Jump to ratings and reviews

Unyielding #3

Perfect Rage

This is Connor's story.

Unstable.
Unpredictable.
Consumed by perfect rage.
I was fighting who I’d become and what I’d done.

There was nothing I cared about except her.
She was mine.
But I’d forgotten her—my shutterbug.
And I lost her.

Until now.

I’d do anything to possess her again.
Anything to keep her safe.
Protect her against my biggest opponent.

The monster.

Loading interface...

About the author

Nashoda Rose

24 books4,116 followers
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Nashoda Rose lives outside of Toronto, where she enjoys hiking with her dogs and spending time with her Gyspy Vanner horse. Nash has a passion for fierce, over-protective men, damaged characters, and unbridled love stories. Her work is published in multiple languages across the world.

New Release: Irish Crown

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
50 (1%)
1 star
24 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 348 reviews
Profile Image for Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾.
1,987 reviews11.7k followers
July 8, 2016
5 STARS

Demons. Shadows. I fought them all until I couldn't anymore.

Even before Perfect Chaos, but especially after, I've been anticipating Connor's book. The damaged, tortured man that finally made an appearance in Perfect Ruin is barely recognizable from the memory that everyone has of him. Seven years of living in capture and daily torture will break any man, but The Vault also stole his memories. Now he's out, his tormentor dead at his hands, and his memories a fragmented puzzle of painful reminders of what will never be whole.
I was treading water and with each ragged breath, I sank further and further into the darkness and dispair.

This is not a book you can read out of order. You need to read the entire Unyielding series in order to understand the complexity of the story and especially the events that led to finding Connor. While the author does a fantastic job with a recap, you'd still lose a lot of info not having read the first two books.

After the scene at the end of Perfect Ruin, I've been practically salivating for this book. I had no idea what the tie between Catalina "Alina" Diaz and Connor was, but this book finally gave me that. Oh boy did it give me that. I think I must have been reading with a lump in my throat the entire time. Connor and Alina's story is devastating and heart-wrenching.
I wanted uncontrolled and raw- unrestrained and powerful. That was what we were. A desire that conquered.

I haven't read a Nashoda Rose heroine I haven't loved yet, and Alina was certainly no exception. I loved her quiet strength. But most of all I loved her loyalty and adoration for Connor. The way she loved him is so pure and the sacrifices she made for him broke my heart.
Our teeth hit as he claimed my lips with a sweet desperation. And I surrendered. There was no other way. We'd never had a choice in us.

Their love was the rose within a perfect storm. It was devastatingly beautiful. All the odds are stacked against them, Connor may never be the man he once was. He's damaged, broken, a mass of rage and violence. But Alina is his reason and the one thing he can't escape or stay away from.

God. GOD! This book broke my heart into a million jagged pieces. Connor may have been one of my favorite tortured heroes I've read in a long while. I just wanted to reach through my kindle and hug him. This is a man that's beyond broken; haunted by the demons of his past that he had no control over. A man that's struggling to reach the surface but keeps drowning in memories. A man that's so in love with a woman yet knows that he can never have her.
I'm dead," I shouted as my control broke and the rage pumped through my veins. "I'm fuckin' dead, damn it. There's nothing left of me except raw, jagged pieces of a man I hate."

Many years ago I read one of my favorite books, Wild Card, and since then I've always looked for something similar, but never able to find it...until this book.

Perfect Rage was everything. It was darkness and light. It was violence and pain. It was loss and forgiveness. But beyond everything it was an epic romance. I loved it beyond words!

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog

****************
BEFORE READING
May 25, 2017
5 Finding Our Way Back To One Another Stars

photo 9820387_zps6d3lbz4s.gif

Mild Spoilers

"I'm lost, baby. I'm so fuckin' lost and you're the only one to keep me from disintegrating."-Connor

OMG OMG OMFG!!!!! Connor I loved you. OMG this book. My feels........ Deep breath. Okay I have been dying for Connor's book ever since I put down Perfect Ruin last year. I just knew Connor's story would be an epic tearjerker, and it was. I bawled like a baby. Nashoda Rose really outdid herself with this book. And that is saying a lot because I have loved every book of hers that I have gotten my hands on. Perfect Rage took all my expectations and blew em out the water.

photo 23454928_zpsphbnrvvt.jpg

Connor was heartbreakingly beautiful. Talk about your damaged hero. Damn but my heart bled for him. Everything about him spoke to me. He just did it for me. He was protective, brave, a fighter that never gave up no matter how bad his demons were chasing him. He loved Alina and he wasn't afraid to show it. As I read this book there was no doubt in my mind that she was his world. That is a powerful kind of love. Alina was amazing too. I loved how sweet she was. How no matter how bad things were, or how many times she got her heart broke, she fought for her and Connor's love. She fought for Connor period. She wasn't physically kickass, but had a strength of character that shined through the pages, and was very brave. They both really were stand out characters that I won't forget .

"Love you so damn much, Alina." My heart nearly burst through my chest. "I don't want to hurt you. Tell me I won't hurt you." "You won't hurt me, Connor. I trust you."-Connor and Alina

photo 146925177522522_zpsm5lzmrbu.gif

I loved Connor and Alina's relationship. Their love was intense, deeply passionate, and all consuming. I felt connected to them as a couple. I loved them both so much. I was rooting for them the whole book. I loved the playful way they were with each other. Loved getting to see that playful side show through when they started to heal together again. But most of all I loved the way they felt real to me. I loved that they had this epic love story that reached through the book and touched my heart, made me cry, broke my heart, pieced it back together and gave me the warm fuzzies.

"Fuck, Alina. I need every single part of you." "Connor, you have me."-Connor and Alina

photo 17600727_zpsqqfw9byt.gif

I loved Connor so much. I haven't read a hero that made me fall this deeply in love in a long while. I really enjoyed getting to catch up with Kai and London, Deck and Georgie. I was really fascinated with Vic and loved getting to know him. The reunion between Connor and Deck tore at my heart. I felt like I should look down and see if my heart was bleeding all over the floor. This book took me on an emotional journey with the sweetest ending. I loved every minute of the ride and it was so worth the wait. I can't wait to get my hands on Vic's book. Vic's so serious and hard, never smiling I can't wait to meet the woman that knocks him on his ass! Loved, Loved, Loved this book.

photo pizap.com14581736027301_zpsruwilvlp.jpg

Profile Image for SueBee★bring me an alpha!★.
2,417 reviews13.8k followers

Shh… ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |
Blurb:
Kai
There is nothing I care about.
No attachments.
No connections.
Outwardly, I’m a perfect gentleman.
Until my target sees my knife.
I fear nothing, not even death.
In my world, death is considered a privilege.
But my life comes with unbreakable cruel strings and
when I met her, I should’ve walked away.
I didn’t.
I was too selfish.
And that sealed her fate.
Because one week with me led her into the hands of ruin.

London
We all have unique layers that make up who we are.
What makes us vulnerable or strong.
What we fear and what excites us.
But peel back those layers and you’re left naked and exposed.
They did that to me.
Each piece was slowly stripped away then burned.
I merely existed.
But there was one layer they overlooked.
The most important of them all—the tie to one man.
The man responsible for me being this way.
The man who found me.
And the killer who would do anything to protect me.

Books in Unyielding series should be read in order:
Book 1: Parefct Chaos
Book 2: Perfect Ruin
Book 3: Perfect Rage

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members.
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author sign-up: https://goo.gl/uUUetK
Profile Image for Lo Bookfrantic.
760 reviews563 followers
August 10, 2017
5★★★★★LIMITLESS LOVE Stars

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Suspense
Type: Series book 3 of 3 of The Unyielding series
POV: First Person – Dual

"We were too damaged to be together. Too broken to find our way back to what we used to be."

description

Connor O'Neill up until last book we had no idea what had happened to him. When everyone thought he was dead he was living in hell. Connor meets a beautiful girl when he was nineteen years old and falls for her and is willing to give his life for her and be her protector. Alina falls in love with him as well and even though they've only known each other for such a short time while she was doing a job as a photographer for a Miami Messenger Magazine; she knew that telling him there was a bad man hunting her was not a choice. He would try to protect her and already losing her father to this evil man was enough. She was threatened and she had no other choice but to leave Connor.

description

Breaking his heart was the only way to save him. At least that's what she thought. Carlos Moreno finds out Alina had a man she loved; he knew she will never truly love him but he was a selfish bastard that he made her paid by capturing Connor. Two years after Alina left Connor he was forced to find out what truly happened to her but couldn't do anything about it; instead he was trapped and tortured. He was chained and incapable of helping her while hating himself for not being there for her and for resenting her for something she was not at fault.

