Start by marking “Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)” as Want to Read:
Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)

Feel the Burn

(Dragon Kin #8)

War makes strange bedfellows.

I, Gaius Domitus, one-eyed rebel dragon king of the Provinces, know that better than most, since I have to fight off half my ungrateful family on a regular basis to keep law and order here in my lands. But I never expected to have to consort with a barbarian human woman.

Kachka is beautiful, if you like them fierce—and of course I do. But she
Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Published November 24th 2015 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Feel the Burn, please sign up.
Margarita Delgado I'm really hoping it will be The Rebel King. Who do you want it to be?

Start your review of Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)
Anne
Here's the thing: I don't like the Daughters of the Steppes.

description

All of the women and men in these books are annoying, brash, and selfish.
And I love them!
But for some reason, these Steppes just annoy the hell out of me. They come from a society that believes men are helpless, stupid, and too emotional to make their own decisions. Which, admittedly, sounds funny, right?!
And it is...for about 20 seconds. Until you realize that these women never really break their prejudice against men. So. Yeah, it's
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 I'm A Dragon, Hear Me Roar Stars

After a year's wait there the new Dragon Kin book was. Dragon Kin, the series with the dragon shifters, the series with the arrogant, crazy, high-handed, completely vain and absolutely hot heroes. The series with the demented, homocidal, independant and totally lovable heroines. One of my very favorite series and the new book was finally here and it was almost perfect. But not quite there.

Plotwise, this book was just as awesome as the previous. Aiken is building
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Let me count the ways I love this book…But if I feel like if I did that, we’d be here all day! FEEL THE BURN is book eight in the Dragon Kin series and I honestly feel that this series continues to get better with each book. Aiken’s books are always very funny and silly, a great thing when you need a new world to escape to. But in addition to that, I feel like Aiken has so much room to explore with this world and its characters.

No one ever thought that Gauis Domitus, the Rebel King and
Ivy Deluca
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description
The joy of family : Families - can’t kill ‘em (unless they really deserve it), but you can mock them and love them and know they’ll have your back. Unless they’re completely evil. Families are the same, whether they be different cultures, ethnicities, or species. That is the core message of the Dragon Kin series by Ms. Aiken and I love visiting this world each and every time I do it.

Love this series : Whenever I read the Dragon Kin series, I know there will be snarky humor, great action, some
Marta Cox
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
This series is a fabulous read and always such a crazy mixture of adventure , action, romance and delicious quirky humour. When I first began the journey it started out as a series of books that connected a larger than life family who just happened to be dragons! Yes that's right stuffy, arrogant , fire breathing , violent dragons who just happen to be the sexiest creatures imaginable ! Yet as the author has let her imagination run wild it's more then a run of the mill paranormal romance series ...more
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Audio March 2019: This is my favorite audio in the series. Everything is changing. Their are a lot of different voices, male and female, that this narrator has to do and she nailed it. I laughed, a lot! Great audio. Highly recommend series to read or listen.

Book Review 2015

Feel the Burn is book eight in the Dragon Kin series by G.A. Aiken.

This was absolutely a fabulous read! I was riveted from begging to end and Aiken had me laughing out loud throughout. It took me back to what I love in this
namericanwordcat
This book made me snort laugh. Just like her sister in the last book Kachka's deadpan delivery is so funny. You get the whole cast of characters from the series and this is wonderful.

The romance is slow building and hot.

The action is marvelous.

As must I loved seeing everyone and the series arc in this one is grand, I wanted more romance. I wanted more pages in the book.

But I am happy. I will go reread the last book now. Yep.

I was given this book for my honest review. So, there you have
Aly is so frigging bored
I loved it!

We know Gaius Domitus from way back and I always wanted his book. GA Aiken gave it to us and it's so good! We spend time with our favorite, past characters and we meet some new ones.

Some months(maybe years?) have passed since the last book and Elina, Kachka's sister, has a happy life with her dragon. Unfortunately Kachka is dying of boredom. When Annwyl gives her a task she's all for it! She just needs to gather a team from the Tribes(it's a great scene :D) to help her with it. After
ShoSho
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dragon Kin books are hit and miss for me. This one was an absolute hit for me.
I loved the fantasy adventure and action, my favorite genre at the moment. It was so good that I almost didn't miss the lack of romance.
The 8th book in Dragon Kin is Gaius Domitus the Iron king and Kachka's story. They spend a big chunk of book apart and there is no romance between them but I could feel their connection and their relationship. It might not have been overly romantic but it's solid and I loved how it
Beth
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just can’t get enough of the Dragonkin.

Feel the Burn is the hilarious story of the one eyed dragon, Gaius and the human warrior, Kachka.

