Start by marking “Mind Magic (World of the Lupi, #12)” as Want to Read:
Mind Magic (World of the Lupi, #12)

Mind Magic

(World of the Lupi #12)

FBI agent Lily Yu’s mind is a dangerous place to be in the latest Novel of the Lupi…

Thanks to the mindspeech lessons she’s receiving from the black dragon, Lily is temporarily benched from Unit Twelve—until her brain acclimates and the risk of total burnout passes. At least she has her new husband, lupi Rule Turner, to keep her occupied.

But when her mentor calls in a favor
Mass Market Paperback, 404 pages
Published November 3rd 2015 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Mind Magic, please sign up.
Marianne Boutet Not in this book...but both are "mentioned" and I suspect it will not be long (book-wise) until they are dealt with.

Start your review of Mind Magic (World of the Lupi, #12)
Jilly
I had a really hard time getting into this book. It had a slow beginning and my attention span is at gnat level these days. So, I put it down quite a few times.

I considered this, but I'm also lazy so... meh... I'll try the book again.

Luckily, at about the halfway point, things start to get good. All hell breaks loose and everyone is either arrested, kidnapped, or mysteriously vanished. Much like a pan of brownies at my house (the vanished part, I mean). And speaking of brownies, the magical
AH
5 Golden Stars....

If you have not yet started this series, what are you waiting for? Run to the bookstore, click on that buy now button, just get yourself a copy of Tempting Danger. You need to read these books in order for full enjoyment, so start there.

Mind Magic is the 11th book in the series. We've gotten to know the world throughout the series. There's magic, all sorts of supernatural creatures, magical divisions of the FBI, and a wonderful lead couple. The characters have grown and
edge of bubble
This one is the best book in the series so far. We finally get back not angsty Rule, not whiny Lily and a whole new character, who was also awesome addition in my opinion. There were new villians, quite interesting dragon secrets and a great plot.
Mitticus
A page turner.

'Mindspeak' is related to dragons, so nobody can help Lily when she is having hallucinations after her training with Sam, the black dragon. Thus she takes a health leave from work meanwhile her brain 'adapts' to that.
But , of course, then Sam wants Lily in Ohio. And Rule in Washington with Ruben. Not good.

Murder follow the couple. Conflict between agencies (all the time in the serie), conspiracies and false charges.

And Demi. Strange, but get to know Demi help me to understand
Jen Davis
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Lily and Rule are back and returning to center stage after a strategic absence in the last book. I know some people didn’t like the series detour into Kai and Nathan’s story in the last installment, but this book had no trouble at all putting our original couple back into the driver’s seat. There are so many things I liked here, I am excited about the series all over again.

The story kicks off with the introduction of a new character named Demi. She is a touch sensitive teen with
Mei
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
The beginning of this book is slow, but it is like a roller coaster: these small cars climb and climb and then there seem to be a pause at the top annndddd then down, down at break-neack speed!!!

I could die riding this....

But after just everything happens: arrests, vanishing (both Cullen and Lily!!), explosions, attacks!!!
It all could lead to a Dragargeddon!!!! LOL

I loved the new character: Demi. She's just adorable!!!

And the most loved: little dragons!!! Little meeping dragons!!! Ohhhhh..

I
Carolyn F.
Wow this book was so good! I loved the ending. I just wish that they weren't faced with such seemingly insurmountable odds all the time. Also, I see only bad stuff happening with Tom! Mark my words!
Kt
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession

It amazes me how fresh and interesting each of these books are considering how long this series has been running. Typically by this point, the twelfth book, I almost expect a bit of staleness, and yet with each new book, Eileen Wilks brings a whole new challenge and ball game. It's incredibly impressive and one of the reasons I really enjoy this series. Between knowing I'll get a fantastic plot and all the many previous books allowing for such
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Very good read. Soooo much better than the last book. We are back to Lily and Rule here, and where the focus is firmly on Lupi politics (which I enjoy); and the magical world of the series inhabitants. You can tell from the cover that the Dragons feature prominently in the story, as well as another group of supernatural beings that don’t make it into too many UF/ PNR books. The whole story here was a bit different for UF.

