Start by marking “Our Song” as Want to Read:
Our Song

Our Song

Belle Montgomery is a small town Carolina girl. She leaves her simple life, family, and friends behind to open for the one and only country music mega star, Jake Bryant. With a break in their tour, sparks are bound to fly when Jake visits the small Podunk town of Lattimore. That is until Belle's long-time friend Chase McSwain makes his feelings known. Will sparks fly ...more
Published October 27th 2014 by Casey Peeler (first published October 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Our Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Song

Start your review of Our Song
Anne OK
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
A short, sweet and romantic little diddy that won't take long to read but will leave you with a smile on your face. When a small town girl makes it big on the country music scene, she meets Jake Bryant, the Country Music God. There's a little flirting, some heaving hitting and a trip home where she comes face-to-face with what's real. Even if it appears there's a romantic triangle to this one, there's always a clear winner and absolutely no cheating.

Fun-to-read!
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
3.5 hot-oh-mighty stars...
Our Song (now I understand the title), is a very short sweet read. Being a music lover I couldn't resist giving it a try, and I'm glad I did. I especially enjoyed Belle's family and friends and the home town feel. I could almost see the family farm, the swimming hole, and the local honky tonk. The author managed to fit a lot of story into a short novella, but I don't feel short-changed. I'm satisfied with how things worked out for the characters involved. What, you
Chelly Peeler
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Belle Montgomery has done her share of singing in local country bars but now she’s touring and opening for the “country music god” Jake Bryant and with a voice like hers, she’s bound to hit it big. Admittedly, she fangirled over Jake when she first found out she’d tour with him. I mean, who wouldn’t? He’s a hottie with a perfect voice, he’s a gentleman, and he knows how to rock a pair of tight jeans.

While on tour Belle and Jake have quickly become friends. They flirt non-stop but they can’t go
Tina Lee Harris
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This sweet country novella will put a smile on your face from the beginning to the end. The chemistry between Belle and Jake is undeniable. But the love between Belle and Chase is unmistakable.

Once Belle hits it big opening for country music star Jake Bryant, she is living her dreams. When they are given a few days off what better way to spend them that at home in Lattimore? And why not bring the big country star Jake to her hometown?

As Belle and Jake head home to hang with her family
Anny hernandez
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

O.M.G. I just finish reading this book, and I love it, love the characters, and love how the book turn out to be, I have to say that I am a big fan of Casey I love the way she writes, I am gone keep this short, since this is a short novella.

This is the story of Belle, she is small town girl who love to sings, and now her dreams had come true, now she is on tour opening up for country music sexy mega star, Jake Bryant who is
Kelly Freeman
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Casey Peeler knows how to write southern romance!!! Being a country girl myself I can always get lost in Casey's writing. This was a great quick read and I feel in love with Belle!

Up and coming country music star Belle Montgomery is the opening act for country music god and hottie Jake Bryant. They have a few days off on their tour and Belle brings Jake home to Lattimore her hometown for a little break, and things get a little complicated when sparks start to fly between these two.

"I know you
Paige Smith
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In this fantastic novella, Casey Peeler continues to prove she's a talented author. Rising country music star Belle Montgomery is the opening act for the one and only Jake Bryant. While taking a few days off during their tour, Belle takes Jake home to Lattimore with her. Sparks fly between them as she shows him what her hometown has to offer.

Belle's friends Chase and Lindsay want the best for her. Chase, however, has always seen her as more. Will he be able to control his feelings once he sees
Sassy Southern
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review...

This was a short novella it took me about an hour to read.

What happens when you make it big in the country music world? You meet people that are fake and phony. But sometimes you meet someone that is real. That understands what it is like to want people to know the real you.

Belle is on tour with non other than Jake Bryant, country music God! But they are going to Belles home town for a break from the tour. When they arrive though things
Donna ~
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read from Casey Peeler with a beautiful story and characters you can get caught up in. I always enjoy Casey's writing as she makes you feel like you are right there with the characters.

Belle, a small country girl with big dreams that are finally coming true. Opening for a huge sexy star like Jake Bryant would make anyone swoon, but Belle and Jake find more than physical attraction they find friendship. But when a break on the tour arises and they venture to Belle's hometown
Stories and Swag Book Blog
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 sensational stars

This was a quick, little hot novella.

