Start by marking “Chasing Claire (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Claire (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club, #2)

Chasing Claire (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  2,306 Ratings  ·  212 Reviews
Claire Winston knows she’s lucky to be alive—and even luckier to have the love and protection of a man like Prosper, her adoptive father and leader of the Hells Saints Motorcycle Club. Yet, try as she may, she can’t leave yesterday behind. She’s still haunted by Reno, the bad-boy biker her heart loves but her spirit fears. And she can’t seem to escape the terrifying memori ...more
Published March 31st 2015 by Montlake Romance (first published March 7th 2015)

Deborah
Oct 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
What on earth happened?

I enjoyed the previous book Raine Falling so much I’ve read it several times, this book has been sitting on my kindle and I’ve no idea why it’s taken me so long to read it.

Amazon UK has 16 reviews for this book 14 of these are 5* and 2 are 4* I mention this because this was the sole reason I continued reading well that and I was in shock.

(view spoiler)
JudyB
First let me say that Raine Falling (previously Game Changer) was one of my top 10 favorite reads in 2014. I fell in love with all of the characters and the author was able to drag me totally into the story. I did not want that book to end. I seriously had concerns about the author living up to my high opinion of book 1, but she did. Chasing Claire can be read as a standalone but the reader really misses so much of the back story if they do not read Raine Falling. I really liked how the author s ...more
Diana
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Claire Winston is a survivor. Claire and her sister survived a troubled childhood, an abusive ex-boyfriend and she is still haunted by a brutal kidnapping. Trying to move on from her past, she goes to the one person who she knows can help, her adoptive father and President of the Hells Saints Motorcycle Club, Prosper. Of course Prosper's can help heal most of her troubles, he cannot heal her broken heart.

Claire

photo 364771-bigthumbnail1_zps0bc3ec2f.jpg

Reno is trying to forget about Claire with booze, women and long trips on his bike, b
Mojo_Mama
Review to come
MC Marathon

What a way to fuck up the beauty of this H/h in the last book...and then fill THEIR book with bullshit, other characters for future books, stupid meaningless plot, and an unrepentant manwhore with his doormat h.

Don't bother with this shit.

Total disaster and disappointment.
Jenn
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bikers
I really enjoyed Chasing Claire over Raine Falling. Ms. Marinaro did a better job with editing, more story development, and didn't over do the steamy scenes.

description

Claire has demons to face from her past and recent choices- which really, these were choices she should never have had to make. She's in love with Reno, but she's also a runner. She needs to let go of her fears, open up to Reno - once and for all, and plant her feet firmly in one place with the man who can ground her for life.

Reno loves Cl
Naksed
Three stars is a very generous rating for a book that, within the first few pages, set up a scene that was so nauseating that I was prepared for a big, fat, rant. The only reason this is getting an average rating for me is because of the other characters and plot lines that made up for the mediocre and frustrating H and h of this story.

Let's get back to the first volume in this biker romance series of the Hells Saints Motorcycle Club in which we meet the h, Claire Winston. In Raine Falling, Cla
Victoria
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it

3.25 RATING-I read Chasing Claire months ago but didn’t sit down to do a review until now. I guess I was a bit hesitant. I really liked the first book in the Hell Saints Motorcycle Club series, Raine Falling, and was looking forward to this one so much. Unfortunately, it fell flat.

The main complaint I have is that the author did a lot of “telling” and not a lot of “doing”. There were a lot of long monologues which made for a bit of a boring read. I was actually surprised by this because Raine F
The BookChick
I absolutely loved Raine Falling and was a little scared about Chasing Claire because Claire was such a wild card with her past and addictions. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the direction Marinaro took in this story. Claire put on her big girl panties and took control of her life. Although Claire was still reeling from the violent events that occurred in Raine Falling, she is trying to find a semblance of normal for her life. And surprisingly, Reno, the sexy biker who she has ...more
 B.E.Love
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*This review may contain small spoilers( I don't think so but some may)
4 1/2 stars
The first book in This series( I read the original version and the edited version) was one of my all time favorite MC books, what the author was able to create not only with the story but the characters and their relationships was magical so of course I was ecstatic and impatiently waiting for Chasing Claire. When I found out that it was available on NetGallery and then that I had been given a copy I was overjoyed.
Sivutha
5 Claire (Ring)ing Reno's Neck Stars

Welp....Claire out shine Reno by a long shot. Claire been through a lot in this book. The endless nightmares that she have gone through made her stronger at the end. The fact that she pull her life together and gone back to school was a plus. She literally did a 180 with life.