Connor was giving a medicine to block his memories and make him a robot to work for the bad people. Only after seven years of captured and only then was he introduced to Alina as a test of the drug to make sure he truly forgotten everyone. Her worse nightmare comes down in front of her; because the one thing she wanted to protect and hide from Carlos was Connor. Carlos had already taken all her family from her and there was no hope for her. Connor becomes a machine only taking orders from the bad traffic lords and didn't recognize her and ahhh it was so painful.

I love Connor; this book was told from both pov's it goes back and forth to the present where Alina is saved and to the past to the ugly years of suffering. Connor is now safe from the bad people and so is Alina; however he is not save from himself and his nightmares. He can't forgive himself for hurting the people he loved even though it wasn't his fault. The struggle for his sanity is real but the only person keeping him sane was Alina. He didn't want to lose her again; he becomes possessive and overprotective and I freaking love him for it.

description

However; he didn't want to see his best friend Deck or his sister Georgie which hurt my heart so deeply. They loved him so much and it was so painful to see this.

This book was so emotional, sexy, and intense and it was truly sad for me to know this is the end of these amazing characters I felt so in love with. I absolutely loved everything about this book and how the author made me love them hard; learning that healing isn't easy but love does conquer everything when you fight for it. When Georgie finally saw Connor and spoke to him it broke me but I loved it because he heard her words and wow what he did was amazing. The ending was just incredible having all of my boys and their girls together just warmed my heart and I just know I will never forget their journey. I truly highly recommend this series to everyone, you will fall in love with the boys of the unyielding series there's no doubt about it.

Purchase Links -> | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |

Book Order Series:
Perfect Chaos (Unyielding, #1) by Nashoda RosePerfect Ruin (Unyielding, #2) by Nashoda RosePerfect Rage (Unyielding, #3) by Nashoda Rose

description
Profile Image for Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth.
792 reviews858 followers
August 9, 2016
5 Limitless Stars

Prettier Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

While reading this I had one face in my mind that would go perfectly with the hero of this book:

Connor before he was taken:

I can't stop staring. He's beauty.
Plus, Scott Eastwood has the perfect scowl.

Connor after:

Right. I digress.

Alina left her Colombian home to run from the grasp of an evil drug lord. She sees the world through the lens of her camera so she is hired to go to Afghanistan and report about an orphanage. A wayward soccerball introduces her to one of the soldiers who is supposed to take her there.

Connor is almost done with his deployment and soon he will join a special force. Before leaving he has to take some journalists to the orphanage close to their camp. When he meets Alina he is instantly smitten. Their whirlwind romance is cut short when Alina's past catches up with her and she leaves without a trace and only a note.

Years later Connor wakes up in a cell. He is being tortured and drugged. The drug deletes his memory extinguishing the loyal, upstanding good man that Connor used to be. In his stead is a killer, cold without emotions and with nothing to lose. Until he is captured by the special force unit he used to work for. His former comrades wean him off the drug but he is volatile and full of rage. A raging storm that can only be calmed by Alina, who he saved from her abusive husband. The druglord who erased his memory.

"Don't give up on me, Alina."

After what this hero went through you can completely understand that he is broken, and sometimes he seems beyond repair. You wonder how somebody can come back from that. The Connor from the beginning is quick to smile, playful, loyal, fearless and proud. He makes Alina feel safe and gives her sweet. With the return of his memories comes pure torture - the man he used to be can't live with the things he did while he was under the influence of the drug. He is trapped in a prison he builds around his mind to not lose it completely, setting himself up for the danger of losing the one person he loves above all. His initial reaction when cornered is to rage and then run.

Emotions were like a tornado whirling with no clear destinaton or end, but precise in its destruction.

But there is also courage and persistence which eventually and together with Alina's love takes him on the path to healing. The love he feels for Alina before his capture is also different, lighthearted and sweet, while the one after is darker, desperate. It was physically painful to watch him struggle with the agony because he was incapable of controlling his rage. Some may find it creepy but I loved how protective he was of Alina. He put Alina above everything and everyone else. She was the dominant thought.

"I'll look after you. Couldn't look after you for eleven years. Now I can."

Interestingly Alina was a little bit bland for me right at the start, I thought she would be a doormat. After the first two books in the series I shouldn't have doubted Nashoda Rose to give me a strong heroine. Alina started to shine during the course of the story. She is sweet and confident in herself, her backbone comes out unexpectedly.

"Fuck you, Connor. You want to see me, then get un-lost"

Her love for Connor is pure, innocent and unconditional and she puts up one hell of a fight against Connor's demons. There is no situation in which she even thinks about walking away, she is there whenever Connor feels the need to leave. I loved that about her.

Together they make a steamy mixture, their sexual encounters are never free from sorrow, there is always an edge to it. In the lighter moments there is some sweet and funny banter. There is a pig called Bacon and I got a kick out of that name, and a goat called Rocket and that one makes for some hilarious moments. The epilogue is epic, it was completely satisfying and left me wishing for more about this group of friends.

The last installment of the Unyielding series kicks you right into places where it hurts most. I had a lump in my throat, a knot in my gut and was bawling my eyes out in quick succession only to start again with the lump in my throat. Nashoda Rose knows how to grab my heart and squeeze out emotions like an orange. I hope this isn't the last we hear from Vault's Unyielding Riot.

"Living is one big spin of the wheel, baby. Might as well enjoy the ride until it stops.

Profile Image for ✰ Liz ✰ .
1,342 reviews1,246 followers
August 20, 2016
"My girl. Alina was fuckin' mine."
~4.5 Stars~

description
"The only thing I felt was rage."
Perfect Rage is the third book in the Unyielding Series. Nashoda Rose delivers another broken, beautiful story that will leave you breathless and wanting more! Each book in the series is critical to the story arc of the characters, so I highly recommend you read the series in order.

description
"I was a ticking time bomb with no timer."
Connor was introduced at the beginning of the series as the lost brother to Georgie. He has since been recovered and has displayed erratic behavior due to his years of captivity and torture in The Vault. The only person that seems to calm his rage is Catalina. Lina has also suffered at the hands of her tyrant of a husband, Carlos. Although she has been rescued, she isn't free. Connor has her heart, and until they can be together, neither will ever be completely free.
"I'll give you any-fuckin'-thing you want, Alina."
Connor and Lina fell in love while Connor was serving his country overseas. As the kindhearted photographer, Lina was tenderly named his "shutterbug". Before they had the chance to elope and live happily ever after, Lina was forced to walk away from Connor. Her departure and Connor's abduction created a rift in both of their souls that would cause unbearable pain for them both.
"There was no hesitation in Connor; he had sex like he lived...without rules."
description
"Our eyes locked and I dissapered into him. Into his eyes. Into his body."
As Connor and Lina are brought together again, the battle for their love wages. Connor wants nothing more than to wrap his arms around her and hold her and yet in the same breath, he seems to destroy everything he touches. His friends and family want nothing more than healing for Connor, and although Lina seems to be the answer, it is unknown if Connor will ever truly overcome the debilitating pain he has been forced to endure. Is love enough to quiet the demons waiting to tear him down?
"Fuck, Alina. I need every single part of you."
description
Told in dual POV, Perfect Rage has all of the elements that I love in a Nashoda Rose read. The sexy characters, the easy chemistry in the relationships between the characters, and the intensity of the plot. The pre-existing relationship between Lina and Connor established the love they had shared so clearly, and it only made the pain and loss they experienced together even more painful to witness. There was quite a bit of advance retreat between the two as Connor battles his illness and his love for Lina. Therefore, the stakes were even higher for these two to finally come together and for Connor to find his way home. I loved the depth in the character development of Connor. It was quite a remarkable reading experience bearing witness to the pain and torment he was feeling. Lina was the calm to his storm. Of course, the passion between the two is off the charts and the love I have for all of the secondary characters only further enhanced my enjoyment of this read. The family bond is strong and the loyalty they feel for each other is a constant presence throughout.

description

Truth be told Nashoda Rose has always been and will remain one of my "go-to authors"! Her strong male characters are simply the best and the creativity in every nuance of her writing will keep me coming back for more. Although Perfect Rage was not my favorite of the series (Kai is still my number one man), I thoroughly enjoyed Connor and Lina, and I am certainly ready and waiting for more from Ms. Rose!

