Start by marking “Black is the Colour (Tales from the Hearthfire)” as Want to Read:
Black is the Colour (Tales from the Hearthfire)

Black is the Colour (Tales from the Hearthfire)

Ciana has loved Oran all her life and nothing, not even her father will prevent them from being together. But the Mayor of Stonemark has higher aspirations for his daughter than the village blacksmith. He engages the help of a witch and dark magic to bend Ciana to his will.

Oran knows that he doesn’t deserve Ciana. But their love is stronger than the metal he forges and wel
Published October 28th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Black is the Colour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black is the Colour

Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Black is the Colour
Author: Nicole Hurley-Moore
Series or Standalone: Standalone Series (Tales from the Hearthfire)
Rating: 4 Stars ****

Review:

**ARC provided by the author for a fair and honest review**

Black is the Colour is the first novel in what I believe to be a young adult standalone series featuring three sisters that is equal parts paranormal, medieval and romantic. It is told from both Ciana and Oren’s point of views and is reminiscent in a lot of ways to older fairytales.

The stor
Hooked On Books
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 *****
I’ve read very few medieval set romances although I do love my historical books I tend to play it safe in Regency times so I was pleasantly surprised with Nicole Hurley-Moore’s tale of forbidden romance between the upper echelon of society- the mayor’s wayward and free-spirited daughter Ciana and the humble and lower ranked but devilishly handsome blacksmith Oran.
With elements of the supernatural weaved throughout this story Nicole manages to portray the ruthless misogynistic views men
Josette Reuel
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book as part of a Spotlight/Review tour asking for my honest review.

Black is the Colour reminds me of the fairytale stories that I read while growing up. It's a bit darker and definitely a bit sexier than what a child should read, but it had that feel, and that is what I absolutely loved about reading this story.

It actually feels a bit like Romeo and Juliette meets Medieval Disney Princess, with a bit of Celtic lore thrown in. It made for a unique and intriguing read th
Nicole Laverdure
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful medieval fairy tale!
Lovers of paranormal romance, with a touch of magic, will love BLACK IS THE COLOUR, nicely written by Nicole Hurley-Moore. Perfect introduction in her new series Tales from the Hearthfire, the story of three sisters Ciana, Mariella and Elisabetta. If you are looking a great quick read, just sit back, relax and follow Ciana and Oran's journey, set in medieval which it's filled with magic, curse and a witch! It's the fantastic love story of Ciana, the loving, caring a
Sandra Love
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars, WOW. This book was so good, I am telling you to drop everything and read this book. I am so glad I agreed to read this book for her blog tour. I’ve never read anything from this author, she is a new author to me. Yes I am a fan for life, and will be reading more from her.
Okay the story was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I love this medieval fairytale twisted with paranormal romance. I LOVED the characters. Ciana loves Oran and has for as long as she could remem
Tara
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love medieval historical romance, fantasy and the paranormal genres. This author successfully
merged them all in one amazing book. The relationship between Ciana and Oran is exactly what you hope for in a romantic story. Black is the Colour has everything required for a perfect fairy tale.

...strong, free-spirited heroine
...a true hero
...mean parent
...evil witch
...very vivid and detailed
...emotional

I would highly recommend this story to fairy tale lovers or anyone looking for a romantic and adve
Venetia Green
Nov 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Ciana's father, the powerful mayor of a medieval village (in what country or century, I'm not certain - but it really doesn't matter), is livid that his daughter has married against his will, thus foiling his plans for an advantageous match. He enlists a witch, the Lady of the Hollow, to discretely rid him of this unwanted son-in-law. The eventual result is that Oran, Ciana's new husband, is transformed into a raven. In fact my favorite part of this novella was the description from Oran's point ...more
Lani