Start by marking “The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)” as Want to Read:
The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)

The Crawling Darkness

(Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)

Ghost removal specialist Ellie Jordan must face a dangerous, shape-shifting entity that she and Calvin have encountered once before, with tragic results. The spirit has the power to reach into the minds of living and feed on their fears, taking the shape of their worst nightmares, and it has awoken in search of new victims.

Now Ellie must try to succeed where she and her m
Published February 5th 2015 (first published January 3rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Crawling Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crawling Darkness

Berit☀️✨
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 spooky stars from me and my 14-year-old son the reluctant reader...

This is the third book in the series that my 14-year-old son the reluctant reader and I have read/listen to.... according to him this book had quite a few similarities with the book/movieIT... The ghost in this book lingered in the closet and manifested it’s self in the form of your worst fear.... this led to a discussion with my son about what his biggest fear would be in ghost form, quite the interesting conversation...

Ell
Montzalee Wittmann
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Crawling Darkness
Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Series #3
By: J. L. Bryan
Narrated by: Carla Mercer-Meyer
This book gets really gets creepy! I thought the others were bad, this takes scary a step further! I like a good ghost story that has a touch of humor, great characters, characters searching the history of the case, clues, a good scare, and of course some interesting ghosts! This series has all of this!
This series also has a great narrator! Great job!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I already really liked this series when I started Crawling Darkness but this new installment ramped everything up. It was scarier, creepier, more dangerous, and honestly, just down right fun. I completely adore this series now and I can't wait to read more.

Once again Ellie is stuck in a bad situation, where the ghosts keep getting nastier except this time, this ghost is about as nasty as they come and one she has encountered before and that encounter, wasn't pretty.

We meet some new faces and ge
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5

These books are getting better and better. Considering the title of the series I don't need to tell you what's this one about. Ellie and her assistant have a new case. What makes it different is the entity they are trying to remove.

The first thing she realises is that the haunted house is right next to the one she and her boss Calvin tried to clear and failed leaving Calvin in a wheelchair. So, this case comes with a lot of baggage in more ways than one. They will have to dig through the pas
Tammie

Now Ellie must try to succeed where she and her mentor failed before, and try to defeat the twisted and powerful old ghost before it can claim another soul for its collection
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2016
Stacy and Ellie are back, but this time they are square off against a ghost that Ellie and Calvin have faced and failed to capture in the past. The ghost is dangerous, it feeds off people's biggest fears and it seems to pry on the weakest the most, like children. Worse is the fact that it disappeared on the night that Calvin and Ellie had tried to capture him, hurt Calvin and is now years later moved into a new home.

Ellie must find a way to stop the ghost and get rid of it for good. It won't be
Heidi
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Four Stars: A scary, addictive series with plenty of things that go bump in the night.

Ellie and Stacey scrutinize the large house with gingerbread lattice in front of them. There is something sinister about this house even from the sidewalk. Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, is on another call. This time she finds an old mansion that seems to be haunted by the boogeyman. The children in the house are seeing monsters in their closets. Ellie and Stacey with the help of Jacob, the psychic, soon learn t
Kelly
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Before I start this review, there are a few things I need to get off my chest. (a) I'm kinda in love with ghost stories. Especially well written ones with plenty of backstory. (b) J.L. Bryan's books tend to hit the spot with me. They're twisty and just the right amount of gruesome. His brain. I like it.

Frankly, this book just worked for me.

Once again, Ellie and Stacey are facing off against something dark and malevolent. With what happened to Ellie and Calvin the first time they butted heads wit
Laysa
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fav-female-leads
Just wow.

This book. So many feelings!

Ellie and the gang are trying to trap a very sneaky, powerful and old entity. They have a lot of work to do to ensure it's not going to harm their new clients.

I love Ellie more than ever in this book. She's really opening up to Stacey so their friendship is lighter and feels more natural. Jordan is a sweetheart and I really like the fact that he showed up a bit earlier in this one. He's the perfect match for Stacey.

Michael and Melissa were a pleasant surprise
Laura Thomas
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, paranormal
I’m not sure why I didn’t notice it before, but checking out the titles to the books in this series, I noticed how cleverly they revealed hints about what’s waiting in the haunted pages inside.

