Start by marking “A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)

A Walk Through Fire

(Through Hell and Back #1)

Years after running away from an abusive foster family, Asher Davis still struggles with the guilt of leaving his foster brothers behind. He’s climbed to unimaginable heights as a ruthless, high-powered attorney, creating a life of power and control and takes whatever and whomever he wants.

Blaming himself for the death of his parents, Dr. Drew Klein retreats into a shell o
Published November 25th 2014 by Loose Id (first published November 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Walk Through Fire, please sign up.
Felice Stevens The next book is Luke's story and is due to be released on
February 24th…more
The next book is Luke's story and is due to be released on
February 24th(less)

Start your review of A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)
Gigi
I was very, very excited for this one, considering author Felice Stevens' debut novel Rescued was one of my favorite reads this year. I did enjoy A Walk Through Fire, but not nearly as mush as I enjoyed Rescued.

A Walk Through Fire is the story of a lonely, recently divorced man name Dr. Drew Klein. He makes buckets of money as a plastic surgeon and has decided to open a free clinic to help young, abused teens find help when their parents and the foster system fails them. He feels this new projec
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
3-3.5 STARS

Asher Davis is a successful lawyer. He has power, money and everything anyone dreams, but he is so unhappy. Abused for years physically and sexually by his foster father, who was supposed to care for him and to love him like any parent, Asher is damaged. After so many years, he is still struggles with his guilt of leaving his foster brother behind. He not only has anxiety attacks when he remembers his childhood, but he cuts himself because he thinks he needs to suffer. A lonely man, h
~Mindy Lynn~
$0.99 on Amazon 7/17/17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3.5*

This book was high in emotions and angst. There were events that took place in both MC lives that were heartbreaking. They both have issues they need to overcome from their past and both are quite lonely in life.

Drew lost his parents in a car accident and has been silently dealing with guilt from it considering they were visiting him after he expressed how lonely he was and how much he missed them. Drew has two really great
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Might contain spoilers* ⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I had high hopes for this one BUT no expectations as I've been having bad luck for so damn long. I am surprised at the potential the book had and I am a little disappointed with story. However it was still alright. Book one in ‘Through Hell and Back’ centers around ruthless and high-powered attorney Asher ‘Ash’ Davis (in his thirties?) and Dr. Drew ‘D’ Klein (in his thirties? 34? 36?).
“Asher, my son. Let go of your past. It’s the only way you
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

Feel the future, live it, and embrace who you are. Accept that you are needed, wanted, and loved.

What can I say about this book? There are a bunch of things that I can tick off on a list as to why this book shouldn't have worked for me....but you know what....it did! And the best way I can explain it is that something in the writing just had "it" for me. An addicting quality that drew me in easily.

I've read plenty of books that had all the right ingredients; endearing c
Chris
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-contemporary
Oh lord that was intense. I devoured this book and read it from beginning to end. Did I like Ash and his smarmy attitude? Nope not really ....BUT it all made sense - the" I'll get you before you get me" vibe. Drew on the other hand was patient, warm and kind however he was a real pushover and needed to step up and be his own man. This was a real journey & discovery of life for these MCs and their family and friends and this honesty resonated with me. Yes there were moments of frustration and ann ...more
Cadiva
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five brutal heart breaking stars

Oh Felice Stevens you know how to wrench every bit of emotion from someone. This book is brutal and heart breaking but it's also uplifting and heart warming.

It's about pain and loss, joy and hope, second chances at life and new beginnings. It's about finding family and learning how to let yourself be loved.

Asher and Drew are a magnificent pairing, both men bowing under the weight of their past, both men capable of bearing the weight of the other's fears.

That I cou
Debra
I really liked this book! There was a lot going on (and I don't want to spoil anything) and a lot of things that could have bothered me, but it all came together and worked for me.

Both men have issues, especially Asher. Past abuse and guilt over those that he left behind when he left the foster care system have caused him to shut down emotionally. Drew is getting divorced and is also consumed by guilt. When Ash gets involved with the clinic that Drew and his friends are starting to help abused
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧

2 STARS cuz.....I HAd ISSuEs WiTH ThIS BoOk

This love story was sweet. But....I had issues.....

My issues....

1. I really couldn't feel the chemistry at first meet. but, thank goodness they eventually connected with sweetness.

2. I was a little lost with due to some IMO missing info.

3. The writing style......hummmm, some parts of the story felt like present tense other parts not. This style did not work for me.

4. (view spoiler) which was so not
Annery
Reread/listen 12/11/19 - 12/12/19 & Upped to full 5. I enjoyed it just as much or more the 2nd time around. No ands, ifs, or buts.