***Unyielding Series***

*BR with my girl WAR! *

description

*ARC graciously provided via NETGALLEY in exchange for an honest review!*

description
Profile Image for Christie«SHBBblogger».
951 reviews1,223 followers
July 22, 2016

Title: Perfect Rage
Series: Unyielding #3
Author: Nashoda Rose
Release date: July 26, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA

There was every possibility that I'd set my expectations at an unattainable high with this book. There's always one in a series that you anticipate the most, and count the days until you get your hands on it. That one that oozes with potential and has you desperate to see the story realized. So it goes without saying that I went into it with some trepidation. But only a few pages into this highly addictive story and my fears melted away. I knew this book had had me in its tight grasp and wasn't letting go. Perfect Rage was without a doubt my favorite of the Unyielding books.

If you've been following the series, you know that Connor has been freed from the evil people who controlled him. The Vault has been dismantled, and the forces holding him from his loved ones have been destroyed. So that should tie everything up in a big red bow, right?

Wrong. The drug that was pumped into him to force compliance is filtering out of his system after many years. And with that release comes nightmarish memories. Ones that are so hellish that he's riddled with guilt and wrecked by his own actions under the Vault's sinister hands. But all of this is eclipsed by the one emotion that keeps choking him and keeping him from his newfound freedom. Rage.

This book is told in flashbacks and dual POV, helping you understand perfectly the type of man Connor used to be before being abducted, and the road that took him to who he has become. His beautiful month meeting Alina, the horrors they suffered, and the agony of trying to reconcile not being able to protect the woman he loved. This book had me all over the place emotionally. There was angst galore, I was consumed with every piece of their history and seeing them fight to hold onto each other through the storm.

At any moment, life could throw a hook and drag you under, but if you had that one person to hold onto, the fight to the surface was easier. That person was your reason to breathe.

Connor was cruelly suffering, his life in ruins, and yet nothing was as important to him as the woman who dominated his thoughts and dreams. Alina was his reason to keep going. He was so utterly protective even in his broken state, he put her safety and happiness above all else. At the core, he was still the same man with values and morals, even the Vault couldn't eradicate the essence of who he was. He just had to find a way to conquer the anger boiling inside of him.

"I am dead," I shouted as the control broke and the rage pumped through my veins. "I'm fuckin' dead, damn it. There's nothing left of me except raw, jagged pieces of a man I hate."

This book was just the total package. It was everything I was hoping for and more. Passionate, agonizing, and poignant. I was rooting for these characters every step of the way, craving a light at the end of their tunnel. And that epilogue? Absolutely beautiful. I couldn't ask for me, it left me feeling so at peace with the harsh realities they battled for so long.

If you haven't started on this series, you're really missing out. This is such a well developed storyline, filled with depth and guaranteed to wring every emotion out of you. After reading the first two in the series, I was already a fan, but this book has cemented Nashoda Rose as an auto-buy author, no questions asked. I can't wait to see what she has to offer next.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook

Profile Image for S.M. West.
Author 31 books1,050 followers
July 22, 2016
5 Shutterbug STARS

I discovered Nashoda Rose with this series, and from the first book,Perfect Chaos, I wanted Connor’s story. I knew it’d be dark, tortured and broken but damn, Nashoda exceeded all my expectations.

photo PR_zpsuhnceqej.jpg

This was a beautifully broken love story with such anguish, torment and healing. While Connor was dark and damaged, his intense innate nature to protector and love was still alive, although buried deep within him.

photo Depositphotos_25122039_m-2015_zpsbnd4mbpk.jpg

Catalina "Alina" Diaz was a fantastic heroine. Her fierce strength, loyalty and patience were all that Connor needed. There was no doubt why they were perfect for each other. And even when things were at their darkest, their love still shone through.

“She was now my addiction. My craving. My need.”

This story is told both before and after Connor's disappearance. I loved getting to see Connor before his nightmare, especially his time with Alina. It made all that he went through all the more heartbreaking.

“His kiss was starved, unforgiving and cruel like what we’d both been dealt in life. But it was real. It was him and within the bruising kiss, it was beauty.”

This was a beautifully heart wrenching love story with all the angst, feels and hope you'd want in a tale about walking through hell and coming out the other side.

**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.**

For more reviews and blog posts.

description
Profile Image for Sabrina.
3,091 reviews1,891 followers
September 1, 2016
IT'S LIVE!!!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*Barnes & Noble*

I feel like I've been waiting for Connor's story for forever, but trust me when I say that the wait was well worth it. Nashoda Rose took a story that I already knew would be amazing and somehow made it even better than I thought possible. I loved Connor and Alina together, and even apart they were amazing characters. Which is not something I typically say about a heroine.

Connor and Alina met oversea's and had a fast, whirlwind romance. It was never supposed to be more than a fling, except it became much more than that. But the day Connor asked Alina to go back home with him and wait for him to finish training, was the day that she left him with nothing more than a note. And the day that set forth in motion what would ultimately kill the Connor she knew and loved.

Years later he's back in her life, but completely different from how he was all that time ago. Now, he's unstable, angry, and even a little scary. Gone is the man she loved, but Alina is determined to get that man back. Even if it kills her.
"We find our way back together."

There is no denying that Connor was the main, and most important, character in this story. He overtook all of it and made everything about him. Even in scenes he wasn't apart of, he was still in your mind. Usually any one thing that overshadows the rest of a story would be a bad thing. Not in this case though, the fact that we got so much of Connors story was what took this book and made it extra special.

His character was a bit of a contradiction at times, because even when he was being a completely unhinged asshole there was still this side to him that was noticeably sweet. I loved that about him, though, because it made the inner struggle he had so much more read. It really helped me connect to his character and it had me so invested in him. All I wanted to do this whole book was just hug him and make all his pain go away.

With all of that said, I did end up only rating four stars as opposed to five, because of how much Connor was in the story compared to how little Alina was in the story. If she had just had a little more of the focus I wouldn't have even noticed the difference. The connection they shared was so powerful that it made it a little weird that they didn't have an equal amount of the story.

Bottom line, if you haven't read this series you need to stop whatever it is you're doing and get started right away. These books definitely need to be read in order and they are all absolutely brilliant so I hope everyone will love these characters as much as I have.

ARC kindly provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}.
1,300 reviews85 followers
September 17, 2016
***5 "I. Can’t. Forget." stars***

I will start by saying that I'm freakin' loving all Nashoda Rose's books!!!
Especially the "Unyielding" and "Tear Assunder" series...
For once again, Mrs. Rose made her miracle and gave us an absolutely wonderful story that captivated me from the first page till the last one...

To be honest, i was craving this particular story....
We had seen Connor for first time in "Perfect Chaos" and he was almost a... monster!!!
But he wasn't always like that!!! Connor was a good man before his future will be ruined and his personality and his humanity be stolen!!!

Connor O' Neal was Georgie's brother and Deck's best friend... and neither of them abandoned him even though that Connor wasn't the same man again... and even though he did awful things to them...

"Damn it, Connor." Her voice rose, "My brother fights until the end. He never gives up. He fights until he gets it right, even if it kills him." {Georgie}

At the end of the previous book, we realized that Connor had a beloved person in his life before those "bad" people will tear it apart...
In the beginning of the third book, we learnt everything about Connor and Alina and i really loved what i've read...

They had together only a month, but their connection was very strong... Their love had no boundaries...
And then Alina abandoned him, because she had to... Because she wanted to protect him from a rotten world...

But Connor couldn't escape from an ugly fate who tranformed him into a person that nobody could recognize....

"I never really left him. My body did, but I was still inside him. I left myself there." {Alina}

“I’m fuckin’ dead, damn it. There’s nothing left of me except raw, jagged pieces of a man I hate.” {Connor}

Now, 11 years later and while Connor is for some time without the drug that was numbing his heart and mind and while his enemies are finally dead, the memories are coming back to hunting him...
Connor is remembering everything and he can't accept the things that he had to do... All those things was going against who he used to be and what he used to believe...