There’s something nasty haunting the apartment house. One that Ellie and her boss, Calvin, have come up against before, and lost.

I’ve always been curious about how Calvin ended up in a wheelchair. I knew it had something to do with trapping ghosts and being attacked. The house they are investigating abuts
Sandra Lopez
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another haunting tale that could have something to do with one of Ellie Jordan’s unfinished cases. In fact, the house is right next door to it! Ellie fears that monster that she was looking for back then has returned.

What’s scarier than monsters in the closet? A shadowy entity that takes the shape of your worst fears. It’s almost a spidery figure—the Crawling Darkness. Ewe! Yuck! And freaky!

It’s a search for the Boogeyman in this chilling tale. It’s a spirit that feeds on your fears, especially
Ashley Ehlers
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Was originally posted on Paranormal Sisters- http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

*Thank you to J.L Bryan for the chance to review this. This in no way effected my opinion on it.*

First off- Oh my gosh, finally! I'm so happy, this is exactly what I've been waiting for! Ellie has grown so much from the first one and I'm so happy to see her starting to let her guard down! I'm so excited to see where things go in the next one, especially with Michael! ;)

I absolutely love how the beginning scene s
Shirley
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received The Crawling Darkness in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I’ve said it before, but honestly, this series gets better with each installment. The characters are developing as more of their past is revealed. The cases are becoming just a little bit more involved as well as intense. Then there’s the titles… The Crawling Darkness? You have no idea how aptly titled this book really is. o_O

As if scaring the pants off of readers isn’t bad enough, J.L. Bryan decided to take us on an emo
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Bryan did a fabulous job once again, weaving together a tale so sinister you may want to think twice before reading it at night. I made this mistake with each of the books. Just pages into each one and you are royally creeped out.

This one was my favorite of the three. More creepier and darker than the previous two, in my opinion, it captured my attention from the start. I think it was so scary because it plays on nearly every child’s fear from childhood: the boogeyman. I know I was on edge thro
Abbie
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from the author, In exchange for an honest review.)

This was another good read in the series.

I liked the characters in this one again, and they continued to be strong. They're defiantly braver than me! I felt really sorry for Stacey at one point, as the thing she went through when she was younger must have been terrifying.

There was plenty of creepy moments in this one, and i didn't feel bored at all while reading this, which was great.

Looking forward to book four!
Emily Crow
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This is a fun series, although I thought the first two installments were a bit scarier. Still, there were a couple of interesting surprises towards the end, and if an author just has to cram in some romance (I'd be just as happy without), you can't go wrong with a cute fireman.
Krista
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, thriller, horror
I read the first three books as part of an Amazon freebie deal. As with most Amazon freebies, I opened my Kindle expecting the reading to be awful. But something happened: It wasn't. In fact, as I finished the last of the three books in the bundle, I then went on to buy the remaining books in the series--that's how sold I was on the books.

Why? The Ellie Jordan books aren't literary fiction. What they are, however, is a combo of fun and spooky. There is a horror element, but this isn't "Saw" in b
Teresa
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Crawling Darkness is book 2 in the Ellie Jordan Ghost Trapper Series. I enjoyed this book just as much as I did book one and cannot wait to start on book 3.

Ellie Jordan is a Ghost trapper. She is not a Ghost hunter, her life's goal is to catch and rid the world of the bad ghosts. In this book Ellie and her partner Stacey Rae are called into a mansion that has been turned into an apartment building to help a mother Alisha and her Children. Her young daughter is being terrified at night but a
Christy LoveOfBooks
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016, e-book

I could totally see this series as a television show! We’re taken on another creeptastic journey in The Crawling Darkness, and I enjoyed every moment. There are plenty of thrills and chills to be had.

A super dark and nasty entity is harassing a family … or two, and Ellie is called in to investigate. This thing manifests into your biggest fear and is looking for more than just a little scare. It’s an interesting mystery that connects the past and present in a disturbing way.

Ellie continues to be
Lorraine
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Crawling Darkness was an AWESOME READ!

