Start by marking “Dust of Snow” as Want to Read:
Dust of Snow

Dust of Snow

'Tis the season. Greg's nights are silent and his bells don't jingle. This time last year his boyfriend broke up with him, and he's determined to get through these holidays with only minor bruising. So what if he lives with a cat and his best friend is his mother? Peace and quiet: that's life how he likes it. Nothing is going to blindside him this year, no sir. Especially ...more
Published December 9th 2014 by Indra Ink

To ask other readers questions about Dust of Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dust of Snow

Start your review of Dust of Snow
Nick Pageant
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, holiday
3.5 stars.

Fun Christmas story about Greg and his search for love. There's some good sex, a cat-napping, and lots of snow. I'm deducting 1.5 stars because the story does drag at times. (I think Mishy said it better in her review, there seems to be a lot of "extra" stuff in here that I wanted to skim over.) All in all a very nice holiday read.

P.S. What is up with the cover? Me no likey.
Gigi
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it

I was delighted by this charming Christmas themed love story, but went into it with the wrong impression of what I was going to read. It confused me and sapped of bit of fun out of the story, so I thought I'd give those of you reading this who had not read it and plan on reading it a few tips to help you enjoy it to it's fullest:

Gregory Peck is your MC right off the bat. He lives alone with his grumpy cat Curlywirly and is the personal assistant to a handsome French man at a successful company
Susan
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Re-read June 19th

I must have been drunk when I read this the first time. Or really really happy. I can't believe I gave it 5 stars. I'm more leaning towards 3.5 stars.

This book is filled with events that make you think something will happen, but it never does.

- Why is it such a big deal that Greg has stomach problems at the start of this book, but never mentioned again?

- The boss seemed like a love interest, multiple times, but apparently wasn't.

- Ash suffers from these strange headaches that
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

The cat on the cover threw me, and I kept thinking this was a kitty shifter book or something. But it's not.

It's a mostly low-angst, contemporary holiday story about two colleagues becoming friends and falling in love.

Gregory narrates the story in the first person. He's deeply insecure, kind of a push-over, and very prickly. Once we meet Gregory's ex-boyfriend, we get it, but it still didn't make Gregory likable.

Ashley, the other MC, felt slightly one-dimensional. He treated Greg
Tina
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arcs

4,5 stars

Loved it! <3 <3 <3

I fell in love with Indra Vaughn’s brilliant storytelling with The House on Hancock Hill, a truly awesome book! Her writing style is warm and amazing, and Dust of Snow is definitely another winner, I loved it!

Since his lover David left him last Christmas Greg (his full name is Gregory Peck btw :D) lives a relatively lonely life, his only company is Curlywurly, his large and extremely lazy Norwegian Forest cat. His love life is non existent.

For years Greg has
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
3-3.5 STARS

description

“Dust of Snow” is a holiday story about Greg a shy, insecure guy who doesn’t have many friends or a social life. He lives with his Norwegian cat, Curly and his best friends is his mother. He works a as PA for Carl, a French guy. He’s attracted to Carl, but he doesn't know for sure if Carl is gay or not. It’s been a year since David, Greg ex left him. He feels lonely, but he’s determined to get through these holidays with only minor bruising.

Things get interesting at work for Greg,
Barbara
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lovely-romance, m-m, br

BR with friends!

A sappy slow burn feel-good holiday romance, about Greg founding love…
Greg and Ash relationship, they were great together and I loved watching their relationship unfold, but would have liked more if the author wrote more on Greg and Ash’s relationship, and leave some side-issue, overall was a very nice read learning to love two men who deserve a happy ending.

Jennifer☠Pher☠
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: tis-the-season, m-m
Cute with a bit of depth. Greg had a little Jory going on. It seems everyone wanted him in some sort of way.

Ami

To be honest, when I first read the blurb, I thought it was going to be a novella length story. You know, the idea of having a Secret Santa and the discovery of who was responsible for the presents. I was quite surprised when I received the file and it was over 200 pages on my Kindle calculation (it was actually 57k words!). Why would the discovery of a Secret Santa need over 50k?!