The rage is coming back all the fuckin' time and it's so damn difficult to control it...
The only thing that is keeping him sane is her... Alina!!!
He wants to stay away from her, but he can't forget her for once again...
So he is acting without thinking...

“Don’t give up on me, Alina... I’m lost, baby. I’m so fuckin’ lost and you’re the only one to keep me from disintegrating.... I can’t ever lose you again.”
“I’m here, Connor.” I whispered. “I’m right here.”

Alina had born in a vicious world and as much as she tried to escape from there, it was impossible...
Her only breath of life was the time that she spent in Afganistan as a photographer beside Connor O' Neall... The only man that she loved!!!

But when the time had come, she had to give him up... but her sacrifice didn't save him...

"My life was never meant to be a happily ever after. I grew up knowing that. I’d accepted it. Until him." {Alina}

"Her cries echoed. Her words. The constant barrage of hatred, pain and despair tearing through me over and over again. No. She was mine. I was supposed to protect her." {Connor}

Now, because of him, she is free for once again, but her heart is hurting for the man that he used to be and the man that she was seeing now...

Even though that Connor was unpredictable, she is still loving him with all her heart and she wants to help him and to be with him...

“I fell for you, Connor. I fell in love with you a long time ago. I may not have known all of you, but I knew who you were, what type of person. And I loved who I was with you.”
“You love a man who’s dead. That’s not me now, Alina.”
“Maybe not. But whoever you’ve become, you’re still the man I love. You’re still him and remembering what you’ve done is killing you. But you know why it is? Because you still have the good parts. If you didn’t care, none of the stuff you did while drugged would matter to you.”

But is it safe for those two to be together???

Can Connor earn some pieces back of his past??? Or all of them???
Will this burning rage inside him manage to go away???
Is their love the key or the things will become worse than before???

God, I loved Connor and Alina very much!!!
Both of them had hurt very much in their lives and they were needing salvation for once!!!
My heart was aching badly for those two and for what they had to get through in their lives!!!

Their love was unique and wonderful even with the thorns that was surrounding it!!!
Their love was limitless!!!
The love scenes were also very intense and so freakin' hot!!!

"There was no other way. We’d never had a choice in us.
We were.
We are.
And neither of us could change that. Our link to one another was unbreakable by time, by cruelty, by drugs, or even by death."

Connor was a man who got through hell... He was forced to do ugly and bad things which was against his own character... He didn't really know what he was doing, but when the drug was being removed from his body, the memories came crushing through him and the guilts were so many!!!

He couldn't escape this rage that was boiling inside of him...
The only good thing in him was his love for Alina...
He couldn't afford to lose her again...
He couldn't forget her for once again...
He had to protect her no matter what...

"I was a ticking time bomb with no timer.
I was unpredictable and the fragile control would easily snap whether I wanted it or not."

“What I feel for her is limitless. There is no end to the love I have for her.”

Alina was another one person who had suffered very much in her life...
And Connor was her only hope...

She was loving him even though that he wasn't the same person that she used to know...
Her love was so grand that she could do anything to protect him and to support him...

"“Love you so damn much, Alina... I don’t want to hurt you. Tell me I won’t hurt you.”
“You won’t hurt me, Connor. I trust you.”
The trust in himself was lacking but I had enough for both of us."

As i told you above, this was another one beautiful, even though heartbroken story... and i loved it!!!

I have loved all the characters in this series, and i would loved to see more books about the rest of the guys!!! Especially Vic and Deaglan...
I also have to say that i loved the twenty questions and this crazy goat, Rocket!!!!
Finally, i have to say that i was delighted that we saw Georgie and Deck, Kai and London and how their lives ended up!!!

"Love wasn't a choice..."

***ARC generously provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review***
Profile Image for Stacey.
1,447 reviews1,162 followers
November 5, 2016
perfect-rage-review

How far is too far?

Fear can be a funny thing. I probably seem a bit silly but I was scared to start Perfect Rage. I'm not a tough reader. I like my hearts and flowers, Prince Charmings and sighing fair maidens. Sometimes, I feel tough and take on a darker type of read. Now, with these type of books I need to prepare myself. And that's why I hesitated to take a peek into Connor and Alina's hell...

Would I find Connor’s story too hard to take? Will the pain Connor and Alina lived through, push me too far? Should I take the risk of reading a book that could end up being too much for me and ruining my love for this series? How far is too far, before my comfort zone is tested beyond…well…my comfort zone?

Well, I did it! I survived! I conquered!!

To be honest, I think I put too much pressure on this story. It didn’t end up being as hard as I thought it would be. All of that putting off and hesitancy was a complete waste. It was bloody great, but I wasn’t shaking and shivering with the pain of loss, humiliation or degradation.

We get glimpses of the pain Alina and Connor suffered, but it was never brutal or cringeworthy. I think if I had seen all of what Connor had done, there would be a chance that I wouldn’t/couldn't love him as much. Besides, Connor hated himself enough for the whole bloody world.

In previous instalments in this series, we have met Connor and Alina. What we have seen previously, is two people who have faced evil and lived to tell the tale. Perfect Rage starts with Connor and Alina meeting for the first time. I think I needed to see them happy, flirty and strong. While they are happy, neither of them have been sheltered from the ugly side of life. Connor is serving his country in Afghanistan and Alina’s trying to escape the attention of a Colombian drug lord. Both Connor and Alina know that meeting and falling for each other is probably a mistake, but sometimes love doesn’t give you a choice.

Connor has one month before he is relocating to JTF2 training. He was going to head home to see his family but changes his mind after meeting Alina. They spend every moment that they can in each others company and fall more in love. Alina is in a war-torn country, yet, because of Connor couldn’t be happier. This time for the two of them is special and soon enough they realise they don’t want it to end when the month is up.

Unfortunately, Alina’s past catches up with her.

The sweetness at the beginning of Perfect Rage gives you a little slice of what both Connor and Alina need to work back towards. We get little snippets of what they have faced and while it’s horrific, it certainly wasn’t as bad as I expected. I found the hardest part was what Alina and Connor have to face now that they are free and safe. It’s not…Yay, I’m out. Let’s have a party. Connor has to look at himself in the mirror knowing that he was forced to do bad things. Alina knows that, because of her, people have died and the man she loved suffered hideously.

How much is too much before you give up on someone?

I asked myself a few times, would I have the patience that Alina showed towards Connor? I questioned whether Connor was worth saving? Even as I read, I felt guilty for thinking it. I think my life has been too easy…or…maybe my love just hasn’t been tested yet. Fingers crossed, I never have to deal with anything close to this story. And, if I do, I can be as strong as Alina was.

Perfect Rage was not an easy story, but it definitely wasn’t as hard as I expected. Nashoda Rose is a very talented author and I have loved each instalment of this series. Her style of writing sucks you into the dark side of life but leaves you hoping that there’s a tough guy who will come save/help you and sweep you onto the back of his trusty motorcycle.

If you read this review, Ms Rose, pretty please with sugar on the top, I’d love to read a story about Vic.

To buy Perfect Rage from Amazon - http://amzn.to/2fnWqfd

description

I’m an Aussie chick who loves to read and review romance, drink coffee, be a Style Setter and stalk David Gandy. To see more of my reviews, fashion, food and pervathons -

Profile Image for warhawke.
1,272 reviews1,910 followers
July 30, 2016
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Suspense
Type: Standalone book 3 of Unyielding series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

As a member of a military unit, loyalty and honor was ingrained into Connor O’Neill's psyche. While on a mission in Afghanistan, he met someone that would change the course of his life.

Catalina (Alina) Diaz was a young aspiring photographer. When she got the opportunity to work abroad, she jumped into it, especially with the need to run away from her past. But the past quickly caught up on her and destroyed everything that ever been good in her life and threatened her future happiness.

Connor captured my attention since book 1 and I had been waiting for his story since then. I'm glad he finally got his spotlight.

Having been through years of traumatic situation, Connor had hard time coping with being free. Mentally, he was still a prisoner of his past. He had hard time accepting what he did and was too afraid to ruin his present. He had to constantly battled his inner demons.

