Start by marking “Night Call (Night Fever, #2)” as Want to Read:
Night Call (Night Fever, #2)

Night Call

(Explicitly Yours #2)

The devil wasn't born; he was made.

With their dream within grasp, Johnny and Lola make an offer on Hey Joe—only to discover a million dollars doesn’t go as far as they’d thought. As the price of the bar rises and expenses pile up, Lola begins to question if this is what she really wants.

Lola knows she can solve their problems with one phone call, but she may risk going to
Published November 11th 2014

Start your review of Night Call (Night Fever, #2)
K
5 STARS!!!!!

Oh my god, I forgot about how much I love Beau and Lola. I missed them so much!

“I would buy you over and over again, Lola, but I would never sell you. Not to see every dollar bill in the world stacked at my feet.”

The explosive ending and revelation just blew my mind.
I didn’t see the plot twist coming and it kinda hurt my heart.
A lot.

‘He was everything.
There was a word for that—it was love.’

It’s gut-wrenching!
It’s crazy!
It’s phenomenal!

‘What she felt for Beau was new, but already it s
TF

Shelves: e-books
3,5 stars
Christine B
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Johnny & Lola dreams are within reach now, they have never had so much money, however as they dive into the cost of everything she finding out its not enough. All Lola needs to do is make a phone call, cause Beau has been constantly on her mind and communicating how he wants more of her. When she tells Johnny this he doesn't stop her nor talk her out of it. Lola wants this she is saying its for their future when reality Beau has touch her in ways no other has and its no longer about the money.

"G
Christina
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
no work for me today...I amazed by this story
Karen111
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
**3.5 stars**

I enjoyed it more than the first book, but the reveal at the end was more than a little bit odd. Seriously?!

The chemistry is still a little 'off' for me, but in light of recent events, I now see why.

It's no 'Cityscape', but still a decent read, and I will continue with this series.
Siqahiqa
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don’t like the story but I still want to know what happen to Lola and Beau, also Lola and Johnny. In this book, Lola admits she is falling in love with Beau but at the end of the story, something happens that makes Lola think like Beau is taking revenge on her.

So I’ll continue to read their story in the third book, Provocation.

Becky
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I honestly don’t understand what on earth is happening in this series? I finished this one confused and then tried to start reading the next and became even more confused. I will be abandoning this series because it just doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere other than in circles, the characters are tolerable at best, and the love story is beyond puzzling.
Nadine ShelfLove
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-romance
FULL REVIEW POSTED!!

4.5 Unforgiving Stars

"Give me that too, Lola. Something no one else has. When I'm inside you tonight, when I take you, I want to know something about you he doesn't."

Dang, talk about an alpha! Beau is one heck of one. Hawkins wrote the second book in her fever series even steamier and more intriguing than I'd have thought. I can honestly say that with this book she has fully caught my interest and hooked me hundred percent on her story.

In Night Fever, book #1 (read my review
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

I enjoyed Night Fever, enjoyed the dynamic of the story, the thought of one night for a million dollars. What would you do if you could have one night? Have you ever played that game for a million dollars would you ____? Most times the answer is always yes without thinking of the consequences. In Night Call we see what those consequences are.

What happens in the morning light? What happens after you had one night? Will yo
Vivian
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I would buy you over and over again, Lola, but I would never sell you. Not to see every dollar bill in the world stacked at my feet." -Beau.

Beau and Lola's delicious story continues. There is this undeniable connection between Lola and Beau that easily translates within this story. The writing and the narration hammer that connection home with this second book. When they're apart, you can feel the pull they have towards each other. And when they're together...combustible! Their growing fee
Tara Marie
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is AMAZING!! It's got me wrapped up in more knots than book one did and there's no sign of unwrapping me yet!

We pick up where book one left off, the feelings Lola has are muddy and she is unsure where her life is going. Unable to deny the feelings she has for beau and keep the feelings she has for Johnny separate are taxing.

Johnny tries to be ok with everything, but in the light of day that may not happen. Lola's thought s return to the one night she had with beau and she can't seem
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

Fabulous sequel to Night Fever, but I am now desperate for the final in the series. I hope Ms Hawkins is busy writing to quell that need!

I enjoyed the first book a lot, but this is even better. Once again the dialogue in Lola's head is so vital to the story, and Johnny's reactions to the events of the previous book are excellent. We are introduced to Brigitte, Beau's sister, and she has quite an interesting role to play.
kat
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
if there's something i love about jessica hawkins, is the way she writes male characters.

manning from the something in the way series, completely destroyed my vision of men in real life forever. i always love to read the serious and mysterious type of heroes, and beau is one of a kind. although i couldn't reallyreally connect with any character, i kind of liked the storyline but i'd have liked beau to be more mature and not have been carried away by something really stupid. plot twist, it made m
Attack Salmon
WHY DOES JESSICA HAWKINS HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME ? WHY WHY?

I too like Lola have been (view spoiler). I was too busy swooning over how hot he is and how he is so head over heels over Lola. (view spoiler)

I can't help but hate Bo a little but I also can't help myself to not swoon over him. Of course big props to Lola as well for being so strong and able to stand up to Bo. (view s
Katherine
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
That ending!!!! Ahhhhhhh
Misty Walker
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🎧audio review🎧

How can Jessica do this to me???