The Crawling Darkness was crammed full of ghostly things. An old Savannah house, in an apartment. which a woman lives with her daughter and son, has been having some serious ghostly events!
She calls on Ellie and her crew to get rid of all the things that are terrifying her and her kids.
In this book, we meet Michael, the firefighter. Will Michael be the "one" man for Ellie? Can they all survive getting rid of the creepy crawling things around the apartm
Rhonda Jones
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
True Horror of a Ghostly Nature

Love This Series. Some of the ghosts are pure evil. And the ghost hunters do real research to find out about their targets' histories so a plan of eradication can be made. Those plans are not always successful, but they do not give up. Stacy, the youngest member of the team is funny and irreverent. She frequently makes inappropriate comments, but she has a heart of gold. The rest of the team is serious, as they know how dangerous the situation can get. But what dra
Pat
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ghost, ebooks
Started well, but began to lose my interest halfway through; the climax seemed a little by-the-numbers. Bryan does the scary part well, but I'd rather he left the romance alone: the characters are a bit cardboard and difficult to care about. Stacey just got on my nerves; she seemed to have no interest beyond hormones. (And there are four apartments in the house and multiple washers and dryers? Wow--that's luxury. The house converted into apartments that I lived in had seven apartments and one wa ...more
Maxine
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the third book in this series. I found the first two a little formulaic in their structure, and unfortunately this is similar.

The story is very good if read as a stand alone novel, however when regarded as part of the series it falls down , as it is too similar in it's flow and design to the other two. The characters have not developed very much from the first novel and I don't think I'll be reading any more.

The twist at the end of the novel is also in a similar vein to the other two bo
d.mcnicholas
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read with all lights on!

I'm really enjoying the Ghost Trapper series. So far all the books have been eerily entertaining. I also find the characters believable and I can sympathise with their personal stories which led them to want to trap the not so dearly departed. I will certainly be continuing to read J.L Bryan's books as long as he continues to write them...fingers and toes crossed :)
Cheri Schaefer
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A 5 star ++++ addition to this series!!!

Each book in this series is brilliantly written
and extremely entertaining. This is my mind
of ghost story. Full of action, some humour
and lots of twists and turns. Boy, I didn't see
this ending coming!!! Truly a great twist to
the story line. I hope we see more of Michael
in the up coming books!!! This series is definitely
going into my book of favorite authors and
series'!!!!
BingeReader
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I loved the first two books but really struggled with this one. There seemed to be too much repetition of things that were covered in the first two books regarding ghost hunting. The story that Stacey shared just seemed too contrived and timely like it was an after thought to the character and made up for book three. I wasn't into the romance bit either. I skimmed through the middle and read the end and didn't feel like I missed much in this book. Sorry, just not very good read for me.
Lois Welsh
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was AWESOME.

I thought the first two books were really really good and this one for me knocked it out of the park.

I did not know that a book series could get better with every book. I just discovered that there are 9 of these books (if I figured it out right). I can hardly wait to read them all.

The ending in this book really surprised and shocked me.

Jane Leslie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Better and better

This is the third installment of the Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper series and it just keeps getting better and better! The characters are evolving (though I'm finding Stacey to be a bit annoying) and the plot keeps thickening. I've just purchased every book in the series and plan on an Ellie Jordan marathon!
Janis
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A ghost that can be a darkest fear - the boogeyman! He's alive and loose in Savannah and coming after Ellie and her team. Ellie on the other hand has found the perfect cure for her fears - a hard bodied fireman! He keeps her safe and bandages her wounds and he believes in ghosts! Another great read!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Haunting in Crown Point (Spookshow 6)
  • Sand Trap (Haunted #3)
  • The Wyckham House
  • Raven's Rise (World on Fire #3)
  • Parrish (Parrish Chronicles, #1)
  • Haunted (A Bridgeton Park Cemetery Book)
  • Bumpy Roads (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #11)
  • Bayou Myth
  • Night of the Living Dante (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #4.5)
  • The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3)
  • The Scare
  • Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows (The Nightmare Series, #2)
  • Remnants of the Damned (Abyssal Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Belly of the Beast (The Graveyard: Classified Paranormal Series Book 3)
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • Terminal  (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #4)
  • House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)
  • Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6)
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
  • The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)
  • Fire Devil (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #11)
“That's what any parent would think. Closet Monster Syndrome, my mother called it. She would prescribe 200 cc's of hot chocolate, followed by bed rest." Alicia smiled. "She was a nurse, too." "Is” 0 likes