Gaius, a dragon king, in a realm caught in civil war finds himself allying with the dragon Queen against a religious zealot foe lead by an avenging god. So, why does the barbarian warrior, Kachka ignite feelings he never thought he have…especially for a human?

Kachka, daughter of the steps and a ridiculously long name, doesn’t need a man. So why does the
Julia's Book Haven
This series is always a great read, G.A. Aiken is an amazing writer. She does humor, great characters, action, and steamy scenes so well! I loved Gaius and Kachka, they were so funny and good together. I espeically loved how literal Kachka is, I always love when characters are really literal and don't bother to lie or sugar coat things for other people's feelings. It makes for some really entertaining scenes. Another great thing about these books is there are always sooo many amazing supporting ...more
Ren Puspita
Re-Read

Still one of my favorite Dragon Kin book. I absolutely adore Gaius and Kachka together!

Also, I stated that in my original review that I hope Branwen and Aidan's book is not the last Dragon Kin book, but the truth is...it is :(. Since Aiken just inform reader from her newest newsletter that she now will write another book in the Dragon Kin world but will not feature the dragons. Ah alas! But she promised her readers that the dragons will make appearance here and there.

Original review
Douglas Meeks
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I usually have second thoughts many times when I give a 5 Star rating, wondering if I am grading it too easy. I had no such problems with this book. I started laughing on about page 5 and did not stop until the end of the book pretty much.

I did not read the last two books in this series because people that read them were not that enthused about them it seemed, this one gets the series back on track IMHO and brings all that insanity back including everybody's favorite insane Queen, Annwyl the
Emily
Kachka Shestakova is bored, as a Daughter of the Steppes she is feared by all. She is brutal, speaks bluntly, and is hating her new life as a cast out member of her tribe, despite doing it for her beloved sister. When Annwyl, the bloody Queen, sends her on a secretive mission she seeks help from her old tribe and begins the hunt for those she has been sent to destroy.

Kachka didn't expect to rescue, Gaius Domitus, one-eyed rebel dragon king. Gaius finds himself entertained by Kachka, she is
Darcy
So often I found myself laughing when reading this one. Part of it is the Cadwaladrs, who needle each other every chance they can. It makes for some fun reading. Then when you add in the Daughter of the Steppes, it makes for a mad house. I loved how the Daughters thought the dragons were soft for the way that they lived with their beds and people that bring them food. Then there was the way that Kachka has no filter or boundaries.

About the only thing better was Zoya and her hunt to find
Tori
A fantastic installment that proves once again that when it comes to PNR-Aiken/Laurenston is one of the reigning queens. I laughed and giggled so hard throughout this book. Though the humor reigns supreme; the action, intrigue, and suspense blend well with the continued evolution of the world, characters, and arc.
Nadia
*sigh*
I'm a happy reader now.
*sigh*

G.A.Aiken\Shelly Laurenston is one of my favorite PNR authors. Whether it's about bratty dragons, badass shifters or nutty warriors for the Norse pantheon, her stories are captivating and thrilling from the beginning, brimming with hilarious gems (like how in Feel the Burn the Daughters of the Steps refer to men in a disdainful manner as penis-havers -that one cracked me up) and awesome characters.

You literally can't but love these characters. They're so
Hollie
I have really liked this series so far, but this book just wasn’t a hit for me. It seemed to be missing the humor I enjoyed so much in the previous books. There were even a few times that I almost gave up on this one all together and declared it a DNF. It was ok, but just seemed to be missing that "spark" that others in the series had. I didn’t even really connect to the hero and heroine. They basically bored me. :( That being said, I will still check out future books in this series, even though ...more
Stephanie  G
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
For a Daughter of the Steppes, life isn't easy and that's how they like it. Kachka seeks glory in battle but has found only boredom in the Southlands. Luckily, she is finally given a mission to hunt down a dangerous religious group and if it ends in her death, may in be an honorable one.

Dragon King Gaius is on a mission of his own. To hunt down every one of his kinsman loyal to his dead tyrant uncle, most importantly, the viperous cousin that tortured his dear sister for so long. His hunt
Layla  is a Picky Reader
Edit: Sort of a 3.5.

__________________________________

OMG GAIUS! I love that dude! I'M SO HAPPY~

Hmmm and he's with Kachka, I don't know how I feel about that, I suspected this pairing in Light My Fire but it was a remote - remoooote posibility. Huh/ Well I hope it'll be fun anyways!
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I'm looking forward to Gaius, but eh, not so much Kachka. I didn't like Elina (was she sister to Kachka?), either way, it's another Daughter of the Steppes - I didn't like Elina's attitude and view of the world, so I doubt I'll like this chick. I will read it for Gaius & his badass sister of doom.
MostlyDelores

Silly and largely forgettable, although I do enjoy an all-female barbarian horde.
Lady Jaye
After reading, I stand by my earlier statement that it appears the publisher and/or author is milking the series for revenue because neither this book nor the primary protagonists in it was in any way, shape, or form essential to the overarching plot. Said overarching plot moved forward very marginally, if at all. If it was necessary to publish a story about Gaius, this could very well have been a novella.

