Start by marking “Fringe Benefits (The Ladies Who Lunch, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fringe Benefits (The Ladies Who Lunch, #4)

Fringe Benefits

(The Ladies Who Lunch #4)

When life gets tough and love is hard to find, four friends take their troubles to lunch. High school teacher Danielle Bradshaw deserves a happily ever after, and the Ladies Who Lunch are determined to deliver Mr. Right.

HOT FOR TEACHER

Published April 21st 2015 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Fringe Benefits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fringe Benefits

Beth
Sweet, endearing and delightful, Fringe Benefits gives us Dani's story, the last of “The Ladies Who Lunch” to fall in love.

Dani is the new head of the English department, a huge accomplishment for someone of her thirty something age.

Nate is the a brand new English teach right out of college and about 8 years younger than Dani.

They will soon discover that there couldn't be two hearts more perfect for each other.

There are a lot of obstacles in Dani's and Nate's path. Town gossips, obsessive exes, the age barrier and family issues all come in
Dianne
Dani is faced with more than she could have imagined when she became the department head at school. Sure, she expected to have to mentor the new teacher, but she was NOT prepared for what Nate was going to teach her. Always headstrong and needing to be in control, Dani finds herself fighting tooth and claw to avoid the power of seduction that Nate has over her. What would people think? She is eight years older than he, yet, when it comes to romantic and emotional maturity I’m pretty sure Nate ha ...more
Sandy S
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: April 21, 2015

HOT FOR TEACHER

As the new head of the English department, Dani doesn’t have much time for anything but lesson planning and literature. Romance—or even sex? Forget about it. But then the principal introduces her to
Katie(babs)
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it

Fringe Benefits by Sandy James, the fourth book in The Ladies who Lunch series, is an enjoyable Contemporary Romance about an older heroine who falls for a younger man (a true prince of a guy). But there are some annoying tropes the authors falls back on, such as the hero's horrible ex-girlfriend trying to get him back, plus the too fast "insta-love" that happens in under 4 months with the main couple. But since Dani and Nate were great to read, I think most readers can get beyond that and enjoy
LilyElement
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Danielle (Dani) Bradshaw is ready for school to start again so her normal schedule is back on track. She's a beloved English teacher and tries to make the subject interesting for the kids. The day before school starts, a curve ball is thrown at her when she is asked to show a new hire teacher the ropes and prepare him, his classroom, and the course load for school tomorrow.

Nate is the new English teacher hired on at the school, he recently graduated and is one of those cute young tea
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Damn, this was a hot read!

Dani has just been promoted to Department Head of the English Department and she's determined to show everyone that she deserve this new position. Then she has the unfortunate task to babysit a new Lit teacher, assist him and mentor him the whole year long. This shouldn't bother her at all, but after meeting Nate Reynolds, it looks like she's in for the long haul. Not only was Nate hot, gorgeous and a jaw-dropper, he can easily sweep Dani's feet with his Sha
Jackie (No Bent Spines)
ARC via publish and Netgalley
Final Rating: 4 Stars
Find more reviews on No Bent Spines
Full Review
Happy sigh. Maybe some skipping. Spontaneous humming. Doing a jig. Bouts of confetti thrown from rooftops.

All of these are acceptable reactions while reading Fringe Benefits. You can also throw lamps if that floats your boat. I know I wanted to. Especially around his ex- turned step sister. Go ahead and read that again. Now imagine the family meetings. Of course, I guess I can’t really say much s
Judy
It is with a bit of a heavy heart that I do this review. It's always a bit disappointing when a series ends, and this one is no different. I am going to miss Mallory, Jules, Beth and Dani. These are 4 women who become a family, and I got to peek inside their world. Right there as they cheered each other, gave each other comfort and dispensed advice as needed.

Dani has just become head of the English Department of her school. As such, she has the job of mentoring the brand new, fresh o
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

My Thoughts:

I first heard about Sandy James on a friend's blog, so she was immediately on my radar and I knew I had to get my hands on something by her. This one intrigued me the most, so when I had the opportunity, I snatched it faster than you can blink. A romance between teachers? Um, sold!

When Dani and Nate meet, you can feel it in the air between them. I really liked how Dani is eight years older than
Talk Books To Me
May 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Karia’s less than raving review…

Luke warm would be how I describe this book. Maybe it was because I hadn’t read books 1-3, but I just could not embrace Dani. I truly felt like she was beeyach for like 85% of the book. If I was told by her one more time that she was Nate’s “boss” and she was old, I was gonna hurl. The head of a department is not the boss. The only even true boss in the school is the Principle and VP. Yes, if she told the Principle he was having inappropriate relations
Garden Of REden
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
This is my first book by Sandy James, and I wasn't sure what to expect going in. This book is part of a series of standalones called The Ladies Who Lunch, and I was concerned about picking up a book slotted at the tail end of the series. My concerns were unfounded. This book is a complete standalone.
Danielle is a high school English teacher who is assigned to mentor the new guy, Nate. Sparks fly between Nate and Danielle instantly, but Danielle is hesitant, not wanting to get involved with
Samantha
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An unexpected page turner is what Fringe Benefits is. Sandy James, you've given me hope to find a guy who is 24 or 25 that is not wickedly immature thanks to Nate. Nate and Dani have chemistry, even if Dani wishes to fight and ignore it. Dani is older than Nate by eight years and his boss. She takes her job seriously and doesn't want to get involved with a 24 year old teacher she is in charge of.

Nate is honest, charming, witty, and strong willed. I liked him from the moment he was introduced. H
Chris
Fantastic addition to this series!!!