Alina's past wasn't less harrowing than Connor. She had her own nightmare to deal with. But unlike him, she wasn't afraid to take risks and make changes for a better future.

This wasn’t the man I fell in love with. This man was mean and cold and I didn’t like him. But for a second… one second I saw the conflict on his face, like he was fighting something. Like maybe he’d remembered something.

I love the situation that brought them together and how it pulled them apart emotionally while still being there physically in the past. And I love it how in the present the physical and emotional connection was the opposite from the past.

Guilt and self-hate can and will eat away at a man’s soul.

Considering his situation, I was hoping to see a lot of his physical rage and emotional upheaval. They were there but not quite enough for my personal liking. I have a high emotional pain needs (lol!) and due to the book's slower pace, I wanted more of that.

Perfect Rage is a story of two broken people bound by their unfortunate past while trying to save their volatile future. It was well written with a dash of raw, emotional edge.

Books in the series:
Perfect Chaos (Unyielding, #1) by Nashoda Rose Perfect Ruin (Unyielding, #2) by Nashoda Rose Perfect Rage (Unyielding, #3) by Nashoda Rose

⚔ ✠ ⚔ . . (F)BR With Liz . . ⚔ ✠ ⚔

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

Profile Image for Gi's Spot Reviews.
1,073 reviews1,151 followers
5 'Limitless Love' Stars

EXTRAORDINARY! Nashoda Rose created the most emotionally beautiful, heart wrenching, soul touching, and without a doubt, absolutely unforgettable story in PERFECT RAGE!

Connor and Alina – Catalina – meet eleven prior to the present time set of the book on Afghanistan, where Alina went as a magazine photographer on a piece about an orphanage and Connor was on the end of his mission before doing the tryouts for the Canadian special forces.

Their chemistry was undeniable, from the very first moment they met, and during this month they fell deeply in love and recognized in the other their soulmate.

Awakening.
It was an awakening of my body. I didn’t know if he felt it, too, probably not, but for me it awakened something inside me. Like it lived and breathed with all these new emotions.
It was a free fall as he thrust inside me. Not knowing where I’d land. If I’d survive. But nothing mattered except the beauty in the fall.

Sadly, an evil reality came crashing down on them, in the most atrocious of ways, and they were separate, tortured and broken…

Without revealing to much, since the journey is key in this book, they both went through hell, but thought they would always have the memory of their love.

Carved. Etched. Engraved. Fuck, it was everything. Her standing there was an image I’d never forget. Didn’t need a fuckin’ photo to remind me.

Or so they thought…

When they were able to chemically erase every trace of the old Connor from his memory, and transform him into a killing machine, they destroyed Alina right along with him. But also shown us how she NEVER, not even for a moment, stopped believing in their love, never stopped believing in Connor.

Through it all, every heart breaking moment, she was their unmovable anchor, and his safe harbor.

Recovering his memories was devastating to him, he saw no way out of the darkness but still couldn’t stay away from Alina. Their connection was indeniable, and even when he fought it he came defeated every time, because he just couldn’t stay away from him, she was part of him, his sliver of light in a sea of darkness and demons.

And that’s all she ever wanted, to be with and there for him. She was wholesome hearty his. The other half of his soul…

“You love a man who’s dead. That’s not me now, Alina.”

Alina was one of the strongest heroines I’ve ever read. Even with her own personal brand of torture, she could only think of Connor. She fought for them and their love all throughout the story, and her faith in them never once wavered. All she ever wanted was their love, and their second chance.

Connor… I couldn’t have loved him more. After Kai, in Perfect Ruin, I thought I had found my favorite Nashoda hero, and he could be beat. Well wasn’t I wrong?! I loved Connor and every broken piece of him, which just made him more special. His loyalty, sense of right, devotion and playfullness (prior to the programming drugs) we impossible to resist, so I completely understand Alina’s fight for them, because damn, he’s more than worth it! His love for Alina was just as pure and soul deep.

“What I feel for her is limitless. There is no end to the love I have for her.”

Perfect Rage really was one of the most beautiful Love stories I’ve ever read and this characters chemistry came through in every single page. Never once did I doubt they were meant to be together. And of course that exploded in their ‘orgasmic inducing’ sex scenes! Lordy, these were some of the steamiest scenes I’ve had the pleasure of reading. They weren’t just having sex, they were indeed communicating with their bodies! These scenes were just as emotionally charged as the rest, even more so. You could feel it transpiring with every touch, with every breath… It was indeed a way for them to communicate their love for one another.

“My mind may have forgotten you, Alina, but my body never did.”

Of course we have some extraordinary secondary characters, specially the MCs of the previous books – which that give us one more look into their HEA – and show an incredible loyalty, friendship and support to both the main characters, even when they least wanted. That’s what friends are for, after all! ;)

“Jesus Christ, why can’t you leave me the fuck alone?”
“You know why,” Deck answered calmly. “We don’t leave a man behind—Ever.”

Nashoda creates some of the most perfect imperfect characters I’ve ever read and transforms their story in the most unique of ways, approaching serious themes like sex and child traficking, torture, murder, rape, but never in a descriptive, traumatizing way, but getting her point across and creating awareness on the matter. That is a true gift! And even though you get all these points, the main focus of her book, and this is no exception, are the ROMANCE, the beautiful LOVE story, and them getting their own Happy Ever After!

“We’re going to be okay, aren’t we?”
“Yeah. Not perfect. Not the same. But yeah.”
“I don’t want perfect or the same. I just want us and whoever we are now,”

It took us eleven years to get here, but we made it because our love was limitless.

ARC kindly provided by the author via Book Enthusiast Promotions in exchange for an honest review

For full review with Blog Tour and Giveaway check out my blog post,
July 29, 2016
5 "Limitless Love" Stars!

Nashoda Rose is one of the very few authors that has not once disappointed me. Her books tend to skate the thin line of dark yet the love story within the plot seems to lighten the load. Perfect Rage is Connor's story and with the tragic backstory of this character, I couldn't wait to see how she'd pull off such a painfully flawed character, that despite being a true hero, was held captive, drugged and turned until a cold-hearted anti-hero. Should I love him or hate him for the things he did to our beloved characters in Perfect Ruin? I knew somehow this author would bring him back in my good graces but his road to recovery would be long and hard fought.

We've followed Connor O'Neill through all the Unyielding series books. Brother to Georgie in Perfect Chaos, army hero until he was captured by a Columbian drug lord and used for an experimental drug to take good men and make them into cold hearted killers. Does he have a chance for mental rehabilitation after doing such horrible things? Can he live with himself and the long-term side effects of the drug he was given in captivity? Is there a chance for second chances with the deal changer for him all those years ago in the army, a woman named Catalina?

photo C3CD9F61-598F-4ECC-A2B7-17091E0A4E72_zpsemd3v5aj.jpg

Perfect Rage was not an easy second-chance romance. Nashoda Rose did not go easy on Connor and his road to recovery and my heart broke for the man he'd become. The broken man that had so much taken away, had done so much under the influence of the drug. Regret. Guilt. Rage so deep within, it was palpable- like a brewing storm just waiting to erupt. I wanted to reach into my little kindle and hug the pain, the headaches, away from him.

Previously meeting Catalina Moreno in Perfect Ruin, I didn't form much of an opinion of her until reading this book- her story. She too is a victim of the drug-lord Carlos Moreno yet she chose to fight to get her life back, fought tooth and nail to get her lover back she lost so many years ago. But is Connor the man she met and fell for over a decade ago or is he long gone, a victim of Vault and all their doings?

Nashoda Rose added so much to this book beyond just the Connor/Alina story. We got to see quite a bit of Deck/Georgie and Kai/London- the Unyielding crew. It's a battle well fought and I genuinely worried how she would pull off his rehabilitation and make it realistic but she did! Now I'd like to place an order for a certain man-whore character named Deaglan!

Advanced copy received by author in exchange for my honest review.

Profile Image for Maya.
858 reviews423 followers
description

Rage, wow this book is full of it and it's all embedded into one single man. Meet Connor, a man tortured by his past that obscures his view on the future that he could have with his long lost love.

