Start by marking “Secrets and Lies (Redemption's Edge #2)” as Want to Read:
Secrets and Lies (Redemption's Edge #2)

Secrets and Lies (Redemption's Edge #2)

4.73  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A single mother must protect her teenage son-from organized crime and from himself.

Carol Daniels thinks she out-ran her enemies, until a detective arrives at her door with a warning from her convict brother. Minor incidents take on a sinister meaning. An anonymous phone call warns her not to hide again.

Now she must cooperate with a drug lord while the police work to trap h
Published October 23rd 2014 by Janet Sketchley

To ask other readers questions about Secrets and Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets and Lies

Paula Vince
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Immediately, Carol struck me as a woman on edge, jumpy and suspicious not by personality but because of circumstances. Not only is convicted serial murderer and rapist Harry Silver her brother, but she lost her husband, and also a 12-year-old son due to drug overdose. All she feels she has left is Paul, her 16-year-old remaining son, who she will do anything to protect. Joey, the DJ, recognises Carol as a survivor without even knowing the full picture at the start. She has fled across the countr ...more
Valerie Comer
A Golden Thread of Redemption

While this story follows Heaven's Prey in chronology, the squeamish reader (me!) can be thankful this story is more of a suspense tale than a thriller like Heaven's Prey. Secrets and Lies follows convicted serial killer Harry Silver's sister Carol and teenage nephew Paul as they come to grips with Harry's horrific deeds.

But it's not quite that innocent. Harry had double-crossed a major drug lord before his conversion and arrest. The drug lord is convinced Carol knows
Lynn  Davidson
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This novel, Secrets & Lies, is book 2 in the Redemption’s Edge series by Canadian author Janet Sketchley.

Even though Secrets & Lies is book 2 of the series, the author gives enough details so that if readers have not read book 1 they aren’t feeling adrift not knowing how the characters connect. Janet Sketchley did an excellent job of writing a novel that sits comfortably in the middle of the trio, and that can also stand alone.

After her teenage son dies from a drug overdose and her husba
Violet
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carol Daniels has moved with her 16-year-old son Paul from Calgary to Toronto at the beginning of Secrets and Lies, Janet Sketchley’s second book in the Redemption Edge Series. It wasn’t a move of choice but of necessity, to get away from the terrifying lowlife associates that had begun threatening her in her western home—characters that were seemingly connected to her brother (the convicted killer Harry Silver from Heaven’s Prey – Redemption’s Edge 1).

Her hopes of hiding from the thugs are das
Janice Dick
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital, fiction, suspense
When Carol Daniels can’t sleep at night, which is often, she tunes in to her favorite oldies station to request songs and talk off-air with deejay, Joey Hill. Carol has reasons for insomnia. Her estranged brother is in prison for multiple brutal murders, and his former associates think Carol knows where he hid his stash of takings.

Carol and her sixteen year-old son, Paul, have recently moved from Calgary to Toronto in an attempt to stay ahead of the thugs. She works at the Sticky Fingers Café, w
H.L. Wegley
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heaven’s Prey, book 1 in Janet Sketchley’s Redemption’s Edge series, dealt with the issue of the extent of God's grace. God's grace is often described as sufficient to cover all of any person's sins. Sketchley illustrates this in book 1 by God’s forgiveness of serial killer, Harry Silver.
However, God's grace goes much further than redemption, and that is what Book 2, Secrets and Lies, deals with, the extent of God's grace. Secrets and Lies emphasizes, through the heroine, Carol Daniels, that we
Mark
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have only read one other book by Janet Sketchley, which I reviewed back in March. This book is a sequel to it, and is even better than the first book.

I will avoid giving spoilers away for the first book, and just say the main character in this book is trying to hide her and her teenage son from bad guys associated with her criminal brother.

The first book was really good, but it centered for the most part on two people, a captive and her captor. This book has a lot more going on, and I found
Yvonne Anderson
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Heaven's Prey, the first book in Janet Sketchley’s Redemption’s Edge series. But this one is even better.

The author has a gift for creating suspense. I swear she could put tension in a character’s innocent yawn. She’s adept at keeping the reader on edge without relying on violence, destruction, and sensual titillation. As Sketchley demonstrates, a skilled writer with a good story to tell needn't resort to lazy devices.

Characters—even the bad guys—are realistic, easy to relate to, the sor
Christine Lindsay
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Secrets and Lies is a real page turner sequel to Heaven’s Prey. Carol has run away to escape her past with her only remaining child, sixteen-year-old Paul. With the sadness of losing her other son to drugs, and her musician husband who abandoned them, and her brother in jail for murder, Carol’s anxiety is stretched to a thread. Then she starts receiving mysterious and threatening phone calls. Someone wants to know where the drug money is hidden.

This is a great suspense yarn to keep you up for a
JoAnn
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Secrets and Lies is a fantastic suspense/romance. A mother protecting her son from the world of drugs. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end. If you love a good clean Christian suspense I would recommend this book. It was the first book I have read by this author, but I will be reading more in the future. I was given a copy of this book for my honest review. My thanks to the author Janet Sketchley.
Joyful
Shelves: review
Wow! A can not put down suspense romance full of tensions between Carol and her son, between Carol and God, between drug lord and Carol, between Carol and her boyfriend, and between the son and his girlfriend. Well written story. Who can she trust? Can she protect her son? Can she learn to pray? Can she accept God's will for her and how will she know God's will. A diffinently good read. I was given this book for an honest review.
Ann
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a roller coaster ride from the first pages that definitely kept me reading until the final pages, and had an ending I wasn't expecting. It is a wonderful combination of suspense and romance and also shows the working of God in the lives of the characters as they search for His grace, forgiveness and protection. I was furnished an e-copy of this book in return for an honest review, and it's a book I definitely recommend.
Linda Rainey
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Linda by: http://janetsketchley.ca/books/secret...
Secrets and Lies, Book 2 in the Redemption Edge Series keeps you on the edge of your seat from page 1 until finish.
It's a story one woman's journey to protect her son.while learning how to pray and accept God and his will in her life.
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Beverley Hopwood
Apr 08, 2016
Seanclary
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Christian fiction
A great read—highly recommended!
Robert
May 24, 2018
Nom
Jun 27, 2018
Janet Sketchley
Oct 28, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Elaine Capobianco Burris
Giveaway and Interview at Coffee Corner 1 1 Jan 05, 2015 11:40AM
Giveaway and Interview at Sleuths & Suspects 1 1 Dec 03, 2014 12:16PM
Giveaway and Guest Post 1 2 Nov 25, 2014 11:53AM
Interview with the heroine of Secrets & Lies 1 2 Nov 19, 2014 04:28PM
Janet Sketchley is an Atlantic Canadian writer who likes her fiction with a splash of mystery or adventure and a dash of Christianity. Why leave faith out of our stories if it’s part of our lives? You can find Janet online at janetsketchley.ca.

Random facts: Janet's super-power is untangling yarn and Slinkies™; there are over 50 varieties of tea in her house; she's Canadian but she worked at the bu

Redemption's Edge (3 books)
  • Heaven's Prey (Redemption's Edge, #1)
  • Without Proof (Redemption's Edge, #3)