There are two reasons this was not a 5 Star read for me. One was that the
Kathy Davie
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Twelfth in the World of the Lupi series and revolving around Lily Yu and her gorgeous husband, Rule Turner. While starting in Washington D.C., most of the action takes place in a wildlife preserve in Ohio.

My Take
Wilks pulled me in with the obscure demands Sam was making on Lily, the worries that Demi had, and then the frame that started to build around Rule.

That frame was scary if only because it would be much too easy for government agencies or police to do something like this to anyone they
Melindeeloo
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of the series (I actually started with the original short story that was reworked into the first book), so I was really looking forward to Mind Magic.

I liked it but with nits. The beginning is slow to roll, a new character Demi has the spotlight and a new group of bad guys are causing trouble, and there isn't enough Lily and Rule time initially. But the story gets good and things really start to gel when the Demi finally meets up with one of the old characters. The rest of the
Li
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
It’s hard to believe this is the 12th(!) book in the Lupi series. And unlike some series which are in severe need of winding up, this series is still delivering. I finished MIND MAGIC in one night, and really enjoyed it.

The start was a bit weak (with a new character’s POV taking up the first couple of chapters), but once Lily and Rule made an appearance, I was hooked. It’s always fun to explore more of Wilks’ Lupi world, and while I’d loved to have seen more of the usual gang, Lily pretty much
Estara
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the series
Recommended to Estara by: auto-buy series
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2015
Read in one sitting, with a night's sleep in between ^^.

As I've come to realise, I just enjoy Lily and Rule most. The new character was lovely though, the peril appropriately hair-raising and will have long-term effects on the overall resources of the forces of The Lady, we're probably introduced to another long-term archvillain enabler of The Enemy.

LOVED the continuing insight into Brownies and Dragons.

And this is not a book to start the series with. Although there's some nice, non-infodumpy
Lorna
4·5/5 Stars
Darcy
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting read, so much was going on and the usually powerful Lily and Rule were made powerless, something neither of them can handle very well. I found the way that their power was taken away intriguing, mostly because part of it was so mundane in the process done in small steps. Each step seemed to hobble them and tie their hands making things worse and worse, making me fear that the world that they know would be changed forever. Even after the bad guy was revealed it still ...more
MostlyDelores
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Conspiracies! Dragons! Brownies (wee folk, not chocolate)!

Great installment in a great series. I especially liked Demi, the girl with Aspergers, she was a terrific addition.
Emily
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner in the Lupi series. I loved this one. The thing I like most about these books is the unexpected directions the author takes with the plot. So far, the books haven’t become formulaic or stale, and I really enjoy Wilks’s imaginative turns. The dragon-heavy elements this time around made it all the better. Bring on the dragons—I can’t get enough of them.
I liked having equal time with Rule’s and Lily’s POVs in this book, and Demi’s involvement in the plot ended up being extremely
Sheyla ✎
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mind Magic centers mostly on Rule and Lily. The majority of the other characters are mentioned but don't make an appearance except for Ruben and some of the wolves from different clans.

The novel begins with Sam asking Lily to go to Ohio but without telling her why. Rule is not happy he can't go with her and reluctantly stays behind with Ruben in DC. It seems like the Lady approves of this separation without the mate bond suffering. Though, not for long. One by one each of them is getting
Jessica
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Yay, fun! This series is not slowing down at all -- every time i finish one book I get excited to see what happens in the next. Really enjoyed the addition of Demi/Danny to the cast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Went to BN to pick this up bc all the reviews I'm seeing from my GR friends are making me really excited -- but it was sold out! Good for Wilks, but sad for me that I have to wait another week.
Sophia
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mind Magic was one of those books that slowly drew me in and had me pondering what the various plot threads were leading toward as this story built speed and intensity to that amazing suspenseful ending. Government conspiracy, a new team of gifteds, dragon mystery and magic, and adorable, but shouldn't be under-estimated brownies surround Lily, Rule, and the Lupi as they seek to get answers and stop a new and dangerous plot.