I loved reading this story! It's another Nashoda Rose winner! I really enjoyed the previous book, Perfect Ruin and I was so happy to see all the wonderful and badass characters back in this book.
I think that this story is emotionally the most draining, since the main characters, Connor and Alina, have to go through so much pain that was caused to both of them by an evil, jealous man with a deadly obsession of Alina. A man, that tortured Connor and turned him, with the help of a drug, into one heartless weapon. A man, that killed Alina's family one by one and then made Alina his most prized possessions. A man, that in the end met his justified end.

Connor's mind is playing tricks on him and he has trouble connecting to reality. The drug made him forget who he was and all his memories of his previous life with Alina, so now that they are slowly coming back, the horrible things he's done under the influence of the drug are making him question everything he knows. And with that, the anger inside of him grows, to the point where he's . He doesn't feel to be a good person anymore, unworthy of Alina's love. He has some really tough choices to make to reach his happiness, some I didn't like but nothing is easy when it comes to matters of love.

You could say I liked Alina more than Connor. She was, to me at least, the stronger character. She never gave up on Connor and tried to protect him, even when all hope seemed to be lost. Also, when Connor's demons got the better of him, she did what she had to protect her future.

The journey all these characters have to made is hard but so worth it and the story is definitely worth your time!
Profile Image for Olga therebelreader.
888 reviews667 followers
July 19, 2016
LIMITLESS Stars.

Perfect Rage is yet another winner from Nashoda Rose. This book has some really tough subjects: physical abuse, torture, PTSD, feelings of guilt, haunted and angry hero. At times, it was really rough.

The story is told present day with flashbacks to a horrific time when Connor was kidnapped and physically and psychologically tortured. These flashbacks were brutal but the author made it work. It’s hard for him to deal with the aftermath of being abducted and tortured. He went through hell and is struggling with his haunted memories, severe anxiety, horrific nightmares and violent, wild, frenzied rage! The cruelty that he suffered was devastating, heartbreaking ... Only those closest to him know the real truth behind his downward spiral. Alina’s true love is the one thing that has managed to keep him sane so far. Triggers are all around him, even the lightest touch, and he constantly lives in fear of harming his sweet Alina, his one and only true love.

Connor
 photo d64f9b148fcad504c0242278b0467fc8_zps70wddxn3.jpg

…Connor was now a prisoner of his memories. I sensed his volatility and that scared me. He scared me.
…I was scared that the anger lingering in Connor’s eyes would consume him. That he’d disappear and the pain would stay with him forever.

The story effortlessly moves between the past and the present and the emotion is off the freaking charts! Watching Connor come to terms with everything that happened to him and the changes in his life is not easy. Alina struggles to help Connor heal his crushed soul and Connor finds it harder and harder to stay away from her. Self-control has never felt so impossible!

Alina
 photo 10_zpswcmepixm.jpg

He’s a ticking time bomb. Irrational. Explosive. Unfuckin’ stable with highly-trained military skills. He’s dangerous as hell.

photo c690e8505b62eb1d94287700a8aa9e0a_zpsvbh5giiq.jpg

The twists and turns of this book kept me hanging on every page. I can’t say enough good things about this exceptional romance. A romance where the love between two people is so intense and so moving that it's enough to put your ovaries in a tailspin.

photo efa95c6086daac9fd4179f9277733467_zpsmx0mu66k.gif

So much emotion, so much rage and to top it off so much love! The story takes you on an emotional roller coaster with its highs and lows and through a few dark tunnels where you don't know what might be around the next corner. This book really touched my heart and my soul. I highly recommend this for those looking for a wonderfully dark and deeply passionate read.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo 12665771_584238145059887_1835520696_n_zps3xqoyoc0.jpg
Profile Image for XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy.
1,473 reviews434 followers
July 24, 2016
I was curious about Connor and Alina's connection from the previous book but this was nothing like I imagined. It's the tale of a broken man who needs to find his way in order to let love into his life. Connor and his shutterbug Alina meet when he's on tour escorting her to an orphanage where she will work as a photographer. They spend a month together and fall sweetly into love. But secrets have a way of coming to light and Alina's do with a vengeance. The book follows a very difficult trail for the long suffered couple. It's deeply emotional with almost exclusive internal conflict dominating the pages. The writing is excellent. You can almost feel how the author left a little piece of herself on the lines. The characterization is superb with depth and dynamic complexity to the characters that is unmatched. This may lose some of the impact of read as a standalone though it's not impossible to do so. The others in the series are definite hits so it would be a win either way. Safety: No OW/Sharing. Can't say no OM because the h is forced to be with someone. Yes to rape and abuse.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Snow.
2,188 reviews631 followers

5 "limitless, Shutterbug" stars

Loved it, simply loved it!

Connor O'Neill met Catalina Diaz in a war shattered country, while he was asign to acompany her on her task to shoot photos of a local Afganistan orphanage, they felt the attraction and instant connection and as they spent time together they grow into more...even when they were both aware that their time together is temporary.
Just be here with me now.
We were something more.
Carved. Etched. Engraved.

What they felt was imbeded into thier core and it could not be escaped from for either of them
I know it's too soon, but I live in the now. I have to because there might not be a tomorrow and that makes this even more selfish of me. But fuck, just please say you'll stay with me.

But the cruel and dangerous occurence made them separate by Catalina's abrupt decision even though things were not exactly as they seemed.

Their lives went on, being apart from each other not knowing about each other's destiny or so they thought until they met again...and they were NOT the same.
Connor was no longer the man she knew, he was turned into something else...
The drug made him into a cold, harsh, emotionless man I didn't recognize, but this was worse. Because Connor now had to come to terms with what he's done and his values were strong. They were what defined Connor. Protect those he loved. Protect his country. Protect children. Help others and live in the now.

the man she loved and yet he was just that. He would always be that man...

even if she had to find him again under the shattered personality, erased memories, uncontrolled anger and boiling rage.
I was a ticking time bomb with no timer.

You'll always be Connor.

Don't give up on me, Alina...I'm lost, baby. I'm so fuckin' lost and you're the only one to keep me from disintegrating.

And the road toward each other is filled with remorse, guilt, pain and emotional outlets and yet they owned it. It was theirs. Their link, their notion of coping, of surviving, breathing and belonging while they are fighting their demons one step at the time....
This was our chance at a second beginning.
This was us finding our way back to one another.
And it was a step toward being un-lost.

Even at the cost of risking it all...
I had to risk losing everything if I wanted a chance as limitless.

Nashoda Rose is my one-click author, i don't think, i just do it and I am never let down in any way. I absolutley loved every book in the Unyielding series/b>, so far and this book was no different. I simply got lost in this story of a second chance in love and life.
I especially loved Connor, he was magestically portrayed from the „ideal american dream guy“ over emotionally crippled killing machine towards the man who's trying so hard to pick up the shattered pieces of himself, bind them and mend them together holding onto the only missing link he knows of – the woman he loves..

It was so beautifully written it almost hurt to not re-read some parts several times. The emotional charge of both characters was so strong and vivid it was an immediate hit for me. Seeing again the whole group of familiar characters together with a little insight into their lives made me smile and made me greedy in yearning for more.

The way Nashoda leads you through the story by magically intertwined and interchangeable past to present events leaves you blindly wrapped into the whirpool of emotions from the first page until the end.

Fantastic!!!

***ARC provided by the author Nashoda Rose via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

Nashoda Rose graciously accepted to participate in an Interview on The Sirens Book Reviews blog, which will be posted upon the release of Perfect Rage.

so for that and more info visit

Profile Image for Elfina Renee.
611 reviews202 followers
October 19, 2016
I don’t like saying goodbye to a series I’ve gotten passionately about. Characters I’ve watched grow from infantile stages to who they are. Their nightmarish struggles, rising from the ashes though changed. Connor and Alina’s story was probably one of the hardest I’ve read. Yes, spent a lot of time wiping my eyes and using the good old kleenex. Seeing such a strong man break, relearn balance out of chaos was staggering. Then there’s Alina. She’s ventured into hell just as much as he has. Different circumstances brought them together, sealing their fates with only one conclusion. Yes there is beauty in the breaking and Nashoda Rose takes you there. Five glowing stars, wish I could give you more!

