Start by marking “Lovely (Elite Doms of Washington, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lovely (Elite Doms of Washington, #1)

Lovely

(Elite Doms of Washington #1)

Can you have love and power at the same time?

Congressman Jonathan Brond has mastered his work, his reputation and the art of sexual domination while keeping his family’s political legacy intact. But a chance encounter with college student Christiana Snow promises something he didn’t think was possible–meeting someone honest.

When the charismatic man proposes a summer of se

Published January 1st 2015 by Troll River Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lovely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovely

Shurrn
Surprised and Delighted!
"you're not alone. I see you. I'm with you."
I was not expecting the exciting narrative that Lovely provided. I was prepared for a deliciously kinky romance, but I was not expecting the suspense and high-stakes Washington drama.

This book is the first in Elizabeth SaFleur's Elite Doms of Washington Series, but it is a stand-alone novel. The story wraps up beautifully with no cliffhanger, and the series promises new couples for subsequent books.

There's some mild BDSM the
Naksed
Elizabeth Safleur knows how to write a BDSM scene effectively, I'll give her that. I normally stay away from Dom-sub stories because most of them end up being unintentionally comical. This was not the case here.

The setting in a Washington, D.C. full of bloodthirsty socialites and kinky politicians was interesting and different. That was what made me buy the book because it would not be your typical corporate billionaire/college girl story (though H was indeed from a wealthy background, and h a p
J. Kahele
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, erotica
Wow this was what I would call a 'holy shit, I can't believe how good this is,' kind of book. When you see the word 'dom', in any book you naturally expect some kinky, steamy, kind of book. Although, this book did have this in there, there was alot more

Christiana Snow is a college student who is a little unsure of herself and awkward at times. I have to stop for a moment to mention a very important factor, she's not a virgin! Most erotica books I have read always have the woman as an innocent be
Leisha
***Copy provided by the author through the BDSM Group TPE Bar in exchange for an honest review***

Rating overview
Writing: ★★★
Story: (★)
Characters: (★)

