Start by marking “Lovely (Elite Doms of Washington, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lovely (Elite Doms of Washington, #1)

Lovely

(Elite Doms of Washington #1)

Can you have love and power at the same time?

Congressman Jonathan Brond has mastered his work, his reputation and the art of sexual domination while keeping his family’s political legacy intact. But a chance encounter with college student Christiana Snow promises something he didn’t think was possible–meeting someone honest.

When the charismatic man proposes a summer of se

Published January 1st 2015 by Troll River Publishing (first published November 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lovely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovely

Start your review of Lovely (Elite Doms of Washington, #1)
Shurrn
Surprised and Delighted!
"you're not alone. I see you. I'm with you."
I was not expecting the exciting narrative that Lovely provided. I was prepared for a deliciously kinky romance, but I was not expecting the suspense and high-stakes Washington drama.

This book is the first in Elizabeth SaFleur's Elite Doms of Washington Series, but it is a stand-alone novel. The story wraps up beautifully with no cliffhanger, and the series promises new couples for subsequent books.

There's some mild BDSM
Naksed
Elizabeth Safleur knows how to write a BDSM scene effectively, I'll give her that. I normally stay away from Dom-sub stories because most of them end up being unintentionally comical. This was not the case here.

The setting in a Washington, D.C. full of bloodthirsty socialites and kinky politicians was interesting and different. That was what made me buy the book because it would not be your typical corporate billionaire/college girl story (though H was indeed from a wealthy background, and h a p
J. Kahele
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, bdsm
Wow this was what I would call a 'holy shit, I can't believe how good this is,' kind of book. When you see the word 'dom', in any book you naturally expect some kinky, steamy, kind of book. Although, this book did have this in there, there was alot more

Christiana Snow is a college student who is a little unsure of herself and awkward at times. I have to stop for a moment to mention a very important factor, she's not a virgin! Most erotica books I have read always have the woman as an innocent be
Joey Hill
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been an author for a long time, so I focus on the nuts and bolts of the story from page one. If I can get pulled in, then the author has done a great job with the characters, the chemistry and the storyline. Jonathan and Christiana captured my attention, and I liked very much how genuine the two of them were, and the realistic conflicts they faced. I also like stories that give me a glimpse of worlds I know little about, and Elizabeth SaFleur’s familiarity with the Washington social world a ...more
lynn❤️lynn
This is a story of love that just can't and shouldn't be.

This story falls between 3.5 and 4 stars for me. I would have loved to have given it more as I felt it could have been so much more, but I did feel the ending was so so corny and rushed. I love a HEA, but this I felt was a little too much. It's so sugar coated.
I loved the story about congress, the lobbying and the political agenda, backlash to public life. Being a Brit, I found this aspect of the story fascinating and in a way it transpor
Verity
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet and spicy story that kicks off the Elite Doms of Washington series and it's a corker of a start.
Congressman Jonathan Brond is the master of his own universe, someone who rules all aspects of his life with an iron fist making sure his desire/kink for sexual dominants is kept well away from the political word he inhabits and thrives in.

Let me tell you about Congressman Brond:

I wouldn't mind ratifying his amendment...

[image error] photo tumblr_ngwelor1QV1rnrdvpo3_250_zpsl8mfd1lp.gif

or deliberating over his body...

[image error] photo tumblr_ngcn06oyY71togmudo6_500_zps3ffivxa6.gif

and he
Denise
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Wow. Where do I start... This book, 'Lovely', was an exceptional book. It isn't just a story about sex and a dom/sub relationship. It is an erotic journey with a plot that went above and beyond what I expected. I loved the storyline. Well written. The way it played out was filled with such emotion and the growth of the characters was like a flower blossoming. I know, sounds lame, but I don't know how else to describe it.
CarolKat
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christiana works hard, waitressing at the Oak brings excellent tips and every once in a while she delivers room service. Her best friend Ashley, on the other hand is part of all the drama and fund-raising that goes on in Washington, often recruiting Christiana to attend with her to fight off boredom.