Reno:
I'm still virtually flipping Reno off. Assclown. Such a douchey move for sleeping around.
Diego:
Mister Idiot. He better pull his head out of his
Kari
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biker, next-in-series
The characters are better developed in this second book, the writing has also noticeably improved and I have a feeling this series will keep getting better and better. The secondary characters were great, I loved Prosper and Dolly.
Stacie
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well let me begin by saying I never would have gotten to my HEA with Reno. There was a scene toward the quarter Mark of this book that would have been it for me in Claire's position. In fact I almost stopped reading and decided I needed a break from MC books. Reno was being a total a** and Claire was being stupid, stupid, STUPID!- my opinion of course. But it is very hard for me to quit a book. I'm just too curios; and must know what happens. I'm so happy I stuck with this one.

Reno totally stepp
Frédérique
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bikers, drama
Read this via NetGalley.
I absolutely loved Raine Falling and was a little scared about Chasing Claire because I didn't wanted the first book to be a one hit wonder, I really liked the author voice in the first one.
I shouldn't have worried, it was as good as the first, less drama, but still a page turner.
Reno and Claire have a few misunderstandings but work well through their obstacles.
I really enjoyed the story and the glimpses we see into Raine's life, she is happy and settled and Glory's life,
Ashleyjo
Apr 27, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
F me! I really enjoyed book one, but this one was a whole lotta shitty!

Woe Is Me

In book one, the woes
were real, palpable off the pages, and nothing was forced. I empathized with the characters and wanted them to solve their problems.

In this book, the woe of 'I killed them'... 'I'm so f'ing horrible'... OVER AND OVER for 12-13 chapters just wasn't believable. It's nothing but repetitively forced angst and woe.

Dickwad, Literally

The first book involved the MC's meeting and Diego screwing a gir
Amy
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chasing Claire follows the story of Claire and Reno. Claire is just taking one day at a time. She's lucky to be alive. No one knows this better than her, but she can't seem to let go of the guilt that surrounds a truly terrifying night. Not to mention that she's still dealing with the loss of Reno. He broke her heart when he left and she's just trying to pick up the pieces....

Reno has tried anything and I mean anything to try to forget Claire. But, try as he might, he just can't. Somehow she bur
Mirabella
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker
I liked it but I didn't love it. For the story and the main characters claire and reno I would give 3 stars, I couldn't feel the spark between those two. I enjoyed raine and diegos book much much more. My highlights of this one were the side stories about jules and glory (I'm so looking forward to their book), pinky and prosper (I love those two) and I'm very curious about this thing between dolly and gianni (I really hope they will get their own story someday), they all would get full 5 stars. ...more
Doris
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was really good.
Megan Fall
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bikers-mc
This was a great story, but I still liked the first one better. Now I really need to read about what happens to Hal.
Chaddy
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mc-biker
Chasing Claire was at the top of my most anticipated reads list and I am so happy to say it did not disappoint. I loved this book! Paula Marinaro writes the best heroines ever. Strong, intelligent, beautiful women who know how to take care of themselves and their men while not being doormats in the process. Claire, Raine, Glory, Pinky and Dolly were amazing as they supported each other, but Glory and Pinky had standout scenes that had me cheering out loud while they kicked some serious ass.

Prosp
Claire
2.5 rounded to 3 disappointed stars

Let me take a quote from Claire to explain my disappointment : "I just didn't know why we always had to be so complicated."

Right. Or in other words, both Reno and Claire are acting like little kids with inner monologues going : "it's his/her fault ...", "he/she should know how I feel ...", "he/she should be doing the first move ..."

