Start by marking “Kiss Me At Kwanzaa” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me At Kwanzaa

Kiss Me At Kwanzaa

A story from Boughs of Evergreen: A Holiday Anthology

Coworkers and cubicle mates, Ishmael "Ish" Cutter and Adan Flores might come from different backgrounds but they have a good number of things in common. The biggest one? They each have a secret crush on the other. This holiday season they are both single for the first time in thirteen months. No boyfriends or clingy ex
Published December 1st 2014 by Beaten Track Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me At Kwanzaa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me At Kwanzaa

Start your review of Kiss Me At Kwanzaa
Natasha
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic, quick little read, that I read one afternoon before going out. It took me from being in a 'meh' mood, to being in a happy mood. This is a sweet story of two men who have crushes on each other, but it takes them a billion years to figure it out (and both be single)!

They are so sweet, and their interactions are adorable, very believable, and endearing.

Oh, and Natasha is obviously the badassest character. Obviously. I love her. I feel like she takes no shit and has no regrets.
Lori
Shelves: um-authored
Proper review when I'm on my computer...just know if you're looking for a holiday read with a yummy friends-to-lovers romance this is a great one to choose. :)

Finally I'm able to review this.

In a mere 18 pages LL Bucknor manages to provide a fantastic holiday story. I'm a huge HUGE fan of Christmas stories, and though this is about Kwanzaa, it has that same scrummy warmth about it. Adan and Ish manage that wonderful friends to more storyline that is my favourite!

The author brings wit and
Justin
Shelves: cover-love
Super cute story! The two main characters were adorable and the supporting characters made this so much fun to read. I saw the author's sense of humor and personality really shine in this little gem. It's the perfect holiday short!

Can't wait to read more stories from this HUGE holiday collection. The proceeds from sales of this anthology go to The Trevor Project, an amazing LGBT crisis and suicide prevention organization!
Kristan
Absolutely adorable!

I'm completely enamoured with the characters in this story. Every secondary character was a gem that I want to get to know better.

This is the story of the beginning of Ish and Adan's relationship. Those breif touches and glances, and those times where you know you've talked to your family about your crush far too often; it all brings a smile to my face, making this story the perfect little holiday read.

I would love to visit any of these characters again in the future.

My
Shelby P
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, holidays
I have to give this author major props for bringing some much needed diversity to the M/M Romance genre. My favorite character was the sassy Natasha trying to take her brother's man, loved her! I liked AJ too, she was cute.

I'll probably have to re-read this so I get a better take on all the characters but Janet must have some "severely popping" p*ssy like Rhianna for her two ex-husbands and current husband to come together and all get along for the holidays :-)

There were a few laughs here and
Sunny
I loved all the characters in this adorable story. The perfect amount of sweetness and anticipation. Now, please tell me there will be a follow-up, and maybe a story about a certain marine?
Grammar*Kitten
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthology, lgbtq
A cute little friends-to-lovers story with secret crushes and great humourous elements. I still have no real idea about Kwanzaa, but this fun story with the kooky family and the sweet 'crushing' makes me want to learn a whole lot more about it.

A nice, short, seasonal story.
Lisa J.
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Cute holiday story with a light tone and quirky family. And kudos for celebrating Kwanzaa, which I've not read in a m/m story before. I smiled at the aunt, uncle, and Natasha's antics and was intrigued by Damien. The kisses in the bathroom were very sweet. I was bummed that the story ended at 71 percent though. I was looking forward to the after-party at Adan's and perhaps more scenes at work the following day. I want more of Adan and Ish and hope there's a follow-up someday.
carol
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult YA and LGBT readers
Recommended to carol by: Al
Shelves: gay, holiday, male-romance
Short story, part of the anthology Boughs of Evergreen, profits going to The Trevor Project supporting young LGBT people with emotional and mental health issues.

Well, I hadn't heard of Kwanzaa and this African holiday celebration, around since the 1960's. Certainly like the multi ethnic mix of the family and their determination to celebrate all holidays relevant to each.
This is about two co workers, Ish (Ishmael) & Adnan, each secretly fancies the other, will the acceptance of this Kwanzaa
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
A light, fun, festive read with no angst at all. Loved all the interesting characters in Adan's family. Also enjoyed learning about Kwanzaa. A nice holiday pick me up. The ending felt abrupt; I wish we got a bit more of Ish and Adan together.
Lumina
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lumina by: Breann
Sweet story but I felt it ended before the end so to say. I would have wanted, at least, a more solid HFN. I'm amazed how many people really had personality in such a short story. Adan's family was great, the little we were able to see.
Jenn (not Lily)
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lendable, winter-read
re-read 12/26/16: just as good and heart-warming as the first time! Adorable family -- wouldn't mind reading about older brother Damien finding someone...

Adorable couple and great family dynamic -- would love to read more about the two of them!
Victoria
Dec 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute. My first Kwanzaa story :)
Amy Spector
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review to come.
StoneWolf
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cure.

Very cute short story, this one could be fun to turn into a longer book. Can't wait to find more from the author...
DC
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Somewhat cute story of two guys finally coming together - Adan, with a huge blended family, and Ishmael (Ish - ugh that just does not roll off the tongue). I knew this was a short story but I was surprised when I reached The End where it was because it felt like the story was just picking up steam. The way it ended just made the whole thing feel incomplete. I also had a bit of confusion following Adan’s family connections. His mother was married three times, the current husband and one ex were ...more
Dena

• Shiny Things
  • An Angel in Eyeliner
  • A Little Christmas Magic
  • Xmas Cake: A Modern Fairy Tale
  • The Note (Love in O'Leary #2.5)
Born and raised on planet Earth, LL Bucknor is a reader first, writer second. She's a work in progress.

Not a huge fan of talking about herself, let's leave it at she likes short walks to the nearest comfortable surface, watching television, drinking coffee and figuring out how to work chocolate into some part of her day.

And she likes reading and writing about men loving men.

And she's caught the
“What should I wear? Business casual? No visible piercings?” “Please don’t hide yourself on my family’s account. We are not the type to discriminate.” When Ish was away from work, he’d wear his eyebrow and nose piercings, uncover his tattoos from beneath the stuffy business clothes. That’s what Adan loved the most—when Ish could be himself.” 2 likes