Start by marking “Through The Lens (Creative Hearts #1)” as Want to Read:
Through The Lens (Creative Hearts #1)

Through The Lens

(Creative Hearts #1)

Mika Walters is a normal-sized woman working in the not-so-normal world of New York fashion. As longtime assistant to uber-sexy photographer Alejandro Vega, she's tired of being the girl in the background. Just once she wants Alejandro to look at her with the same smoldering look he gives to his willowy models and now she has her chance.

Stranded.

After a travel mishap whe
Published October 10th 2014 by River Hills Press (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Through The Lens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through The Lens

Toni
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, romance
If you follow me on Goodreads, you'll see that I read a lot of romance books, specifically by African Americans. Sometimes you just want a happy ending. The majority of my favorite authors all publish with the same company and I tend to stick with what I know. I rarely venture to other commercial or independent publishers because I've had some bad luck in the past with editing and proofreading errors.

Through the Lens is the second book that I've read published by Crimson Romance and I'm quite h
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Sexy Tales

Through the Lens by K.M. Jackson was a unique tropical love story that satisfied till the end. The author sent me this book upon my request in exchange for a fair review.

Alejandro Vargas is a hot, very well known high fashion photographer, and Mika (great name) has been his very competent assistant for the last 3 years. In fact, Alejandro can’t function without her. But Mika is an extremely talented photographer in her own right, and
Tori
KM Jackson's Through The Lens is a delightfully sexy romance that takes us into the interesting world of fashion photography. Beautiful settings, luscious descriptions, and smoldering love scenes will have you laughing and sighing in pleasure as we watch the sparks fly between there two strong individuals.

Mika Walters, long time assistant to sexy photographer and playboy Alejandro Vega, has had enough. She wants more from him and her job but Alejandro seems to be clueless on both fronts. When t
Micah Persell
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! I connected with the hero and heroine right away and was rooting for them from the get-go. Alejandro and Mika’s passion was scorching hot! And their passion for art definitely leaked into their passion for each other. But what I especially loved was Mika’s spirit. She was a tough girl who knew what she wanted and knew what she needed and that they didn’t mesh. She made the right decisions, and I was so happy to see her get the happily ever after she deserved. Can’t ...more
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Looking forward to the next book

Loved the romance of the island in order for the tale to unfold between Mika and Alejandro. I like how she felt she needed to step out on her own to develop a name for herself. Loved the story.
Ally
D to the n to the f.
Christine
** 3.5 out of 5 stars **

Who wouldn't like to escape to a remote tropical island for a day? You can do just that by reading Through the Lens by debut author K.M. Jackson. This sweet and sexy contemporary romance is just the ticket to your escape.

Sexy, playboy fashion photographer Alejandro Vargas is on a remote tropical island with his assistant Mika Walters a couple of days ahead of the models and crew in order to scope out perfect shoot locations. Mika is an aspiring photographer herself and
Jody
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy romances set in the workplace and though this one wasn't perfect I found myself rooting for Mika every step of the way as I could see myself in her and found her easily relatable to all us "average" women. Mix in romantic scenery with beautiful sunsets and romance can't help but flourish between two people with similarly messed-up romantic pasts.

Mika is a capable woman, good at her job, who has always been there when Alejandro needs her. She's his right hand woman but would love to be mo
Bookswithbenefits
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through the Lens was a treat. I generally prefer longer books, but as the market trends to shorter fiction, I am always looking for the rare winner. Through the Lens is smart and sweet and emotionally engaging. I really cared about the characters, and I grew to like them a lot, too.

At 200 pages, this novel represents a special kind of triumph: a unique and sympathetic heroine; an Alpha hero who turns out to be so much more than that; emotionally rich back stories; interesting careers that genera
Carey Heywood
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book by the author.

I love a strong female, sure Mika isn't always in complete control but she knows when to put her foot down. Ale, her boss is well....hot, and a bit of a control freak. Also, that island....um, sign me up! Sure the story was hot but what really appealed to me were all of the spaces between the romance. I get emotionally involved when a character is going after her dreams, someone I can root for. I like this writer's writing style. It was fun to read
Lisa White
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With characters named Mika and Alejandro, this book had to be romantic. Through the Lens by K.M. Jackson is the epitome of an “escape read.” A strong woman in a tropical setting, Mika is who every woman wants to be – young, professional, and stuck on an island with the man of her dreams. Jackson weaves a wonderful story where Mika finds her true destiny and readers find their much needed escape. Note: I was provided an ARC for review as a professional courtesy. No monetary or other compensation ...more
Connie
Aug 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was okay. Mika was very wishy-washy. She knew what she wanted in a man as well as a career but she didn't know how to balance it out. I like Alejandro's character. Once he knew what he wanted, he didn't back down. I think Mika could have been less like a witch, and just enjoyed her time on the island w/Ale, and then broke the news to him of her new plans. I liked the island romance.
Donna Was A Scandal
I really enjoyed this love story. Mika is strong and complex and Ale is...well he's all alpha all the time and he's got the goods to back up the ego

Follow this link to my complete Scandalicious Book Review:

Falguni Kothari
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
As soon as Ale grabs his camera bag instead of Mika's hand as she tips over the boat into the water, you know you're in for a splashy read. Through the Lens doesn't disappoint.
Melvina
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!!! I can't wait to read more from K.M. Jackson. :)

(Won on Goodreads)
Christina
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mika and Alejandro were both very immature and petty. He was very egotistical and she was very insecure and wishy-washy. I couldn't deal with all the nonsense going all between them. She wants to dictate everything and is always running scared. He striking back like a teenage boy. So many assumptions between the two about the other. They spent most of the book bickering which was very annoying.
Terry Young
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice

This was my first read by this author and I truly enjoyed it. At times I wanted to just strangle Mika for her thoughts and actions. If only she would have just followed her heart their love would have happened earlier.
Patriece
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: enjoyed
a fairly good read.
Crystal
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it wished that they had resolved their issues better but it was a great story
Lise
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mika Walters has long suffered many slings and arrows as the assistant to famous fashion photographer, Alejandro Vargas. First, she's a beautiful woman but spending her days in the company of Modagliani-esque fashion models is enough to give any girl a complex. Second, she's Vargas' dogsbody, whose responsibilities include handling his schedule - including his romantic life. Being overshadowed by the photographic powerhouse also forces her to keep her own photography aspirations on the back burn ...more
Peggy Bird
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love to read romances between co-workers, maybe because that's how I met my husband. But this workplace romance is an over-the-top fantasy that would appeal to anyone with a heart. Handsome, well-known photographer, Alejandro Vargas, and his assistant, lovely Mika Walters, also an aspiring photographer, are three days early for a fashion shoot on a tropical island. Mika has a secret she's trying to get up the nerve to tell her boss as well as an attraction to him she is sure he doesn't return. ...more
Yazmin
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Through the Lens by K. M. Jackson, Mika Walters has been working as Alejandro Vega’s personal assistant for the past three years and has learned much from him. But she is in love with him and she is nothing like the women he dates and it’s time for her to go out on her own. She only needs to get this last big job done and a few more weeks before she leaves for her new job.

Alejandro Vega depends on Mika on every job. She knows what he needs even before he asks for it, but a mishap in travel ar
Nancy
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if you were alone on a desert island with your boss? If your boss were a handsome hunk and ladies man, you’d take full advantage of the situation. That’s what photographic assistant Mika Walters does with her “hottie” boss, famous photographer Alejandro Varges. Since was planning on leaving her job for another, she figures that a fantasy fling was in order. It’s just that Mika gets more than she bargained for, much more. The shutter reveals more positives than negatives and sho ...more
Mae Hanley
I would love to rate this story higher - however it is in need of a serious copy edit. Wrong words, missing words, all pulled me from what is otherwise a good story.

For example
page 37 - "Hell, at the mention of Eric, she got tense too, but it was nice to see that Ale was sweet enough to take notice, though she wasn't going get all mush and put much stock in it."

page 159 - "The same laugh that rumbled over her body and cuase her spine to tingle so many time."

She wasn't going get all mush.... What
Laura Brown
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this story. Two creative souls uniting is always a fun read. Mika works as an assistant for famous photographer Alejandro. Both have an attraction to one another, but neither act on it to preserve their professional relationship. Until a stay on a nearly deserted island changes everything. I loved how strong and feisty Mika was and had a blast watching Alejandro fall. I would highly recommend.
Akalle
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mika, an aspiring fashion photographer, finds herself virtually alone with her sexy boss Alejandro as they prepare for a fashion shoot in a romantic island setting. Mika has long been attracted to Alejandro, a famous fashion photographer, and now that she's considering leaving him to forge ahead in her own career, the sparks fly. I loved the characters, the island setting and the relationship that builds between Mika and Ale. Definitely a satisfying read.
Jeanine McAdam
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through the Lens is a wonderful multi cultural story about a young woman finding love and making it work. Miki has always had a crush on her handsome and successful boss but he's never noticed her. However in a tropical setting (which is delightful to read) with lots of good food and drink these two make their way towards each other. A wonderful escape story!
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
In the main I liked it. Alejandro was dashing and sexy. Mika was great too but a little too skittish and a bit of a buzzkill at times.
The timing of the book seemed a bit odd. Mostly on the island and lots of dialogue about how Ale wasn't boyfriend material. Then we just skimmed over 7 months and the HEA was covered in a page!
Sandhya
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was an OK read!! I was so eager to read this book , was searching for a long time but was disappointed when finally read it! The story was little bit slow and was boring for first few chapters!! But then when the couple started fighting and having arguments, the story got exciting.
And it was fairly good romance....and nicely written by the author but, not one of my favorite read!!
Jackie Roberts
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two kindred spirits who shared a passion for photography and so much more. I loved their connection and was happy to see them let go and enjoy a life of love. Through The Lens by KM Jackson is truly worth the purchase and read.
Goodreads Librari...: Amazon link incorrect 3 23 Apr 15, 2013 07:41AM

• Gone Wild
  • The Wanting Heart
  • Letters from Home (Love Beyond Reason, #1)
  • JACK
  • A Place to Rest My Heart
  • The Bull Rider's Brother (Bull Rider, #1)
  • Negotiating Skills
  • Wild Encounter
  • Black and White
  • Demons of the Sun
  • Twice Tempted (Tempted, #2)
  • Tempting the Tiger (Palm Haven Shifters, #1)
  • The Abolitionist's Secret (Cotillion Ball #2)
  • Time Changes Everything (Time Changes Everything, #1)
  • For the Love of Jazz
  • Holiday Temptation
  • Northanger Abbey
  • The Name of the Game
A native New Yorker, K.M. Jackson had two dreams for what she wanted to be when she “grew up”: 1. a fashion designer and 2. a writer.

After graduating from high school, she pursued her first dream and studied fashion design at New York’s FIT. She then spent ten years designing for various New York houses. But after years of jugging the oh-so-glam world of mid-market fashion along with being a mothe

Creative Hearts (3 books)
  • Seduction's Canvas (Creative Hearts, #2)
  • Threads Of Desire (Creative Hearts #3)