And the first half of the book is only made of that , i.e. just too many monologues from both POVs and little action and they are
Elfina Renee
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reno was a lot of things, manwhore, partier, outlaw and lets not forget bad ass biker. Fiercely loyal to those he calls family.
 photo Reno.jpg
Despite making some monumental mistakes along the way, his unwavering love for Claire is breathing taking!
 photo Shayla-1.jpg
Reno wasn't hearts and flowers but he was man who'd help weather the storms in Claire's life, while offering shelter and solace.
Such a good emotional read, reminds what love is.
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Highlights:
-------------
"I couldn’t get the scene of him and Cherry out of my mind. As hard as I tried, I couldn’t. It hurt me every time I thought about it. The fact that I knew Cherry was a permanent fixture around the club didn’t help much."
---------------
"In a very poorly played, typical Hells Saints fashion, Jules started to pay a lot of attention to Bambi. Bambi was a twenty-five-year-old club whore with bottle-blond hair, skinny legs, huge tits, and eager eyes, and her only ambition was t
Susan W
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: biker, ku
About 50 % in, I just couldn't stay interested. Read 1 paragraph of every 4th page about 70% in. Too many POVs that weren't necessary. Author spent some time on other relationships in those other POVs and it was too much.
Caz Malpas
4 BIKERDOCIOUS, FEROCIOUS STARS!

I enjoyed this biker love story it had a bit of everything a MC romance story should have, I listened to the whole book and it held my interest, looking forward to Crows story ........!

Thanks Di for recommending it to me
Cat
2.5 Stars

Found this story uneven and boring!
Page
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: paula-marinaro
Finally finished. 3 stars, but could have been so much more. Storyline needed more focus maybe then I wouldn't have lost mine while reading.
Suzanne (Lily)
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, biker-mc, arc
4.5 Stars
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review

Claire pulled at my heart strings in Falling Raine last year and I was keen to hear more of her and Reno's story. I just knew it wasn't going to be a relationship that fell into place easy. With so much baggage from their childhood Claire and Raine have turned out to be two strong women…well most of the time.

The Saints were all big and gorgeous in that bad boy kind of way - muscled, tattooed, and born to be wild
Laurie
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker-mc, arc, kindle
I loved book one in this series, Raine Falling, so I was beside myself with glee when I got an ARC for it. I liked Chasing Claire a lot, but I didn't love it as much as the first one. There were parts of the book that were beautifully written, but there was so much of this book that just felt like the author missed some opportunities that could have made a good book great.

I had a hard time with Claire's character. At the end of Raine Falling, it felt like she was rising above what she allowed he
Cassandra
Mar 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
ARC kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I'm really sad to report that this book did not work for me. I was in a motorcycle club mood, so I was really excited to get my hands on this. I just wish I liked it more.

In the beginning, the chapters felt like they ended abruptly. Like maybe a few of them could have been combined. Not a huge deal though.

What was a huge deal was that I just never grew to care about Claire and Reno's story. They got together fai
Heather andrews
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Reno he's cocky, blunt, demanding, has a no care attitude, sexy and he can read his girl, "hey, you hungry?" I glared at him.then my stomach growled. "Yeah, you're hungry." He smirked." When he's in the mood for his woman he isn't playing around that boy gets serious, "pretty dress, babe." I smiled at him. "Now take it off." I enjoyed this book I loved Reno and Claire, at times though in round myself more intrigued with Jules and Glory, I'm hoping there's a book in the works for them.
Turning Pages At ...: Monthly Read: Chasing Claire 44 33 Mar 19, 2015 10:54AM
  • Leave a Trail (Signal Bend, #7)
  • Exquisite Danger (Iron Horse, MC #2)
  • Arrow of Time (Marauders, #1)
  • For Her Honor (Mountain Skulls MC #2)
  • Cracked & Crushed (The Sacred Hearts MC #3)
  • Torched (Iron Serpents Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Wolf (Evil Dead MC, #4)
  • A Family Man (The Freaks MC, #1)
  • Craving Absolution (The Aces, #3)
  • Tastes Like Candy (Lean Dogs Legacy, #2)
  • Burning Ember (Harbingers of Chaos, #1)
  • Wrapped Around Him (Moroad Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Saving Dancer (Savage Brothers MC, #2)
Paula Marinaro was born and raised on Massachusett's North Shore.

Writing has always been one of her greatest passions, and she is pleased to have the opportunity to share her stories with readers around the globe.

When Paula is not writing she is teaching grade 4 and loving every minute of it. Paula considers herself a life long learner and has an AA in Crim. Justice, a BA in Sociology and an Maste
More about Paula Marinaro

Hells Saints Motorcycle Club (5 books)
  • Raine Falling (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Taming Crow (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Saving Glory (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club #4)
  • Hallelujah Rising

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“The falling-apart shit is going to have to wait.” 4 likes
“I’m sorry” is always a good start to finding your way back to something that you thought might have been lost forever.” 1 likes