Start by marking “Lowdown and Lush (Lush, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lowdown and Lush (Lush, #3)

Lowdown and Lush (Lush #3)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  524 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
Mike Owens is the devil. Sexy, snarky, and as lowdown as they come, he's one of the world's greatest guitarists and one of Portland's most notorious bad boys.

Jenny Turner is an angel. A preacher's daughter, she's a good girl with a great voice and a dream to hit it big in country music.

Published November 18th 2014 by C.P. Writes, LLC (first published November 11th 2014)

Geri Reads
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars!

As much as I've loved the other books in this series, this one just didn't work for me. I just didn't feel the chemistry between Jenny and Mike. Mike's past was horrific was that was no excuse for acting like a douche for most of the book. I wasn't impressed with Jenny either. The fact that (view spoiler)
Mary Mooney
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better. The boys of Lush are sex-on-a-stick and each is fighting their own demons. Mike Owens has a past that he can't outrun and he thinks he can't love or be loved because of what happened with his mother. While helping Jenny with her music career, he will try to keep his feeling for her to himself but others around him sees and knows him too well. Jenny has falling in love with her friend and wants more. Will she be left with a broken heart? Can she h ...more
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was Mike's and Jenny's story and what a story it was. Sometimes it was totally like roller coaster but still great one. Also it was nice to see Joss,Mel,Tammy and Walsh and how they are.
Can't wait for Colin's story.
Tiffany Willams
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing

"Michael Owens, guitarist for Lush walked into a tiny, run down, country bar and told me I could have anything I wanted and everything I'd ever dreamed...It's no small wonder I fell in love with the man you gave me that high."

Mike Owens. Do I really need to say more? Okay, you pulled my arm.... He's a tattooed, sailor-mouthed, muscular, bad-ass guitarist. Need more?...He's also generous, protective, broken, and head over heels in love with someone he thinks he isn't worthy of.

Jenny Turner. She's
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mike and Jenny have become BEST FRIENDS during Jenny's summer tour of Texas while she becomes the next up and rising Country Star ! But did something else develop over that time too ??

With Michael going to produce Jenny's first album it only seems ideal for them to both move and live in Dallas ... together ... And Jenny take a leave of absence from teaching but how will this stand with Jenny's preacher father ?? Will he approve of her taking a leave of absence from her teaching career, even if i
Bette Hansen
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the Lush series. I always felt there was more driving Mike but he desperately wants to keep his secrets, secret. This story is sexy, raw, and filled with angst. Mike has fallen in love with Jenny with everything he is. Unfortunately, he doesn't believe everything he is is enough for Jenny so he tries to keep his feelings hidden. Can the Lush family get through to him? Make him believe he is worthy of loving and being loved? You will want to read this one! I highly recom ...more
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a fan of Mike. He's a jerk. He possibly is a sex addict. Sex, It's his "go to" when things are difficult or if the wind shifts. There is a way more complex layer to the man but he's still not a favorite and that is not the author, it's me, my tastes or values.

Jenny is sure a surprise then with her super strict upbringing. She is right about something not being a choice even though your dad kicks you out. She doesn't mean disrespect but it's her path to make music.

So again, another grea
Linda Rimer-Como
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Another great addition to the Lush series from the talented Selena Laurence. Dealing with family tragedy is never easy and fear makes things worse. The storyline is well written and the character detail is fantastic. The story is full of determination, discovery, love and steamy sex. Mike and Jenny's journey is heart wrenching at times but life is not always easy. Loved the story, love the author and look forward to more in the future.

Received copy for review.
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing 5 PLUS stars for me! This series, these characters are just amazing and I want to crawl into my Kindle and live there with them!! I loved Michael and Jenny's story! Half of the book I wanted to slap some sense into Michael, but the way it wrapped up in the end made me so happy!! I just finished and am feeling all ~giddy~! :-)
Shannon Godwin
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! selena never disappoints! I read it in one day but got sick so my review is a little late but my opinion is the same...... love this series. if you haven't read it you need to.
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the midst of chaos, Mike Owens discovers an angel with a voice that will win Grammy awards and a pure and innocent heart that will threaten to bring this tatted bad boy to his knees. Mike is the most talented guitar player in the world, living life in the fast lane, bedding as many women as he can without concern for the future because he's running as fast as he can from his tortured past. His band mates have no idea that he's on the cusp of disaster until Jenny gets caught in the crossfire w ...more
Nov 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The characters were completely unredeemable. Mike was in love with Jenny Lynn but, he was off nailing anything in a skirt and Jenny Lynn, the good little preacher's daughter, broke off their relationship (despite the epic road they journeyed to get together) because he didn't want kids. Less than a month after breaking up, she's having sex another guy. WTH??? And what selfish twit uses another guy to see if she is better off living an "uncomplicated life". Yuck!
Coralee Corrigan
Loved it
Jeanette montgomery
I love this series!!!