When Christiana literally runs into Congressman Jonathan Brond at one such event, she doesn't realize until later that his is the voice she heard while delivering room service. A voice that had her w
Arriesta
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my second read through and it was still as good as the first time. I love the character of Jonathan Brond, my dominant congressman. The entire series of The Elite Doms of Washington is amazing 💕

Excellent read of the darker fantasy sort ....
Coco.V
Feb 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/6/2019)! 🎁
KFForever
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kfforever

4.5 Stars ~ Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse at KindleFriendsForever

Considering I’m rather partial to covers like this one, my appetite to read Elite was whetted, but what about the blurb? When I read billionaire politician and college student, what came to mind was the likelihood of a juicy scandal, making me want to read this erotic romance even more. Ahh, but was I in for a surprise or three! Never did I imagine there would be such steaminess and a plot so well-construed. SaFleur is a
carol
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults and BDSM readers
This is the first story I’ve read by this author and the first in Elizabeth SaFleur’s series of Washington Doms.

Christiana, at college, young, very inexperienced sexually, but curious as to the snippet she overhears with one Congressman Jonathan Brond...okay, by end of the first couple of chapters I thought there’s a very familiar pattern to FSOG plot...so is this fanfic?

The Dom character, Jonathan, his past treatment of women, he uses them for sexual needs...maybe mutually, but their emotional
Rachel Lune
*** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AURHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW ***

After enjoying the surprise read of Holiday Ties I was very excited about meeting more Doms of Washington. And Lovely was more than lovely!!

Elizabeth writes in a detailed style and the tone took me a few chapters to get used to. But before I knew it, I was floating along reading page after page of the story, immersed in the scenes and characters she had crafted.

The slow burn between Jonathan and Christiana is enticing - you know there is an
Le Ann Foster
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
☆☆Reviewed for Hooked On Books and CherryOBlossom Promotions ☆☆

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

I don't even know where to start with this review because it was that good. It's starts kinda slow but then things start to heat up and keep getting better and better. Yes this book does have some D/S but nothing more than what you would do at home! From the moment we meet Johnathan you will fall in love with him. Christina it took me a little longer. This book has it all with the twist, turns, surprise a
Jennifer Lessard
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this audio book in exchange for an honest review.
This is my first audible audio book. I used to listen to audio books years ago, when they were on cassettes. I rented them to listen to while I was at work and really enjoyed them then. But I have to say the narration of this book was very nice. It was not only extremely well written, it was nicely narrated. This is also my first book by Elizabeth SaFleur and I look forward to reading'listening to more. I enjoyed the stor
Elizabeth Swain
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, Sinful and eye opening! Elizabeth @ Carolina Chic's Read

Christiana & Jonathan are from two different worlds. So when Jonathan sees the submissive Christiana he wants her... not just for sex, but for everything. His need to protect and own her is intense, something that he had not felt before.

Christiana holds everything close to the belt. She has a specific plan for her live and it does not include this sexy dome.. Her best friend is infatuated with him and he wants her instead.

Are they bo
Mary
Jan 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm-group-r2r
Provided by the Author through the BDSM group on goodreads

This book started well and I appreciated the character development and detail. Towards the middle and end however I felt that the story line became pressured and was rushed. The ending was tied up so quickly and in such a neat bow.
I appreciate the voice of this author, the characters drew you into the story and were enjoyable. Would read from this author again.

Madeline Iva
There's much to like here for fans of 50 Shades of Grey. There's a very innocent young heroine, an older, rich, powerful man with a hot bod and confidence galore. Like 50 Shades they enter the world of BDSM, but unlike 50 Shades *this* heroine embraces BDSM with a 'where have you been all my life" enthusiasm. And while our hero doesn't have a dungeon room exactly, his house has some pretty eye-ball popping surprises. Heh-heh.
Rhonda
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book of Elizabeth's I read. I loved it and was immediately drawn to Christina. Trying to make her way in Washington D.C. she runs across Jonathan. And the story begins. The twists and turns make this story a page turner. Will their relationship survive the political climate of D.C.?
Renee
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

I would continue with the series. I felt the ending was a little rushed and would like a follow up book on Christina and Jonathan.
Kaeley Scruggs
Oct 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thank goodness it was free. Couldn’t finish it and could barely tolerate it; the plot, characters, and their development. To be quite frank, there has to be character development for it to be criticized. Yet another misogynistic romance novel hidden under the guise of being “all about the heroine”. There’s more than one way to bake a cookie and this wasn’t even close.
Terry Guerra
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exquisite perfection from my new found author!