Abandon, forgotten and left behind, there's only so much a man can take before he breaks!
 photo Connor.png

(Perfect Chaos:Deck & Georgie) What we need to find out is why him.” “You think we can ever bring him back?” I knew Deck wouldn’t lie to me and I held my breath waiting for his answer. “Even if we did, I don’t know if you’d even recognize the man anymore, Georgie. Connor was a good guy. He cared about every innocent life in this fuckin’ harsh world. He’d have given his life for a perfect stranger.

photo Perfect Chaos 6.jpg

Shit, he risked his life for strangers everyday. Countless times he risked his life for some kid caught in the middle of a shit storm. That was him.” He hesitated and I tilted my head to look up at him. “Babe, chances are he doesn’t want out now.” I tried to swallow, but my throat was so tight it hurt. Tears filled my eyes and it was for the loss of Connor because he had died the second they took him.

photo Connor 2.gif

Profile Image for Shanny.
186 reviews175 followers
August 14, 2016
*****5 Shutterbug stars*****

So freaking good!!!!!!!!!
I think everyone who read this series was excited to read Connor's story, and once again Nashoda delivered she gave us a story that I just couldn’t put down.
As usual her writing was perfect,she always gets everything right I really couldn't stop reading. The story sucks you in from the first till the very last page. When I was done I wanted to read more I didn't want to say goodbye to these amazing characters.

photo download206_zpspetfeedk.jpg

I love to read about broken/ imperfect characters and Connor was that. What he had suffered was so unfair and sad, he was beyond broken, he was full of rage, hate and remorse.
But he was also a charmer and so lovable you will fall in love with him after a few pages. Connor and Alina journey was full of pain, loyalty, remorse and love.

Who doesn't love to read about a girl fighting for the man she loves and man fighting his demons so he can be with the woman he loves.

Both of us searching for what we'd never found-simple.
A love with no pain. A love that brings us together not tears us apart. A love uncomplicated.
But like he said, we didn't get simple. We didn't get the white picket fence. We didn't get the happily ever after."

I loved seeing all of the characters from the previous books in this series and Kai and the goat was just so funny Yellow LOL
The epilogue was just beautiful, I know this series could end with Perfect Rage but I do hope Nashoda will continue!

ღ ~Arc provided by the author in exchange for an honest review ~ღ
Profile Image for Lyndy Ann ♫.
670 reviews
*****5 Shutterbug stars*****

It feels like I have been waiting FOREVER for Connor’s story so I could not wait to finally discover what happened to him and I was not disappointed.

Perfect Rage is amazing and tells Connor’s harrowing story from the past to the present day of what Vault did to him the isolation the torture and what they turned him into with the drugs but Connor is stronger than they thought and a piece of Alina stayed with him even when he was a machine. No longer on drugs Connor is tormented with memories and nightmares and cannot handle being around people because of his rage but Alina is his obsession that he cannot give up.

This is told in dual POV and to be honest when I started reading from Alina’s POV I could not remember her so I went back to Perfect Ruin for a day and read snippets about her and what happened to Carlos to refresh my memory.

Alina is strong to survive what she went through she was a prisoner for years and she is now starting a new life thanks to Connor and Deck. She is settling into her new life living in a quaint little house working at Avalanche and making friends and Connor pops in and out of her life she loves having him around but when he has to disappear it breaks her heart all over again.

Can Alina convince Connor to get the help he needs so they can have a chance at a future together the future that was taken away from them?

I absolutely LOVED having more Kai and London as they are my favourite couple from this series I loved the chapter from London’s POV and the change in Kai he has mellowed so much loved him with Rocket that was hilarious.

I found this to be an emotional read with everything Connor and Alina go through plus Georgie finally getting her big brother back and Deck getting his best friend back after all this time throw in lots of steamy moments and even some laughs and you have an amazing read.

I absolutely adored the epilogue I had a huge smile on my face while reading this having all the tough guys together acting like kids and the girl banter. A FANTASTIC ending to a great series. I cannot wait to read the next journey Nashoda Rose will take us on.

ARC generously provided by author via NetGalley for an honest review.

Profile Image for ~Stéphanie's Journal~.
620 reviews348 followers
July 20, 2016
5 – 11528 - stars

Third book in a series - better to read in order
HEA:
Cheating:
Trigger:

"Demons. Shadows. I fought them all until I couldn’t anymore."

I can't believe I've just finished reading Connor's story. It's been so long since I wanted to know him, wanted to know what happened to him. Ever since book 1 and of course after the events in book 2 I was a goner.

As you can guess, this is not a book meant to be read as a stand-alone. They are far too many details in the previous books to fully comprehend who Connor is now. You won't enjoy the book the same way, you won't have the same anticipation, the same need to read Perfect Rage if you start with this one. And do I really have to tell you, you need to read all Nashoda Rose's books? There are ALL worth it. She never disappoints, she always deliver a story that comes from the heart. It's even more real with Perfect Rage. The amount of feels there are in it is absolutely exquisite. My heart swelled for Alina and Connor, for their pain and for their love.

" Our link to one another was unbreakable by time, by cruelty, by drugs, or even by death."

description

I didn't know what to expect when I started reading but NR gave us a glimpse from the past, from who Connor was. It was heart breaking already because I knew he couldn't be himself anymore. After what he experienced, he couldn't be the cocky and joyful guy he was.

The way he fell in love with Alina was lovely and sweet. Connor is a protective person who would do anything to preserve people he loves. Even after the years of separation, and even if his head is not in the right place, he can't stop thinking about the woman he loves more than anything. He needs to be around her no matter what but he simply can't trust himself.

“I’m lost, baby. I’m so fuckin’ lost and you’re the only one to keep me from disintegrating.” He lowered his head, lips a breath away from me as he murmured, “I can’t ever lose you again.”
“I’m here, Connor,” I whispered. “I’m right here.”

Alina might be my favorite female characters in NR books so far. She is a determined woman who won't give up without a fight. She is first a woman who put the people she loves first and would do anything to protect them. Connor and her share so much characters traits, you see right away why these two are meant to be together. Alina would do anything to make Connor feel better. She is brave, companionate and loyal to the man she loves.

[image error]

I've read this in less than 24 hours because I was too enthralled in their story. There are no parts I didn't like. I loved the bad and the beautiful; I loved the hard and the sweet; I loved the battle and the peace. I loved how both would do anything to be a part in each other life even if life is no as simple as it's for others.

“We’re going to be okay, aren’t we?”
“Yeah. Not perfect. Not the same. But yeah.”
“I don’t want perfect or the same. I just want us and whoever we are now,”.

I don't know if the Unyielding series is over but I know I want to more book within the same sphere.
Vic was intriguing, always with a dark edge, not knowing what he thinks. I'm also curious about Tyler, always have since Perfect Chaos. He's not there much in the book but just the mention of his name makes me curious.
And we are introduced to Kite's brother (Tear Asunder series), Deaglan in here. I wouldn't mind to get to know him. Do I have to mention he is a manwhore to get you attention? Nope? That's what I thought ;)

~Arc provided by the author in exchange of an honest review ~

description
Profile Image for Michelle.
2,082 reviews860 followers
July 23, 2016
I can’t even. Seriously, Nashoda. You broke me. I expected Connor’s story to be epic. I expected it to be thrilling and intense. But I never... I never expected it to feel like a sledgehammer smashed my heart into pieces. For those that have followed the series, Connor’s story has been highly anticipated. It has lingered in the background of all the books and we finally get to know exactly what happened to him, how he ended up being a pawn for vault, who the girl was that he wrote about in his journal and why, when he was finally found – he wasn’t ready to come home.

Connor’s story begins long before we see the broken man. It begins when he meets Alina in the midst of a war, in a dessert, moments before he’s set to go home. His decision to stay behind changes everything. A soldier with a good heart is turned into a monster at the hands of vault, but some memories can’t be fully wiped away. And although Connor isn’t ready to face his past, his friends and family – he can’t seem to walk away from her.

Let me just say that I love this author. I love the grit to her romance. I love that she can give you some of the sweetest moments amidst the chaos of a thrilling ride. When I first stumbled upon her during Torn From You, I was blown away. Completely hooked. I knew that I had just found a goldmine of writing genius.

Perfect Rage was everything I wanted and so much more. My heart hurt so much for Connor and Alina that I had to stop reading at one point and just let it out. I cried for at least twenty minutes, huge – body – shaking sobs as I let everything sink in. I felt this book, I didn’t just read it. Erotic, suspenseful, thrilling and a heart-stopping read.

