Start by marking “Trust Me, I'm Trouble (Trust Me, #2)” as Want to Read:
Trust Me, I'm Trouble (Trust Me, #2)

Trust Me, I'm Trouble

(Trust Me #2)

Staying out of trouble isn’t possible for Julep Dupree. She has managed not to get kicked out of her private school, even though everyone knows she’s responsible for taking down a human-trafficking mob boss—and getting St. Agatha’s golden-boy Tyler killed in the process. Running cons holds her guilty conscience at bay, but unfortunately, someone wants Julep to pay for her ...more
Published October 13th 2015 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Trust Me, I'm Trouble, please sign up.
Mary Summer It will indeed! I'm working on it now, along with a few other things, so stay tuned. ;-)

Elise (TheBookishActress)
this is really good if any of you are looking for a good middle-YA spy novel that happens to have a great morally grey main character and some sapphic girls!! unfortunately, I am not looking for Middle YA at this moment or possibly ever again and would prefer to finish something I feel super compelled to read.
Dahlia
NEW FAVE CANON F/F YA SHIP! NEW FAVE CANON F/F YA SHIP! THIS IS A VERY BIG DEAL.

For real, I am obsessed with Julep and Dani like whoa, and I raced through this book and need the next one like burning.
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Boricuan Bookworms- Book Reviews

Trust Me, I’m Trouble definitely surprised me. This book was ALL ABOUT THE CONS and I ate it all up.

I think what pulled me into this book (and kept me there) were the multitudes of red herrings placed almost everywhere in the story. It was a wild ride trying to decipher who was responsible, who did what, and if I should trust what X person said. I definitely loved feeling at the edge of my seat; it was so refreshing.

I liked Julep so much more in this book because
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
I absolutely love this series, It's sassy, clever and incredibly entertaining. Our young heroine in sixteen year old Julep is a grifter, or con artist if you will. After her mother left her and her father behind, she followed in her father's footsteps, running schemes through her private school and fleecing wealthy teens of their spare change. In Trust Me, I'm Lying, Julep was involved in finding clues her father had left her, stumbling into a Ukrainian organised crime ring that was trafficking ...more
Lea
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That is all. Thank you.
imts

No! No, no, no, no, no! I don't ship it; I don't, I don't!

I'm not saying it's a bad ship, I'm just saying I shipped something completely different to the outcome. The storyline, however, was as incredible as the last book, and now I am craving more of this series.

Oh, if only that ship hadn't sailed...
Moonlight
*Received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*
description

Such a disappointing sequel, I was expecting something very different, and so sadly I had to DNF at 75%. But this cover is brilliant! It is so dark and mysterious.

After taking down a mob boss, Julep has had a nerve-wracking time ensuring she, and those around her are safe. But when she takes on a new case, Julep cannot help but become obsessed with 'the blue fairy'. But as Julep gets closer, the closer to danger she gets.

Julep. In this
Colette
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book took me ages to get through. For some reason it just didn't catch me like the first book did. I hope the rest of the series gets better. Overall 1.5/5 stars; however, I would definitely recommend the first book in the series!
Dory

Trust Me, I'm trouble is Mary Elizabeth Summers second book in her thrilling series. Each one getting better than the last. This review will sound critical, but you don’t know that I would hand deliver these books right to your doorstep so you would have a chance to read these great works! TRUST ME, IM TROUBLE was a book that was hard to get into due to having almost a year between reading TRUST ME, IM LYING and TRUST ME, IM TROUBLE. Yet, as soon as you remember who the characters and exactly h
Anisaa
Book sequels can be spotty—either really good, eh okay or completely horrible, but they’re never usually better than the first book. Trust me, I’m Trouble, the sequel to Trust Me, I’m Lying, completely blew me away. It had me like:

giphyd

This book completely dominated the first one! The first book was good, but it wasn’t my favorite. I liked it enough to buy the second book, and I’m SO glad that I did! The second book made me fall in LOVE with the series, and has me rooting for a third.

Heroine: Jule
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*Copy provided in exchange for an honest review*
"If I could give fledling con artists one piece of advice, it would be this: tacos."
SOLD! (Tacos are my ultimate food weakness) I am now a fledling con artist, right?
Anyway, that is just a sneak peek of how amazing Mary's writing is. I am obsessed with her story telling skills. Her characters are incredibly realistic and her plots are mind racking.
This book was hilarious, suspenseful, action-packed and heart-breaking.
I am still in mourning over one
The Book Jar Blog
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Read more of our reviews at: www.thebookjarblog.wordpress.com

This book is a fun mystery-action with a really strong YA protagonist. Do you ever find a character who you wish could be your best friend? Julep is that one for me! She's spunky, feisty and she honest (well as honest as a con-artist can be). This book takes off right where the first one ends with Julep getting into sticky situations that she probably shouldn't be in. The writing is fresh and quick with a lot of great scenes that are l
Olivia
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
kory.
#1 Trust Me, I'm Lying ★★★★★
#2 Trust Me, I'm Trouble ★☆☆☆☆

One) Veronica would never
Two) Everyone deserves better than Julep
Three) Ableism isn't cool

Okay, let's get into it.

I'm gonna start with this: if you're looking for a good f/f relationship *cough* because a popular YA author praised this book for having one *cough* you're going to be disappointed.

A sixteen year old con artist and a nineteen year old mob enforcer who don't even get together, who spend the whole book dancing around their fee
Michelle Wrona
This review can also be found on A Thousand Lives Lived, check it out for more! Head onto it right now for a giveaway of this marvellous story!