I decided to revisit this, and the subsequent books, before reading The Miracle, as a refresher, and I'm so glad I did. I wanted to be invited to Esther's (Drew's grandmother) on a Sunday, have some latkes and a chat at her kitchen table. I regretted my harsh thoughts about Jordan. Overall I loved being swept away in Drew & Ashe's almost epic romance, I was happy to r
Gabi
May 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
***The following review contains spoilers, proceed with caution.

It was like the author had a spreadsheet full with bullet points of what the MC's had to talk about, which is fine. Every author should have a plan. That's not the problem.
But between those talking points there wasn't any transition. Sometimes they jumped from topic to topic.
It felt forced and very fabricated to me.

There were so many time skips. Days/weeks/months missing. And not just that, but there were these little scenes, for e
Lelyana
There's no secret that I loved and enjoyed Felice writing style. Loved her first book.
But this one was very angsty for me, especially at the ending. I was crying like a baby, and questioning, why??? Whyyy?????

I think chapter 26 shouldn't have to be there, it's like a bummer for me.
I mean, c'mon...why did Drew so stupid like that?

I love the slow burn between Ash and Drew. The whole story was great.
But I wish I never read chapter 26. It was a big disappointment for me though

Don't worry about the
Ele
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Damn...this one broke my heart...but put it back together:)Well i do not have much to say other that i love the author's work and she is becoming my new auto buy.
What i would really like to add is that this book had so many interesting secondary characters: Luke and Brandon ( i seriously felt an unfinished story there) and even Jordan.I really,really, REALLY hope that the author gives them and us the story they deserve.
Marion
I'm calling this at 41%. DNF.
There are just too many things that are inconsistent. Plus, I still can't stand Ash.
No rating, but if I was, so far it's a two star read for me.
Fabi
DNF @36%

I love the idea of the plot. But the telling of it is very choppy. I often felt like I was missing big chunks out of a scene because the characters would about-face with no apparent reason.

The characters themselves were very one-dimensional. I didn't get to know them because I was told about them instead of introduced to them and shown their character by the things they do or say or think.

I understood what the author tried to do with this plot. Again, I loved the idea. But the execution
Denise H.
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible story telling by Felice Stevens !!
Deeply thought-filled characters, emotional and heartfelt feelings, and well done M/M hot sexiness, wow !!
Life is complicated and we all have issues. It's how we deal with them and who we surround ourselves with that matters. Honesty, understanding, patience, compassion, acceptance and true love are all here to enjoy.
Realistic characters and a heart wrenching tale are so vividly written and will hold your attention to the end. I loved Asher and Dr
haletostilinski
So, I don't know, but for the most part, this didn't do it for me. For me, there was just something missing.

For the most part, I enjoyed it and was into it, and at times Ash and Drew did make me feel things, especially the first half of the book - which is interesting, as they don't sleep together until like 60%, but a lot of the sex scenes did nothing for me -- actually none of them did anything for me. I actually felt more when they were in denial and resisting each other, but the sex was so.
1-Click Addict Support Group
What pain lurks under the surface…

A smiling face can hide so much as not everyone wears their pain where others can easily see. Emotions may come out in different ways – in actions and roads not taken. Even an a**hole may not be what he seems.

Asher Davis and Drew Klein are both professional and sexy, successful and confident. On the surface they are very different (please see a**hole comment earlier) yet little do they realize they also share feelings of pain and loneliness, of grief and guilt.
Raj
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I would have scored this book a solid 5 if the plot line was more concise.It was just all over the place.A police man & a couple of lawyers were aware that a minor was being sexually & physically abused daily yet this was allowed to continue resulting in other major events occurring in the book.

One of the male leads in the book had suffered major abuse himself years ago & as a result self mutilated himself because he felt guilt over leaving his fellow foster brothers to undergo the same torture
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A very enjoyable MM romance that shows the outside persona often covers up a soft, maybe damaged, lovable inside.

Asher was abused as a child and after he escaped he wanted two things: success and to find his foster brothers who he had to leave behind. He doesn't believe in love or relationships -- until he meets Drew.

Drew is a sweetheart, a doctor, and apparently straight. But Drew is exactly what Asher needs - Drew and his grandmother, whom Asher falls in love with.