This is the first book I have read from this author! It was a page turner from beginning to the last word. This book was also a rollercoaster ride of emotions you evoked in me . Thank you for all you do for your readers.
Feb 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Full Review to Follow
Sophy Sorn
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dom

I really liked this book! Jonathan and Christina are good for each other. The book was hot as well. Can’t wait for Carson’s cook!
Michelle Austin

Page Count:204
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5stars out of 5
Blurb:

Book One of the Elite Doms of Washington Series – Stand alone. Not a cliff-hanger. HEA. M/F, Mild D/s themes, one hot Congressman and his young female sub.
Can you have love and power at the same time?

Congressman Jonathan Brond has mastered his work, his reputation
Amber
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely is a beautifully overpowering and breathtakingly phenomenal gift of gentle exploration, extraordinary discovery, and unfettered freedom. This is a story that will delve deeply into your heart and soul, splay you completely open, and emphasize the utter masterpiece that you are. Many things and people in our life forge and mold us into the person that we become for better or for worse, and when we can find someone who can remove the blindfold from our eyes and showcase to us the beauty tha ...more
Lucinda Claire
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have my favorite authors, and I rarely, if ever, venture away from them. On a recommendation, I was intrigued by the blurb for Elite, so I decided to give Elizabeth SaFleur a try. Well, all I can tell you is, I’ve added a new author to my list of go-to’s. Her writing is smart and evocative. And the erotic scenes were... well, erotic.

I can’t wait to get my hands on book #2 of this series, Untouchable.
Allyson
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“She’s catnip in a den of lions.”

3.5 Stars

A really enticing political Dom/sub romance. I felt the connection between the characters, but also a disconnection at times with the channels of separation due to his job. If it had a little more play during their weeks apart, more fire/lust then definitely another star would be added.

All that said, this is not to dis-way me from continuing to read the next book. Eager to be introduced to more political characters who dominate the socialist of Washing
Rhi
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth SaFleur brings the Washington elite to life in Lovely. Congressman Jonathan Brond is a Dominant man who is not interested in a relationship. Juggling his responsibilities as a Congressman as well as his complicated relationship with his father, he is drawn to Christiana Snow, despite himself. After he continuously runs into her at a variety of events, he succumbs to his desires and invites her to join him for a summer of exploration. As he introduces her to the world of Dominant/submis ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Indiscreet (The Agency Dark Affairs Duet Book 1)
  • Wired (For the Billionaire's Pleasure: Luke & Claire, #1)
  • Enthrall (The Freed Billionaire Spencer Christmas Trilogy Book 1)
  • Secret Lovers (Friendship Chronicles, #1)
  • His on Demand (BBW Romance)
  • Playing Dirty (Windy City Kink Book 3)
  • This Time Around (The Bennett's Bastards Series, #2)
  • Big Swinging D (Wall Street Royals Book 2)
  • Mr. Big (London Billionaire, #2)
  • Bliss (The Freed Billionaire Spencer Christmas Trilogy Book 3)
  • Wicked Wish (The Wicked Horse Vegas, #2)
  • Ruined (His For A Week, #5)
  • In His Silks (Restrained, #1)
  • Impulse (The Freed Billionaire Spencer Christmas Trilogy Book 2)
  • Knox: Complete Series (Knox, #1-4)
  • Wanton (For the Billionaire's Pleasure: Luke & Claire #2)
  • Tempting Me
  • Sir Loin of Beef (Grade-A Beefcakes #1)
Award-winning author of erotic and steamy contemporary romance, Elizabeth SaFleur promises all the "feels" in her emotional, plot-rich stories. And, hot heroes, HEAs and (many) spicy, sexy times.

~~Experience luxurious, glamorous escapes in her Elite Doms of Washington series
~~Join her burlesque & gangster book world in the Shakedown series
~~Meet the heroines who take charge in the Justice Series,

Elite Doms of Washington (6 books)
  • Untouchable
  • Perfect
  • Lucky
  • Fearless (Elite Doms of Washington, #5)
  • Invincible (Elite Doms of Washington #6)