Start by marking “Picture Perfect” as Want to Read:
Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect

(Sofía Martínez)

Sofia is sick of looking exactly like her sisters. She wants to stand out! And when school picture day comes around, Sofia thinks of the perfect way to make that happen. Spanish words are used throughout this early chapter book, and a Spanish/English glossary is included in the back matter.
Published January 1st 2015 by Picture Window Books

To ask other readers questions about Picture Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picture Perfect

Barbara
Sofia loves her family and her two sisters, but sometimes it seems as though everyone except her stands out. When she sees her baby cousin Mariela's huge hair bow, she borrows the bow for her school picture in an attempt to stand out. The inclusion of Spanish words that are sprinkled liberally throughout the book will provide reassurance for bilingual speakers as they read the text. Although there isn't a lot that is new here, some readers will relate to Sofia's need to be noticed and to have so ...more
Jessica
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
Despite having a good message, I thought this book was a little cheesy despite being for beginner readers. My kids were slightly bored listening to it.
Jill
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An early reader book with Spanish words and culture mixed in. My children enjoyed it and so did I.
Yapha
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
In this great new beginning reader series, Sofia is tired of looking just like her two older sisters. Their school pictures look so alike that when she switches who is in which frame, no one even notices! Sofia decides to take matters into her own hands and make sure that on this picture day, she really stands out!

There are Spanish words sprinkled throughout in pink, with a glossary in the back. The language choices feel natural for a bilingual household. Highly recommended for readers who are
Alicia Evans
This is the first book from this series that I read and I enjoyed it well enough. I liked that the Spanish words were so well identified and that their context was clearly given. I thought the story was cute enough but I don't know if I need to read the rest in the series. Overall, I would recommend it.

For: readers wanting a bilingual read; readers looking for a cute family/girly story.

Possible red flags: mischievousness.
Vanessa
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sofia is tired of blending in. She desperately wants to stand out so people will be able to differentiate her from her sisters. She accomplishes this by wearing a large bow in her hair for picture day.

This is a sweet, bilingual story with a glossary of Spanish words in the back and some suggestions on way to talk with your child about the story. Recommended for ages 6-8.
Juliana Lee
Sofia is the youngest of three sisters who all look alike. In last year’s school pictures they all wore blue. Sofia changed the pictures in the frames and no one noticed. Now she wants to do something so that she stands out on picture day this year.
AMY
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Gr. 2-4
Sophia sees her family pictures and wants her picture to stand out. She finds a way to make her new school picture look unique so she isn't confused with her sisters who look just like her. Good problem solving. This entire series is great for students to transition into chapter books. Well-written and has colorful, fun illustrations. Highly recommended for Gr. 2-4.
Lexpecto Patronum
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Finally, an easy reader series about a Latina! Features Spanish words and a glossary, as well as questions to discuss. In this volume, Sofia feels overlooked in her large family. She makes her school picture very special so she will stand out.
Lena Time
Jul 02, 2015
Libbie
Jun 13, 2016
Hema Ayyar
rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2018
Kelsey
Feb 06, 2018
McBooksters
Sep 29, 2016
I am a children's author, teacher, librarian, and poet. My books include the Zapato Power series, the Sofia Martinez series, Pluto is Peeved, Unite or Die: How Thirteen States Became a Nation, Duck for Turkey Day, Never Say a Mean Word Again, and Feathers for Peacock. Please visit me at http://www.jacquelinejules.com

Sofía Martínez (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Marigold Mess
  • My Family Adventure (Sofia Martinez)
  • Abuela's Birthday
  • The Missing Mouse
  • My Vida Loca
  • The Secret Recipe
  • The Beach Trip
  • Singing Superstar
  • My Fantástica Family (Sofia Martinez #3)
  • Shopping Trip Trouble