I loved this book from start to finish.

I love the characters and the story.
The Brunette Bookworm
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on

Selena Laurence is one of my absolute favorite authors. She writes totally captivating, gritty, and emotional books that I ADORE. Her Lush series revolving around the members of a band named, you guessed it, Lush, is one of my all-time favorite series.

Lowdown and Lush is Mike’s story, the bad-boy guitarist of Lush. I’ll be honest; I pretty much despised Mike leading up to this book. He’s mean, nasty and a real bastard. He’s wild and drinks and slee
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lowdown and Lush was amazing!!!!! I always think every male character I encounter in Selena’s books are my favorite…first Joss, then Walsh…that is until I got to know Mike. Hands down (probably until her next book)…Mike is my new love.

I am not going to waste time with writing a lengthy synopsis because I want readers to discover Mike for themselves. All you need to know is this is Mike and Jenny’s story, and it’s a heartbreakingly, beautiful one.

Now, on to the many reasons you have to read this
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed
Selena Laurence keeps surprising me with the depth of her characters and her writing. LOWDOWN AND LUSH, the third book in her Lush series is no exception. I can't recommend this book, or this series, enough. It is just that good. These four band members of Lush have stolen my heart and made me a forever fan of Selena's brilliant writing.

Lowdown and Lush is Mike Owens' story and just like the other Lush band members Selena has given this bad boy an incredible back story. Mike is the lead guitari
Book-Bosomed  blog
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
As the book opens, we find Lush guitarist Mike Owens in a funk, much like Joss was in book one, A Lush Betrayal. He’s full of self-loathing and going through the rocker lifestyle motions but not really happy. Joss, in contrast, is much lighter these days. Having found happiness with Mel, he becomes a bit of a leader again, though not of the band, which is still broken up.

Mike is tormenting himself, denying himself of the one woman who has touched his heart and looks past his rough exterior. Jen
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

I love this series! Each of the books has been heartfelt, sexy and so well written. It's impossible not to fall for the Lush guys.

Mike is, well was, the lead guitarist for Lush. After the band broke up, he headed down to Texas, to support Walsh. In a small bar, he met a girl with a powerful voice and the face of an angel. Jenny is a small-town preacher's daughter, but she dreams of more than just being a teacher and living a simple life. Mike knows she can be the next big thing in coun
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't find this book to be as good as the second in the series, and it took me way longer to get through it because I just got a little bored. That being said, it was still a pretty good book, overall.

I loved getting to see a new side of Mike. For the past two books, I haven't liked him because all we've seen is what a huge douche he can be. He was there helping Walsh, which was nice, but he wasn't at all nice to Tammy and I was really rooting for her and Walsh so that just made me dislike hi
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy Mike Owens!

Selena Laurence never disappoints.

I’ve been waiting for Mike’s book since the explosion happened in the hospital room where everything came out for all to know. I could not wait to see what was going on in his head and why he was so angry.

First I have to say that I think this is my favorite Lush Series cover yet. It is gorgeous!

In Lowdown and Lush Mike and Jenny are in Dallas working on her album that Mike is producing for her.

The two of them have chemistry that is beyond crazy,
The BookChick
Mike's story. Fans of this series have been eagerly waiting for it and Laurence did not disappoint. Mike was definitely the bad boy in rush. He used women, made no apologies for it, and had no intention of stopping. Well, that was until he met Jenny. Pure (emphasis on the pure) and sweet Jenny. Mike wanted her something fierce but he was determined not to taint her with his personal demons. But Jenny wasn't having it. She loved Mike since she first met him. But her frustration with him grew the ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

I loved this book. I absolutely love this series and I am beginning to think that Mike is my favorite Lush member by far. This book was full of drama, angst, steam, and tortured alpha males that make your heart bleed. Told in dual POV, this book will take you on a sexy and emotional roller coaster ride that will make you laugh, smile, cry, get mad, and totally swoon!

