Start by marking “Happy Halloween, Witch's Cat!” as Want to Read:
Happy Halloween, Witch's Cat!

Happy Halloween, Witch's Cat!

(The Witch's Cat #2)

Published July 21st 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Happy Halloween, Witch's Cat!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Halloween, Witch's Cat!

Start your review of Happy Halloween, Witch's Cat!
Kathryn
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
These Witch's Cat books are so dang cute! I love the illustrations and the style lends itself especially well to all the costumes in this book (made of actual fabric and adhered to the "paper dolls" and set up on backgrounds to be photographed). Very cute and non-scary (IMO) with a fun little twist at the end.
Abigail
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Who Enjoyed the First 'Witch's Cat' Story / Anyone Looking for Sweeter Halloween Stories
The little girl who plays the role of her witch-mother's cat returns in this charming Halloween follow-up to her initial adventure, I Am a Witch's Cat . In this new picture-book, our "feline" heroine attempts to pick out a Halloween costume, only to find something wrong with every option, from vampire to ghost. Finally she hits on the perfect solution - (view spoiler) - and she and her mother enjoy the Halloween ...more
Jon Nakapalau
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another very nice pre T/or/T book to read with young children.
Gemma
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful pictures! I love the blend of illustration (?), felt, paper cut-outs, etc. to create full and detailed pages! This makes me wish I could visit the costume shop in the story :)
Susan
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I could look at the illustrations all day!
Holly Scudero
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A little girl likes to pretend she is her “good witch” mother’s special witch’s cat, and together, they are getting ready for Halloween! But what should a witch’s cat dress up as for Halloween? A green frog, perhaps? Or a black vampire? How about a pink ballerina? But nothing feels quite right, so witch’s cat and her mom go home to think about it some more. But then witch’s cat gets a brilliant idea! Will her mom go along with it?

In "Happy Halloween, Witch’s Cat!" author and illustrator Harriet
Christine Turner
A little girl believes her mother is a good witch, and she is a special witch's cat. Together, they're out to find the perfect Halloween costume. But what could be better than being a witch's cat? To create the whimsical world of Witch's Cat, author-illustrator Harriet Muncaster handcrafted miniature three-dimensional scenes using paper, foil, fabric, and other materials, then photographed them for a truly magical look. Readers will love discovering all the dazzling, tiny details in the charming ...more
Kristina Jean Lareau
Muncaster does it again! A follow up to I Am a Witch's Cat, this Halloween-themed picturebook is just as delightful, incredibly designed and rendered in mixed media modelling and a pure delight to read. I squealed when I saw there was another Witch's Cat, and it does not disappoint. ...more
Desiree
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Witch Cat needs help finding the best costume for Halloween. Along the way she tries on several different costumes until she finds the perfect one for her. This is a good story about finding the right fit in your family and in your costume choice.
Samantha
A little girl considers different Halloween costumes.

This would've been an average Halloween read if not for the mixed media 3-dimensional scenes photographed for the artwork.

Great read aloud for PreK-2.
Mary
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story is pretty simple, but the illustrations are what will most likely grab the reader. I love the mixed media that the author/illustrator uses. You can't help but stop on each page and pore over the pictures.
Mary
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love the color theme in the middle of the book, as well as the illustrations. Simple yet fun, will be a great read-aloud for the K-2nd grade crowd.
Ashley
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-flora
I LOOOOOVE just looking at this book. The artwork is so endearing. It made me a ll warm and fuzzy inside. And It is a good book for teaching colors, as each color word is the color that it says.
Vicki
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
This is a nice story about a child deciding on what to be for Halloween. I like the focus on colors, young preschoolers should be able to identify them as each costume is presented.
Margaux
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I adore Witch's Cat. And when she was trying on her witch's cat costumes, I just about died.
Michelle
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
The illustrations stand out in this title. The author created mini 3D scenes using paper, foil, fabric, etc. and then photographed them. Very cool effect.
Abigail
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sometimes you gotta be yourself.

Heather
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute Halloween book for the toddler crowd. My kids were a bit old for it but still enjoyed the cute illustrations. This should be turned into a board book.
Vivian
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is SO CUTE !!!! I LOVE the collage and cut-out character illustrations. The story combines COLOR recognition concepts with the dilemma of selecting the perfect costume. DeeLIGHTfull -- so much so that you'll want to own your own copy!
Lisa
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-and-g
Again, love the illustration style, and I liked the story of this book better. The costumes looked so cool!
Pam
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I adore the illustrations but they aren't sufficient to lift the story to a higher rating. Cute yes but the story is just adequate. Not funny, interesting, or different enough to make it special.
Emily
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing
Heidi
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super cute Halloween title about finding the perfect costume. Mother-Daughter bond is sweet. I love the page details too!
Megan Wagner
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Super cute! Love all the Halloween miniatures.
Chelsea
Read during school visit (F-P) on October 24th, 2019.
Katelyn Patterson
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
A cute follow up to Muncaster's I Am A Witch's Cat, we see our little black cat excitedly getting ready for Halloween by trying to decide what costume to wear. A green frog? No... too slimy. A pink ballerina? No... too frilly. An orange pumpkin? No... too smiley. In the end, she decides to be a witch and her mommy is now the black cat.

Clearly the opportunity was not passed up to create a Halloween book, this one doesn't shine quite as much as the original. However, again, I love all the media us
Jennifer Strong
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
A little girl and her mother prepare for Halloween by making yummy treats, decorating the house and choosing costumes.

The bulk of the story focuses on the dilemma of picking the perfect costume. The pictures are mixed media- the backgrounds are photographs of miniatures made of cardboard, fabric and paper. The girl and her mother are paper dolls and drawings. The combination of computer generated images and real-life items makes for unique and enjoyable illustrations. A heartfelt story showcas
Elizabeth
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A little girl who is a "witch's cat" (mom is a witch) goes shopping for Halloween costumes and cannot find the right one. She gives up until a cool solution presents itself!
Kristen
I absolutely ADORE the illustrations by Harriet Muncaster! She is inventive and the backdrops are works of art!
Rhonda Johnson

• Goblin Moon
  • Princess Snowbelle and the Snowstorm
  • The Colors of Summer
  • The Princess Who Had No Kingdom
Harriet Muncaster studied illustration at Norwich University College of the Arts before going on to get an MA in children’s book illustration at the Cambridge School of Art. In creating the art for her first book for children, she was thrilled to have found a good outlet for her lifelong fascination with miniatures. She lives in Hertfordshire, England.

The Witch's Cat (2 books)
  • I Am a Witch's Cat