If you have not read this author yet – what the fuck is wrong with you? So much greatness is happening on these pages.

ARC
Profile Image for Joëlle.
367 reviews35 followers
July 26, 2016
*** ARC kindly provided by the author, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. ***

Wow ... Again wow! This is one of my favorite authors. She writes amazing, captivating stories full of suspense with wonderful characters. I loved her Tear Asunder and Unyielding series and hope there are many more books to come.

After reading Perfect Ruin (2nd book in the Unyielding series) I couldn’t wait for Connor’s book and it was so worth it!

As with the other books, you could read them as a standalone but I really suggest you read them all, in order.

As for this book, Perfect Rage... When Connor and Alina met in 2005 they were immediately attracted to each other and spent some great moments together. Until Carlos Moreno forces her to go to him. She leaves a message for Connor which breaks his heart. If only he knew ...

Now many years later, after being rescued from Carlos, Alina is trying to make a life again and didn’t think she would see Connor again. But Connor isn’t the same man anymore. The drugs and torture Carlos forced on him made him a cruel, hard, dangerous and unpredictable man full of rage. He wants Alina desperately but he won’t endanger her and leaves her again and again ... He doesn’t see it as running but as surviving! Will he stop running?

I loved reading about the previous characters too! I don’t see if there will be another book in this series but if there is I would love a book about Vic Gate or maybe even Deaglan...
Profile Image for Roksana.
393 reviews444 followers
February 17, 2017
6 Infinite love Stars!

One word comes to mind at the book's conclusion: SHATTERED

photo giphy_zps6emtn7zq.gif
Out of the blue comes an author who has written the ultimate love story. Soul-deep love that stood the test of time and grew into a lasting love. Connor first saw Alina in Afganistan when she was working on a photography on the orphans there and he was at the end of his mission in the military. On seeing each other for the first time, they knew "it was something special" and shortly after they have fallen in love and planned a life together. This may look like insta-love, but, nothing felt cliche in their developing bond. It felt so natural to me like "these two were a star-crossed lovers" meant to be together. Unfortunately, the circumstances beyond their control forced them apart and that's where the reader is confronted with all the emotions: rage, betrayal, sacrifice, and healing. Gosh...That scenes when Connor thought Alina never loved him and went back to her fiance (She lied to keep him safe) was a powerful one and later when they met again and Connor did not recognize her prior to being under the influence of the drug was equally heartbreaking...
 photo original_zpsiwuhbaeg.gif
Alina was taken captive by a very cruel and dangerous man, who also later captured Connor and tormented him with tapes of Alina's crying and screams...and even though Connor was drugged to become a killing machine, she never gave up on him. Connor lost his memory due to drugs and so he did not remember anything in his life and poor Alina tried to reach out to him to help him remember, of course, he did not remember anything and was horrible to her, (you really hate Connor in these moments and you don't know which way to go; hate him or not). You know he's under the drugs, but still the pain he caused Aliana was hard to swallow. Yet, Alina's love was unconditional. She allowed him to use her body "to find the real Connor inside" Somehow she did manage to get to him, at least physically, as he never had sex with a woman, never had any physical urges, but he got an erection for Alina and had sex with her...

“My mind may have forgotten you, Alina, but my body never did.”

Then there was the "Connor's awakening" and realization of the damage and devastation he caused by under the drug...the portrayal of Connor's vulnerability when the realization struck was agonizing...the rage, disgust and hatred at himself for learning what he has become and did to people, Aliana , his friends; that from "being a war Hero to becoming a killer" was hard to accept. This was conveyed so beautifully to the reader. His struggle, his pain, his redemption. After being taken off drugs, he was the "broken version of Connor" but, still with the heart of gold. There is nothing he would not do for Alina. His protectiveness, vulnerability, the need to stay close to her, even though he was mentally not fit was enough to forgive his previous actions. Alina's strength and faith for Connor did help him put him back in one piece....
 photo tumblr_n6522bpao71r18z8zo5_r1_250_zpsuwcp5bql.gif
But it was a long road of sacrifices and one woman's love that would conquer even the hardest odds. This pair of lovers once they were reunited for good, was a force to be reckoned with. This is a keeper, as the love between the two was unconditional and one that does not come often.
 photo Ill-always-you-Forever_zps769v7xoe.gif

Safety gang:
Profile Image for Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic.
2,472 reviews1,204 followers
December 3, 2016
It's official. Nashoda is on my list of 1-click authors. This one was another hit! I loved what I read from the Tear Asunder series and fell in love with this group of characters and the lovefest has continued with Perfect Rage. I've been intrigued by Connor for quite some time and when I saw that my girl from The 6ix wrote his story, I was on that quick. I've had it sitting on my kindle for a while and I'm annoyed that it took me so damn long to get to it. But boy was it worth the wait.

This story was about Connor and Alina. Eleven years ago, they fell in love in Afghanistan (Connor was in the military and Alina was there on assignment as a photographer). An evil man (Carlos) from Alina's life back home manipulated her to abandon and shun Connor. Carlos was truly wicked and held Connor prisoner and fed him an experimental drug that turned him into a ruthless killing machine under Vault and shielded his memories. Eventually Connor and Deck rescue Alina and this story is about Connor's healing and their potential future.

That's all I'm going to reveal of the plot. Nashoda Rose has the stunning ability to merge dark and suspenseful themes with something with a contemporary feel. I personally can't get enough of it and that's why she'll always have a fan in me. The only reason this didn't get 5 stars is because I was a little let down with the ending prior to the epilogue. I watched Connor struggle with his demons: the rage and the pain. Yet when this issue was finally resolved, it was almost like a fast forward. It was glossed over with a couple of sentences like it was no big deal. But it was a big deal because the entire book was about his issues! Other than that, this was another amazing book from this author.

Profile Image for Pam.
1,093 reviews1,008 followers
Shelved as 'arc-up-next'
July 19, 2016
Profile Image for Michelle.
1,464 reviews122 followers
July 29, 2016
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

This was intense but brilliant

I 've really enjoyed this series so far I only started reading this author's books this yr an now I can't get enough she is just brilliant I m not a huge fan of dark books but I can't get enough of her work

I was dyin to get Conor's story after the way the last book Perfect Ruin which is Kia and London's book went it was just brilliant but I was scared about Conor he has been through so much an at times I didn't think he would get over what had happened to him but the way he was for Alina was just so cute Ye he was an ass for nearly half the book an I don't think I could put up with him the way Alina did but when luv is this strong an u get torn apart before things really get started an then when u have spent yrs an yrs apart an the luv is still there your just meant to b but it come easy it was so hard for both characters but I have to say my heart went out to Alina she is such a strong woman an like I said I don't think I could of put up with Conor at times but he is al she ever wanted ever if he wasn't the same guy she first met

I luvd this story I did find it hard sometimes cause I really liked Alina she is such a strong an selfless woman she alway puts herself last an I just wanted her to have what she deserved after the horrible things she went through an have a lot of protective men watching her at al time must b hard no honest it must b I know there al hot but come on ;) haha I just really like her character I do wish we got into her feels a bit more in some way I can't really explain it I just wanted more of her

Then there is Conor God this man as been through a lot an is still goin through it but I could help but want to slap him at times I know he was tryin to protect his luv one's but come on u need to think like really think an work harder I know I m bein hard but I just got a lil frustrated in part the coming an going was getting on my nerves don't get me wrong the guy really pulled at my heartstrings throughout this book an he's sexy as hell I really like him but would comes times when he just got on my nerves but maybe in a good way cause I could never stay mad an the way he would b with Alina was just so good they r super hot together an were just really meant to b so Ye it was hard to stay mad maybe I just need my lil rant it's over now haha

Like I said at the begin this book is really good an I could keep goin on about it I luv al the characters an I m delighted we got more from Georgie and Deck and Kia and London I just them so so getting more of there stories is so good an the other hot strong sexy men r just as great as well I m dyin for more of these men I also thought the story was amazing an havin the duel pov's just made the book so much better I d highly recommend this book I couldn't get enough xxx

This cover is HOT
Displaying 1 - 30 of 348 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.