Well, I guess because the story was more than just the blurb ....

To me, this is a personal journey of Greg
Lori
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Christmas time story. Gregory Peck (yet he looks like a young Robert Redford) is basically having a pretty crappy time of it. With a sexy French boss, a secret admirer, a bastard ex and an electrical outage life is....complicated. In the way all good Christmas stories do, this rounded off a crappy year with a yummy new romance. It was just the kind of book I was in the mood for. If Christmas 24 is your favourite channel through December, then i'm pretty sure you'll love this book. ...more
Elsbeth

Such a good Christmas story... Left me all mushy and sorts...

Luuved Greg. Hated what he had to go through because of his sick ex-boyfriend!! It made him so unsecure that he thought he wasn't worth anything. And then came Ash, sweet Ashley who showed Greg he deserved to be loved..
Sigh

Highly Recommended!!

Keira Andrews
I was lucky enough to edit this book, and it's so charming and sweet. You know how sometimes you just feel like a tender, touching romance with a generous helping of sap that makes you smile from ear to ear? Dust of Snow is the book for you. With the holidays coming, this is the perfect feel-good Christmas romance.

Greg is a character I rooted for right away. He's a bit of a sad sack when the book starts, and I think most of us can relate to being lonely and lacking self-esteem at some point in
Isabel
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another sweet Christmas BR

Lovely story! Review to come!
Kaje Harper
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, comfort-reread
This is a sweet, fun holiday story about a guy who has decided he's meant to be alone. After breaking up with his boyfriend a year ago, Greg figures relationships are not for him. He's settling in to get through the holidays with his cat, his job and a weekly dinner with his mother. But then Secret Santa gifts begin appearing at work, sweet and thoughtful and sometimes uncomfortable.

He wonders who's behind them, how they seem to both know him well and yet at times send the wrong gift for his
Line
Dec 03, 2018 marked it as maybe
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Dust-Snow-In...
Mandi Schreiner
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
For some reason, when this review request came my way, the blurb really caught my attention:

'T is the season. Greg's nights are silent and his bells don't jingle. This time last year his boyfriend broke up with him, and he's determined to get through these holidays with only minor bruising. So what if he lives with a cat and his best friend is his mother? Peace and quiet: that's life how he likes it. Nothing is going to blindside him this year, no sir. Especially not a rogue secret Santa.

Maybe
Leta Blake
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this holiday story! I think my favorite thing about it was the length. It was only halfway over when most Christmas stories would stop. I adored the main characters and hope for a sequel where side character Carl gets the man he deserves!
Mark
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
To have a secret admirer must be flattering for anyone but for Greg this comes in the form of a secret Santa.

Loved the whole idea of this book.Greg receives presents on his desk at work and has no idea from who they could be. But rather than get all joyful and happy, he is rather suspicious at first and thinks there must be an ulterior motive. This was the thing with Greg for me, someone who’s a workaholic but socially very lonely and awkward. I loved his French boss who always showed his
Bitchie
I would have liked this a lot more if there hadn't been so much going on. The boss thing that went nowhere, the nutty ex, nightmares, bad self-esteem, suddenly gay mom, sister's homophobic violent ex, just a lot going on for a sweet holiday romance. Plus, I thought Ashley was just too perfect, even if we didn't really learn anything about him, other than that he had nightmares and headaches (something else that never really went anywhere and could have been left out of the story)

Also, I REALLY
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

It was a cute story. Not my favorite but not bad either.

I was a bit puzzled at first because it seems like everyone is a potential love interest for Greg.

I wasn't sure about Greg's feelings for Ashley when they started to get closer because he had so much the hots for his boss Carl and after one kiss with Ash it all changed so fast. A bit too fast for me.