I read book three a while
Tina
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it

Well written hurt/comfort read. Loved Drew and Ash (omg... he is so broken, what he went through made me so sad and angry). (view spoiler)

Now on to the second book of the series, it's Jordan-the-prick and Luke's story.
Roger - president of NBR United -
My goodness I wish I read this sooner even though it took me to find Asher a moving character he did find redemption but Jordy a secondary character was really the one who needed to be redeemed and I am sorry it came at the price of the death of his boyfriend. I loved Drew's Nana a holocaust survivor full of love and wisdom.
Candice
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARGH! How in the fork am I going to rate this one? Felice Stevens, if you are reading this, don't mind my ramblings. They are just that. I'm gonna have to talk this one out.

So, Stevens is not a new author to me. I adored Rescued and after I read this blurb, I KNEW it wasn't going to be anything like that cutesy book. I was right. Holy smokes.

Ash. You were kind of a prick, but I understood. There was never a point in this story where I didn't like you. I DID want to hear more. I wanted to talk th
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
2.5 stars.

What's the point of this book. I dislike both guys. I have the sequel if it's not good. This author is going on my Author I Don't Fawk With List.

Okay I think I got book 1 & 2 on sale somewhere. I don't think this author and I get along well. It started off with a lot of potential and then Asher turned into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. 90% of his actions were uncalled for. I did not see what Drew found interesting at all. Now I like damaged calls like the next person, and sure Asher was dam
Tracy Perry
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart... I loved this book the first time around & I love it even more now revised & with new content. I still found it gut wrenching & heartbreaking .... I cried a lot :( I forgot Ash was an a**hole first when we meet him in book, it that changes throughout & I love him lots :) My heart hurts for him so much! I loved Drew right away, Nana, who wouldn't love her?! Oh & Jordan... So sad... I can't wait for rerelease of his book & the continuation of of this one! ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
***Copy provided in exchange of an honest review***

Tracy: This was an amazing read. These characters, especially Ash really do take A Walk Through Fire.

Drew is lost, and lonely. He wants someone, to be with someone, but the people he chooses never make him feel whole. He feels alone in the world, even in a room full of friends and family.

Ash is angry, he can be a cruel, and heartless SOB. He uses men for sex, and then just tosses them aside after, but really he is also lost, alone, scared and a
Love Bytes Reviews
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Amber

Holy SHOCKER ending, Batman!!!! I don’t even know what to say other than….WHAT????

So, let me preface this review by saying that I had absolutely no idea this was going to be a series. None. After I read the final word, I went to Goodreads to see if anyone else felt as rebuffed as I. Lo and behold, this is supposedly going to be a series. THANK GOD!!! I have so many questions that I need the answers to. If this was a standalone, with no follow up, then my review wouldn’t be
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Walk Through Fire tells the story of Asher Davis and Dr Drew Klein. Ash is high power lawyer and Drew plastic surgeon who walks away from the money to start clinic for abused children. I adore the way these to men meet, it was really well done and the thing that brought them together tied in so well with the past Ash has fought so hard to keep buried.

Asher and Drew have wonderful banter and they truly form an unexpected friendship; I thoroughly enjoyed watching this developed.

This book craft
Ricardo
Sep 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF

Hmmm, let me try and explain why I did not finish this book. Ash is the consumate playboy, fucking anything that moves (male), refusing to spend more than a couple of hours in the company of his conquests and the more anonymous the better. He had a very troubled childhood in the foster care system and his foster father sexually abused him. He ran away but his two younger foster brothers stayed. He becomes a top litigator, rich, almost an alcoholic with a penchant for self-cutting.

Drew is the
Fani *loves angst*
A romance between a sweet straight man and a ruthless, unfeeling player who sleeps with another partner every night. That is until he meets our shy hero and falls head over heels for him. Those two fight, make love and then go on with their fighting until tragedy brings them together for good.

If you hate romances where the heroes push each other away because of their own insecurities, this won't work for you; in any other case, I strongly recommend this although it did turn a bit too s
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Ends of the Earth
  • Profondo come un respiro
  • Always Another Side
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules, #1)
  • The Twelfth Knight (Guardians of Camelot, #1)
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • Will & Patrick Fight Their Feelings (Wake Up Married, #4)
  • Un milione di maledetti motivi (Maledetto amore Vol. 2)
  • Finding North
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Temptation (Breaking the Rules, #2)
  • The Haunting of Timber Manor (Memoirs of the Human Wraiths, #1)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Stay (Blackcreek, #2)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • Unforgiven
  • Civico 77

Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending around the corner, Her characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

She lives in New York City and has way too much black in her wardrobe yet can't stop buying "just one more pair" of black pants. Felice is a happily addic

Through Hell and Back (3 books)
  • After the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #2)
  • Embrace the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #3)