-Clever Fox, The Witch of Duva
  • Happily Ever After & Everything In Between
  • Vicious (Villains, #1)
  • Shades of Magic Vol. 2: Night of Knives
  • COVID-128 (The Lunar Chronicles #4.6)
  • We Are the Wildcats
  • Queen of Volts (The Shadow Game, #3)
  • Defy or Defend  (Delightfully Deadly, #2)
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, Raven, and Alex
Victoria is the product of a British mother, a Beverly Hills father, and a southern upbringing. Because of this, she has been known to say "tom-ah-toes," "like," and "y'all."

She also tells stories.

She loves fairy tales, and folklore, and stories that make her wonder if the world is really as it seems.

The Archived (3 books)
  • The Archived (The Archived, #1)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • The Returned (The Archived, #3)