In the end though I was very happy for Greg and Ashley. They seem to be meant for each other.
Teri
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday
I thought this was cute and sweet. Greg was a fantastic character and I absolutely adored him. This was sweet and hot and a little tough at moments, but there was humor and just a good little read. I would recommend.
(view spoiler)
Joyfully Jay
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crissy
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

Dust of Snow is the first book I’ve read of Indra Vaughn’s and I absolutely loved it. As it’s no secret that I absolutely adore Christmas stories, it took me all of two seconds to decide on this one after reading the blurb, and I’m glad I did. From beginning to end, I was engrossed in Gregory’s life and his need to be loved, whether he realized it or not, and his journey of healing, which he certainly did not realize. This is more than a Christmas story, though it
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

This was a cute read. It was not my favourite Christmas read but it was a sweet one.

One of the comments I made after I'd finished reading was:

"I really liked the start and then it started to turn into a bit of a cliché. Everyone wants the quiet guy who thinks he isn't worth the effort blah blah blah. And I don't really get the whole Carl thing. Why was it even a thing?"

So yeah, that.

I really don't understand what Carl's role was in the whole thing. I honestly don't think he added anything to
V
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
Very nice story, the only reason that I didn't rate it higher it's because I think for this kind of plots it doesn't need to be this long, and it has many pages that were completely useless, however, it was still a charming story.
Carl mon chéri I think you are gay and you don't even know it mon amour.

Helle
Oct 28, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014, m-m, holiday, gift
Thank you Rissa for the gift *happy dance* Merry Christmas with family, friends, love, happiness and laugh *Smooch* *Hugs* *Kisses* *Happy* Speechless and touched. Thank you for making this a speciel Christmas
Aղցela W.
This was a good read. Gregory Peck’s social life is dead his abusive ex-boyfriend dumped him because Greg could not do anything right. Greg’s life is reduced to having dinner with his mother on Thursdays and watching TV with his cat while fantasizing about his sexy French boss Carl. So when presents start suddenly appearing on his table he thinks someone is pranking him. Although some of the mysterious treats are very thoughtful and expensive when Ashley "Ash" Montgomery begins showing interest ...more
Pjm12
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although this is not a lengthy novel, it fits a lot in. There are several stories running parallel and there is a nice feeling of them tying together at the conclusion.

Yes, Gregory Peck (ha!) is a bit of a whinger about winter, but he's also incredible diligent at his work, considerate of his co-workers value and partly crushing on his older, French boss, Carl.

There's surprises when someone starts to do nice things for Greg, and the way the author builds this works well within Greg's budding
Adrian
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
'Tis the season for warm and fuzzy Christmas stories!! I loved this book, especially Greg, from the first page. Greg is still reeling from a bad break-up that happened a year ago. He's been spending all of his time with his Mother and his cat. Until one day a Secret Santa starts leaving sweet gifts for him. Swoon!! Enter Ash. A little older, gorgeous and sexy. Just what Greg needs to get his mojo back. Dust of Snow is sweet and oh so very sexy, the perfect Christmas HEA. 4.5 Stars
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
BR with friends - Monday 22.12.2014 10 17 Dec 25, 2014 04:26AM

• Always the Groomsman
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Tallowwood
  • Rocket Science
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Saving the Super-man (Kazuki & Evan, #1)
  • Any Given Lifetime
  • Broken Strings (Chords of Chaos, #1)
  • Christmas Riches
  • Mages & Mechanisms (Jak & Leander, #1)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • A Temporary Situation (Temporary #1)
  • Below the Belt (Baum's Boxing #1)
  • Vanilla Clouds
  • Running with Scissors
  • All That Drag  (The FuBar, #1)
  • Rebel (Ballsy Boys #1)
After living in Michigan, USA for seven wonderful years, Indra Vaughn returned back to her Belgian roots. There she will continue to consume herbal tea, do yoga wherever the mat fits, and devour books while single parenting a little boy and working as a nurse.

The stories of boys and their unrequited love will no doubt keep finding their way onto the page--and hopefully into readers hands--even if