Mind Magic is the twelfth installment to the World of the Lupi series.
Barbara ★
Another thrilling installment in the World of Lupi series. I loved Demi/Danny and love the outcome of her "story". Looking forward to seeing her again in future books.
Ln Winchester
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very very good, as always

There's a reason Eileen Wilks is on my automatic purchase list. She writes stories I want to live in. Add pages go by I start to feel anxious about having to leave the world she's created. When I finish I'm actually bereft.

One of the things I appreciate is that the characters learn the facts of the story as the reader does. We're auth then while they figure out what is going on and what to do about it. This really involves the reader in the unfolding events. I find it
Nancy
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nov
Eileen Wilks just keeps on getting better! I take my hat off to this author - it is very hard to keep a series alive and kicking when you get to the twelveth book without losing steam. In most instances, one can expect over contrived plots and drama to keep an over-extended series going.

Eileen Wilks has kept the series fresh and entertaining with this latest addition of rich and well developed storytelling of one of my favourite UF couples, Rule and Lily. The story is centred around the dragons,
Donna
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The World of the Lupi series has taken Lily, Rule and friends to some incredible places and put them through physical and magical dangers of all sorts but this may be the toughest mystery yet. Lily and Rule have only been back from their honeymoon in Paris for two months when circumstances force them to part. Thanks to the mindspeech lessons she’s receiving from the black dragon, Lily is temporarily benched from Unit Twelve—until her brain acclimates and the risk of total burnout passes but she ...more
Shelley
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Source* Library
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

Mind Magic is the Twelfth installment in Eileen Wilks World of the Lupi series. A series that is a mix of urban fantasy and romance. Each story has a beginning and an ending. But, readers should expect to read this series in order since everything ties back to the war against the Great Bitch, and those who have allied themselves with her against the Lupus and their allies.

*Full Review Posted 12/11/2015*

Paraphrodite
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, listened
I enjoyed this better than the previous book.

1. Lily and Rule are back.
2. The story is more coherent.
3. There's less magic-babble.
4. I really liked Demi/Danny's character. It showed what someone with Asperger can achieve.
5. (view spoiler)
Minuska
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just can't stop liking this series more and more with each additional book :) the world of the series offers many interesting places, races and weird customs to explore and I hope there will be many additional books as it seems there are still many stories to tell..
Tracey Clark
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eileen-wilks
I love the Mind speech aspect ... thought is novel felt a little unfinished, it did leave me wanting more... mainly because I the characters... especially Cullen... I was left asking what the heck was happening to Cullen
Cardyn Brooks
Demi's character and story line are irresistible.
K
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
We return to Lily & Rule being the main characters in this book, with a new character being introduced, one with Asperger's. Since this book was written in 2015, I'm not sure why Wilks' research didn't lead her to find that in 2013, the American Psychiatric Association officially started considering Asperger's as "part of one umbrella diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders." Granted, the character is 17 years old, so I guess ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Spider's Trap (Elemental Assassin, #13)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12)
  • Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin, #11)
  • Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)
  • The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)
  • Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • Bitter Bite (Elemental Assassin, #14)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
Eileen Wilks’ first book, a Silhouette Desire published in 1996, hit the USA Today Bestseller List and was nominated for Romantic Times' Best First Short Contemporary award. Since then, her books have appeared consistently on national bestseller lists. With thirty two books in print and novellas in nine anthologies, she has been a finalist in the prestigious Rita Awards three times, as well as ...more

World of the Lupi (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1)
  • Mortal Danger (World of the Lupi, #2)
  • Blood Lines (World of the Lupi, #3)
  • Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • Blood Magic (World of the Lupi, #6)
  • Blood Challenge (World of the Lupi, #7)
  • Death Magic (World of the Lupi, #8)
  • Mortal Ties (World of the Lupi, #9)
  • Ritual Magic (World of the Lupi, #10)
“I’m socially impaired. I get surprised all the time by people saying and doing irrational things. Take gay marriage. Why would some people get so upset that people they didn’t even know wanted to get married?”
“For the same reason men denied women the vote for so long. It threatens their status and their understanding of the world.”
She beamed, delighted that he saw it, too. “That’s right! I had to think and think to figure that out. Though I still don’t see why they’re so scared of changing their minds.”
“Because the world is a dangerous place. If it doesn’t work the way we believe it does, the danger becomes unmanageable.”
0 likes