I have been eagerly counting down until this book came out and wasn't disappointed. Dani is a strong character who needed someone who not only complimented her but pushed her limits at times and Nate matched up perfectly. The story was believable and it was fun catching up with some of the characters in previous books. Nate and Dani made me laugh, sigh at some of the steamy scenes, laugh and get mad with each of them throughout the book. Absolutely loved this
Barbara Anderson
Loved all 4 books

The ladies who lunch series is awesome. I loved his book. Liked the fact that we seen some of the people from turning 30 twelve. This love stories is hot. Sandy did it again and wrote another wonderful book. Thanks Sandy James love your creative mind....Sending prayers for many more successful books.
Katy
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the first time I read a book from Sandy James I loved it!! Fringe Benefits was so great it is apart of a series called The Ladies that Lunch, this is the 4th book in series.. This book is about High school teacher Danielle Bradshaw who meets the brand new English teacher Nate Ryan who is 8 years young then her! I really enjoyed this book you need to read it!!
Kate H
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I did not read any of the other books in this series but I really liked this one and did not feel like the story was lessened having not previously read the other books. A really sweet story with very endearing characters, I will definitely have to go back and read this authors other works.
Peggy
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dani thinks Nate is hot from the frost time she see him. Nate thinks she is hot too. Can she get over she is older and is boss? Wil Nate love be a nuff?
Traci De Carlo
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Loved the whole series want more!
OpenBookSociety.com
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: andra

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Andra

*Beware of Spoilers*

As I began to read the fourth book in this series, I was taken aback at the thought…I am with old friends again. I was comfortable with the characters and the flow of the story was easy. The Ladies Who Lunch are all about overcoming adversity on their attainment of a happy, loving life, while seeking the friendship and guidance of each of the pack of four. We begin the story with a first year English teacher
Lustful Literature
Apr 20, 2015 rated it liked it
**DEBBIE'S REVIEW**

This story is based around Dani Bradshaw who was a sophomore English Teacher. Dani is single and thirty-one years old. She isn’t looking for a relationship when she meets Nathaniel Ryan. He just finished college and is much younger than her and is starting to teach English at the school Dani teaches out. She was asked to take him under her wing and show him the ropes. Dani is attracted to Nate but has issues with him being so much younger than him and tries to keep it profess
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
This book was just okay for me. I just couldn't really fall in love with the characters wholeheartedly because I couldn't reconcile who they were exactly.

Nate was constantly referring to himself and shy, awkward and inexperienced but he never came off that way. All the women seemed to think he was gorgeous and liked him right away. He was confident about his teaching abilities and had no problem going after Dani at full force. I just couldn't figure out exactly who he was.

It was pretty much th
Amy
Apr 20, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars – The writing and editing were very good, but I just didn’t care a lot about this story or the characters. Much of the story seemed to be focused on their age difference. He was 24, she was 31. I didn’t think that was a big issue, so I just found it annoying how everybody in the book seemed to have an opinion about their ‘huge’ age difference. It wasn’t until about the last 20% of the book that I started to feel invested in the story. Overall it was a good story, just not one that I co ...more
Barbara Kargol
Should have been a short story

Story line is predictable and stretched to meet the definition of novel when in reality nothing more than a short story. Previous novels in the series utilized sex as a filler. In this one the numerous sexual scenes amount to half of the novel. Save your time and money. Don't bother with this one and assume all four of the ladies find true love.
Bernie
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fringe Benefits review

Fringe Benefits is the second book in The Ladies Who Lunch series written by author Sandy James. Great stories and characters.
Janeiowa
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He's 24 and the new Eng. teacher. Dani is 29.. I akipped around a lot.
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Jun 20, 2016
Agustina
Sep 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Twins on the Way (Kavanaghs of Silver Glen, #4)
  • The Millionaire's Deception (Men of the Zodiac, #2)
  • Oh, Naughty Night!
  • Getting Off
  • Come Back to Texas (Twelve Beats in a Bar, #1)
  • A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe (Thunder Mountain Brotherhood, #4)
  • Blood Enchantment (Blood, #6)
  • A Cunningham Christmas (The Cunningham Family, #5.5)
  • Played (Elite PR, #2)
  • Blue Moon Rising (The Patroness, #1)
  • Sleepless in Las Vegas
  • Simmering Ice (Atlantic City Hustlers, #2)
  • The Player Next Door
  • Shades of the Gods (The Elysium Legacies, #1)
  • The Hometown Hoax (The Hoax Series, #3)
  • Catch (Assassins #1)
  • Just One Reason(What Happens In Vegas, #5)
  • Snowed In with Her Ex (Brides and Belles, #1)

Please visit her website at http://sandyjames.com for more information or find her on Twitter (Sandy lives in a quiet suburb of Indianapolis and is a high school social studies teacher. She is published through Grand Central Forever Yours and Carina Press as well as indie-published. An Amazon #1 Bestseller many times, she has won numerous awards, including two HOLT Medallions.

Please visit her website at
http://sandyjames.com for more information or find her on Twitter (https://twitter.com/sandyjamesbooks) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/sandyjamesbooks) Represented by Danielle Egan-Miller of Browne & Miller Literary.

The Ladies Who Lunch (4 books)
  • The Bottom Line (The Ladies Who Lunch, #1)
  • Signed, Sealed, Delivered (The Ladies Who Lunch, #2)
  • Sealing the Deal (The Ladies Who Lunch, #3)
“Mary Henry ought to write romance novels. She has a way of embellishing that most authors would envy.” 2 likes