Start by marking “Delivered Fast (Portland Heat, #3)” as Want to Read:
Delivered Fast (Portland Heat, #3)

Delivered Fast

(Portland Heat #3)

Portland, Oregon, aka Hotlandia, where the coffee shops, restaurants, and bakeries are ready to serve everything piping hot, fresh, and ready to go—like the hard-working, hard-bodied men behind the counters—with no reservations…

Sure, Chris O’Neal has problems. His restaurant is still co-owned by his ex. His flannel-and-tattoos style is making him accidentally trendy. He ca
Published May 26th 2015 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Delivered Fast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delivered Fast

Baba
2 stars. Review posted May 3, 2015. I thought it was the tofu…
 photo oie_tSuEd8rD5uU2_zpscx9mkrju.gif
Then came the dog…
 photo oie_IGkmVUbwnSn9_zps5aglwcak.gif
But, wait, we've had an analogy about beans…
 photo oie_KyBpUlQ4mxxC_zpsujech1uz.gif
…and last but not least the wash. The real winner.
 photo oie_OSmMgPsJaKdA_zpsiiiuufbg.gif

Maybe he'd been washed too hot? Poor sod. The program should include a delicate cycle. Er....if one isn't careful, one can hit the wrong program. Baba, what are you talking about? Lance doesn't fit in a washer.

Dear Authors,

I want originality but certainly not that kind of originality.

Thank you.

Best,

Baba

I don't know why I fi
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.25~

I was expecting an easy, sexy read, and I got it. Annabeth Albert's writing is so accessible that before I know it the book was over. I want more!

I've loved this series since book 1, and I think the stories keep getting better.

In Delivered Fast, I also discovered that the stories are somewhat connected: Robby, the sexy, geeky coffee cart guy from Served Hot, used to work for Chris, and Vic, the beefy, bald-by-choice baker from Baked Fresh, is Lance's older cousin.

Chris and Lance have gre
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I really wavered on whether to fill 3 or 4 stars with this one. I liked it, but I didn't love it!

For some reason, it seems at least one of the MCs in this series has self-esteem issues!

In this book they came from Chris, who was 10+ years older than Lance!

I got annoyed with how Chris kept Lance at arm lengths. He was too old for Lance. Lance deserved better than him. Why would Lance want to be with someone like him?

Lance and Chris start out as a one night thing (never works) and the
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

Although I had some issues with Chris, this was another winner and great ending to this series! Annabeth Albert has solidified a fan in me! She does a great job of writing sweet, low angst, hot steam and all heart stories!

Since the blurb does a great job of summarizing the plot, I won't touch on that, but focus on my thoughts.

I absolutely LOVED Lance! He was a lighthearted, insightful, sweet, Katy Perry dancing fool that completely stole the show for me.

I looked at him; really
.Lili.
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo image.jpg1_zps7ycmq4gi.jpg

THIS BOOK! While I was reading I just thought-

photo tumblr_mc5elkcv541rnts4ao1_500_zps85c3efd9.gif

What a great May/December romance! Talk about making a familiar story line your own. Even though I'd never read the author before, I knew I wanted to read this once I'd read the blurb. Then when the opportunity to read an ARC came up I was on it like white on rice!

This book was everything I love:
*Low angst
*Feel good
*Hot
*Great characters
*Character growth
*A book that totally had me grinning while reading
*It made me tear up
*Very smooth story flow

Al
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

4 Stars!

I have to say that this novella is my favorite in the series so far. I just loved Chris and Lances story. I am amazed by just how much story Annabeth Albert is able to pack into these short novellas. It is just so nice to be able to sit down and read such a fulfilling story in such a short amount of time.

This is the third story in the Portland Heat series but there is very little crossover and each story can be read as a stand alone. T
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

Woah, I SERIOUSLY adored this one! Low drama, lots of emotion, hot sex... what's there not to love?? Very nicely done, Annabeth Albert!

I think books with an age gap between characters have a special place in my heart because they remind me of my relationship with my husband. We have 9 years between us, and when we started dating I was just a teenager that was a BIG gap. Now that we are older and have kids, it seems like small potatoes, but then... it was like, OMG (x 100!).

When it co
Ami
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Delivered Fast is the third installment of Annabeth Albert’s Portland Heat series and my favorite among the three. I loved the couple and somehow, the conflict (despite it being rooted from a cliché theme) just ‘clicked’ with me, I liked the complexity of reasoning behind it. Before we get to that, though, let me just listed out things that made me fussy first...

