Start by marking “Isla's Oath (Isla's Inheritance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Isla's Oath (Isla's Inheritance, #2)

Isla's Oath

(Isla's Inheritance #2)

Australia is a long way from the Old World and its fae denizens ... but not far enough.

Isla is determined to understand her heritage and control her new abilities, but concealing them from those close to her proves difficult. Convincing the local fae she isn’t a threat despite her mixed blood is harder still. When the dazzling Everest arrives with a retinue of servants, Is
Published January 20th 2015 by Turquoise Morning Press

To ask other readers questions about Isla's Oath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isla's Oath

Phrynne
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4000-books
This is the second book in the trilogy and it is as good as the first one. I still like Jack and Sarah best out of all the characters and they take centre stage in this story as Isla sets out to try and sort out her life. She develops a pretty amazing skill too which is incredibly powerful when used wisely!
Out of the whole fantasy genre, the Fae are the creatures which interest me the least so I was not really captured by all the description of their lives, homes and relationships. However the a
Brenda
4.5s

Isla Blackman, along with cousins Sarah and Ryan and her boyfriend Dominic were staying in a cabin at a caravan park on the south coast of New South Wales. It was the first time she had been anywhere without an adult in attendance (even though they were all technically adults now) and she was enjoying the relaxing days at the beach. The heat and humidity of the February summer was always oppressive in Australia, but she had more to concern her than the heat. Late at night, while the others
Sally906
Isla's adventures continue as she learns how to manage her fairy inheritance. Retaining her human kindness this puts her at odds with her fairy kin who are not nice creatures at all. I loved how she battled with revealing her secret to her boyfriend - and then decided if she wasn't ready to have sex with him, then she certainly shouldn't reveal her ancestry to him. This, of course, leads to a nice little back plot as she has her adventure.
Veronica ⭐️
Isla doesn’t know how to control her newfound ability and is having trouble concealing it from those close to her.
Whilst on holidays with her boyfriend, Dominic, and cousins, Sarah and Ryan, Isla secretly meets with the Hob, Jack, who takes her to the rock pools to meet Mako. Mako has agreed to teach Isla how to use her ability and manipulate emotions.

I quite enjoyed this Young Adult Urban Fantasy. It was a light read and the descriptive language made it easy to visualise the Fae world and its i
Kara
Thank you to Netgalley & Turquoise Morning Press for this eARC!

Isla’s Oath was a strong follow-up to Cassandra Page’s debut novel, Isla’s Inheritance. Again, though, I do have to say that my enjoyment of this novel was hindered by the fact that – for me, as a book reviewer and reader – the paranormal genre is currently a tough genre to conquer because a) there is so much of it already out there, and b) for me, the genre has lost some of its appeal. That aside though, when you strip back the
Kira
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it
The story begins with Isla learning how to control emotions with a Siren. Her adventures with the hob, Jack, lead to new friends in Welkin and others and she uncovers a new enemy. Isla's relationships with her loved ones become strained as she tries to discover who she really is. Can she control others emotions without changing them? Does she really want to?

There were some great new creatures introduced in the second book of the series. A lot of the characters from the first book were bit player
Dschaper54
Amazing

I know I say this about a lot of books but I have to say, I’ve seen very few YA authors that I don’t like. Their writing is for the young at heart and even us 65 year olds love a great book with exciting characters and a plot that makes me smile.
Stacy Sabala
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book Review-Isla’s Oath by Cassandra Page

Isla is back trying to learn how to use her new found ability. Jack has enlisted the help from a siren to assist her for a price. Isla is eager to learn but is stressed about the secrets she keeps, especially from Dominic. She is not sure she trusts him enough for this and is told she will know when the time is right.
In the meantime, another of her mother’s kind has sought her out. His name is Everett and he claims he is there to help her. Neither Jack no
Stacey
After reading Isla’s Inheritance, I was keen to get my hands on book 2 and Cassandra Page didn’t disappoint. Isla’s continued journey and struggles into the Fae world (not literally) was fun to follow. The addition of a few new characters - like Everest — freshened up the story. But I still enjoyed reading about the characters I already knew and loved, especially Sarah. She really came into her own in this book and is it just me or did she get funnier?

Once again I enjoyed the vivid Aussie setti
Nicole
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had high expectations for Isla's Oath after being immersed in the mystical world of fae in Isla's Inheritance. The sequel didn't let me down.

I love the way Isla immediately and instinctively develops a moral code to monitor the way she uses her new powers. She might've had a slight slip-up, but she did learn from her mistakes.

Love, love, love the developments in her romantic relationships.

It was cool to see Jack's home and the other characters living there and I'm glad her cousin, Sarah, was a
Taryn
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved it. More so than the first in the trilogy. Once again, not a genre that I have experience with but the writing style is really great. It suits my sense of humour to a tee. One small point I found irritating was the continual use of terminology - sidhe, aosidhe, etc. mainly because I don't know how they should be pronounced and they are in italics. Other than that, fantastic read and can't wait for Melpomene's Daughter to be released!
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
Lack of romance for a teen book. No mention of grandma's history on how she's aware of it all. Why introduce the mom when she doesn't appear in first or second book, is there a third book on the way? Good description of surroundings but this book is not a Buffy the Vampire Slayer with action and love. This book has some action and no chemistry love. More details at www.howusefulitis.wordpress.com
Alayne
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second volume in Isla's Inheritance, this was just as good as the first. Very easy to read, it races through the story which is filled with all sorts of fae creatures - piskies, unicorns, ogres and more. Great fun, and the fact that it's set in Canberra makes it even better, as I know all the places described. Wonderful.
Melissa
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This was a great sequel and the end leaves a great opening for the next installment. With new characters brought in, the story is well-developed and grows. The characters are like old friends and you are left wanting them to come back and visit soon!

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley.
Barbara
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: women
Bearing in mind that I'm not the target audience and this isn't quite the sort of thing I usually go for, Isla's Oath held up well. Recommended as a comfort read. I'll look forward to the next in the series.
Ashlee
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this sequel! Review to come in the January issue of The Australia Times Books Magazine
MichelleG
Sep 10, 2017
Linda Rogado
Feb 20, 2019
Piksie
rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2019
Kathleen Cobcroft
Oct 29, 2014
C.E.
Sep 25, 2015
Cassandra Page is a mother, author, editor and geek. She lives in Canberra, Australia’s bush capital, with her son and two Cairn Terriers. She has a serious coffee addiction and a tattoo of a cat—despite being allergic to cats. She has loved to read since primary school, when the library was her refuge, and loves many genres, all of them speculative fiction. When she’s not reading or writing, she ...more

Isla's Inheritance (3 books)
  • Isla's Inheritance (Isla's Inheritance, #1)
  • Melpomene's Daughter (Isla's Inheritance, #3)