This is book 2 in the series and of course, ends with a cliffhanger. In this book we continue with the Beau/Lola/Johnny saga, Beau gave Lola the option of a second night and Lola and Johnny quickly realize that 1 million isn’t enough for what they need. This leads to them accepting the second night and from there... wow.

Secrets revealed, drama ensues and emotions run high. And we are left hanging, wondering where it can go from here and who do we wa
Aimie
Just when you thought this series couldn’t get any better.
This story is absolutely consuming me. Amazing! My only fault would be they just aren’t long enough. I don’t want it to end!!!
Can’t wait to delve into book number 3.
Jessica Hawkins is rapidly becoming one of my favourite Authors. 5+ stars 🤩
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Ok, this book has gone beyond the "indecent Proposal" story line. Things are heating up between Lola and Beau and it turns out there's a lot more between them then just the money. A little glimpse into Beau's past may change everything between them. I can't wait to jump into the next book to see what's going to happen.
Melissa Crump
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is packing all the punches!!! Another phenomenal book in this series! I’m still on the edge of my seat. Beau is so swoon worthy, drool worthy and melts everything you wear. The chemistry is electric and the stakes are high. Fabulous!
Joelle Yates
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not to sure about the third person way this story is told especially when listening to it. Plot twist at the end seems to me it could have been for a better reason. A turn down seems a little too far fetched for this extent of betrayal. Onto Provocation to see if revenge or Lola wins.
Rebecca Wheatley
Emotional read. Twisted history reveal.
Kate T.
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OH.MY.GOD.

Lola is my absolute QUEEN.
Tina Manuel
Still don't like Johnny.
Holly Price
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Night Call is book #2 in the Night Fever Serial. If you missed my review for Night Fever, check it out at http://www.fierceandfabbookdiva.com/r....

What you need to know immediately: This series is freaking amazing and you need to stop wasting time and just get it. Do you like romance? Do you like prefer books to contain a high steam factor? Does a cocky, super-hot, rich and mysterious man in a suit do it for you? The Night Fever series has all of that and so much more.

I am a huge puddle of de
Angela Shrum
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ask yourself this: "If you spent one incredible, life-altering moment with a stranger, then had to let it go and return to normal with your boyfriend, would you be able to forget and move on?"

Answer? = If that life-altering moment was with Beau Oliver? HELL NO!

Book Cover: 4/5
Book Summary: 4.5/5
Book Turnout: 4.5/5

So this is part 2 of the Night Fever serial by the lovely Miss Jessica Hawkins. I made this little banner after I read the first part, just to show who I visualized in the parts:

And
Sakura

Beau , alpha extraordinaire. He keeps turning the heat up and this book is scorching hot!
So this is book two, the second round for Lola and Beau. Last we saw, the arrangement had come to a close and they went their separate ways. The end… Yeah, right!

Beau proposed a continuation to their steamy business pact. Lola was able to go through with it once
Lisa
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an arc of this book.

Night Call picks up where Night Fever leaves off. Lola and Johnny made a decision for their future, but soon find it wasn't enough. Lola already gave up a part of herself to Beau. How many more pieces does she need to give away before there's no turning back?

GOOD GOD!! This book... that ending... ! ! ! !
From the first sentence, this book had a slow burn that gradually increased until the ending where it was a raging inferno and it felt like my heart might beat rig
Angie
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

So I almost gave up reading the first book and was glad I didn’t. After reading this book I am REALLY glad I didn’t. Holy crap! I loved this book. I was so curious to see what would happen the next day. To see if anything changed in anyone’s lives. If you would feel different or if your partner would. Holy cow, I don’t want to give anything away but it was good, really, really good. I cannot wait for the next in
Veronica
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this books to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Night call begins the morning after and we get to see how Lola and Jason deal with the repercussions of their decision. The indecent proposal scenario that seemed so simple is far more complicated that either of them realises. With the questions of whether or not Lola will provide Beau with a repeat performance everything starts to change.

Lola's relationship with Beau develops and we are left with another interesting cliffh
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Desire (The Dark Christmases Trilogy Book 2)
  • Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Rivalry (Slay Quartet, #1)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • His (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • Make Me Yours (Billionaire's Sub, #2)
  • Devotion (The Hunted, #4)
  • The Deal (Arranged Series #1)
  • The Choice (Arranged Series #3)
  • The Secret (Arranged Series #2)
  • Midnight Kingdom (King of Shadows, #3)
  • Secret (Betrothed #9)
  • Truth (Betrothed #10)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Eruption (The Hunted, #3)
  • Teacher (Voyeur, #6)
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)

Explicitly Yours (5 books)
  • Possession (Explicitly Yours, #1)
  • Addiction (Explicitly Yours, 2.5)
  • Provocation (Explicitly Yours, #3)
  • Obsession (Explicitly Yours, #4)

News & Interviews

“He’d chosen her because he was a man who knew what he wanted.” 0 likes
“I’m not Johnny. I don’t waver in my decisions. I don’t backtrack. I don’t put anything on your shoulders if I can help it. If I could do this part for you, I would.” 0 likes