When the author tweeted that Delivered Fast would feature May/December couple, my excitement increased. I thought this genre didn’t off
Renée
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
4.25 stars. A lot of feels packed into this novella. Best of the three!
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Take one older, tatted, & cantankerous coffee shop owner who has sworn off relationships (let alone one 13 years his junior) and mix it with a flirty, confident & fun (but grounded) young guy, and you've got quite the nice setup. Chris and Lance take friends with benefits to a whole new level, and they're absolutely ridiculous in thinking any such arrangement will remain casual.

Though totally understandable, Chris's reasons for keeping himself from getting attached drove me a bi
Adam
Chris O’Neal runs a trendy coffee shop in Portland, Oregon. He's in his mid-thirties, doesn't have many friends, has to constantly put up with his douchebag ex, and he's just a tad bitter. Lance Degrassi is the hot young delivery guy. He's on his way to a top graduate school, is very popular, and has confidence in spades.

Cranky older guy and a hot young college student? Score! Though I wouldn't call this a May/December romance. There's a thirteen year age gap between Chris and Lance, but I thin
Bitchie
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was cute, except for one thing, that drove me crazy. Chris kept calling himself old, and an old hippy.

My mom is an old hippy. She's 60. Chris was 35. I'm 42,and I'm perfectly aware of who Katy Perry is. So yeah, the age thing bugged the shit out of me. Not the 12 year age difference, but the idea that 35 is so old.

But other than that, I really enjoyed this book. I thought Lance was really adorable, and he and Chris went together really well.
Annery
***3.5***
This the third book in the Portland Heat series which can all be read as stand-alones. This one deals with Chris, the oldest 35 year old in the world! With his ex, Randy, he owns People's Cup, which has two locations and each stays in their corner of Portland. Along comes Lance, the most up-beat, optimistic, perfect whole package. He's the new bakery delivery guy. He's taking over from his cousin Vic from Baked Fresh. He's a full time, perfect-GPA-college student, loving brother, good s
Hollis
"People want to believe life is full of second chances. But that's not really the case. Sometimes we only get one shot to get it right."

Can't stop won't stop the binge is real.

"Dude, if I had your ink, I'd be taking a selfie every day just because."
"Dude, if I were still nineteen, I'd find a better use for my phone than putting pictures of myself all over the Internet."
"Twenty-two. I'm twenty-two." [..] From the cute blush on his cheeks, I figured the good people of Instagram and whatnot had bee
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
4 stars

I have fallen in love with Annabeth Albert's writing. She has the ability to write the most sincerest guys ever. Gah, I love her writing, and her guys. This book was no different. I was expecting an easy breezy love story. I got feelings as usual, I didn't expect Lance to be so smart when it came professing his feelings. I liked Chris, I understood his reservations being in a younger relationship. I liked that he took his time with letting Lance know his feelings. I hated when they broke
iva
The third book in Portland Heat series, Delivered Fast, is probably one of the most vulnerable and genuine love stories I’ve read by Albert so far. The tone is back to lighter, no heavy issues apart from fear of being hurt and fear of hurting the one you love. There’s an age difference (about ten years), which has been becoming my favorite kind of romance lately, and it’s more pronounced than in the previous story (where the age difference was also ten years, but both MC’s were kinda on the same ...more
Keveen
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

Well that was a really good one.

This third book from Portland Heat series was my favourite (so far. Which means I'm hoping there's more to come?) I really loved the story and how it flowed. I also loved that it was still connected to the other two (more of the second book and less of the first one). It was very interesting and the characters were really good.

Okay first of all, redhead. I mean UNF. Then tattoos. UNF. Especially tattoo sleeves. UNF UNF UNF.

( I know he has more tattoos bu
Lelyana
*** 4 stars ! ***

This is definitely my favorite of the series. And I adored Lance so much! He's perfect for that grumpy old Chris.
Young, vibrant, cheerful and always happy Lance and a gloomy grumpy but hot biker Chris.

They're a perfect couple, and I know Lance can make Chris happy forever. That's why what Chris gave up in his life for him, worth it.
Lance and Chris are sexy together, I couldn't ask for more perfect couple in this series. Lance and Chris are the best!

I'm not a fan of Vic and Robin
Vallie
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my all time favourite type of romance right here. No subplots, no whodunnits, no backstory drama, nada, nyet, nothing. Just two guys falling in love and making a relationship happen. I could read a story like this over and over and over without EVER being bored. Especially when the writing is excellent, the characters are actually well developed, the sex is hot, and the plot is nicely cruising along. I would have really enjoyed a little more info about the lovely HEA the boys got but I'm ...more
BWT (Belen)
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2015
A one night stand that turns into friends with benefits that turns into love.

It's a little on the lighter side of sexy, and I had one big problem with it...(view spoiler) But, other than that it's a sweet, quick read.