Overall: ★ (1.33)

~~~

I wanted to like this novel, I really, really did but unfortunately the outcome was quite the opposite. Regrettably so because I was actually in a mood for an easy-going, nice BDSM romance.

So here is my first main point...

When Seattle turns into Washington, Christian into Christiana, (view spoiler)
lynn❤️lynn
This is a story of love that just can't and shouldn't be.

This story falls between 3.5 and 4 stars for me. I would have loved to have given it more as I felt it could have been so much more, but I did feel the ending was so so corny and rushed. I love a HEA, but this I felt was a little too much. It's so sugar coated.
I loved the story about congress, the lobbying and the political agenda, backlash to public life. Being a Brit, I found this aspect of the story fascinating and in a way it transpor
Verity
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet and spicy story that kicks off the Elite Doms of Washington series and it's a corker of a start.
Congressman Jonathan Brond is the master of his own universe, someone who rules all aspects of his life with an iron fist making sure his desire/kink for sexual dominants is kept well away from the political word he inhabits and thrives in.

Let me tell you about Congressman Brond:

I wouldn't mind ratifying his amendment...

[image error] photo tumblr_ngwelor1QV1rnrdvpo3_250_zpsl8mfd1lp.gif

or deliberating over his body...

[image error] photo tumblr_ngcn06oyY71togmudo6_500_zps3ffivxa6.gif

and he
Denise
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Wow. Where do I start... This book, 'Lovely', was an exceptional book. It isn't just a story about sex and a dom/sub relationship. It is an erotic journey with a plot that went above and beyond what I expected. I loved the storyline. Well written. The way it played out was filled with such emotion and the growth of the characters was like a flower blossoming. I know, sounds lame, but I don't know how else to describe it.
KFForever
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kfforever

4.5 Stars ~ Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse at KindleFriendsForever

Considering I’m rather partial to covers like this one, my appetite to read Elite was whetted, but what about the blurb? When I read billionaire politician and college student, what came to mind was the likelihood of a juicy scandal, making me want to read this erotic romance even more. Ahh, but was I in for a surprise or three! Never did I imagine there would be such steaminess and a plot so well-construed. SaFleur is a ne
carol
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults and BDSM readers
This is the first story I’ve read by this author and the first in Elizabeth SaFleur’s series of Washington Doms.

Christiana, at college, young, very inexperienced sexually, but curious as to the snippet she overhears with one Congressman Jonathan Brond...okay, by end of the first couple of chapters I thought there’s a very familiar pattern to FSOG plot...so is this fanfic?

The Dom character, Jonathan, his past treatment of women, he uses them for sexual needs...maybe mutually, but their emotional
Coco.V
Feb 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/6/2019)! 🎁
Rachel Lune
*** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AURHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW ***

After enjoying the surprise read of Holiday Ties I was very excited about meeting more Doms of Washington. And Lovely was more than lovely!!

Elizabeth writes in a detailed style and the tone took me a few chapters to get used to. But before I knew it, I was floating along reading page after page of the story, immersed in the scenes and characters she had crafted.

The slow burn between Jonathan and Christiana is enticing - you know there is an
Le Ann Foster
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
☆☆Reviewed for Hooked On Books and CherryOBlossom Promotions ☆☆

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

I don't even know where to start with this review because it was that good. It's starts kinda slow but then things start to heat up and keep getting better and better. Yes this book does have some D/S but nothing more than what you would do at home! From the moment we meet Johnathan you will fall in love with him. Christina it took me a little longer. This book has it all with the twist, turns, surprise a
Jennifer Lessard
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this audio book in exchange for an honest review.
This is my first audible audio book. I used to listen to audio books years ago, when they were on cassettes. I rented them to listen to while I was at work and really enjoyed them then. But I have to say the narration of this book was very nice. It was not only extremely well written, it was nicely narrated. This is also my first book by Elizabeth SaFleur and I look forward to reading'listening to more. I enjoyed the stor
Joey Hill
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been an author for a long time, so I focus on the nuts and bolts of the story from page one. If I can get pulled in, then the author has done a great job with the characters, the chemistry and the storyline. Jonathan and Christiana captured my attention, and I liked very much how genuine the two of them were, and the realistic conflicts they faced. I also like stories that give me a glimpse of worlds I know little about, and Elizabeth SaFleur’s familiarity with the Washington social world a ...more
Mary
Jan 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm-group-r2r
Provided by the Author through the BDSM group on goodreads

This book started well and I appreciated the character development and detail. Towards the middle and end however I felt that the story line became pressured and was rushed. The ending was tied up so quickly and in such a neat bow.
I appreciate the voice of this author, the characters drew you into the story and were enjoyable. Would read from this author again.

Madeline Iva
There's much to like here for fans of 50 Shades of Grey. There's a very innocent young heroine, an older, rich, powerful man with a hot bod and confidence galore. Like 50 Shades they enter the world of BDSM, but unlike 50 Shades *this* heroine embraces BDSM with a 'where have you been all my life" enthusiasm. And while our hero doesn't have a dungeon room exactly, his house has some pretty eye-ball popping surprises. Heh-heh.
Rhonda
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book of Elizabeth's I read. I loved it and was immediately drawn to Christina. Trying to make her way in Washington D.C. she runs across Jonathan. And the story begins. The twists and turns make this story a page turner. Will their relationship survive the political climate of D.C.?
Renee
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

I would continue with the series. I felt the ending was a little rushed and would like a follow up book on Christina and Jonathan.
krissi
overall 3.5
