Start by marking “Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #2)

Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #2)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  717 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Paralegal Finley Anderson Tanner (F.A.T. to her enemies) knows a good deal when she sees one, but a raw deal is a different matter...

Finley knows it can’t be good news when she’s awakened at 5:40 A.M. by someone knocking on her door. Her hunch proves correct. Finley’s pal Jane is hysterical and clad only in a negligee. It all started when Jane went out on a blind date with
Published March 1st 2008 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Knock 'em Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knock 'em Dead

Tammy
Aug 04, 2008 rated it did not like it
This book ticked me off in a BIG way. 1) The book is unresearched and contains bogus facts that triggered my legal geek button; and 2) I paid the hardcover price.

Finley Tanner is a paralegal specializing in estate and probates in the state of Florida. (Right up my alley! Except I do it in Washington.) When her best friend, Jane, shows up at her door covered in blood, she calls an attorney at her office and contacts the police. Turns out Jane went on a date that was arranged through a high class
Maureen DeLuca
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in the Finley Anderson Tanner *FAT* series... A West Palm Beach paralegal who hates the gym, still rents her condo, and loves two-hour lunches with her friends. But what really gets Finley hot is hunting down deeply discounted designer goods she can wear at her upscale law firm.

I really enjoyed the first one Knock Off and I really enjoyed this one as well. In this book Finley knows it can’t be good news when she’s awakened at 5:40 A.M. by someone knocking on her door. Her hu
Miko Wiropati
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 stars are for the fun experience I had when I read this book.

I don't know much about paralegal world, so I didn't care whether the author wrote this book based on research or not. One thing I know that I laughed over FAT's silly moves.. and that's enough for this kind of book.

This is the kind of book that I read totally just for fun.. ;)
Lindsey
Following the escapades of Finley Anderson Tanner as she tries to solve the mystery of who really killed the man her best friend is charged with murdering.

Fun and light in the Stephanie Plum vein, crossed with the Shopaholic. The plot isn't quite as original, especially the side story involving Finley's boyfriend Patrick, which you can predict a mile away. But still entertaining.
Charles Duvel
Mar 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was my first look at Rhonda Pollero's character Finley Tanner and I have to say I was rather surprised out how easy and enjoyable the reading was. I like a good humorous novel and Pollero knows how to keep it both light and amusing with a good story. I look forward to reading her other books.
Mama K
Jun 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate to not finish a book, but too many cuss words and sex related talk. Not my thing, so after about 20 pages I'm moving on to the next in my TBR pile.
The Peon
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I finished the entire series of Finley Anderson Tanner books by Rhonda Pollero. This series was a VERY VERY simple read. It was a combination of Chick-Lit and Mystery…but mostly Chick-Lit, the mystery was much to be desired. The author’s writing is beginner level at best. Do not get me wrong, I read the books and enjoyed them to some degree, however the plots were sub par and unbelievable. The author would introduce a problem but often times would not resolve it. Another thing that was annoying ...more
Steph
Aug 01, 2009 rated it liked it
Sandy
Jan 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Knock 'Em Dead is a well-written, captivating and highly entertaining novel. There are a lot of things I love about this book; the in-depth characters and storyline, the plot, dialogue, and fantastic scenes. It had me rooting for Finley the whole way! I was glued to this book and I loved every part of it. Not only is it realistic and believable, but it's also very easy to relate to. Each character has their flaws despite their overall appearance. One thing I hated was how Finley was indecisive r ...more
Lynn
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
First reviewer, Tammy: Some notes.

1. She couldn't get on Westlaw, because she has been fired from the firm and they cut iff her Access. True, she should have known better than to even try.

2. The bank never let them liquidate Jane's assets, but they will accept a notarized power of attorney. I used to deal with that all the time, when my Navy officer husband was deployed. In Florida.

3. Finley had authority figure issues, but everything she did was for someone else...her friend who had come to her
Nancy
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Nothing unusual here in this book.