The entire premise of this book was that Kachka (by virtue of being a "fierce warrior" with
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
FEEL THE BURN. Burn marks on the cover? Is that saying I will get a legit claiming this book? The last few have been 'We don't need a wooing, let's just get it done. You know you want me, I want you, no need to make this special. It's no biggie. Boom, done.' (Izzy and Eibhear) OR no claiming (Kieta and Ragnar) OR a pansy little burn mark. I want the kind of claiming like Annwyl and Rhiannon's. Actually, on closer inspection, it looks like a tattoo. Pity.

If this is seriously Branwen's story I
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: w2rs
Well, it was simply fantastic. The beginning was a bit shaky at first but it quickly turned into one of the best stories in this series. I love the fact we still get the original family but now we're branching out an getting more dragons an humans involved as main characters without being overwhelmed. I'm not giving any spoilers away, just be prepared to laugh an enjoy the ride with this one because it's a bit of a curveball.

My one complaint is that the writing at certain parts didn't flow as
Saly
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This series is straight-up crazy and it is difficult to keep track of the whole cast so to say but I still like it. Its plots are convoluted as hell and time-jumps and not the fairytale romances you expect but they are never boring!
Sandy S
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing

About the book: Release Date November 24, 2015

War makes strange bedfellows.

Kachka is beautiful, if you like them fierce—and of course I do. But she keeps complaining about how spoiled and decadent I am, and how a feared
Laurie
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, kindle, arc
One of my go to authors, G.A. Aiken never fails to entertain me, and Feel The Burn was no exception though it wasn’t my favorite in the Dragon Kin series. The romance seemed to take a back seat to the rest of the story and that was disappointing. I did love seeing all my favorites from the preceding books so it made up for it…..somewhat.

Kachka, Elina’s sister and a Rider from the Outerplains, is the h for this book. She’s strong and fierce like all the Riders, which is usually how I like my h’s,
Kahea

I seriously ADORE the battle-fuck outta this series.

The world is immense and I need a family tree just to keep all the crazy ass characters straight, but it’s one of those series that I expect to be overwhelmed by it all, laugh out loud at the over the top antics of the characters and love every second of it and Feel the Burn delivered all of that and more. I snickered, snorted and laughed out loud almost the entire time. Had a few WTF moments then remembered that anything really does go in
Sofia
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
The eighth book in the Dragon Kin series will blow you away!

Gaius Domitus, aka the one eyed Rebel dragon King, wants his vengeance but to get it he will have to ally with an insane Queen and her even more insane assassin, Kachka.

Kachka is a deadly human who has no respect for the Rebel King and she’s not afraid to voice her opinion. Leader of her own team of fierce yet hilarious assassins, she is tasked with eliminating a group of extremists who have targeted the Queen and have as a leader the
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Narrator 2 16 Sep 23, 2017 08:32PM

• Everlasting Bad Boys (Dragon Kin, #0.1)
  • The Undoing (Call of Crows, #2)
  • Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6)
  • Bite Me (Pride, #9)
  • The Unyielding (Call of Crows, #3)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • The Unleashing (Call of Crows, #1)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)
  • The Mane Event (Pride, #1)
  • The Beast in Him (Pride, #2)
  • Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1)
  • Go Fetch! (Magnus Pack, #2)
  • When He Was Bad (includes Magnus Pack, #3.5)
  • Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1)
A.K.A. Shelly Laurenston

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, Originally from Long Island, New York, lives on the West Coast and spends most of her time writing and making sure her rescued Pittie doesn’t love everyone into a coma. When she’s not writing about sexy dragons, she’s writing about sexy wolf, lion, tiger, and other fang-filled predators under the name Shelly

Dragon Kin (9 books)
  • Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • The Dragon Who Loved Me (Dragon Kin, #5)
  • How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (Dragon Kin, #6)
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
  • Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin, #9)
“True, men were mostly useless, but they served their purpose: trash removal, child rearing, and breeding.” 3 likes
“Me? Kachka, you love me!” “I love your beauty. I have no use for you personally. You represent all that we hate.” “Why do you talk to him so?” Elina asked. “He cannot help that he is beautiful but worthless.” “I am not worthless! I am Gwenvael the—” “We do not care, lizard!” Kachka barked.” 3 likes