This is Mike and Jenny's story. Mike is in love with Jenny. He has been since he first saw her but he thinks he is too dama
Emma Harris
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-arc
5 Sexy Stars!!

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Low Down & Lush in return for an honest review.

When these two opposites meet, the attraction is undeniable, but something's stopping the bad boy f
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!! I think this is my favorite book in this series thus far!

Mike is the hot guitarist from the former band, Lush. He lives for music and women, lots of women. After the break-up of the band, Mike was lost on what to do next until he happened upon Jenny with her angelic face and voice, singing in a small-town bar in Texas. Now, he has spent the summer doing some local gigs with Jenny singing and him as her guitarist and they have grown very close as friends. Mike is in love with
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5
How I have waited for this book! I tend to lust after the jerks and Mike Owens can definitely be a jerk. But he’s a rock star AND a jerk so I knew I was going to be putty in his hands when I finally got a hold of his book. I also knew he had some darkness in his past, but that didn’t scare me. The first two books in the Lush series were fantastic reads for me. I even predicted that Mike’s story would blow me away in my review of For the Love of a Lush- but I wasn’t expecting THAT. Sele
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
You're mine, I'm yours, and we have a whole damn life together. I want my ring on your finger, my dick in your pussy, and my baby in your belly. I'm done fucking around Sunshine. It's time. - Mike

I have absolutely no doubt that will go down as one of my absolute favorite quotes of all time. I love it!

Lowdown and Lush is the third installment in the rocker romance Lush series. It's Mike's story, Lush's crude, bad boy guitarist who finds himself in love with Jenny, a very good girl who's lived a s
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I have loved the Lush boys from the beginning so it’s no surprise that I jumped on the chance to read the latest story. I’ve been anxiously waiting to get the scoop on the resident bad boy player, Mike Owens and that sweet country girl Jenny Turner. I was sucked into their story right away and could put the book down. I actually ran the battery down on my e-reader because I didn’t want to interrupt my reading to put it on the charger.
Mike and Jenny have a connection from their first encounter bu
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Lush Story you've been waiting for.

Mike Owens the bad boy of the former band Lush is known for his bad attitude, bad ways and "I don't care" way of life. He was the cause of the demise of Lush. What he doesn't let anyone know is that he has a dark family secret that makes him think he'll just cause his family, former bandmates and anyone who gets close to him trouble.

When he hears Jenny Turner sing one night he falls for her voice and beauty. She's a Preacher's daughter and he knows he can'
Heather M. Orgeron
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Selena Laurence has done it again... made me lose my heart to another "Lush" boy. Making me love Mike Owens was by FAR her greatest feat. Joss *swoon* and Walsh were easy to love. Mike... well... not. so. much.

Lowdown and Lush is the story of Mike Owens, the former band's notorious bad boy and Jenny, the preachers daughter with the voice of an angel. Mike discovers her talent and is so sure that she will make it, that he creates his own label to represent her. They become best friends and Mike i
  • Reckless Redemption (Bad Blooded Rebel, #2)
  • Best of Everything (Less Than Nothing, #3)
  • A Blue Tale
  • Anything But Mine (When You're Gone, #1)
  • Falling Sky (Blue Phoenix, #2)
  • One Gold Heart (Dominant Cord, #1)
  • Who I'm Becoming (FireNine, #4)
  • Forgiving Gia (Rocker, #2)
  • Rock Bottom (The Vegas Aces #3)
  • Isabel's Awakening
  • The Legend of Arturo King (Legendary Rock Star, #1)
  • Changing Tides (Kill Devil Hills, #2)
  • Manhandled (Hammered, #2)
  • Savage Rhythm (Club Volare, #6)
  • Inside Game (New York Kings, #4)
  • Faded Perfection (Beautifully Flawed, #2)
  • One Hit Wonder (Rock Stars in Love, #2)
  • Beautifully Damaged (Damaged, #1)
Selena Laurence is a USA Today Bestselling author who loves Putting the Heat in Happily Ever After. In 2014 she was awarded the Reader’s Crown Award for Contemporary Romance of the Year. In 2015 her rock star romance A Lush Betrayal was a finalist in three national contests.

Selena lives in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains with her kids, Mr. L, “Goldendoodle” and “Demon Cat.” When she’s not wri
More about Selena Laurence...

Lush (4 books)
  • A Lush Betrayal (Lush, #1)
  • Loving a Lush (Lush #2)
  • A Lush Reunion (Lush, #4)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dance with Me (Rice, Luanne)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)