Traditional murder mystery with an amateur who thinks they are the next Sherlock Holmes or Miss Marple with undercurrents of sexual tension.

But it was an enjoyable read.

Clue #1:

If some evil looking person says to you don't go down to the basement, then don't go down there.

I notice in these types of books the protagonist just doesn't understand that clue!
Brittany
Sep 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: september-2010
it definately wasn't the worst book i've ever read, but it came close to the "just-plain-waste-of-time" category. however, i always feel the need to finish books i start, unless they're god awful. it was okay story-wise, but i really disliked finley. she did a great job in portraying the stupid, naive blonde who doesn't listen to what they're told and lacks in the common sense and willpower department.
Becky
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Finley was a very likeable character, and she was funny! Normally, I don't love books that are written in first person, but after a few pages, I forgot about that personal preference. The story was well written, and it didn't lose my attention. If you like mysteries and sassy heroines, you will enjoy this book.
Becky
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series so far (even though I read book 3 and then books 1 and 2). This book was no exception. Can't wait for the next one. Kind of surprised it is not coming out until next year, but I guess I'm not sure when the 3rd came out, so maybe that's not as unusual as it seems to me. :)
Carrie
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
This one was fun too. I like the twists in her mysteries and the mess that is Finley's life. I mean, all she did was open her door for a friend! The heat with McGarrity is a nice bonus, and the clothes were again fabulous.
Doris
Mar 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
I noted some content errors (i.e.: referencing the wrong Meg Ryan movie for its famous deli scene) but I still enjoyed this book for its humor, spunk, zany antics, sexual tension, family and shopping dynamics, entertaining friendships and intriguing mystery. I read her first, will read her next.
Cindi Schultz
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Good series so far.
Jeanne
Aug 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was just what I needed, a mindless escape from the real world. A mystry a little romance and a few witty remarks.
Béatrice
Nettement moins enlevé et drôle que le précédent, de la même collection (girls in the city)avec un peu trop de références à mon goût à la mode et au "sexy" utilisé à tout bout de champ.
Kerry
May 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
The book was okay. A lot on fashion and just not all that interesting to me.
Mel
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
2nd in series
another great read. quick, cozy mystery. enjoyed!
Linda
Mar 29, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
3.5 Stars. This is a fun series with Finley trying to help out a friend accused of murder. She's able to solve the crime but there is no real skill there. Still a lot of fun.
Karen
Apr 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Excellent and cute!
Josi
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the Finley books. I am rereading them. I like the blend of humor, mystery and romance.
Lori
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
interested in reading others in the Finlay Anderson Tanner mystery series
Carter Campbell
a fun, funny, quick read! love this series!!!
Jamie
Sep 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Fast paced, fun read.
Pacy Ingabire
A Lady(Finley) trying to help out a friend ( who is in jail) for murder and chopping off a penis!

The book is funny! If you have time
Connie
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Still enjoying the series.
Savannah Jones
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT
  • Unplugged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #2)
  • Quick Study (A Murder 101 Mystery, #3)
  • Hollywood Headlines Mysteries Boxed Set (Hollywood Headlines, #1-3)
  • The Wombat Strategy (Kylie Kendall Mystery, #1)
  • No Place Like Rome (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #3)
  • Angel Food and Devil Dogs (Maggie Gale Mystery, #1)
  • Killer Cocktail (Molly Forrester Mystery, #2)
  • The River Killings (A Zoe Hayes Mystery #2)
  • How I Learned to Love the Walrus
  • Wiped Out (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #4)
  • The PMS Murder (A Jaine Austen Mystery #5)
  • Thrilled to Death (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #5)
Rhonda Pollero also writes under the name Kelsey Roberts.
More about Rhonda Pollero...

A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery (6 books)
  • Knock Off (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #1)
  • Fat Chance (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #3)
  • Slightly Irregular (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #4)
  • Bargain Hunting (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #5)
  • No Returns