R2R to follow

started reading feb 6
Terry Guerra
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exquisite perfection from my new found author!

This is the first book I have read from this author! It was a page turner from beginning to the last word. This book was also a rollercoaster ride of emotions you evoked in me . Thank you for all you do for your readers.
Feb 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Full Review to Follow
Amber
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely is a beautifully overpowering and breathtakingly phenomenal gift of gentle exploration, extraordinary discovery, and unfettered freedom. This is a story that will delve deeply into your heart and soul, splay you completely open, and emphasize the utter masterpiece that you are. Many things and people in our life forge and mold us into the person that we become for better or for worse, and when we can find someone who can remove the blindfold from our eyes and showcase to us the beauty tha ...more
Michelle Austin

Page Count:204
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5stars out of 5
Blurb:

Book One of the Elite Doms of Washington Series – Stand alone. Not a cliff-hanger. HEA. M/F, Mild D/s themes, one hot Congressman and his young female sub.
Can you have love and power at the same time?

Congressman Jonathan Brond has mastered his work, his reputation
Rhi
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth SaFleur brings the Washington elite to life in Lovely. Congressman Jonathan Brond is a Dominant man who is not interested in a relationship. Juggling his responsibilities as a Congressman as well as his complicated relationship with his father, he is drawn to Christiana Snow, despite himself. After he continuously runs into her at a variety of events, he succumbs to his desires and invites her to join him for a summer of exploration. As he introduces her to the world of Dominant/submis ...more
Badass Bloggettes
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Lovely by Elizabeth SaFleur is the story of Jonathan Brond, thirty-year-old congressman, who has short-term kinky relationships with women. He has a ten-year plan to clean his family name and serve his constituents. Brond, secretly and successfully, lives the BDSM lifestyle in Washington, D.C. where reporters are always looking for the dirt. His usual partners understand the need for secrecy and, while there might be rumors, no one confirms.

Enter Christiana Snow a struggling college st
Mile High KINK
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Lola for Mile High KINK Book Club via https://milehighkinkbookclub.com/

Where was I in January 2015 when this book hit the new release shelf? It has everything I can possible check off for a 5 KINK review: Possessive, Billionaire, Alpha Male with BDSM elements and smoldering sex. Throw in the powerful politicos in our nation’s capital, Washington D.C., its guaranteed to keep you up eagerly reading into the wee hours of the morning.

Lovely is pure elegance. It’s a first class BDSM roman
S.N. McKibben
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: male-dominant
Hot first book of the Elite Doms of Washington series!

I'm going to start with some of my favorite lines:

* He filled her so completely she knew she’d feel empty whenever he wasn’t buried inside her.

* Christiana pulled the sheet down his body, inch by inch. She didn’t want him to wake. Her insides still pulsed with his use. She couldn’t afford to start something she’d have to stop. Yet she wouldn’t disregard the opportunity to study the man. Muscled planes and angles landscaped his arms and chest.
Ria Restrepo
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic-romance
Lovely is a gripping erotic romance with BDSM themes. This is the first full-length stand alone book in the Elite Doms of Washington series. If you read the novella Holiday Ties, the timeline of the story is actually after the events in Lovely.

Christiana Snow plans to spend her summer earning her college tuition working at one of Washington DC's exclusive hotels, while juggling her alcoholic father and spoiled socialite best friend. When she delivers room service to the Jefferson Suite, she acci
Linda
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Christana Snow worked two jobs to college and at nineteen, she babysat her diva ego booster wealthy friend Avery as well as drove her alcoholic big time news reporter dad when he had too much to drink which was often. Working in Washington as a waitress left her too busy earning tips to frolic with her friend who never worked a day in her life and when she wanted something or someone she damn well got it. Chris was uneasy with being in the limelight while her friend seemed to crave, talk about o ...more
Erin McFarland
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Loved it. I was ready for your typical bdsm book but this is anything but. Oh there's light bdsm themes and a love story of course, but it's all told beneath the backdrop of the most inside of Washington DC politics.
Jonathan Brond is a Congressman with a double life. By day he's a power player in Washington politics who's trying to push his cause through Congress, by night he's a Dom. One who takes his hobby quite seriously. When the intriguing Christiana Snow catches his eye
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Nightlife: San Antonio (The Nightlife, #5)
  • Hers To Claim (Verdantia, #4)
  • A World of Romance (ASMSG Collections #3)
  • Release By Treaty (Qui Treaty Collection, #1)
  • Kiss Me Slowly
  • Spice Box: Sixteen Steamy Stories
  • Passionate Bites:  Hot Tales of Vampire Romance
  • Blood and Loss (Cassandra Myles, Witch, #1)
  • Hot Redemption
  • Highland Shifters: Paranormal Romance Boxed Set
  • The Flesh Cartel, Season 1: Damnation
  • Prince of Demons 2
  • Triton (The Aegean Chronicles #1)
  • Gemini Moon (Lella York, #1)
The next Elite Doms of Washington book, Invincible, is ready to be shelved. Woot. Alexander Rockingham is ready to have his story told. Cover reveal forthcoming!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Award-winning author of erotic and steamy contemporary romance, Elizabeth SaFleur promises all the "feels" in her emotional, plot-rich stories. And, hot heroes, HEAs and (many)

Elite Doms of Washington (6 books)
  • Untouchable
  • Perfect
  • Lucky
  • Fearless (Elite Doms of Washington, #5)
  • Invincible (Elite Doms of Washington #6)
“He snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her into him with an unyielding strength. She’d been unmistakably seized.” 4 likes
“She wanted to know what his body would feel like under her hands. Her palms slid, almost as if under someone else’s control, under his jacket until she embraced his waist. His jacket, now parted on either side of her, left only a thin shirt and her dress between her belly and the ridges she felt across his abdomen. She was right about what she’d imagined under his suit.” 3 likes