Mary Elizabeth Summer has once again done it. AGH. Trust Me, I'm Trouble, is one of those books that you'll adore even if there are some boring parts, which there had been. It's enjoyable, fresh and takes place right after the bat after the first book, which I really enjoyed. What could you expect from this glorious novel? Action, pleasure and a full-on m
Stephanie Ward
4.5 Stars

'Trust Me, I'm Trouble' is the riveting second book in a young adult suspense series. The story continues to follow our main character, Julep, as she goes about her normal teenage life - along with her side business of taking cases for those who need her services and continuing to con people. She's still attending St. Agatha's, which is a miracle in her eyes - seeing how she recently took down a mob boss and accidentally getting the school's golden boy killed. A new case presents itself
Abooktopia
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Trust Me, I’m Trouble is an incredibly engaging, sassy, intense and wonderfully written entertaining mystery filled with adventure and the perfect blend of bittersweet romance. – Abooktopia

This book was a riveting sequel that I loved with its sassy and incredibly entertaining characters. Trust Me, I’m Trouble, is a beautiful young adult suspense series that continues to follow our main protagonist, Julep, as she continues to go about her seemingly ‘normal’ life whil
Kylara Jensen
I am absolutely horrible at reading sequels, especially YA sequels. Even books I super love, not to mention books I like or books that are ok. It's just, I read so many books and months go by before the sequel comes out and by then I'm just not really interested anymore.

I love books about con artists and thieves etc. and I liked Trust Me, I'm Lying. Unfortunately I don't remember it super well, but I remembered enough to start this book. Which feels very different than the first book, but like I
Bea (Beatrice Learns To Read)
I received a copy of this book from Random House Children’s via NetGalley for my participation in the blog tour. By no means have my review been affected and/or influenced.

OMG!!!!! WORDS MY CAN’T FIND I— Trust Me, I’m Trouble just put the series to a whole new level and I’m still hyped after reading it! More plot twists, more romance, more everything!

Months after the events from Trust Me, I’m Lying, we’re taken back to Julep’s world of grifting. With Sam gone to military school, Julep sets up a
Tiffani
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Trust Me, I'm Trouble is the second book in a series by Mary Elizabeth Summer about a young grifter who goes by the name Julep Dupree. It picks up not long after the events of the first book, Trust Me, I'm Lying, with Julep now living with a foster family and grieving over the loss of a friend. She's still taking on cases only now her client base extends beyond the halls of her private Catholic high school. When a woman asks for her help in finding out how her husband became an embezzler, Julep ...more
Jim From YAYeahYeah
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Julep is back in a book that, like her first appearance, is a fun read which kept me entertained. I have to admit I think overall I preferred the first - this one was too implausible even for me at times - but on the plus side the romance here, as she falls for another girl, is wonderful and I loved seeing them together. As in book 1, the main story is tied up but there's a huge twist for J at the end. If there's a 3rd, I'll definitely read.
Kayla Sharee
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
I will admit, I could have had a better attitude about this. I remember really liking Trust Me, I'm Lying the first time I read it. But the second time I felt more meh, and since I was feeling meh about the first one, I wasn't really looking forward to reading this one right afterwards. I think now, that if I had read the back flap about the author first, I would have been able to predict Julep's new love interest for this novel. Unfortunately I didn't, and felt a little blind-sided/confused. Ju ...more
Andrea
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up until way after 4am to finish this book because I kept telling myself I'd just read one more chapter. I love Julep and her Minions, I love the humor and the romance, and I'm still reeling from that ending. I honestly did not see that coming... This book was both hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time, and I can't wait to see where this is all going to lead.
Christine
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I did not enjoy this sequel as much. I didn't care for the romance twist and I got a bit lost with the plot probably because it didn't hold my interest enough to read it in a day like I usually do with most books. If it's easy for me to put down and forget about it....

M
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those rare, but beautiful times where a sequel is better than the original. The original was great, but this took it up a few notches. The characters were more comfortable, I think, and while Julep retains that youthful voice, she's more sure of herself, too.

Loved it!
Trisha
Straight up solid mystery novel, full of snark and suspense.

Review to come on Reading Time.
Fayrouz
Feb 22, 2015 marked it as to-read
OCTOBER?????? OCTOBER WHAT????? I WANT THIS NOW I DON’T EVEN CARE
Bekah (WillBakeforBooks)
A slightly disappointing sequel. :(
Rohan Kinraid
Jun 15, 2015 marked it as to-read
I NEED THIS BOOK NOW!!!!!
Blow Pop

• Trust Me (Find Me, #3)
  • The Fall
  • Found
  • The Color of Lies
  • Jane Doe and the Cradle of All Worlds (Jane Doe Chronicles #1)
  • Astray (Gated, #2)
  • Nearly Found (Nearly Gone, #2)
  • The Rift
  • The Chaos of Now
  • The Disappearance of Sloane Sullivan
  • Jinxed (Jinxed, #1)
  • Girl in the Window
  • Wilder Country (Winter, #2)
  • Remember
  • Follow Me (The Amateurs, #2)
  • High and Dry
Mary Elizabeth Summer is an instructional designer, a mom, a champion of the serial comma, and a pie junkie. Oh, and she sometimes writes books about teenage delinquents saving the day. She lives in Portland, Oregon with her daughter, her partner, and her evil overlor–er, cat. TRUST ME, I'M LYING, a YA mystery, will be released by Delacorte in Fall 2014.

Trust Me (2 books)
  • Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me, #1)
“Knowing is a far cry from witnessing.” 1 likes