Every story so far can be read as a standal
Ann
The banter, the sexy times, the beautiful boys and the feels made this story such a win for me. I will auto buy and devour any words that Annabeth Albert writes. I think this story was my favorite in the series. I loved the chemistry between Chris and Lance SO much. The angst wasn't manufactured but instead any drama was just a natural part of the progression in their relationship and Chris' old demons working their way out of his system. Lance understood Chris and Chris really didn't know what ...more
Bev

Enjoyed this one, and am enjoying the series too. I especially liked Lance, he was a real cutie!! Low on angst, high on feel good factor and sexy times. 4 stars from me.
Naomi
Apr 23, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: scribd
Dnf (sample). Between Ducatis, hot fudge, and "my favorite coconut ice cream", I was constantly being pulled out of this story. Not for me.
Didi
The blurb hinted age gap in this book, and it was actually more than what's between the characters of Baked Fresh. However, I don't consider this a May/December love story. Yes, there's 13 year difference; but it's about a couple of guys in their 20s and 30s. Which was not uncommon, I'm sure (May/December to me was more like 40/50-ish silver fox with a tween or more than 20 year age gap, but... never mind).

For all the MC's sighing, thinking and worrying about AGE gap though, I think - in a nutsh
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the third book in the Portland Heat series, and can be enjoyed as a standalone.

Chris O'Neal is part owner of an independent coffee shop in Portland. His new bakery delivery man is a beautiful, young, virile man named Lance. And Lance is really into Chris, despite his beard, flannel and the ~15 year age gap. Chris really can't fathom the attraction, plus, he's not up for being hurt again. His previous boyfriend still owns part of his coffee shop, and Chris rather resents it. Also, Lance i
Jessica Alcazar
Another Portland Heat hit!!!

Meet Chris O’Neal , owner of The People’s Cup. He's mature and solid with a good business reputation.
Meet Lance DeGrassi , full time student and delivery boy. He's also mature and solid, but not in age. His life is full of responsibilities and he takes them all very seriously....from his friends to his family, his education and his job.

It would seem like these two would be an unlikely pair, but from the moment they met, there was a thing. There was definite chemis
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

*copy provided by author/publisher via NetGallery in exchange for an honest review*

I liked this book, but not as much as I loved the other two in the series. This was definitely my least favorite. The story was written well and the characters were both likable, but I found Chris' constant harping on their age difference to be annoying. I hate huge age differences in couples in books, but if it isn't harped on I can put it out of my mind and it doesn't bother me all that much, but when it is thro
Ruthie Taylor
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

I have read all the stories in the series, and this is definitely in contention for being my favourite. The writing flows so easily, making the characters come to life on the page. We have met some of the cast before, but the story concentrates on Chris and Lance, Vic's new delivery guy and student cousin. I would love to know what Chris really looks like, as he paints himself as such a grumpy old man - funny! Values, expecta
Sarah_loves_books
What a lovely, touching story. And so well written. This writer has now become one of my favourite writers. I already loved Baked Fresh. This was just as lovely. Chris has had his disappointments in life, falls in love with a young man, Lance, who he thinks should have his future elsewhere with somebody else, in a sunnier place with somebody better, or maybe Chris is just afraid of breaking his heart again.

I totally recommend this story. I had a break in my reading in the beginning, because the
Cadiva
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another cracking good story based firmly in the real world. There's another age gap in this one too but unlike book two, I did feel this one could have been a bigger deal simply because of the different stages of life the MCs were at.

But it was handled beautifully and realistically with both men reaching a compromise and both of them realising the the age gap wasn't the real issue but building up trust that each person truly did know their own mind and what they wanted was.

The sex scenes were em
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Different Strokes
  • Winter Wonderland (Minnesota Christmas, #3)
  • Daily Grind (Takeover, #4)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Mask (West End #2)
  • A Restored Man (The Men of Halfway House, #3)
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • How to Deal (All Cocks #3)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Shiny!
  • One Step Further (Memories, #2)
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
  • Taking a Chance (Restoration, #3)
  • Teach Me
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #4)
  • Making a Comeback (More Than a Game, #3)
  • Called Up (Calling It, #2)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

Portland Heat (6 books)
  • Served Hot (Portland Heat, #1)
  • Baked Fresh (Portland Heat, #2)
  • Knit Tight (Portland Heat, #4)
  • Wrapped Together (Portland Heat, #5)
  • Danced Close (Portland Heat, #6)
“They’re like your spirit animal or something, huh?” 0 likes
“What the hell? In my time away from the scene, apparently I’d gotten fucking trendy.” 0 likes