Belle is the opening act for Jake Bryant, the IT country music star. When they arrive in Belles hometown for a little break things begin to change for them. Belle is smack dab in the middle of good old rock and hard place. She knows she wants Jake but deep down in her heart Chase has always been the one. Will Chase step up to the plate and make his move or is it already too late? Will Jake show her who he really is and beat Chase to the
Rebecca Arbaugh
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
MUST READ!!

I'm pretty sure that if you put charley, Raegan , the Kluft girls, belle, Emmett, cash money, Joe, Lyndsay, and Jake in a room it would be one hell of a party. I absolutely love casey peelers books. She truly never disappoints. Her stories make you believe in love and crave that southern down home charm. I think the country music and the reality of her books draws me in. You get hooked after reading one chapter!
It's the same with Our Song. I was hooked and dying to read it after
Chauna
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a quick read about love, this is the one!! Casey you've done it again!!

Belle Montgomery has finally been seen. She's on tour with Country Music God himself, Jake Bryant. While on a break from the tour, she asks if he'd like to go to her home town of Lattimore with her for a few days. It's not long before things start to change between them...even though Belle want to keep their relationship professional.

What else do you do when you go to your home town and visit the place
Shaunna Armstrong
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Belle finally makes it and is opening up for the country music God Jake Bryant. When they get a small break and are close to Belle's family farm she invites Jake to tag along. Jake and Belle are just friends until he makes it clear he wants more. Then there is her friend Chase and that one time with him. Belle thinks it's in the past, but he wants her future. Chase makes his feelings known and Belle has to make a decision. The best friend that she cares a lot about, or the country music God.

Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Our Story is a great read. It's a novella so, it is a quick short read.

Belle is the opening act for Jake. During a tour break Belle takes Jake home with her. Jake meets her family and they have time to spend with her friends Chase and Lindsay. Things seem to change from friends to something more with Jake and Belle. Chase has feelings for Belle too. I loved all the characters. Both Chase and Jake are sweet. I won;t tell you which one Belle ends up with, you'll have to read it to find out.

A
Laura Smith
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
A short but beautiful romantic story that is easy to read and will leave you feeling happy and content. A HEA that will not be as you expected but will leave you smiling because you know the right choice was made :-)

This is my first book by Casey Peeler but I will definitely be adding more of her books to my TBR list.
Kimberly
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a good little novella! The story and characters were great! Loved Chase and glad it all worked out for him! Wish it was a longer book to see what happens to all the characters!
A great love story!
Paula
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I saw this novella on a friend's list and decided to check it out! I really enjoyed it. I will definitely read from this author again because she has a nice, even flow to her style. Things developed naturally and the characters were wonderful.
Irma
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well, I liked the way this story ended...
Savannah Stewart
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute novella! I loved the story and how it didn't seem rushed, even though it is a novella. Great job, Casey!! This is a great and fast read that I highly recommend.
Amy Rehberg
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easy and simple read

Two young friends who like each other but doesn't think it will ever be anything else. Jealous is obvious and what makes them realize their true feelings.
Laura Danielle
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story. I love how the author can write about the state that she loves and lives in
Kayla Hawkins
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story but it’s amazing
donna spiker
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Could have been a little more geographic and more of a setting
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A really lovely, short story. What happens when a small town, country girl goes on the road with a big shot musician? Sparks fly of cause. So when she takes him home with her for the holidays, more sparks fly when her best friend Chase admits his feelings for Belle. Belle needs to figure out whether she wants Jake or Chase, but will the choice be out of her hands?
A really great read once again by this talented author.
Melissa Rife
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Casey Peeler is a new author to me. I loved this novella! Good introduction. I like a good story with a twist. Sometimes love needs a little help. I liked that history didn't end how I thought it would and I was ok with it!
Tamara
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun, cute little novella.
Amy
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!!! I am not one to give spoilers in my reviews. This is the first time to have read any book by Casey Peeler!!!! What I will say it will not be the last!!!
Thanks for a great book.
Liz
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great quick read full of romance and a little bit of a twist. I really enjoyed the story.
Tammy
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice short read. Good work by Casey Peeler.
Meaghan Royce- Love Infinity Book Blog
Cute story

This was a cute short story of a girl who followed her dream of stardom. She met a super hot guy, only to realize she already had a great guy waiting for her. I definitely think she picked the right one in the end.
Casey Peeler grew up and still lives in North Carolina with her husband and daughter. Her first passion is teaching students with special needs. Over the years, she found her way to relax was in a good book.

After reading Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston her senior year of high school and multiple Nicholas Sparks’ novels, she found a hidden love and appreciation for reading.

When